PDA

View Full Version : jennifaerie's planning journal - 3/2 - Made it on the Maggie Sottero Website!

Pages : [1] 2 3

jennifaerie
05-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I feel weird doing this, as I'm not having a Disney wedding... not even a Disney themed wedding, though we did consider having one at WDW (unfortunately, neither of our families would have been able to afford to travel, money or healthwise).

But I've been wandering around here for awhile, posting randomly, complimenting people on their wonderful, beautiful weddings, and I feel like I should at least say hello!

So... hello! :flower3:

I'm one of those people who strives to not be like everyone else (and probably becomes more like everyone else because I do!), so I've been keeping really mum about my wedding plans. I don't tell anyone anything unless someone asks. And whenever someone does ask, it's, How are the wedding plans coming? I don't really know how to answer that other than, They're done. Which ends the conversation faster than I could run into a wall. Oops. :sad2:

I have a livejournal, and I could post it all there, but no one wants to hear that stuff. No one wants to know that our rings got ordered this week, and that we might be considering a videographer when we originally were dead set against it.

But then I come here every day, and I realize, that's what we talk about here! Weddings! Sorry, I'm a little dense. The English degree didn't do a heck of a lot for me, except helping my grammar. :sad2: Oops, again.

So I thought I'd share a few things about myself, my wedding, and that way, I feel like we're remotely even. Everyone here gives me something every day. I'd like to give a little back, even if it's just, Here! This is me!

It'll also be fun to actually post a trip report here after the honeymoon because you'll actually want to hear about it. I do get the flat "Oh." from some people when I tell them where we're honeymooning. But almost as much as I get the oh, I also get, That's where we honeymooned! :)

So hi! (I'll get on with it, I promise.)

DecemberBride
05-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Sounds good to me! Any plans are good plans! Hope to read all about it soon!

jennifaerie
05-17-2008, 07:50 PM
My name is Jennifer, and I'm getting married in September to Rob.

Us!
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2005/me/090605_us/slides/smilingout.jpg

We met at work almost six years ago and have been together for almost four. It's been a rocky relationship -- not really because of us, but because it started off with my family hating him, and his family hating me (not necessarily at the same time, but there was some overlap!). :rotfl: But he's always had this ability to make me laugh and appreciate things I never stopped to enjoy before.

The Engagement

I'm going to cheat and paste the story from our wedding website because I am so bad at writing things again. I try so hard to capture the same thoughts and words, and then I end up hating my second version! :lmao:

But I'll preface it with some Disney fodder. We first went to Disney World last April. Rob had never been (I had been once in 2000), and I think he was dreading it no matter how much he said he was excited (I felt the same way the first time I went). Of course, he loved it.

Us with my favorite little guy, Stitch!
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Disney/April07/day6_Epcot/ep11_myfavoritepicture2.jpg

When we got back, I immediately started planning a second trip. They had just released the free dining offer, and I said, What the heck?

During our trip in September, the bounceback offer was made. I was bad... I secretly (while he was in the shower) booked the offer. It wasn't exactly a crime, but I booked at the Polynesian! :scared: We have only stayed in moderates and couldn't exactly afford the Polynesian. Of course, we can't keep secrets, so I told him about ten minutes after he got out of the shower. :rotfl: But when I told him, I said, This better be our honeymoon since we have no other special reason to stay at the Polynesian!

His response? Okay. (See? I'm staying within the Disney topic!)

:lmao:

Fast forward to December of last year.

One Sunday (December 9th!), I came downstairs and found a wrapped present on the coffee table. It was a bigger box... probably about the size of a new digital camera package or a new phone box.

Rob was watching the Patriots game. He told me he wanted to give me something early to help me get in the spirit of things.

I responded, In the spirit? I'm in the spirit! You're the one not in the spirit.

It's customary for us to end up giving each other most of our gifts before Christmas. This ends up causing us both to make a mad dash to the store before Christmas to make sure we have something under the tree.

But he's not really a big Christmas fan. I'm not exactly either, but I definitely seem like it when I listen to Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving on. I decorate with flourish. I almost skip through December. It can be pretty disgusting.

I'm not exactly in the same spirit I usually am, though. I did warn you I would disappear. Our Financials product went live at the hospital, and I've been neck-deep in it. Working anywhere from eleven to sixteen hour days, even on the weekends. It's been really hard. And I'd do anything for a ray of sunshine.

I, of course, told him I didn't need to open it yet. I could wait. But he seemed like he wanted me to.

I tried to grab the box off the table. It had to be at least twenty to thirty pounds. I could tell by how it moved that it was full of marbles.

That's a lotta marbles!, I said.

He was bummed I figured it out right off the bat. He was hoping I wouldn't pick it up.

Rob likes to give me marbles. There's some phantom of 10 Prospect who drops marbles all over the place. On the roof, the ground, in the bushes. All over the place. Whenever he finds one, he gives it to me. I now have marbles all over the house. In my desk, in the kitchen, in my coat pockets. Everywhere.

So the sentiment of giving a box of marbles was not lost on me. I thought it was really sweet.

I opened up the box, and in the middle was a really large, gorgeous marble. The marble had thin, silver Christmas ribbon around it. It was crafted by a glass-maker; it has to be the most beautiful marble I've ever seen. It was pink, white, shades of lavender... they swirled around with some clear glass in between.

I tried to pull the marble out, but the ribbon was tugging, still stuck in the box, amidst all those marbles.

When I finally got it out, my eyes followed the string down to find a marble at the end. I marveled at it (Rob tells me that the marble at the bottom was unintended... it got stuck in there as I was pulling it up), and neglected to notice the ring wrapped around it.

When I saw it, I jumped a little.

He pushed the coffee table away and got on his knees. He started to speak-- I stopped him and said, Please, at least pause the game (anecdote of the century, I believe). He did and proceeded to ask me to marry him.

After a few seconds, I sputtered an Okay. Five minutes later, I actually said yes.

The marble is known as Cupid's Arrow. He thought it fit. I thought it was perfect.

He also thought it wasn't enough and waited until he realized he couldn't come up with anything else.

Again, I thought it was perfect.

Here's the ring:
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/thering.jpg
We took several pictures with it on my finger, but we just couldn't get it to come out right. I'll try again, but this is definitely the best picture we'll ever get of it.
I'm not a big jewelry fan, especially diamonds, so he knew it'd be tough to find something for me. I like the antique look, so this was perfect.

So when trying to decide a date for the wedding, we thought back to the reservation I booked, and ta-dah! Insta-Wedding Date. We're getting married right before we leave for our Disney Honeymoon!

Again, stayed on topic (sort of)!

jennifaerie
05-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Did I forget to mention that I started this because addressing invitations is physically and mentally painful, and this is MUCH more fun?!

:lmao:

Just a few stats-
Date: September 21st, 2008
Time: 11am
Where: Hollis, New Hampshire
Theme: Fall... and Fun... so Fall Fun!
Guests: The place we picked required a minimum of seventy-five (75) guests for the day we chose (why we chose a Sunday versus a Saturday; Saturday required ninety). We're inviting about one hundred twenty-five (125), but we're expecting about seventy-five to ninety.
Traditional?: Yes and no. There are certain portions... like the invitations, that are quasi-traditional, and I'm following all the wording and etiquette rules. But I don't care about most rules. Like what the wear for what time of day. Or what to wear at all. Our centerpieces are actually baskets full of toys, activity books, crayons, and games. But I have a dressy dress. We're having a cake, but it's going to be a hiking trail.

Our theme was originally fall because it's the last day of summer, and we love autumn. We've gone to so many weddings and saw people really bored. So we wanted to come up with something really fun for our guests. Hence, where the fun comes in. So we're trying our darndest to make this fun for people.

I'm sure I'll be sharing all those exciting details soon, but I better get back to addressing, and if I keep going, you'll never stay awake... let alone stay! :lmao:

I do appreciate you reading along! :hug:

IndyBride
05-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I've been enjoying your PJ! Can't wait to hear more. That's the magic of the Dis. There is always someone here as interested in hearing about your wedding as much as you want to talk about it.

IndyBride
05-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh one more thing- I absolutly love that first picture of the two of you!

lurkyloo
05-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Fabulous start! I was there in September and got suckered into the bounceback offer too. Dang you, Mickey!!!!

Do you have pix of the marble? Or marbles...? Me likey pix.... :lovestruc

hope1826
05-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats and officially Welcome!!

You two are such a cute couple! That first pic is adorable, with Rob's head on your shoulder!

And your engagement story is so cute and your ring is gorgeous, If I had gone for a diamond I would have wanted something similar. He did a great job.

I can't wait to read/see more.

Nikki

PS. Keep me posted on your dad. I'll be thinking of him and praying for you all over the next few months.

BayouPrincess
05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Jenn,

Very nice start. You two are so cute and what a wonderful story. I love the marble thing. That is really thoughtful and sweet.

Your ring is beautiful and your wedding sounds like a lot of fun! If people don't have fun, it's their own fault. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more! :surfweb:

jennifaerie
05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Sounds good to me! Any plans are good plans! Hope to read all about it soon!

Thank you! I've got lots to say! A quiet bride is an exploding bride! :rotfl2:

I've been enjoying your PJ! Can't wait to hear more. That's the magic of the Dis. There is always someone here as interested in hearing about your wedding as much as you want to talk about it.

Oh one more thing- I absolutly love that first picture of the two of you!
You're very right-- and I'm glad! I think I might be going through talking withdrawal!

And thank you so much!! :love:

Fabulous start! I was there in September and got suckered into the bounceback offer too. Dang you, Mickey!!!!

Do you have pix of the marble? Or marbles...? Me likey pix.... :lovestruc

You know, I never took pictures of the marble... it never even occurred to me until you asked. So I did today. I'll be posting them soon! Rob also got me another marble for my birthday that was a similar version but different color. I'll have to take pictures of that too. They don't do it justice though.

Congrats and officially Welcome!!

You two are such a cute couple! That first pic is adorable, with Rob's head on your shoulder!

And your engagement story is so cute and your ring is gorgeous, If I had gone for a diamond I would have wanted something similar. He did a great job.

I can't wait to read/see more.

Nikki

PS. Keep me posted on your dad. I'll be thinking of him and praying for you all over the next few months.

Oh, Nikki, thank you so much! :hug: I'm much more of a pearl girl, so I think he done good under the circumstances! You made me all blushy!

I will definitely keep you posted. Thank you again! :flower3:
Jenn,

Very nice start. You two are so cute and what a wonderful story. I love the marble thing. That is really thoughtful and sweet.

Your ring is beautiful and your wedding sounds like a lot of fun! If people don't have fun, it's their own fault. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more! :surfweb:

Thank you, thank you! I was at the Christmas Tree Shoppes buying the baskets, and the cashier was horrified when I told her what I was doing. She kept recommending at least "a few flowers". I think I scared her! :rotfl:

Thank you again, everyone! I just got back from seeing Made of Honor (it was more for waffle fries than it was the movie), and I'm expected to go garden, but I'll get more up later today (hopefully including the marble pictures)!

jennifaerie
05-18-2008, 02:43 PM
The Dress

After we got engaged, I stayed mum about it for awhile. I was working offsite, and I wanted to tell my coworkers about it first before the people I was working with found out. My mother works at the same hospital, and I thought her telling her department would cause the news to spread like wildfire (Rob and I found out we were together before we did! :lmao: ), but I was so quiet about it, most people didn't find out until they saw it in the paper.

I did, however, call my mom and my matron of honor the night it happened. My Matron of Honor (Tamara) screeched and screamed (I swear she was more excited than I was), and was terribly excited that I asked her to go dress shopping with me when she visited for New Year's.

I had done a lot of dress research, and I pretty much knew what I wanted-- A-Line, color, flower applique (yeah, I'm that girl). I fell in love with Atelier Aimee's designs, but I knew they were immensely expensive. I also loved Maggie Sottero. I made an appointment at Yolanda's (it's Boston's answer to Kleinfeld's) for my first shopping excursion.

Let's just say, Wow. Interesting experience. I thought I'd be able to look through aisles of dresses and say, I want that one, but it was a full service salon where they ask you want you, bring it to you, and based on what you like and don't like, they bring you more.

There were several dresses by Anne Barge and Paloma Blanca that I was drawn to. Of course, whenever the consultant left the room, we'd check the price tags, and my eyes would bug out of my head. I kept thinking, Well, the two most important things to me are the dress and the cake... and I have a Disney Visa! So... why not?

I'm very overanalytical. I overthink everything. I was not getting the "click", and it was driving me batty.

We made another appointment, and went to a couple more stores. The last store we visited that day had a dress in the window that took my breath away. I was reminded at the end of the salon appointment that I actually really liked pick-ups, and this baby had it all. In fact, when I told the woman at the store what I was looking for, one of the women yelled, Take the dress out of the front window!

I tried on a handful of dresses there, and the last one was the one from the window. Everyone loved it. I loved it. But I didn't get the click. So I left.

This haunted me for two days (isn't dress shopping supposed to be the FUN part?!) because of the New Year. All the stores were closed.

We visited another store two days later, and I tried on this dress and fell absolutely in love (let me apologize in advance for the Maggie Sottero models... they scare me and make the dresses not... what they could be):
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/J1127%20Dallas%20Marie.jpg

I tried on the Diamond White/Red (or burgundy, I can't remember), and I loved it. Until I stared at it for awhile. Then I kept saying, Doesn't the ribbon look funny? Isn't it slanted?

I loved it, but I walked away. Still not sure if there was a click yet.

So we went to another store! I had a lot of success there. There were several dresses that I loved (there's still one there on clearance that I might just buy for a formal night on a cruise or whatnot... it was adorable. I need to get pictures of it).

This dress, I actually got teary-eyed with. I seriously thought it was it.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/J9731%20Prestyn.jpg The veil just made it. It was perfect. Neither of the dresses I've shown you had applique flowers or all that much color, but I was really smitten with both of them.

You know what other dress they had, though? The one I tried on in the other store that everyone said was the one.

I tried on both dresses. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. I must have tried on both of them six times, one after another. And then I think I got at least a tentative "click".

My reasoning: The Prestyn, the beautiful one that made me teary-eyed was me as a girl. But this dress... this one represented me as a woman.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/ivana.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/ivanaback.jpg

I look at the pictures, and my stomach turns, and I worry I made a mistake. But it's just the model's pose.

I'm not crazy about the bow going sideways, and again, it doesn't have applique flowers, but it goes with my hair, my glasses, my lipstick (my nieces think it's hysterical that they all match), and god, it feels so good on. So soft, so light, so smooth. I love it.

It should be in any day now (I hope). All I need to get done is the hem, and they're going to add straps to it. Broad shoulders look funny naked!

I still drove myself crazy with indecision, though. And I sought down another Maggie Sottero that I really liked. The Fiorenza. A dress shop in my hometown had it. I actually drove there to try it on, but the door was locked (oops). I called the shop, just in case, and it turned out the door wasn't supposed to be locked, and she let me in (though you're supposed to make an appointment) and had me try it on.

The Fiorenza
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/J1076%20Fiorenza.jpg

Rob came with me, and he was weirded out about seeing me in it, for fear that I might end up buying it. But I had him look... figured it would convince me to not buy it.

