PDA

View Full Version : First Timer to DL - Help with resort choice and trip details

mm126
05-18-2008, 12:52 PM
We are beginning to plan our trip to DL for the summer 0f 2009. We have experienced WDW and the Magic & Wonder. Our trip will be for 10 days. DL/Hollywood/San Diego including the zoo and lego land and some R&R at the beach. My first choice is to stay at California Grand and Del Coronado. How many days should I plan on for DL/Hollywood and for San Diego? Any suggestions? Kids will be 10 and 11 at the time of travel.

Thanks!

HydroGuy
05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
We are beginning to plan our trip to DL for the summer 0f 2009. We have experienced WDW and the Magic & Wonder. Our trip will be for 10 days. DL/Hollywood/San Diego including the zoo and lego land and some R&R at the beach. My first choice is to stay at California Grand and Del Coronado. How many days should I plan on for DL/Hollywood and for San Diego? Any suggestions? Kids will be 10 and 11 at the time of travel.

Thanks!Most folks around here point WDW vets to this thread as a starting point:

"A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599)

You should plan 3-5 days at DLR. Note that Disneyland (DL) refers to the theme park which is part of Disneyland Resort (DLR).

disneyfaninaz
05-18-2008, 01:29 PM
It all depends on what you want to see and do. If you are staying at The Del I would recommend 3 days in San Diego. No more than 1 day in Hollywood if you are just sight seeing.

I agree with HydroGuy that you should plan 3-5 days at DLR if you want to see everything and not be rushed.

mm126
05-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks! I think we will stay 3 nights in @ Grand California, 2 nights Renaissance Hollywood and 3 nights in San Deigo. Do you recommend renting a car? We will more than likely begin our trip in DL then Hollywood and finish the trip in San Diego. Can you recommend any other hotels in San Diego - it is my understanding the Del Coronado is sometime hard to get.

disneyfaninaz
05-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Yes, definitely rent a car. It is very easy to get around southern California with good directions and maps.

Nothing beats The Del in San Diego, but there are literally hundrends of places to choose from. If you have a favorite brand, check out their sites. It also depends if you want to stay downtown or out on Mission Bay by Sea World.

mickeymark34
05-18-2008, 01:45 PM
San Diego is approximately 3 hours from Anahiem. If it were me planning, I would save San Diego for last. Hollwood is approx. 1 hour from The Disneyland Resort. So it would not be that long of a trip to go from the DLR to Hollwood, or vise versa. Like the other posters, I would recommend 3-5 days at DR, to ensure that you get to do everything you would like to do. Make sure you make reservations at The Blue Bayou restaurant, in Pirates of the Caribbean.