I tried on the red version. I had hoped she'd have the white one, because they did look different. I thought the flowers in the pick-ups looked like poinsettias since the dress was red.

I think Rob nearly fell out of his chair. :lmao: He's not used to seeing me in dresses (I'm a jeans/t-shirt/Doc Martens sort of girl). He loved it. The dress shop owner loved it too, but told me just from looking at the dress I already ordered, that dress was perfect for me. This one just wasn't enough. She also offered to make me some flowers to put on my dress once it came in. (That's when I posted about places where I could buy applique flowers.)

I went back to the dress shop where I ordered my dress; Rob went with me. I tried on the Prestyn for him, and that seemed to give me closure. First, I got to try it on again and say, Yes, I made the right decision. But I also had the chance to have him see me in it. I think that's what I really wanted.

When I came out with it on, he said, Wow, I can't wait to see what you did get!

In those few moments with him and the dresses, I was reminded that this was about the two of us. Not dresses or people or drama. It was us. And how I cannot wait to knock his socks off that day. Because no matter how critical I am of myself, I know he's going to love whatever I wear and whatever I do that day.

jennifaerie
05-19-2008, 09:19 AM
It took me maybe a minute or two to take the pictures. Then, somehow, it took me four hours to post them. I was *very* frustrated by seven last night. :mad: :scared: :mad:

For lurkyloo:

This is the box all the marbles were in.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008x/051808%20-%20The%20Marble/slides/P5182973.JPG

All the marbles. The big one is underneath all the ribbon.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008x/051808%20-%20The%20Marble/slides/P5182974.JPG

Here's the marble, Cupid's Arrow. This picture really doesn't do it justice.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008x/051808%20-%20The%20Marble/slides/P5182975.JPG

In the sunlight, so you can see that the silvery swirls are actually clear.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008x/051808%20-%20The%20Marble/slides/P5182976.JPG

Close up.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008x/051808%20-%20The%20Marble/slides/P5182977.JPG

I held it up in the window so you could see through the clear swirls.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008x/051808%20-%20The%20Marble/slides/P5182978.JPG

Incidentally, as it seems marbles are a common theme in our relationship, there are bags of marbles in our centerpiece baskets (thank you, Oriental Trading!). :cutie:

jennifaerie
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
The Shoes

I told my matron of honor that I was going to be wearing my Doc Martens to the wedding, to which she responded, Over my dead body. :sad2: So I offered to buy a new pair. She acquiesced.

I found several pairs of Docs I wanted, but of course, I wanted discontinued ones. Go me. Typical.

What ended up happening was the crazy search for the perfect pair of shoes. Easier said than done with my feet. I cannot wear shoes. I pronate, so orthotics tend to not fit in dress shoes, and I walk like a drunken flamingo when I'm in heels.

:rotfl2:

So I went searching, and I thought I found *THE* shoes. They seemed perfect.
They were brown, not burgundy, but the leaves were perfect for the fall theme, and I loved the hummingbirds. They looked like leaves from far away. They also had very low heels. Another perk.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Shoes/hummingbirdshoe.jpg

Unfortunately, when I got them, I found they fit funny. The backs pop off whenever I walk. I tried a bunch of things, and nothing worked. Socks, no socks, pantyhose. Barefeet. Orthotics, no orthotics. I cannot get the backs to fall off. The odd thing is that they're not too big. If I got a half-size smaller, they'd be too tight. So I don't know what to do with them. I'd already resigned myself to wearing two pairs of shoes that day-- a pair of shoes for the ceremony, and then Docs for the reception.

Since all the burgundy Doc Martens have disappeared (where oh where did you go!), but a new pair was just released. I'm not totally crazy about them, but they're burgundy. I wanted a taller pair (more eyes/buttonholes), and I didn't want the design, but they work. They're more uncomfortable than regular Docs, so I've been trying to break them in.

They look really red because of the flash, but they're actually quite dark.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Shoes/docmarten2.jpg

After I got both those pairs, I found ANOTHER pair. They were in a therapeutic foot shoe/care/etc. catalog. I know, sounds scary. And they actually look scary based on my picture, but bear with them. They're very pretty in person, and they were pretty in the catalog too. I think the suede is off-putting. It makes them look dirty.

http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Shoes/flowershoe.jpg

They're actually therapeutic! Lots of cushioning. I've read reviews that people who can't wear heels have worn these for eight hours on their feet without any problem. I highly doubt that's possible, but it's nice to read anyway. And look! Flower applique!

alissa2008
05-19-2008, 10:22 AM
love it so far!! Those dresses are killer ... no wonder you had a tough time deciding!!

Can't wait for more!! popcorn::

PrincessBride010103
05-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I looooove the gowns :love: I especially love the one you say made you teary eyed

camara381
05-19-2008, 11:39 AM
First let me say I just found your PJ ! Congrats and welcome, I love the dress (all of them) I can't pick just one!!!

keenercam
05-19-2008, 11:48 AM
I LOVE your PJ!! All of those dresses are gorgeous. You can't go wrong with any of them. :goodvibes LOVE that you are going to wear comfy shoes (I have my own shoe drama going on in my PJ! :laughing: ). The presentation of the ring was so wonderful and romantic and the ring itself is gorgeous! I hope you hung the marble somewhere that you can see it all the time! :sunny: Can't wait to hear more!

lurkyloo
05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Ooooh! Purty marble! It looks like candy! :cutie:

I can't believe they don't have burgandy Docs anymore! But I do like that last pair of shoes you posted - I don't think they'll look dirty from a distance, and they have a great vintage feel.

jennifaerie
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM
love it so far!! Those dresses are killer ... no wonder you had a tough time deciding!!

Thank you! It was *really* tough. Like I said, I overthink everything.

I looooove the gowns :love: I especially love the one you say made you teary eyed

Aww... I really loved it too. The matching veil really sealed the deal. It was hard to walk away from it. If the wedding was in the spring, I definitely would have gotten that one.

First let me say I just found your PJ ! Congrats and welcome, I love the dress (all of them) I can't pick just one!!!

Thank you so much! I really was convinced I should have two dresses. But the last dress shop I went to caused me to change my mind. The dressmaker there told me she had two dresses at her wedding, and it just seemed like such a waste to change twice in eight hours. She said that the Fiorenza was beautiful, but it didn't have the power that the Ivana (the one I did get) did. Imagine a shop owner telling you you shouldn't buy a dress! :wizard:

I LOVE your PJ!! All of those dresses are gorgeous. You can't go wrong with any of them. :goodvibes LOVE that you are going to wear comfy shoes (I have my own shoe drama going on in my PJ! :laughing: ). The presentation of the ring was so wonderful and romantic and the ring itself is gorgeous! I hope you hung the marble somewhere that you can see it all the time! :sunny: Can't wait to hear more!

Thank you!! :flower3: Oh, I'm definitely going to have to check out your shoe drama. Amazing how your feet seem to cause so much trouble! :rotfl: I think that's the sweetest thing Rob has ever done for me. And probably the sweetest thing he ever will do!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would love to hang the marble, but I have five cats, all of which marbles are for their own fun. Yeah. So I have to keep it in a box. But now I'm thinking maybe I could put it in a hutch. The novelty of the proposal hasn't worn off yet, so I've been keeping it all together. You're right, though. I should have it on display.

Ooooh! Purty marble! It looks like candy! :cutie:

I can't believe they don't have burgandy Docs anymore! But I do like that last pair of shoes you posted - I don't think they'll look dirty from a distance, and they have a great vintage feel.

All right, Carrie! No marble for you! We'll have to find you something more edible! :rotfl2: Like those peanut butter... well, peanut butter anything!

I'm glad you like the shoes! The flash made the textures look a little white in some sections. In person, though, they're very dark. But you're right-- they do have a vintage look to them. AND-- they're somewhat comfortable!

Next up... invitations, I think! And jewelry.

Thank you all for listening and lifting me up a bit (JUST a bit :laughing: )! :hug:

keenercam
05-19-2008, 08:38 PM
If it is possible to hang it, you could do what we are doing with a decorative glass sphere we bought in Chicago. We are hanging a plant hanger from the upper wooden frame of our kitchen window and then suspending the sphere on fishing line or maybe a fine decorative gold toned chain. I think your marble is too beautiful to keep in a box! :love:

jennifaerie
05-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! We actually have a sphere too that's just hanging from our bay window. That's a great idea!

lov2b@disney
05-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Congratulations! Love all the marbles- how sweet! The dresses are beautiful- go with the one that pulls at your heart strings!

jennifaerie
05-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Congratulations! Love all the marbles- how sweet! The dresses are beautiful- go with the one that pulls at your heart strings!

In that case, ALL OF 'EM! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :)

Lynn5700
05-20-2008, 10:54 AM
HI!!!!!! I just wanted to say Congrats in the upcoming wedding!!!!! I love your engagement story!!!!!!!!!!! The gowns are beaitiful too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifaerie
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
The Jewelry

Ah! I was mid-post, and I must have closed the window! Oops!

keenercam and I are all about options! :laughing: So I ended up with four different sets of jewelry from eBay. Oops! I figured as long as they were all relatively cheap, it was okay to get more than one and just decide which to use when the dress comes in.

And I completely agree with lurkyloo-- Australia is your friend. They had lots of unusual jewelry. I probably would have bought more than the two sets I did from there if I wasn't trying to limit my decisions! :laughing:

We decided once I purchased the dress that our colors would be burgundy and gold (also my college colors, but not my intention!). It made sense. They were fall colors and matched.

I also knew I wanted something with flowers and leaves, as well as burgundy. Since there's only a little burgundy in the dress on the boddice, I thought if I wore anything white/crystal/clear, it would fade away in comparison with the sash. So I did some searches on bridal jewelry, flowers, leaves, and burgundy, and then I had to decide what I liked the best.

As you all know, pictures of jewelry stink. It's nothing like looking at it in person, watching it sparkle. My pictures are way below the stink-level. :lmao: So I warn you in advance. They're not nearly as beautiful as they are in person. I think I'm like a cat-- drawn to the sparkle!

Set One:
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/pinkset.jpg
One of the Australian sets. I thought, Wow, that's really pink, but I went for it because of the flowers. I like it, but it hangs a bit long.

Set Two:
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/floralset.jpg
This is another Australian set. It's very unusual. I'm not crazy about how low it falls, but I love the flowers, the leaves. It's very earthy (though the pink sticks out quite a bit!). What I really love about this set are some of the beads.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/closeupoffloral.jpg
You can actually see pressed flowers in them.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/closeupoffloral2.jpg
I didn't realize when I bought it. When I opened the box, I said, Now, THAT is cool.

Set Three:
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/littleflowers.jpg
This one is lovely. I love the flowers, but it's very light. The red stones are more ruby than they are garnet (so red more than burgundy). The middle piece comes down a bit low, so I'll definitely need to see the dress first.

Set Four:
http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/choker.jpg
Right now, the fourth set is my favorite. I'm a big choker fan. It's also short, so it doesn't fall into my cleavage. But I may feel differently once I'm in a dress that actually shows a good portion of my shoulders/collarbone. It's also the darkest set.

So you can see I'm leaning toward four. We'll see. I'm keeping an open mind until the dress comes in. I offered the jewelry to my matron of honor and bridesmaid, but I think they think they're a bit too girly. :) I don't blame them. They are! :goodvibes That's why I like them! Girly and leafy and flowery!

jennifaerie
05-20-2008, 11:09 AM
HI!!!!!! I just wanted to say Congrats in the upcoming wedding!!!!! I love your engagement story!!!!!!!!!!! The gowns are beaitiful too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, Lynn! I was drooling over your pictures all morning! :lovestruc

lurkyloo
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Mmmm....peanut butter....and Australia.....

I think you should wear all four sets of jewelry, possibly simultaneously! (You could take them off individually and give them to people like at Mardi Gras) :rotfl: You could do jewelry costume changes between each event on your wedding day. People would be like "Wait...wasn't she...? Is something....?"

keenercam
05-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Okay, I totally love set 2! It is so unusual and beautiful! But I can see why set 4 is your favorite. I LOVE that you have so many options. Yes, you'll definitely have to see which works with the dress! :thumbsup2

jennifaerie
05-20-2008, 11:26 AM
The Comb
What to do with my hair (UGH)...

I knew a few things:
1. I didn't want a tiara or any sort of front hair piece.
2. I didn't want an updo, so no bun wrap type deal.
3. I needed something that matched with the gold/burgundy theme.
4. I wanted leaves. :love:
5. I didn't want glitter/sparkle.
6. I prefer silver, but should go with gold because of the dress.

I could not believe how enormously difficult it was to find something for my hair. I found sort-of pieces. Lots and lots of sort of pieces. But nothing that sealed the deal.

I visited so many websites, I lost track of what I liked, even though I bookmarked everything! At one point, I went and looked at all of my bookmarks and found that almost everything I had saved was a tiara. Oops. I loved what was *in* the tiara, but I didn't want a tiara.

I get migraines. Almost every day, actually. Having my hair up is a trigger, and I'm not really crazy about updos with my facial structure anyway.

So I decided I wanted a hair piece. But most pieces were for side hair, which is usually for updos. I know you can use them in downdos, but I'm not crazy about them.

So that narrowed it down to combs that would be stuffed somewhere in the back of my head.

In all my searches, I kept being drawn to Tigerlilly (http://www.tigerlillyjewelry.com/). I absolutely loved the designs, especially in the Midsummer Night's Dream collection.

Leaves!

Flowers!

Holy cow!

But I was scared off by the prices. I thought to commission, but I was even more scared of how much that would cost.

After another week or two of searching and finding nothing, my matron of honor told me to contact Tigerlilly; she would buy me a comb for my birthday.

This is when I met Mandy Greenan.

I cannot say enough about this woman (liken her to all of Lynn's A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++s!). She is sweet, creative, and she really *gets* you. You send her a picture of your dress, you tell her what you want to do with your hair, and you tell her a little about you, and she comes up with a masterful design.

I'm very critical, and I was scared about having someone make something for me. I told her I loved the leaves and flowers in her poppy hairpin but would like something a little larger to go in the back of my hair. I was worried that red/burgundy would fade out in my hair, since my hair is that color already, so I suggested white. It wasn't that I really wanted white, but I knew it would stick out.

A month later, she emailed me this design (with a couple others too):
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/031808_Tigerlilly%20Hair%20Piece/slides/03.jpg

I liked it, but I really wanted to see a pearl or two in there, and the white just didn't seem to be doing it for me.

I was terrified to tell her, but I knew I had to be honest.

She was *fantastic* about it. She agreed completely and went back to work.

A week or two later, I received an email from her. I have to tell you. I squealed. A lot. I shrieked. I was completely ecstatic with what she came up with (VERY VERY happy).

http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/031808_Tigerlilly%20Hair%20Piece/slides/P3192828.JPG
:lovestruc :love: :love: :lovestruc

I love this piece. Love it love it love it.

The box it came in. :)
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/031808_Tigerlilly%20Hair%20Piece/slides/P3192827.JPG

And if you're curious about scale.
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/031808_Tigerlilly%20Hair%20Piece/slides/P3192830.JPG

Again, I can't say enough about Mandy Greenan. She is amazing. She drops everything she's doing to work on a project for you, and she gives you options. She will change it any which way for you.

The nicest part about it is I made a friend out of the deal (and will have a stellar comb in my hair!).

jennifaerie
05-20-2008, 11:30 AM
I think you should wear all four sets of jewelry, possibly simultaneously! (You could take them off individually and give them to people like at Mardi Gras) :rotfl: You could do jewelry costume changes between each event on your wedding day. People would be like "Wait...wasn't she...? Is something....?"
:rotfl2:
That'd be great, except my poor neck would be killing me! I get migraines from weight on my neck (and tight chokers). I don't know if I have enough piercing holes to put all the earrings in. Hmm... I think that's a great idea! Wow, we don't just get to catch a bouquet, we get jewelry too!

I did consider changing jewelry sets too. I may do that if I can't decide once the dress comes in. It's tempting.

Okay, I totally love set 2! It is so unusual and beautiful! But I can see why set 4 is your favorite. I LOVE that you have so many options. Yes, you'll definitely have to see which works with the dress! :thumbsup2

Set Two and Three definitely set my heart aflutter! I want to be able to wear them at some point, and it seems like only my wedding day will suffice (cruise, maybe?). I don't dress up much (the story of our lives!). I don't want to miss out. So I'll have to find something for them.

Swmhc
05-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I like the 2nd set of jewelry the best...escpecially now with your comb !

keenercam
05-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

jennifaerie
05-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I like the 2nd set of jewelry the best...escpecially now with your comb !

You're right! I was thinking that too. Once the dress comes in, I'll have to take pictures with me in them, and have a poll! :laughing: God knows it'll be tough to make a decision on my own!

Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

:lovestruc Thank you so much! When I looked at the pictures this morning to attach to the post, I was like, WOW. I forgot how beautiful it was.

jennifaerie
05-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I just checked my messages at home, hoping to hear my glasses were in, and I found out my dress is in!

:dance3:

I am *very* happy. I never thought the day would come! Eep!

I'll be posting more soon... probably the invitations next.

Thanks for reading!

lpizzuro123
05-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I like the jewlery set #4. The red seems darker and would match the burgandy in the dress better. I think the other sets have too much pink in them. I also LOVE your new comb. How are you going to put it in your hair?

You have to put it all together before you can come up with a final decission. Once you get the dress try it on with the four sets and see what you like best.

Linda

jennifaerie
05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I like the jewlery set #4. The red seems darker and would match the burgandy in the dress better. I think the other sets have too much pink in them. I also LOVE your new comb. How are you going to put it in your hair?

You have to put it all together before you can come up with a final decission. Once you get the dress try it on with the four sets and see what you like best.

Linda

I think I like the fourth the best two. It fits my personality the best, it looks most like a choker, and it is definitely much darker, so it goes with the burgundy better.

The dress is in, so I'll be able to play with the jewelry soon, though my first fitting isn't until July! I was told women visit their dresses on a regular basis there, so maybe I'll have to go have a visitation soon! :rotfl:

Thank you for the comb love! I'm quite smitten with it. It'll be placed directly in the back of whatever is going to be in the back... so if I do a little braid, it'll be stuck right in the braid, or if I do a loose updo, it'll be in the middle of it. I think it'll be somewhere low, near my neck, though.

Makes me want to run to the shop now! :lovestruc

jennifaerie
05-23-2008, 01:32 PM
The Invitations

The most important piece of advice I can give is:

Get samples of your invitations before you order them!

I truly had my heart set on this set:
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/twolives.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/twolives2.jpg

I loved them.

I was all set to order them. Perfect price. Perfect wording, perfect picture. They were just... perfect. I had the text ready. But for some reason, I dawdled. I'm glad I did, because in the interim, I actually ordered a sample.

When I received the sample, I was surprised to find that the actual paper was almost as flimsy as printer/copy paper. It wasn't even nice as a greeting card.

Because I had this idea of how it was going to be, I was really disappointed.

I was very close to ordering them anyway, but I decided it would haunt me forever if I did, so I opted not to.

This meant another month of agonizing over what to get. If you go to invitationsbydawn (http://www.invitationsbydawn.com), and then choose Seasonal/Autumn, you will see almost every invitation we considered. There were a few that Rob really liked, but I wasn't one hundred percent sure they were the ones.

We went to Hallmark, and we went through all their invitation books, and it was wonderful to be able to see them in person.

What I was looking for:
- Textured paper
- Something fall-themed
- Some sort of applique (you know me and applique!), so ribbons, sticks, thread, yarn, etc.
- Something burgundy/gold

I did get some of that when we chose our invitations. The set we chose ended up being one we saw at Hallmark, but ordered online to get it about $150 cheaper.

My pictures aren't all that great, so I have the generic set pictures too.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/envelopeback.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/insideenvelopeback.jpg
The suspense is killing you, isn't it?!

;)

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/frontinvitations.jpg
They sent us a bunch of samples so we could see how to assemble everything. This one has been opened multiple times, so the tie is sideways (as you'll see in the generic pictures).

I actually thought for awhile that I should tie it that way, but I cleverly (because I'm so clever... or rather, I like to convince myself that it's clever) decided that it would match the sash on my dress if I tied it the other way.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/genericoutside.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/genericinside.jpg
The inside of our invitation actually has different fonts. We wanted them to be more playful... less scripty, so they match the fonts that are on the front of our invitation.

You can't really see how shimmery the invitations are, so I took a picture of our RSVP cards with the flash.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/rsvpcard.jpg

So I got the texture (sort of). I got the applique (the ribbon), and people will get to unwrap them like presents.

I didn't get the burgundy/gold, but the chocolate/gold and the leaves go perfectly with the theme.

I've always read your invitations are your first impression; they're how you tell the attendees the wedding is going to be like.

These are pretty swanky.

Our affair is not going to be swanky. :rotfl: Boy, are people going to be surprised! :rotfl:

But I did want to make a nice first impression. They're definitely classy. In the invitation, I added our wedding website (http://www.thebeanandme.com). I know our registries are listed, and you're not supposed to give that information in the invitations, but I wanted people to see where we were getting married so they could determine whether or not to dress up. I want that to be a personal choice... even though no one is going to listen to that unconventional poopy! :lmao: But it's true!

We decided to break the theme when we got our thank you cards. Nope, we didn't get matching ones. Rob really loved these invitations, so we got the matching thank yous'.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/lampshade.jpg

Yeah, they're wearing lampshades! It's very appropriate, as Rob and I are party animals. We sit on our couch every night and watch TiVo! Woo woo! :laughing: I honestly don't mind that the lives of the doctors at Seattle Grace are much more exciting than mine!

jennifaerie
05-23-2008, 01:43 PM
The Flowers
I have to say, the flowers are the easiest decision I had to make. I didn't want centerpieces. I didn't need anything to decorate the gazebo area where we're getting married. There are only twelve chairs being provided for those who may need to sit, so there are no aisles.

So all I really needed were bouquets and manflowers. :lmao:

We also knew where we wanted to get our flowers. Rob does a lot of traveling around neighboring towns for his job. He used to (men seem to forget about you after you get engaged! :laughing: ) get me flowers whenever he drove by this stand on the side of the road. The man told Rob that he had a store. It's a small outlet store where you can buy a dozen roses for under ten dollars, and their roses are gorgeous.

There was no question that I wanted he and his wife to do our flowers because they, in a way, brought us together.

We stopped by one night and asked if they did wedding flowers. The man's wife was happy to set this up for us; she really likes small weddings, so my specifications (that makes me sound so militant! :scared1: ) were perfect.

What I want:
- All rose bouquet, mostly burgundy roses with a few yellow-y (tinged with pink/gold) roses interspersed. They would be the gold component. As we discussed more, though, I started to change my mind and asked for anything from yellowy-gold to orange. I really have loved every bouquet I've seen with orange roses.

- For the bridal party girls, smaller bouquets with orangey/yellow roses with a few burgundy interspersed (so the opposite of mine).

- The moms would get corsages with one burgundy and one orangey/yellow-y rose.

- The men (whomever they are) would get an orange-y rose, and Rob would get a burgundy rose.

Very simple.

Something [looking] like this:
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/orangeroses.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/em_redb_1.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/hotchocolateroses.jpg

keenercam
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh, WOW! Your invitations are beautiful and I think the font is terrific! Your ideas for flowers sound lovely. I cant' wait to see pix of your bouquet!

hope1826
05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
For some reason I can only see some of your pictures at work. Noone else's exist here!

The invitations are GORGEOUS!! I'm glad you got a sample.

Nikki

newyearsbride
05-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Your invitations are GORGEOUS! Love them :woohoo:

jennifaerie
05-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh, WOW! Your invitations are beautiful and I think the font is terrific! Your ideas for flowers sound lovely. I cant' wait to see pix of your bouquet!

Thanks, Cam! I wanted to make them as casual and fancy as possible. That way I show all our guests how schizophrenic I am! :rotfl:

The invitations are GORGEOUS!! I'm glad you got a sample.

Nikki

Thank you, Nikki! I was giving up on waiting. It took upwards of three weeks to get samples. I'm a very impatient person. So I'm relieved that I actually waited. I think it was because I was so afraid I'd make the wrong decision. I guess I was right!

Your invitations are GORGEOUS! Love them :woohoo:

Thank you, thank you! :lovestruc If you had told me I was going to have brown and gold invitations, I probably would have laughed. Very not me. But I loved how they shimmered, and I loved the flowers and the ribbon.

I'm not exactly crazy about the ribbon now that I have to tie them all, though! :lmao:

jennifaerie
05-26-2008, 12:18 PM
The Centerpieces

All right, I have to warn you... if you're very traditional, you may want to look away. These are not for the faint of heart.

We always thought about how weddings that we attended have been. We always seem to get stuck in the back corner, and we never know anybody, and if you're not a big dancer, well, weddings can be really boring. Especially if all you have to stare at are some beautiful flowers you probably won't get to take home.

We did considered cookie bouquets from Cookies by Design (which are wonderful, by the way), but it was just too pricey. We wanted to save money, and doing cookie bouquets would cost about as much as it would to do floral centerpieces.

I've gotten a lot of flack for this idea, and maybe that's why I'm slightly nervous posting these pictures. Almost everyone has opted to go for something really beautiful, and some have opted for nothing (go Carrie!). This is what we opted for.

http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/022408_Wedding%20Centerpieces/slides/P2242720.JPG

We got baskets from the Christmas Tree Shoppes, and then we ordered almost everything you see from Oriental Trading.

For ten baskets, the total cost came to about $150!

There's a whole assortment of stuff in there, and there will be wedding coloring place mats that go under the baskets for people to color with. We really wanted to go with the paper tablecloths so people could color them, but Rob was afraid of how nasty they may end up by the end of the day, so we thought the place mats would be a nice compromise.

http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/022408_Wedding%20Centerpieces/slides/P2242721.JPG

Every basket is slightly different, as you can see. Different dinosaurs, different activity books, different colors of Play-Doh (got a bag of 72 little containers after Valentine's day for $4!), different games.

http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/022408_Wedding%20Centerpieces/slides/P2242722.JPG

http://www.lunatunahead.com/2008/022408_Wedding%20Centerpieces/slides/P2242724.JPG

As you can see, we tied it all together (no pun intended) with the fall leaf garlands.

Now we're hoping that if you don't like to dance, you'll still have lots of fun at your tables.

pink_tink8i8
05-26-2008, 03:40 PM
those are the coolest CP I have ever seen! genius of you to keep non dancing guests occupied :thumbsup2

jennifaerie
05-26-2008, 08:34 PM
those are the coolest CP I have ever seen! genius of you to keep non dancing guests occupied :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I actually had to read your comment three times (and blink a few times) to believe what I read! :rotfl:

jennifaerie
05-26-2008, 08:36 PM
This is mostly for AeriellDawn, but here's what our envelopes look like.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/address.jpg

AeriellDawn
05-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Holy cow! And you think they look sloppy? I think those just look terribly playful and fun! Like you *know* something awesome is going to be inside when you open it up!:hyper:

BTW, I think the centerpieces are brilliant. Maybe they'll encourage guests to draw some really great stuff for you to hold on to! (If you have artistic types, y'know?) I'm not a big dancer and believe me- at some of the weddings I've been to this would have been a god-sent. Example: Wedding Party Karaoke Hour.

Forget the flack you're taking and tell 'em to lighten up a little!

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 08:12 AM
I wasn't sure. I guess I was thinking about Martha Stewart (insert cough here) perfect or calligraphy, and this definitely wasn't it.

But the stamps worked. I think if I absolutely hated them, I would have ditched them and started over again. As it is, now I don't like my inner envelopes, because with those, I just wrote names with a calligraphy pen, and *those* look sloppy. But I decided that was what made our wedding informal! :rotfl:

And thanks about the centerpieces! I take that as high praise from an arteest (that's the fancy spelling! ;) ).

Recently, I added Mad Libs to the baskets too. :) They were themed ones. Prime Time, Survivor, and American Idol. There are quite a few American Idol fans invited, so I'm sure they'll like those.

I did realize after Rob and I put them together that they're not rounded, so there's a back to them (meaning someone's going to see the back), but I think they still serve their purpose. Fun!

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 08:55 AM
My matron of honor ordered her dress this weekend. I'm letting my bridal party choose their own dresses. In some respects, it seems like it caused more issues than successes. I think women are very sensitive to weddings, and married women are even more sensitive. So she was worried she'd pick the wrong thing.

Honestly, I wanted them to feel comfortable. None of us is the dress-up type. And since she was going to be away from home, all I really cared was that she felt comfortable, felt attractive, and was happy.

But she ultimately did pick a dress. From all accounts, she loves it, so I'm happy.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/jasmine.jpg

It's in this color-- Berry.

I originally was smitten with the idea of being the opposite of my dress, so burgundy with a gold sash. But when we went to the Jasmine website and tried it, it just looked really bizarre.

I told her if we really wanted to put gold/cream on her dress, we can order a flower or two from that awesome site you recommended and put it somewhere on her dress.

My bridesmaid just had a baby, so she's not exactly thrilled about getting a dress just yet. She'll be looking soon.

keenercam
05-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Wayyy cool stuff in the CPs! Your guests will have more fun at the tables than on the dance floor! :cool1: Your bridesmaid's gown is absolutely gorgeous. That color is so perfect! And I LOVE the printing on your envelopes. How clever! :love:

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Aww, thank you, Cam!

Do you think it will be obvious they should go right ahead and play? Or should I put a note somewhere in the basket, telling them to dive in? We've been going back and forth on it, and we're not sure.

I can't wait to see the dress when it comes in! Heck, I still can't wait to see mine! :lovestruc

keenercam
05-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I definitely think you could write up something fun to stick out the basket (maybe even the same message on 2 small cards glued back to back with a stick or something to put it in the basket, telling your guests how much fun you hope they'll have. :goodvibes Your wedding/reception sound like so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! I LOVE that you are thinking so "out of the box". Your guests will be talking about your wedding for years! :lovestruc

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I think you're right. It'd also give us a chance to write a note to everyone. We're not sure what we're going to put on our programs yet, but this would be a good opportunity to say what we want if we run out of space!

Now I'll just have to be patient and let what to say fall in my lap! :hyper:

And thank you so much! :lovestruc You made me all blush-y! I hope to god they'll be saying good things for years! Not... "Those WEIRDOS!" :eek: Though it wouldn't be the first time! :rotfl:

Lynn5700
05-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Your invitations are very very nice!!!!!!! You know I love the flowers!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

AeriellDawn
05-27-2008, 11:55 AM
The MOH dress is awesome- very elegant!

What about a Dr. Seuss-like poem in the baskets inviting your guests to play, take a reminder home, and leave their mark behind? I think it would be more fun than just a "Have at it!" tag! :rotfl2:

Your could maybe cut out a leaf shape out of card stock and write it in gold pen?

Just some ideas! (now if only I could have some for my *own* darn wedding/reception! :headache: )

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Your invitations are very very nice!!!!!!! You know I love the flowers!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

I got all excited when I saw your bouquet! I said, There's a girl who knows what I like!

The MOH dress is awesome- very elegant!

What about a Dr. Seuss-like poem in the baskets inviting your guests to play, take a reminder home, and leave their mark behind? I think it would be more fun than just a "Have at it!" tag! :rotfl2:

Your could maybe cut out a leaf shape out of card stock and write it in gold pen?

Just some ideas! (now if only I could have some for my *own* darn wedding/reception! :headache: )

Hey, maybe offering suggestions will spark ideas for you. You've got plenty of time. Maybe you're used to being under stress, so you're not feeling the stress yet! Plus, you've already come up with some great ideas. :)

I think the poem idea is great. If I did it leaf-shaped, then Rob's doing the cutting! I was not meant to be crafty when it requires straight or dotted lines! :lmao: We were eyeing the leaf invitations at Invitations by Dawn for so many different ideas (invitations, programs, etc.). Maybe I could get them blank and put notes on them. A lot of money for paper. I'll have to make another trip to Michael's!!

ElleBren
05-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Its so funny, our events, (your wedding my VR) are the same weekend and the invitation you chose is one of the two I am in between right now. Actually my DH loves the one you have-sans the leaves add a monogram, and I love another one. I was reading your pj and was like hey the invite DH likes!

I really need to chose mine soon. I am waiting til I go to FL to visit my mom to see which one she likes. Its so hard for me to chose because I like that one but the one I really like is cheaper so that I could pay for the invites and the stamps and still not pay as much for the one DH wants.

However I think yours look really great and go with your theme so well. Its hard for me because I don't have a theme. Mine is more "hey this looks nice I think people won't cringe when they see it". Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about your planning.

Lana

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Its so funny, our events, (your wedding my VR) are the same weekend and the invitation you chose is one of the two I am in between right now. Actually my DH loves the one you have-sans the leaves add a monogram, and I love another one. I was reading your pj and was like hey the invite DH likes!

I really need to chose mine soon. I am waiting til I go to FL to visit my mom to see which one she likes. Its so hard for me to chose because I like that one but the one I really like is cheaper so that I could pay for the invites and the stamps and still not pay as much for the one DH wants.

However I think yours look really great and go with your theme so well. Its hard for me because I don't have a theme. Mine is more "hey this looks nice I think people won't cringe when they see it". Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about your planning.

Lana

I've noticed on this board that people have wedding twins-- I consider you, mine! :lmao: We have so many similarities (pick-ups! Mary Janes! Fall! Our dates!)

We looked at the one with the monogram too! Invitations by Dawn had that one, so it would have been much cheaper than Invitation Consultants (http://www.invitationconsultants.com), but we really loved the leaves, so we decided to get that one. We also liked the birds... I just say "the birds" like everyone will know it because it seems to be a very popular invitation to love (but not get).

If it makes you feel any better, I'm worried about cringing too! That's why we picked those in the first place. I thought, No one can cringe at these! :hug:

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 08:36 PM
First, our wedding rings came in! :dance3:

Rob and I were so ginger with the them. He was shaking as I put it on his finger to make sure it fit. It was really sweet.

I can't want to show them, because I really want to sing ringsforever (http://www.ringsforever.com)'s praises! Extremely accommodating and friendly!

We also got our first wedding gifts today! :love: :love: I knew they were coming, and I was still shocked someone would buy a present for us. For getting married. :lmao: It's amazing. Very exciting stuff.

We also, thanks to the help of several members on here, ordered stamps from zazzle. Nikki, I was with you... but Rob really liked the idea of our own stamps, and I've learned that whenever he actually has an opinion about something, I need to jump at it.

The funny thing is, we had to pay $16.99 for shipping, or we might as well wait until June 10th! But I think people will like them. We used three pictures. One for the .59ers, and then two different images for the .42s. We can use them as needed for thank yous and RSVPs. I'll post pictures of those at some point soon. I'd show you the regular pictures, but I much prefer them small.

Yay! I also received cruddy mail from my insurance company denying a treatment they already approved, which is frustrating. Spent some time on the phone about that, so hopefully everything will be all set. Nothing like a migraine treatment giving you a migraine! :headache:

Yay! Rings! Yay!

AeriellDawn
05-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Aww! That's so sweet! He must be terribly excited too! I can't wait to see pictures- and of the stamps too!

Boo to icky insurance companies. They get one of these! :mad:

And presents are awesome- may you not get 50 toasters or something! :wizard:

IndyBride
05-27-2008, 09:30 PM
How exciting that you got your rings in! We already have the ones we want picked out just haven't ordered them yet.

lurkyloo
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Your centerpieces RULE! :thumbsup2 I am totally stealing that idea next time someone asks for cheap centerpiece suggestions!

This is mostly for AeriellDawn, but here's what our envelopes look like.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/address.jpg

Does this mean Mr. Lurkyloo and I should expect an invite to your wedding? :rotfl:

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Aww! That's so sweet! He must be terribly excited too! I can't wait to see pictures- and of the stamps too!

And presents are awesome- may you not get 50 toasters or something! :wizard:

When we first got engaged, he was definitely more excited than I was. You expect a guy to be quiet about it, but he was telling everyone. He couldn't wait to call his family. I was really surprised. He has his moments! ;) I'll post pictures today.

How exciting that you got your rings in! We already have the ones we want picked out just haven't ordered them yet.
We tried to put it off as long as we could because my ring size changed so much over the past year, but I had read four months, so we just hit four months. Whenever we make a decision, I feel less stressed, so it worked!

Your centerpieces RULE! :thumbsup2 I am totally stealing that idea next time someone asks for cheap centerpiece suggestions!

Does this mean Mr. Lurkyloo and I should expect an invite to your wedding? :rotfl:

I totally take that as a compliment!

You know how they say that you should send an invite even if you know someone can't come? We draw the line at people who are going to be at WDW before us!! :rotfl:

29apr00
05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
:rotfl2: I just read your PJ from pg 5 back to pg 1. Don't know why, i just did. Everything looks really great! I was very excited to finally see the CP's as everyone was raving on about them! :thumbsup2 I agree, VERY Cool idea. My DH would be going nuts, as he HATES to go to weddings because 1) he's not a dancer and 2) he hates to socalize with people. So he'd be having a great time at your wedding!

Love your invitations and the font on your envelopes! It looks great!! And i love the fall theme and colors you have! Everything is so beautiful!

Now, i want to see this wedding cake with a hiking trail on it!!

Jennifer

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 10:15 AM
The Toss Bouquet and Just Another Random Bouquet
I forgot to mention that I bought a couple more bouquets for the wedding.

I bought a toss bouquet from The Brides Bouquet (http://thebridesbouquet.com) because I didn't want to part from mine.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/tossbouquet.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/tossbouquet2.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/tossbouquet3.jpg

Obviously, I went with the burgundy/gold theme.

I also am a huge fan of Anne of Green Gables, and since I didn't exactly fulfill my dream of flowers on my dress, I decided I had to have this bouquet because it reminded me of a dress she wore (in Anne of Avonlea). I purchased this from bridalpeople.com (http://www.bridalpeople.com/wedding-bouquets/20109.asp).

This bouquet will lie on our sweetheart table. I figured while I liked the multi-color option they had, I got the spring selection because it had more fall colors.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/ranunculus.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/ranunculus2.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Flowers/ranunculus3.jpg

It's funny... most of the buds are open in my bouquet, or rather, there are larger ranunculus in there. I actually like the marketed picture because there are smaller flowers. I'm working on flattening in to close the flowers. :laughing:

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
:rotfl2: I just read your PJ from pg 5 back to pg 1. Don't know why, i just did. Everything looks really great! I was very excited to finally see the CP's as everyone was raving on about them! :thumbsup2 I agree, VERY Cool idea. My DH would be going nuts, as he HATES to go to weddings because 1) he's not a dancer and 2) he hates to socalize with people. So he'd be having a great time at your wedding!

Love your invitations and the font on your envelopes! It looks great!! And i love the fall theme and colors you have! Everything is so beautiful!

Now, i want to see this wedding cake with a hiking trail on it!!

Jennifer
Hey Jennifer! Sometimes it seems easier to read backwards; more pictures toward the end! :laughing:

I'm the most antisocial person on the planet (no one believes me). And Rob isn't a big dancer (me neither... I'm sort of dance-challenged!). We dance in the privacy of our own home, but not out. We wanted everyone to have fun. It's just funny the responses I've gotten.

"Are you having a lot of kids at your wedding?"

"Um, no, not really."

"Oh. Are you a teacher?"

"No."

"Oh."

"We just want our guests to have lots of fun."

"Oh, they'll have fun! Even if you do have flowers!"

"I've been to a lot of weddings where people are bored."

"No one gets bored at weddings! Maybe you could have a *few* flowers."

There's also someone who works at the hospital that we work out, and she does flowers on the side. She got very upset with us when she found out what we were doing. Her response was, "That's so... simple."

Rob and I both said at the same time, "And cheap!"

She didn't speak to us for over a month, and she's a cashier in the cafeteria! You kinda have to talk to pay! :lmao: Now, whenever she sees us, she asks us when the wedding is.

Our response is always the same. "Not soon enough! We're ready for that honeymoon!"

Thank you for all your sweet words! I'll post some similar cakes... actually, I'll post all the pictures of cakes we were looking at, because if anyone's like me, they [I]love looking at cake pictures. I seriously find that to be the most exciting, fun part of wedding planning! :yay:

29apr00
05-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Thank you for all your sweet words! I'll post some similar cakes... actually, I'll post all the pictures of cakes we were looking at, because if anyone's like me, they love looking at cake pictures. I seriously find that to be the most exciting, fun part of wedding planning! :yay:

YES! Cakes are the most fun, after the dress of course!!

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 10:55 AM
THE Rings

I feel like I'm skipping to the end by showing these, but since they came in, I'm excited to share. :)

Since we're doing the fall thing, and Rob's into camping and nature (I'm into the nature part, but my idea of roughing it is a Motel 6! :rotfl2: ), we really wanted to have rings that were "leafy". I searched everywhere. We also thought going "green" would be nice too. I found this website called greenKarat (http://www.greenkarat.com/) that uses all recycled metals. We liked a lot of designs, but they were all in the thousands, and we were more than willing to skimp on the cost of our rings. :lmao: We did find a pine comb ring we liked, but I'm not a big fan of pine trees. We were trying to stick with maple and oak.

We ultimately went through a company in Arizona called Exotica (http://www.ringsforever.com). Chris and Sandy are a husband and wife team that make their own titanium rings. They will pretty much engrave whatever you want in the rings. You just send them a picture, and they'll do it for you. They even will make rings in different colors.

The style we got is called Oakhaven. This was perfect for what we were looking for.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Rings/oakhaven.jpg

Here they are at home!
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Rings/therings.jpg

Some close-ups:
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Rings/rings.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Rings/rings2.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Rings/ringsclose.jpg

I mentioned to Sandy that we wanted cats on our rings to begin with, but thought the leaves would be more appropriate, and Chris offered to put a cat inside the ring. So we picked a silhouetted picture of a cat, and he put it inside. It's adorable!

The inscriptions are free. But I was sworn to secrecy on ours. :blush: But I may give in with some prodding. :laughing: That way if I run into Ellebren or lurkyloo on our honeymoon, they can laugh at Rob and make me look like a very precious girl to have (it'll be too late-- he'll have already signed the marriage certificate! :rotfl: ).

Like I said, it was great trying them on (though we were so afraid of smudging them... we wanted them to look as sent to us, but of course, smudges had to happen), watching Rob all nervous. He thought it might be a faux pas to try them on before the wedding, but we at least needed to make sure they fit.

We love them. :)

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 10:57 AM
YES! Cakes are the most fun, after the dress of course!!

It's true, but I found the dress to be really stressful. Looking at pictures is fun, but when you try them on, and you keep thinking, Yeah, this looks nice, this looks nice, that looks nice, boy, this is really great... It was painful! I liked every dress I tried on sans maybe one or two. It was really tough trying to pick "the one".

keenercam
05-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh, Jennifer! Your rings are perfect!!! :love: How exciting! Rob sounds so darling about trying it on. :)

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much, Cam! He was very cute. :flower3:

Tabetha
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Your rings are beautiful! I love them!

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Thank you so much, Tabetha!

AeriellDawn
05-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Ohh Jen! Those rings are perfect!!!! Really something unique and elegant- they're gorgeous! ::yes::

And I want to see the cake design too! I'm always looking for neat designs and techniques to steal -er! Inspire! I mean inspire me for the ones that *I* make. I wish I had brides as adventurous as you are to do a hiking trail cake!

I'm bored of white and flowers :lmao:

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh, Aeriell, I can always count on you to make me all red! :blush: :flower3:

I assure you, I had very high standards for my cake (and yet, very vague parameters). I went to some of the best before I made my decision. I watched way too many Food Network Challenges to not want something extraordinary.

I'm actually kinda bummed that I'll probably get to look at it for five minutes (anyone who asks has been told to take MANY pictures of the cakes). The cake is costing more than my dress, but I don't care. I want this thing to kick butt.

AeriellDawn
05-28-2008, 08:30 PM

I assure you, I had very high standards for my cake (and yet, very vague parameters). I went to some of the best before I made my decision. I watched way too many Food Network Challenges to not want something extraordinary.

I'm actually kinda bummed that I'll probably get to look at it for five minutes (anyone who asks has been told to take MANY pictures of the cakes). The cake is costing more than my dress, but I don't care. I want this thing to kick butt.

You're so sweet Jen! :hug: And now why, why, WHY can't my brides be more like you! :sad:

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Because if there were more of me (that'd be scary!!) or people like me, then you'd start to want to do white cakes and flowers!

:) :hug:

AeriellDawn
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Ever since I did the giant 3-D fish cake, I've been hooked on stuff like that!

Besides- it would mean I get to practice my airbrushing skills! :rotfl2:

DisneyBrideToni
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow those are the coolest wedding bands ever!!!!!! Perfect! I love the bouquets too!! Pretty colors!

jennifaerie
05-29-2008, 08:15 AM
:lovestruc Thanks, Toni!

(Aeriell, if you ship... ;) )

29apr00
05-29-2008, 08:55 AM

Yeah, you know FNC is great for stuff like that, but they get us all excited for new and great stuff, until we see the price tag!! ;)

Ever since I did the giant 3-D fish cake, I've been hooked on stuff like that!

Ok, I have to see pics of this 3D fish cake!! I'm making a fishing themed cake for Dh's birthday this weekend, and i know it's not going to be great or anything, but i love to look!

Kristi1357
05-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I just had to pop over here after I saw you posting on Cam's thread since we're neighbors! :wave2: I live off Exit 4.

I love all your plans! The dress, rings, the centerpieces are AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup2 I might just have to crash this shindig! (only kidding)

I like to do things a bit different too. We did have a WDW wedding. But I knew centerpieces were going to cost crazy amounts of money, that flowers die, and that no one could even bring them home from FL. So, we had minimal flowers - I am allergic anyway. So instead we had Disney mugs in gold boxes (these were the guests' favors). We had them stacked pyramid-style in the center of the table with some rose petals scattered over them. It looked alot better than I would have imagined! Then at the end of the reception, they guests each took one of the boxes with a Disney mug.

I tend to get bored at weddings as well since I am also not a dancer. I would love to be at a wedding with a fun basket like that!

jennifaerie
05-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I just had to pop over here after I saw you posting on Cam's thread since we're neighbors! :wave2: I live off Exit 4.

I love all your plans! The dress, rings, the centerpieces are AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup2 I might just have to crash this shindig! (only kidding)

I like to do things a bit different too. We did have a WDW wedding. But I knew centerpieces were going to cost crazy amounts of money, that flowers die, and that no one could even bring them home from FL. So, we had minimal flowers - I am allergic anyway. So instead we had Disney mugs in gold boxes (these were the guests' favors). We had them stacked pyramid-style in the center of the table with some rose petals scattered over them. It looked alot better than I would have imagined! Then at the end of the reception, they guests each took one of the boxes with a Disney mug.

I tend to get bored at weddings as well since I am also not a dancer. I would love to be at a wedding with a fun basket like that!

No way! I'm at exit 6 (we live right behind Mine Falls... we've got the river in our backyard)! I used to live at Royal Crest until we bought our house last August.

If you know where Alpine Grove is, you can crash. :rotfl: Actually, I think everyone in New Hampshire knows where it is, because whenever I tell someone I'm getting married there it's either:

1. I got married there!
2. I had my reception there!
3. I went to a wedding/reception there!
4. I looked at that place for my wedding!

My bridesmaid had her reception there. My hairdresser/stylist got married there. The list goes on and on (seriously!).

Your mug idea was (and is) fantastic! I, briefly, considered doing that, but our favors aren't going to be sturdy (or square) enough to stack or pile, since I opted for bags instead of boxes. I think that's great, though, because it slashes out that major expense.

We're supposedly going to have eleven tables and I only have ten baskets. :lmao: We're not sure if the eleventh table is our sweetheart one (which would be great), or if it's going to be another table. But we're coming up with ideas for the eleventh (we have leftovers, but we're not sure we want to do another basket).

It's so great to meet a local! :) :goodvibes :)

lurkyloo
05-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Where is cake? :confused: Me want to see cake! :hyper:

jennifaerie
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
No cake for lurkyloo!

Forthcoming. Of course, it won't be my cake, but I'll show you some similar pictures from the same pastry chef.

ElleBren
05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
However you do know you have to bring down two slices of your cake on your honeymoon so Lurkyloo & I can both taste it since we will both be down there. I don't think it will be that much of a hassle! JK. I will share a piece of my cake too if that helps.

My wedding twin has so much more planned and done compared to me, I feel like such a slacker. Love the CP, by the way.

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 09:15 AM
You're not a slacker! You'll get it all done. I'm just one of those people who freaks out about everything until it's done, so I did everything *REALLY* early.

There's no peanut butter in my cake, so lurkyloo may not like it. You can have her piece. ;)

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 10:30 AM
It seems our poor rings got ousted by the desire to see cake. Sorry, fall rings!

The Cake

The wedding cake is probably one of the only two things I had very specific (and very vague!) ideas about. For me, it was all about my dress and the cake. I didn't really care about anything else.

I was always sure I wanted Richard Tan, a pastry chef who works at the hospital, to make my wedding cake. I don't like (from scratch) cake. At all. I think it's bland and dry and... gross. Give me Betty Crocker anyday. But Richard's cake is amazing. Out of this world. I could live (quite largely, I'd assume) on his buttercream alone.

I also wanted Colette Peters (http://www.colettescakes.com/) to be involved too. I had seen her cake books and her work on the Food Network.

Then I grew to love Mike McCarey's (of Mike's Amazing Cakes (http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/)) work. I love how he took inanimate objects and turned them into cakes.

Shortly after we became engaged, I contacted Mike's Amazing Cakes. My hope was that they'd do what they do on a couple episodes of Food Network Challenge. You tell them about yourselves, and they come up with a cake.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't have that. It's not that they weren't willing to work with me, but... they weren't willing to work with me! :rotfl2: I was asked to send pictures of cakes I liked. I did. Then I was told they'd make the cake (alissa's pinkcakebox Corpse Bride cake was the one they offered to make) with the colors we wanted and maybe put a cat on it for upwards of $1200 (and that didn't include delivery).

The fact was, I was almost willing to pay that. But not for someone else's cake. We wanted *our* cake.

So that bombed.

Then I went to Richard (hospital pastry chef) and found out the hospital won't allow him to make wedding cakes because they're too complex. He was more than willing to do a shower cake, but would more than likely get in trouble if he attempted anything more extravagant.

He recommended I go to Jacques Pastries (http://www.jacquespastries.com/). He actually worked there for many years, and he said they worked very similarly. We had been to a bridal expo where they were sampling their cake, and I tried it, and I had to agree that it tasted just like his. I also loved the cake models they had, and I had said to Rob if Mike's didn't pan out, we should look into them.

So I made an appointment.

Two weeks later... (it felt like forever!)

We met with one of the managers (Tammy) of the store, and she was amazing (and had lots of nice things to say about Richard). Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I said to her, I really want three cakes:

1. Whimsical/mad hatter
2. A concept piece (like hikers on a mountain)
3. A big inanimate object cake

I also told her I loved fondant cakes... how smooth they were. :)

She didn't even have us look at the portfolio/book on the table. She really *got* us. I had shown her several designs we really liked, and we didn't even need to finish. She asked us what we were like. We said our world was our cats (all five!), and that we really liked walking (hiking without the hills and mountains!) trails. We loved nature. We were having a fall wedding and thought it'd be neat to have an outdoorsy type cake that didn't seem like a cake at all. Almost all of our cake pictures had dragonflies, frogs, and other critters on them. She asked for pictures of the Bengals, and of course, I had them. She actually asked me to send more in email because the more pictures we sent, the better the detail (whee!).

She said, I have an idea, let me scope and sketch it out, and you can taste the cakes while I do it.

Sketches! I wanted sketches! Yay! (I tried to scan what she gave us last night, but the printer wasn't working. I'll try again.)

The cake was great, though I have a lot of trouble trying to imagine the flavors together. They give you a piece of chocolate cake and a piece of vanilla cake, and then, like Disney, you get cups of buttercreams and preserves. If you don't know how much they put in the cake, it's hard to tell if what you're trying is going to pan out the way you think it will. I may very well have missed out on a fantastic flavor combination because I wasn't tasting it the way I should have.

Rob and I were stuck on the flavors we tasted at the bridal expo. He really loved this caramel apple spice cake (I liked it, but it didn't scream "wedding"), and I loved the almond/amaretto (tastes like cherries to me!), so it was tough looking past those.

But we did come up with our flavors (no peanut butter, Carrie!).

Three tiers, from bottom to top:
Almond cake/amaretto buttercream/chocolate fudge truffle (Did I forget to mention I'm allergic to chocolate?)
Spice cake/cherry buttercream (sounds weird, but it was very, very good)
White/vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream/strawberry preserves

It seems funny we didn't want any bland flavors, and we made our tier the bland-ish one. But we really liked the combination. It was like strawberry shortcake.

I just hope I get to taste each tier!

Tammy came back, and when I saw her sketch, I almost cried. She managed to take all three cakes I wanted and put them into one cake.

So the cake will be three tiers (obviously), but the tiers will be oddly shaped to match the earth. The top tier will be off center, because the second tier will have a pond with a frog! There will be trees... birch, oak, maple. With a path forging up the cake. There will be a rock mid cake with our initials and heart carved in the middle. Neechee will be sprawled out on top of the rock (made of sugar paste). Emily will be sitting on the top tier doing something adorable, I imagine.

The only bummer for me was that they could do it all in buttercream! I was like, NO! I want fondant! (I didn't say that, because she was right-- it would look better with buttercream, and buttercream is delicious). I had an idea anyway to compensate for it.

The best part was, the quoted price was a fraction of the cost [of Mike's]! I was so happy!

I should have spattered the pictures at the beginning, but I knew if I did that, you wouldn't read my whole post! :rotfl: So here are the pictures I showed Tammy when we met with her. They're from all sorts of places, including Jacques' own cakes.

We are big Halloween fans, so I had to toss this one in.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/2007%20wedding%20cakes11web.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/clip_image002.jpg

We love Pink Cake Box!
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/554661294_b78d2559aa.jpg

A LOT.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/1932887245_dcb496c16f.jpg

We saw this cake at the bridal expo. It's from Jacques'. We thought it was really cool.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/argyle.jpg

Another Jacques'. Rob really liked this one. I thought it was adorable.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/castle.jpg

Jacques does it again. I thought Rob would love this one because he's big into trucks. But he said we could leave the trucks at home. :D
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/chocolate%20grooms.jpg

We loved the critters on this one.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/bog.jpg

I liked this one for the fall theming, and the fondant. :)
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/fall.jpg

Flowers were our focus on this one.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/fantasycake.jpg

Cats.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/image004.jpg

This one is a Colette Peter's creation. We liked how it took the couple's interests and put them all in one cake.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/Lisa_Brainerd.jpg

Another Colette. Rob really liked the take on Monet.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/monet.jpg

Another "painting" cake.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/starrynight.jpg

We loved this cake, but we didn't want to see any white.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/picketfences.jpg

We liked the stars popping out of the top.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/stars.jpg

We loved this one for the animals, the trees, and the painting on the cake. Big kitty!
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/zoonew.jpg

This one gave us the idea of having a tree stump for a cake. We really, really, really loved it.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/birch%20tree.jpg

If we had to have a quasi-traditional cake, this would have been it.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/paisley.jpg

So here is what our cake will be similar to. It's not going to be the same (we're definitely not going to be on it), but it's buttercream, and it has trees.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/mountain1.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/mountainbike.jpg

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Ooh! That was the 88th post! 88's my favorite number, and I was talking all about cake!

And the picture we provided of the Bengals (Neechee's on the left, Emily's on the right).
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/angels.jpg

29apr00
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
WOW Look at all those cakes!! Some really great designs! I can't wait to see what your final product will look like!

I love Collette Peter's work! I almost had the chance to go see her,and Nicholas Lodge, at the Wilton Institute for a Master's Session. If I could come up with about $4000 i could have done it. :lmao:

I love your flavor choices! (except for the strawberry preserves. blah!) I so want to taste the chocolate and amaretto one!! Oh and the cherry buttercream! that sounds interesting too.

The cake i'm making for dh this weekend is Banana, with banana cream filling. I hate banana! Blah again!

keenercam
05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh, my GOODNESS!!! :faint: Those aren't cakes! They are works of art!!! :worship: Cannot wait to see sketches of yours! Oh, and your babies are so absolutely adorable! :lovestruc

shezfrombermuda
05-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow! What creative cakes! I can't get over how real the birch bark looks on one cake and the rocks on the other. Can't wait to see what your cake will look like!

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 11:58 AM
WOW Look at all those cakes!! Some really great designs! I can't wait to see what your final product will look like!

I love Collette Peter's work! I almost had the chance to go see her,and Nicholas Lodge, at the Wilton Institute for a Master's Session. If I could come up with about $4000 i could have done it. :lmao:

I love your flavor choices! (except for the strawberry preserves. blah!) I so want to taste the chocolate and amaretto one!! Oh and the cherry buttercream! that sounds interesting too.

The cake i'm making for dh this weekend is Banana, with banana cream filling. I hate banana! Blah again!

Banana sounds awesome! We really wanted orange/blueberry, but they only had orange preserves. Orange cake sounds so good. But that's okay, we like what they had. The amaretto is awesome. :D The cherry buttercream was more bing cherry-tasting than maraschino, but it's still good. It goes great with the spice.

Oh, my GOODNESS!!! :faint: Those aren't cakes! They are works of art!!! :worship: Cannot wait to see sketches of yours! Oh, and your babies are so absolutely adorable! :lovestruc

I know what you mean. I could look at cakes all day! There should be a cake museum!

:lovestruc Cat love will get you everywhere! :lovestruc :rotfl:

Wow! What creative cakes! I can't get over how real the birch bark looks on one cake and the rocks on the other. Can't wait to see what your cake will look like!

I know... we were really torn. We told Tammy we really wanted the birch cake, but were so anti-white. So we'll get our birch trees on the other cake instead. But I love how it looks so... natural!

lurkyloo
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
GACK! :crazy2:

I can't believe you are ruining perfectly good cake with FRUIT! Good thing I will be miles away from this atrocity, curled in the fetal position and clutching a tub of peanut butter.... :rotfl:

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure the Peanut Butter Police on hot on my tail!

ElleBren
05-30-2008, 12:24 PM
WOW all of those cakes are amazing. I love the starry night one. If my DH would let me I'd have that one. However he wants "classic". Also I forgot your cake was three tiers, I need to taste all three flavor combos. I'm thinking of doing the different flavor/different tier too, but not sure. Do you think people will eat more than one piece so they can try each one? I might have to order extra cake then.

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I don't know if everyone will even know there are multiple flavors. But the cake is going to be for 100 people, and then there's going to be a groom's cake, so there will be more than enough if people actually wanted seconds.

Groom's cake, you say? What groom's cake? :rolleyes1

lurkyloo
05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
THIS groom's cake?!! :hyper:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/1098601097_db7fa2b16f_o.jpg

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 01:57 PM
:rotfl2: No, pumpkin, not that one. Though I think you should try to somehow slip that picture into every thread you post in. Oh wait... :lmao:

lurkyloo
05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I do NOT!!!!! :mad:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/1098601097_db7fa2b16f_o.jpg

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Do TOO!

Oh wait!

Hmm... Well, my cake is exactly like this. Except the octopus is a cat driving a truck.

29apr00
05-30-2008, 02:13 PM
:lmao: I love that cake! I subscribe to the Pink cake box blog and i just love her cakes!! She's great!

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 02:19 PM
We Jennifers think alike! I do too. I just love Anne's work. It really warms me up seeing all her work every day.

My Matron of Honor lives about an hour from her, and she offered to bring a cake up, but I didn't want her to have that added stress.

But as it turned out, Jacques was very open to the groom's cake idea I had... they wanted to just take a picture and make it edible and put it on a sheet cake, and I was like NO! FOOD NETWORK CHALLENGE!! :scared1:

So when they went over my options, I really couldn't pass up having the truck *be* the cake, instead of having the truck be on top of the cake. When I was talking to someone there, she said, You know, this is going to be a lot more expensive because we're moving into exhibition type work, and all I could think was, BRING IT ON! :laughing: That's exactly what I wanted.

To make up for the lack of fondant on the other cake, this cake will be a truck, with Neechee driving (Rob had once said he wanted that as a cake... I also requested the caramel apple spice cake since he liked it so much), and in the back of the truck will be a little fondant wedding cake. It'll be like Neechee's driving the cake to the reception.

Or my tummy!

IndyBride
05-30-2008, 02:25 PM
All that cake talk makes me want cake!!!! Is noon too early to eat cake? If only I had cake here. :( Everything sounds so fabulous! I can't wait to see how your cake turns out.

keenercam
05-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh, MAN!! That groom's cake sounds absolutely adorable!! Howard very quietly hinted that he wants a grooms cake and even suggested that he wants it for the rehearsal dinner (which is immediately preceding the dessert party!!! :eek: ). Now that I've seen and heard so many cute ideas for grooms cakes, I am starting to think it sounds like a great idea!! :lmao:

lurkyloo
05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
It'll be like Neechee's driving the cake to the reception.

Or my tummy!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Cannot WAIT to see pix....

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 07:36 PM
You bet your bum there will be zillions.

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 10:11 PM
After four hours, the invitations are now ready to be mailed!

The Zazzle stamps came in today, so I went to town and stuffed and stamped all the envelopes.

Phew! Am I tired!

I'll be posting pictures of the stamps sometime this weekend.

AeriellDawn
05-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Those cakes were A-MA-ZING! And the cakes from Jaques look amazing- I think they were a very good choice! The argyle cake is neat :thumbsup2 And the birch cake is *awesome!* I do pretty good work, but awesome stuff like that is something I will always aspire to. I can't believe that Mike's gave you the ol' hidey-ho! Go you for supporting local business! ::yes::

I can't wait to see the sketches of your cakes! The groom's cake sounds hilarious and the flavors sound super-nummy! My FH is siding with Carrie, though- it *must* be peanut butter and chocolate if he's going to be eating it!

Your babies are so cute! Some of the most adorable kitties I've ever seen! Cute overload! :faint:

I'm so glad that you got all those invites out and can't wait to see those stamps! (I still think it would have been a better idea to send out ponies. But then, I like ponies.)

jennifaerie
05-31-2008, 05:13 PM
But if you liked ponies, would you want to give them all away?

I think I'll have to take a picture of the sketch, because my printer is being very not nice to me. But I'll get it up. With those stamps I've been promising.

I dropped off the invitations at the post office today. Everyone had to stop and look at my stamps. And laugh. Yeah, the cheese factor is very much there. The people at the post office know me since I'm always mailing things, so they got a kick out of them.

It's so weird to know they're mailed. It turned out to be such a huge project. I'm sitting here thinking, What am I supposed to do with myself now? :lmao:

Seriously, flattery about Neechee and Emily will get you everywhere. They're our pride and joy.

jennifaerie
06-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Here are the Zazzle stamps we ordered.

These are the outer envelope stamps. I don't like them... I think I look a wee bit too masculine without my glasses. So be sure to look at Neechee and Rob more than me.

I chose this one because it shows the mural we have in our spare bedroom, which is a fall scene, and Rob really liked the picture.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/59.jpg

I much prefer these, which turned out to be our RSVP stamps. I look much better in glasses. Sorry it's blurry. You can still look at Neechee, though. :)
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/us.jpg

I also made these, which I used on some RSVPs, but they'll also be used for Thank you's. He's insanely photogenic, isn't he?
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Invitations/neechee.jpg

jennifaerie
06-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I took pictures of the sketch so that you could see what they're planning for the cake.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/thecake.jpg

A (sort of) close-up of the cake:
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/closeupcake.jpg

Close-up of the notes.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Cakes/cakenotes.jpg

AeriellDawn
06-01-2008, 11:49 AM
:rotfl2: I love the stamps! Okay, totally worth the price- and yes, The Neech *is* terribly photogenic! Those are such cute pics of the three of you!

I love notes! I can't wait to see the finished product, but it's so cool to get the idea from the sketch- I love it and I know it'll be fabulous! I love the fact that instead of greens you're pulling in those fall colors- they're just going to pop right off the cake! The carved rock is a very sweet touch :lovestruc

Awesome stuff- I can't wait to see what you do next!

jennifaerie
06-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Ah, you've already fallen into the pit of Neechee nicknames, so you're under his spell!

"You will love me."
http://www.lunatunahead.com/2007/cats/bengals/040107_neechee/slides/iamadorable.jpg

http://www.lunatunahead.com/2005/kittens/neechee/100405/slides/loveme.jpg

On the topic of wedding-ness, I hand-delivered my only hand-delivered invitation. I didn't have one of my coworker's addresses, and his last day is Wednesday. I didn't want to not get his address and not be able to send it.

For the local ones, many should be received today. Weird. It's so strange to think that by the end of this week, most people will have them. Now, if nothing else made it real, this definitely will.

Seeing that cake sketch for the first time since we met with Tammy was weird. I had forgotten about a lot. I really can't wait to see it in person. I've instructed people focus on the cake for pictures (who cares about how I look?!), so hopefully, I will have a ton.

ElleBren
06-02-2008, 09:38 AM
So excited that you mailed your invites! I am ordering them tomorrow after I fly to FL and get my mom's opinion(really). I want them to at least be on their way to us when we arrive back to NJ. When did you ask people to reply by? I'm just not sure when I should ask people to.

Oh and I love love love the cake design. I think the final product will be exactly what you want!

Lana-the evil wedding twin

pink_tink8i8
06-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I love your stamps, they turned out great! I cannot wait to see your cake! It is going to be amazing!!!!! :goodvibes

jennifaerie
06-02-2008, 10:18 AM
So excited that you mailed your invites! I am ordering them tomorrow after I fly to FL and get my mom's opinion(really). I want them to at least be on their way to us when we arrive back to NJ. When did you ask people to reply by? I'm just not sure when I should ask people to.

Oh and I love love love the cake design. I think the final product will be exactly what you want!

Lana-the evil wedding twin
Yay! See? You're on the ball (and far from evil!). We gave 8/8/08 as our RSVP date. That's forty-five days prior. 88's my favorite number too, so I thought it would be slightly amusing.

For you, I'd do it earlier. If you're going to order them this week, you'll probably get them in within the next two weeks. Mail them out right away, and have them RSVP by sometime in July. That way you'll have accurate headcounts. Your wedding planning might have an opinion on that too, but you'll have ordered by then. For a destination wedding/renewal, the earlier the better.

I hope I love the cake. There's a mini-twinge inside that makes me worry I'll find something wrong with it (Miss Negativity), but I'm 99.9% sure I'll adore it. :)
I love your stamps, they turned out great! I cannot wait to see your cake! It is going to be amazing!!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see it either! That (and the honeymoon! :lmao: ) are making me very eager for September.

jennifaerie
06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm starting to get feedback on the invitations already. Yay! I know of three people who have received theirs already, and the feedback has been very positive.

In fact, one of my coworkers came up to me this morning and said, "You must have worked so hard on them." He had company over, and even his guests commented on them.

Yay!

Hard work paid off!

AeriellDawn
06-03-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm starting to get feedback on the invitations already. Yay! I know of three people who have received theirs already, and the feedback has been very positive.

In fact, one of my coworkers came up to me this morning and said, "You must have worked so hard on them." He had company over, and even his guests commented on them.

Yay!

Hard work paid off!

Yay!!! Don't you just love when something comes together like that? They *are* gorgeous invites and I'm not shocked at all that your guests are oooh-ing and aaah-ing over them!

I love how Neechee is working the camera- I wish my dog would hold still long enough for me to get great pics of him like that! He would rather try to chew on the camera, though... :rotfl:

I can't wait to see more, Jen! You're going to pull it all together beautifully, I just know it! ::yes::

alissa2008
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Your stamps turned out GREAT! And I LOVE your kitty!! :goodvibes

Your cake looks fantastic too!!

jennifaerie
06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I won't say Neechee is really amenable to pictures, but in the few moments he sits still, he looks good! He was actually leaning toward the camera, trying to get the strap. :lmao:

Gotten a lot more compliments on the invitations! :lovestruc :lovestruc :cloud9: :lovestruc :lovestruc If I'm this happy now, I can't imagine how I'll feel at the actual wedding!

I'm so glad people noticed how hard I worked on them. Makes me wonder if they thought I was going to do them all in crayon! :rotfl2:

I figure since I've been babbling nonstop about stamps and invitations for the past four or five days, maybe I'd give you something new.

Ceremony Stuff
I really love the idea of rose petals getting thrown after the ceremony, but I wasn't sure about clean-up, so I opted for bubbles. Carrie's right-- they don't photograph as well as petals, but I'm hoping we'll still get some good shots.

Trying to find a unique bubble bottle (that's cheap) is no easy feat, so we opted to just get generic bottles and then have someone make labels for us. If I'm feeling particularly bored and artsy, I may add a flower or leaf to the bottles.

Everything was purchased on eBay.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/bubbles.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/bubblebottle.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/stickers.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/stickersclose.jpg

My mother gave me packets of tissues for Christmas. They were Snoopy tissues, and we both thought they were funny. Mom told me I should hand them out at the wedding. So I said, Why not? I found more of them on eBay too.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/tissues.jpg

The Favors

I went kinda nutty about favors. I had six or seven things I was obsessed with getting. I narrowed it down to two when I ended up getting something personalized.

We wanted something that reflected the fall theme, but we wanted fun too. We also wanted to give something that people would have for an extended period of time, rather than just for a few moments or weeks or months.

I thought about seed packets, but I just couldn't find something I wanted, and I was tentative about doing it myself.

Then these fell into our laps.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/favors.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/favorclose.jpg
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/favorclose2.jpg

We opted not to get them all the same because I liked multiple leaves and multiple colors. I also liked multiple phrases. These came in packets of twelve, giving us the opportunity to have different selections.

We are also going to be giving away chocolates from our favorite chocolate place, The Chocolate Moose. Nancy will be making milk chocolate moose, and then a few white chocolate leaves in varying fall colors (red, orange, etc.).

They'll all be packaged in burgundy mesh bags from a place I found on eBay. I won't be able to do it until very close to the wedding since the chocolate will be done that week, but it'll give me something to do right before (and god knows I'll need something to do!).

keenercam
06-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Jennifer -- Everything looks great! I am so glad you are getting so much positive feedback on your invitations. I love the wildflower cards. We did the pink heart version for our vow renewal, and I think it is a wonderful favor! Ooooh, chocolates! YUM! :)

AeriellDawn
06-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I love it! Everything looks so awesome- I bet that guests will adore the favors. Something in spring to remind them of the fun they had in fall as well as a nummy chocolate goodie!

The Chocolate Moose sounds like an awesome shop (wish we had something like that around here...) and how cool is it that she's going to be making these leaves for you! I can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Keira1387
06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
I love your favors! They are so unique!

dislovr
06-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Can I ask where you got those favors? They are really cute and I am also having a fall theme wedding as well. Its another possible favor to add to my list. :rotfl:

jennifaerie
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
After I posted, I caved and ordered some wired leaves to wrap around the bubble bottles. I can't leave well enough alone! :rotfl2:

I love it! Everything looks so awesome- I bet that guests will adore the favors. Something in spring to remind them of the fun they had in fall as well as a nummy chocolate goodie!

The Chocolate Moose sounds like an awesome shop (wish we had something like that around here...) and how cool is it that she's going to be making these leaves for you! I can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

You're my one-woman cheerleading squad! :hug:

Being allergic to chocolate is not easy when you visit there. They make all their own chocolate. My favorite concoction is their ice cream cone.

It's a regular ice cream cone. Except the ice cream is cookie dough (she usually uses chocolate chip, but she'll also use oatmeal, sugar, and chocolate chocolate chip... and yes, Carrie, sometimes peanut butter!) dipped in chocolate, dipped in white chocolate (for whipped cream!), and a piece of bubble gum or chocolate covered fruit for a cherry on top.

There are often toppings too. Jimmies, Heath Bar, M&Ms, nuts, etc.

Underneath the cookie dough is a layer of frosting (she'll usually put strawberry frosting, because she knows I love it), a layer of wet caramel, and underneath that, the cone is filled with chocolate. Inside the chocolate are little "surprises". She'll put candy in there. Chocolate covered fruit, M&Ms, jelly beans... anything she's got on hand. It's so exciting trying to find out what's inside.

GOD, I love those.

I love your favors! They are so unique!

Thank you very much!!

Can I ask where you got those favors? They are really cute and I am also having a fall theme wedding as well. Its another possible favor to add to my list. :rotfl:

I got them at both WeddingChannel (http://www.weddingchannelstore.com/weddingchannel/ProductPage.aspx?scId=Unique%20Favors(KnotShop)&pId=P1114(KnotShop)&cId=Favors(KnotShop)&cTypF=&sscId=PersonalizedFavors(KnotShop)) and The Knot (http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/ProductPage.aspx?scId=Unique%20Favors(KnotShop)&pId=P1114(KnotShop)&cId=Favors(KnotShop)&cTypF=&sscId=PersonalizedFavors(KnotShop)).

Right now, they're $11.95 for 12 at WeddingChannel, but they're $7.99 at theknot!

I bought them on sale at both places: 7.99 and 8.99, so I'd recommend buying them now or waiting for them on to go back on sale.

They also have all sorts of different shapes... not just the leaves.

jennifaerie
06-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Jennifer -- Everything looks great! I am so glad you are getting so much positive feedback on your invitations. I love the wildflower cards. We did the pink heart version for our vow renewal, and I think it is a wonderful favor! Ooooh, chocolates! YUM! :)

Cam, thank you, thank you! Aren't those favors great? Do you know if people had a lot of success with them?

AeriellDawn
06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
You're my one-woman cheerleading squad! :hug:

Being allergic to chocolate is not easy when you visit there. They make all their own chocolate. My favorite concoction is their ice cream cone.

It's a regular ice cream cone. Except the ice cream is cookie dough (she usually uses chocolate chip, but she'll also use oatmeal, sugar, and chocolate chocolate chip... and yes, Carrie, sometimes peanut butter!) dipped in chocolate, dipped in white chocolate (for whipped cream!), and a piece of bubble gum or chocolate covered fruit for a cherry on top.

There are often toppings too. Jimmies, Heath Bar, M&Ms, nuts, etc.

Underneath the cookie dough is a layer of frosting (she'll usually put strawberry frosting, because she knows I love it), a layer of wet caramel, and underneath that, the cone is filled with chocolate. Inside the chocolate are little "surprises". She'll put candy in there. Chocolate covered fruit, M&Ms, jelly beans... anything she's got on hand. It's so exciting trying to find out what's inside.

GOD, I love those.

I think my butt just got bigger even *thinking* about that! Ugh.. I need a drool bucket! :rotfl2: Seriously, that sounds like heaven. And you sound just like my Oma! She's allergic to chocolate, but does that stop her from keeping a big bowl of KitKats and Reese cups? Noooo... ;)

And I can't help cheering when there's such great stuff to cheer about! :hug:

So much chocolate- have a banana! :banana:

Alarose
06-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Jenni, I FINALLY made it here to read your pj! Everything is beautiful! I LOVE the dress you tried on (and I still want to see a picture of you in it!), love the Jewerly (all of them are so unique...I also love the last set too), and your center peice ideas are amazing. I love that everything is so you! It is your wedding. People will not get bored at your reception! :rotfl: The favors are really cool too.

Looks great so far! That is so exciting that your invitations are out already! Yeah!

29apr00
06-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh my goodness your leaf favors are tooo cute!! WOW! I love them!

WithDisneySpirit
06-04-2008, 08:45 AM
I read your whole PJ backwards and I adored your cake sketch, your cats are seriously gorgeous and that comb is sooooo wonderful. I would love to have it for myself! I would build a wardrobe around that comb :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

jennifaerie
06-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I think my butt just got bigger even *thinking* about that! Ugh.. I need a drool bucket! :rotfl2: Seriously, that sounds like heaven. And you sound just like my Oma! She's allergic to chocolate, but does that stop her from keeping a big bowl of KitKats and Reese cups? Noooo... ;)

And I can't help cheering when there's such great stuff to cheer about! :hug:

So much chocolate- have a banana! :banana:

Bananas! And chocolate! Yum!

Jenni, I FINALLY made it here to read your pj! Everything is beautiful! I LOVE the dress you tried on (and I still want to see a picture of you in it!), love the Jewerly (all of them are so unique...I also love the last set too), and your center peice ideas are amazing. I love that everything is so you! It is your wedding. People will not get bored at your reception! :rotfl: The favors are really cool too.

Looks great so far! That is so exciting that your invitations are out already! Yeah!

Oh, thank you so much!! I'm glad it seems different. I really wanted to personalize it so that people would know it was like us, but have fun at the same time!

Oh my goodness your leaf favors are tooo cute!! WOW! I love them!

Thank you, Jennifer! :)

I read your whole PJ backwards and I adored your cake sketch, your cats are seriously gorgeous and that comb is sooooo wonderful. I would love to have it for myself! I would build a wardrobe around that comb :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you, thank you! Mandy at Tigerlilly is *fantastic*! And thank you for the comments on my kitties. I'm very, very, (digustingly very) proud.

jennifaerie
06-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Our first RSVP came today!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Disboard reading.

stackyallred
06-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Hello! I just have to say, I love your ring, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and I love the the marble engagement story (especially the part about how you had to ask him to pause the game- I actually had my husband repeat everything when he was on his knee because I was so afriad I'd miss something!)! Everything you have picked is gorgeous! Congrats!

stackyallred
06-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Hello! I just have to say, I love your ring, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and I love the the marble engagement story (especially the part about how you had to ask him to pause the game- I actually had my husband repeat everything when he was on his knee because I was so afriad I'd miss something lol!)! Everything you have picked is gorgeous! Congrats!

stackyallred
06-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Ok, I hope this doesn't show up twice- somehow what I wrote messed up...Anyway... I just wanted to chime in here and tell you that I love your ring, I love love love your dress and I love the engagement/marble story (especially the part where you asked him to pause the game lol)! Everything you picked is gorgeous! Congratulations! :yay:

jennifaerie
06-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Hello! I just have to say, I love your ring, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and I love the the marble engagement story (especially the part about how you had to ask him to pause the game- I actually had my husband repeat everything when he was on his knee because I was so afriad I'd miss something!)! Everything you have picked is gorgeous! Congrats!

Thank you very, very much! I'm sure the game pausing will be a cute anecdote for years to come. I know he wasn't paying attention to it, but I was (the first time I've ever paid attention to football! :rotfl2: ).

I still haven't visited the dress! What's wrong with me?!

alissa2008
06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
GACK! :crazy2:

I can't believe you are ruining perfectly good cake with FRUIT! Good thing I will be miles away from this atrocity, curled in the fetal position and clutching a tub of peanut butter.... :rotfl:

Hmm... Well, my cake is exactly like this. Except the octopus is a cat driving a truck.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:lmao: I love that cake! I subscribe to the Pink cake box blog and i just love her cakes!! She's great!

Agreed, I finally went back and read the cake posts from the beginning. Those pinkcakebox cakes are all the same ones we looked at!! :goodvibes I absolutely adore your cake ideas...

It'll be like Neechee's driving the cake to the reception.

Or my tummy!

:rotfl2: Thats awesome!

:rotfl: I do this.

ElleBren
06-06-2008, 06:22 AM
I still haven't visited the dress! What's wrong with me?!

What you haven't been like stalking the place where it is being kept?

jennifaerie
06-06-2008, 01:23 PM
No, strangely enough. I keep telling myself I'll go on the weekend, but then I end up ... not.

I do need to go to just make sure it's the right one.

I just read that Anne Heap from PinkCakeBox is going to be on Food Network Challenge! Yay! I'm so excited for her.

I've received six RSVPs so far-- all yes (I guess the yes ones come first, then the no's straggle along at the end). I am very excited. You know how we all love to receive mail. It's fun to receive them instead of junk mail. And it's even more exciting to open them, not knowing who they're from.

Either that, or I have no life! :rotfl:

I'll be posting some new stuff soon... I need to take pictures of the glasses/garter/guestbook set. I got it off eBay for $100, which was amazing, since the set (or buying all the pieces separately) came to over $200.

I'm half tempted to do the blurb book instead of the guestbook we have, but... we have a guestbook. I don't want to waste it.

jennifaerie
06-07-2008, 03:28 PM
So I'm working to look more like a girl (woman, lady?) for the wedding, and today, I got one step closer.

I had my eyebrows done.

This felt like one of the biggest risks I've ever taken. It seems so intensely personal. But I took the risk, since I can't stand looking at pictures of myself without my glasses.

I definitely look more feminine!

The woman who did them did a great job; I just think I need to either adjust to the change or let them grow in a little, so they look less sculpted.

I hate change, so I'm sure by tomorrow, I'll love them. Today, I'm just still in shock.

I'll try to post some pictures maybe once the redness is gone. It's definitely noticeable.

alissa2008
06-07-2008, 03:54 PM
eyebrows --- :thumbsup2 I remember the first time I did it, and man you could totally tell the difference. It opens your face SO much!! Congrats!! ::yes::

Mocharilla
06-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Eyebrows = Ow.:eek:

My mom used to make me all the time. Haha.

AeriellDawn
06-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I remember my first time too.... I haven't had them professionally done in a long while! I just pluck- which sucks. Lots of little pains and it never looks as good when I do it as when it's done by someone else.

My sister says her BF is an *excellent* eyebrow tweezer, though. Go fig.

Yay for looking more girly! Just fear the waxing of any other areas. I had a bad bikini-wax experience and never recovered from the mental trauma. I can't wait to see eyebrow pictures! Just be careful- you never know what kind of weird new internet craze you'll be starting! (I've seen some weird stuff on them thar internets.) :rotfl2:

DecemberBride
06-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Yay for looking more girly! Just fear the waxing of any other areas. I had a bad bikini-wax experience and never recovered from the mental trauma. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: This made me laugh... similar trauma for me as well... I don't think I've recovered either!

Lynn5700
06-08-2008, 01:16 AM
YAY for getting RSVPs!!!!!!!! It is nice to get real mail isn't it lol.

jennifaerie
06-08-2008, 11:38 AM
eyebrows --- :thumbsup2 I remember the first time I did it, and man you could totally tell the difference. It opens your face SO much!! Congrats!! ::yes::

I feel like it opens up my face *too* much. I think I'll feel better when I'm a little scruffy again. I look in the mirror, and I keep thinking I look shocked all the time. Or maybe I am looking shocked, because I am! It's still red, though, so I probably shouldn't judge until it goes away.

Eyebrows = Ow.:eek:

My mom used to make me all the time. Haha.

I've done all my own hair removal, and I've done some work on my eyebrows, but I just didn't know what else to do with them. I was afraid of looking like a freak. I feel like a freak right now, but I know it'll pass once I get used to it.

I remember my first time too.... I haven't had them professionally done in a long while! I just pluck- which sucks. Lots of little pains and it never looks as good when I do it as when it's done by someone else.

Yay for looking more girly! Just fear the waxing of any other areas. I had a bad bikini-wax experience and never recovered from the mental trauma. I can't wait to see eyebrow pictures! Just be careful- you never know what kind of weird new internet craze you'll be starting! (I've seen some weird stuff on them thar internets.) :rotfl2:

I told the woman that I refused to get anything waxed because I was afraid I might hit someone. She said she knew exactly what I meant and had the same reaction the first time she experienced waxing (at school when she started out). It's knee-jerk, like stubbing your toe. The shock of the pain makes you want to punch someone.

Well, it made *me* want to punch someone! :lmao:

But I'm a big ingrown hair person, so I hesitate using wax anywhere from the neck under.

My vajayjay area is a very private, precious area. No wax, thank you.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: This made me laugh... similar trauma for me as well... I don't think I've recovered either!

That takes guts, though!

YAY for getting RSVPs!!!!!!!! It is nice to get real mail isn't it lol.

It's awesome. I get so excited. Then I open it, and I say, Oh. It's just from your aunt. :lmao: It's like, I want an RSVP from someone I don't think will come saying she'll be coming!

I did get an RSVP from my officiant saying she'd be officiating, but won't be staying for the reception. That made me sad. She's a friend and coworker, so I thought she would be staying. I'm just going to stress to her that she's welcome. She must know. But I still want to say it.

ElleBren
06-08-2008, 12:39 PM
My mom has always done my eyebrows, it doesn't feel the best but since it last so long to me its better than plucking.

I can't wait to get RSVPs, but I guess you have to send out invites before you get those huh? I still haven't ordered the invitations, but I am checking out one last one for price before I order. Hopefully this week I will be on track.

Hope everything is going well for you. Great favors. Very fallish. Can't wait to see more!

Lana

jennifaerie
06-09-2008, 08:08 PM
If it seems like I'm quiet today and over the next few days, it's because my dad had his surgery today.

It appears to have been successful, though we won't know for a couple months for sure. He's just in a lot of pain right now, and is having a really difficult time.

I'll be at the hospital with him tomorrow and maybe Wednesday.

We're all doing okay. Just very tired.

keenercam
06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Jennifer -- sending you a huge hug, sweetie :hug: and keeping your family in my prayers.

Mocharilla
06-09-2008, 08:41 PM
:hug: I hope everything stays okay with him. It's good that he seems that way now, at least.

ElleBren
06-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Glad everything went well with his surgery, hope that it won't take too long to see how it well it worked. Hugs all around

lov2b@disney
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
:hug: sending well wishes to you, your dad and your family!

WithDisneySpirit
06-10-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't remember hearing of this but I am sending prayers and wishes for a quick recovery too!:wizard:

hope1826
06-10-2008, 10:58 AM
If it seems like I'm quiet today and over the next few days, it's because my dad had his surgery today.

It appears to have been successful, though we won't know for a couple months for sure. He's just in a lot of pain right now, and is having a really difficult time.

I'll be at the hospital with him tomorrow and maybe Wednesday.

We're all doing okay. Just very tired.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hugs for you, your dad and your family!

29apr00
06-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Hugs for your Dad, and you too. Hope he's doing better!

jennifaerie
06-10-2008, 05:27 PM
A HUGE thank you to everyone! :hug: :hug: :hug:

When we walked in today, my father was in excellent shape. He had just returned from a walk around the unit.

Unfortunately, by the time we left, he was not nearly as great. His color went gray, and he was having trouble breathing. No one confirmed that he went into a.fib, but my mom is very worried.

I feel skeptical, because my mom overworries about everything (that's where I got it from!), but he definitely did change from the time we arrived to the time we left.

It's tough to be okay with him feeling lousy, even though we know he had major heart surgery yesterday (turns out it was a lot more invasive than I thought).

He's supposed to be discharged tomorrow, though we haven't gotten the official word yet.

The good news is that he's alive to complain about pain! We won't know for a few months whether the success of the surgery will be permanent (he may need it again), but I'm crossing my fingers.

I know all your prayers are helping.

Thank you again!

jennifaerie
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Dad is now home.

I am quite tired.

I got a new camera, but it's been sitting in its Amazon box for two days, because I've been too tired to open it. But once I do, I'll take new pictures of the bubble bottles. I've started to apply the leaves to them. They're cute.

26 yes's, 2 no's (cousin's kids in college; didn't think they'd want to go to a "boring wedding" anyway :) )!

ElleBren
06-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Glad that your dad is home. Hopefully things will get better and easier.

Can't wait to see the photos of the bubbles.

Lana

AeriellDawn
06-12-2008, 07:50 AM
:hug: I'm so glad that your dad has made it through the surgery ok and that he's home now! I hope that he condition improves quickly and that he's back to feeling well really soon!

Get some rest, girl- you're going to need it to post all those new pics we're all dying to see! ;)

keenercam
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Jennifer -- So glad your Dad is home. I know it is probably a rough time for your family as they all worry about him, so I am sending lots of good thoughts :goodvibes and loads of pixie dust! pixiedust: pixiedust:

Looking forward to seeing pix as you enjoy your new camera! :banana:

jennifaerie
06-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Again, a big, big, BIG thanks to everyone! :hug:

I figure since it'll probably take me forever to get the darned camera out of the box, I'll give you something to tide you over. I promise I'll try to do it today, but just in case...

Our wedding website (http://www.thebeanandme.com)

It's the least I can do. And there's animation, so you can get easily distracted! Easy distraction is good!

AeriellDawn
06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Freaking Awesome!!! :hyper:

Your wedding website is amazing (doesn't hurt that I LOVE that song) and it's so fun! I especially love some of the little descriptions of things ("Leonard Nemoy did a show on it!" That had me cracking up! :rotfl2: )

Great work- did you put it together yourselves or have someone design it? Beautiful work, just lovely. :thumbsup2 The pictures of the two of you are great, too! I'm so jealous- your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

Take care, best wishes, and as always I can't wait for the next installment! :goodvibes

jennifaerie
06-13-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm a goof. And I really loved those In Search Of... shows. I used to watch them before I went to school in the morning. And they did one on the regular Stonehenge and America's Stonehenge, which is in the town I grew up in. :)

We were toying with At Last being our first song, but as much as I adore that song, it's not Rob and me. Gotta pick what's us. I need to write about music at some point, don't I?

I'm glad you liked the website (glad = understatement :lmao: ). I wish I could say I did it on my own. I used to design websites at one point, but no, that's not me. I got a quasi-free subscription to wedorama.com (http://www.wedorama.com) through theknot or weddingchannel, and they have templates that you work with. They have a bunch of different themes. It's really cool.

I did break the camera out last night, and we were really disappointed with the pictures. :worried: But based on the ones I took this morning, I think it's only night pictures (even with night/candle/darkness settings). They come out very grainy.

But I took some pictures of the peonies in our front yard, and they came out beautifully. I should have pictures soon!

ElleBren
06-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Your website is great. It follows your theme and just looks so great. I am very big on themes, they are the only way I can focus on something, or to know that I haven't gone off course when planning something.

Glad you like your camera better this morning. I got a new digital for christmas and am still excited about it. My old one still works but the door was hanging off and sometimes wouldn't keep the battery in to take the photos. Did you get yours for a special occasion or just because you will have so much going on that you will need a good camera for all your exciting stuff?

Ok I am going to go upload some photos onto my pj so I can keep up with you. Can't wait to see your photos!

Lana

jennifaerie
06-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks, Lana!

I got a new camera because there was a scratch on the lens of my old camera. It didn't affect all the pictures we took, but if it was really bright outside, you'd see a mark in the middle of the picture (it looked like sun "spots"). Rob wanted to get the lens fixed, but I found it would cost more to get it fixed, and it would never be completely fixed. So I said, What the heck?

I stayed with the Olympus brand, because I knew it would be easier to adjust, and it would automatically feel like an upgrade. I did read reviews from people who said the pictures came out terribly until settings were adjusted, so I wasn't *too* concerned. It just seemed odd that there were all these special nighttime settings, and the pictures still came out so grainy. But then again, if I tried to take a picture at night with my other camera, it'd be flat out blurry, so this is definitely a step up.

bestla
06-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Love your website!!! :thumbsup2 Good stuff.

alissa2008
06-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Dad is now home.

:hug: I'm keeping you both in my thoughts!! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Great job on the website!! I love all the transitions!! I wish mine was that neato! ::yes::

---

I couldn't help but take a peek at your honeymoon registry too -- although I'm confused why you would want MYW tickets if you get an AP?:confused3 I'm going to go add MNSSHP to mine!! :cool1:

DisneyFairy19
06-13-2008, 09:44 AM
GREAT ebay buys:thumbsup2

jennifaerie
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Love your website!!! :thumbsup2 Good stuff.
Thank you!! :)

:hug: I'm keeping you both in my thoughts!! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Great job on the website!! I love all the transitions!! I wish mine was that neato! ::yes::

---

I couldn't help but take a peek at your honeymoon registry too -- although I'm confused why you would want MYW tickets if you get an AP?:confused3 I'm going to go add MNSSHP to mine!! :cool1:

No annual passes here! If we ever buy DVC, we might get them. But we're doing the free dining/deluxe dining deal, so it's Magic Your Way ... all the way!

Your website is great because you did it yourself. Even if you used templates, it's got you written all over it!

Unfortunately, dad was re-admitted today. :( He was admitted at the hospital my mother and I work at, though, so I was able to spend a good portion of time with him.

He has pneumonia, and his heart is back in a.fib (the reason why he had the surgery in the first place), so things aren't well now. Cross your fingers.

GREAT ebay buys:thumbsup2

eBay is, pardon the expression, the bomb! Christina, I can't even tell you how much money it's saved me. Though you already know!! :rotfl:

bestla
06-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

Lots of mental hugs coming your way. :hug: :hug: :hug:

ElleBren
06-13-2008, 10:24 PM
So sorry to hear about your dad. We will keep him in our prayers. :hug:

miranda1979
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
:yay: :yay: I am from Manchester NH :), Its nice to see another disney honeymooner here!! we will have a home wedding also...Love your website it is beautiful!

jennifaerie
06-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Dad is still in the hospital. Friday night, he almost went into v-tach, which is essentially failure. But after four bags of potassium, his heart went back into normal rhythm.

They're still treating the pneumonia, and he's having a lot of trouble breathing, but at least it isn't his heart right now. He'll probably be in the hospital for at least another two days. Cross your fingers.

I did take pictures, but didn't upload them yet. I've been at the hospital most of the weekend. And catching up on everyone else's PJs!

alissa2008
06-15-2008, 08:33 PM
No annual passes here! If we ever buy DVC, we might get them. But we're doing the free dining/deluxe dining deal, so it's Magic Your Way ... all the way!

Oh yeah - I forgot you're disneymooning! :headache: Anyway, I totally dig your registry! You guys are going to have a blast!

WithDisneySpirit
06-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Fingers and toes are crossed for a solid recovery for your Dad! :goodvibes

keenercam
06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Thinking of your family, Jennifer, and hoping your Dad is getting stronger by the minute. pixiedust: :goodvibes :hug:

jennifaerie
06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Thank you again... I haven't been by to see him today, but I do have a picture for you. My bridesmaid finally picked her dress out.

Since we actually had my dress on hand (I got to wear it! I have pictures! Not so great pictures, but pictures nevertheless!), we discovered that we picked the wrong color for my matron of honor's dress.

It's not the end of the world... it still looks okay against it; it just looks like red versus the burgundy we were going for. Oh well.

Since my bridesmaid is wearing a different dress, we opted to stick with the berry color, rather than changing it for her.

So you can see what it looks like on someone.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/1039A.jpg

In Berry.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/1039BY.JPG

Silly boo boos.

She's probably not going to tie the sash like it is in the picture. We like when it just falls behind.

jennifaerie
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
For anyone who was curious, this is Cranberry.

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/1039CB.jpg

I like this color a lot better, but again, we held up the Berry against my dress, and it wasn't like the bridal shop ceased to exist because they weren't exact.

alissa2008
06-16-2008, 12:45 PM
LOVE the berry color!

megveg
06-16-2008, 01:52 PM
:wave: hello hello!! I read all the pages so far and now I'm hooked! I'm down here in MA not to far from you! The DBF skateboards so we frequent the Nashua and Rye skateparks!

Your dress is exactly what I dream my dress will look like. I LOVE the way pick ups look and the burst of color is just perfect (I imagine mine to have a turquoisey-blue color, but have also thought white and dark green would look good too!)

You and your shoes! You're so like me! I wore flip flops to my prom, and low top converses to my semi-formal! I absolutely know where you're coming from and if we hung out I'm pretty sure we'd be best friends! :rotfl:

Your theme is perfect! There's a cute little church near me in Sudbury, MA that I've always wanted to get married at and I would have to get married there in Fall and have a Fall New England wedding because it's the perfect spot.

http://www.sudburyjp.com/images/Wayside%20montage.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_G8mp8npYEsE/R2v7IY_KuNI/AAAAAAAAAC0/9HtWMQMNWKw/Chapel.jpg

My uncle got married there and I just about died!

haha I just realized this whole post is all about me and my wedding which won't be happening for quite some time :rotfl:

More about you you you!

I'm so excited to be on board!! :)

jennifaerie
06-16-2008, 01:59 PM
That's so funny! I wanted to get married there! I love the grist mill and wanted to have my pictures there. But it was just too expensive. It's a *beautiful* area. I love going to the Wayside Inn!

I wanted to wear Chucks to my prom! But I was forbidden. So I got to wear uncomfortable dyed shoes that I took off almost as soon as I walked in, and then I got a run in my pantyhose. Oops. But people were too busy noticing two people wearing the same dress (me being one of them). Oops again.

I got to wear my dress today, and even completely wrinkled, it was just beautiful. The pick-ups fall so lightly. They're not heavy at all!

We drive by the skatepark whenever we have to go see my parents (I grew up in Salem, New Hampshire). It's always packed!

megveg
06-16-2008, 02:09 PM
That's so funny! I wanted to get married there! I love the grist mill and wanted to have my pictures there. But it was just too expensive. It's a *beautiful* area. I love going to the Wayside Inn!

I wanted to wear Chucks to my prom! But I was forbidden. So I got to wear uncomfortable dyed shoes that I took off almost as soon as I walked in, and then I got a run in my pantyhose. Oops. But people were too busy noticing two people wearing the same dress (me being one of them). Oops again.

I got to wear my dress today, and even completely wrinkled, it was just beautiful. The pick-ups fall so lightly. They're not heavy at all!

We drive by the skatepark whenever we have to go see my parents (I grew up in Salem, New Hampshire). It's always packed!

I've never been to the Wayside Inn, but my uncle had his pictures at the grist mill and they came out BEAUTIFULLY (and my uncle is the most UNPHOTOGENIC person ever and even HE looked good lol)

I wanted my prom dress to have pick ups, but I went with a boring number because I knew I wouldnt want full length and I wanted to be comfortable so I stuck with this:

http://i29.tinypic.com/j8eafk.jpg
I was all about the comfort (hence the flip flops and easy hair do with the bandana lol)

:goodvibes

jennifaerie
06-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey, I think you look great! That dress, even if it doesn't have the pick-ups, represents your style. It's punk, yet 1950s. Very cool. You both look like you'd have fun no matter where you are, no matter what you're wearing!

megveg
06-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey, I think you look great! That dress, even if it doesn't have the pick-ups, represents your style. It's punk, yet 1950s. Very cool. You both look like you'd have fun no matter where you are, no matter what you're wearing!

Pretty much! haha when we went to disney 2 weeks ago, he was trying to be all like "this is for kids:headache: " but he knew I was having fun so he gave in and turned into a 6 year old with me. Gotta love him :cloud9:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/megveg/Disney%2008/DISNEY08063.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/megveg/Disney%2008/DISNEY08142.jpg

( I swear keep giving me reasons to post pictures and it'll keep happening! haha :rotfl2: :rotfl: )

jennifaerie
06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
I love it! I'm a BIG Stitch fan. Love the piercings!

I had to take most of mine out. I'm not a good healer. But the most adventurous I ever got was my tragus. I only have my nostril and navel left. The top ball on my tongue piercing fell out (I swallowed it!), and I figured that was god's way of telling me, Okay, time to get rid of it. (Much to my mother's joy.)

megveg
06-16-2008, 04:50 PM
I love it! I'm a BIG Stitch fan. Love the piercings!

I had to take most of mine out. I'm not a good healer. But the most adventurous I ever got was my tragus. I only have my nostril and navel left. The top ball on my tongue piercing fell out (I swallowed it!), and I figured that was god's way of telling me, Okay, time to get rid of it. (Much to my mother's joy.)

aejrhgewrkjg Stitch is my favoriteeeeeeeeee. I love all my piercings, I swallowed my tongue ring once at a family picnic and I stuck a bobby pin in it and went to the car till we left cuz I felt "sick" haha. I wanted to save it so bad! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

jennifaerie
06-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Bubbles - Revisited

Last night, I found that multiple programs ceased working on my laptop. They included my camera uploader (not such a big deal, because Vista will upload them too), AND Paint Shop Pro. NOT HAPPY.

I didn't want to upload three meg pictures that would take forever to load and would look huge.

So I installed the software on my work computer.

My dad took a turn (downhill again) yesterday, and I wanted so badly to show pictures of me in my dress, and I was very angry by 10pm last night because I couldn't get it to work.

My dress pictures are going to outshine these babies, I would guess. But I cropped them first.

As you may remember, there were just stickers on the bubble bottles, but I got some wired leaves on eBay. :)

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/bubblesl.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/bubblesl2.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Favors/bubblesl3.jpg

ElleBren
06-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Very nice bubble leaves. Its just the little things that make everything nice. Just adding that little bit of greenery adds them to your theme and also makes them cuter.

Sorry about your dad. Here's some hugs:hug: :hug:

megveg
06-17-2008, 09:17 AM
the bubbles are cute!

good luck to you and your dad:hug: :hug: :hug:

pink_tink8i8
06-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Your bubbles are soo cute!

jennifaerie
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Thank you, thank you! I think they're cute. Hopefully, they won't maim anyone.

The Dress

As you know, I was able to try on my dress yesterday. It was a wrinkled mess, but it still looked really nice. I didn't ask, but they promised me it would be steamed when I picked it up.

New camera, and Sara (and I) were still getting the hang of it, so I apologize in advance. I rarely have ever seen a worse set of pictures (seriously)!

But... without further ado...
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/dress.jpg

A little closer up...
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/dress2.jpg

I look bad, but the dress looks better with the flash. So just ignore me.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/withflash.jpg

Closer up on the dress.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/withflash2.jpg

The boddice.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/boddice.jpg

I forgot about the mirrors so you could see the back, but my hands are right on the sash.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/back.jpg

The sash/bow (nice and clear)
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/sash.jpg

I still hate the bow, but I don't really know what to do with it other than leave it as is. It just bothers me that it's sideways. I'll get over it!

Otherwise, when I looked in the mirror, I was just stunned. I still love it! Phew!

I'll post the jewelry pictures soon (gotta let it all settle in your brains before you get picture overload!).

megveg
06-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Thank you, thank you! I think they're cute. Hopefully, they won't maim anyone.

The Dress

LOVE LOVE LOVEEE your dress. the pick ups are beautiful and I've always always loved bodices with the boning lines, so classic and pretty!

:yay: :yay: :goodvibes :goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
06-17-2008, 01:26 PM
your dress is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE the red. You look absolutely fantastic in it. You're so tiny.

jennifaerie
06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVEEE your dress. the pick ups are beautiful and I've always always loved bodices with the boning lines, so classic and pretty!

:yay: :yay: :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'm all about corseting, so I hear you! I saw it in a window, and I loved it, but I was a little turned off by the beading. I hate beading. But once it's on, you don't really notice it. I also loved how the pick-ups just sort of... go wherever. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's kinda like soft serve! :rotfl:

your dress is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE the red. You look absolutely fantastic in it. You're so tiny.

Aww! Thank you! :hug: Let the blushing begin! :rotfl:

I wasn't always this tiny. I've gone upwards of 200lbs. But I kept telling myself over the past couple years that I needed to keep it up because I had to be getting married at some point! :rotfl: Once September rolls around, I'm gonna let it all go! :lmao:

bestla
06-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Oooooh love the dress!!! It looks fantastic on you!

I can't really tell from the pictures....but can you do other things with the sash if you're unhappy with it? Would there be a way to tie it non-sideways? Or even shorten it so it doesn't require a bow?? :confused3

You should be happy with ALL parts of your dress!!

jennifaerie
06-17-2008, 01:39 PM
It's firmly attached!

I could use a seam ripper to pull it up, but I'm not feeling adventurous. I mean, the most that could be done is the bow folded down so it fits into the sash. But then there's still the applique in the middle.

I'll come up with something (or nothing) and will be happy with it! :)

megveg
06-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm all about corseting, so I hear you! I saw it in a window, and I loved it, but I was a little turned off by the beading. I hate beading. But once it's on, you don't really notice it. I also loved how the pick-ups just sort of... go wherever. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's kinda like soft serve! :rotfl:

im telling you, we're related or something... :rotfl: :rotfl2:

lpizzuro123
06-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Love the dress, it looks great on you. As far as the bow goes - the only thing I would suggest if you don't like the up and down version - even though it is stitched on - I am sure a seamstress could put the bow on a slight angle. If not, it is great as is.

Linda

linzwylie
06-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I am sure a seamstress could put the bow on a slight angle. If not, it is great as is.

Linda

I agree, a good seamstress will be able to turn the bow for you and it shouldn't cost too much to do.

Linz xxx :)

IndyBride
06-17-2008, 08:49 PM
The dress looks great!

megveg
06-18-2008, 01:19 AM
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :) :) :) :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :) :) :) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

jennifaerie
06-18-2008, 09:56 AM
im telling you, we're related or something... :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We may be! I swear I saw the milk man hanging around when I was younger! :rotfl:

Love the dress, it looks great on you. As far as the bow goes - the only thing I would suggest if you don't like the up and down version - even though it is stitched on - I am sure a seamstress could put the bow on a slight angle. If not, it is great as is.

Linda

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll see what I can do!

I agree, a good seamstress will be able to turn the bow for you and it shouldn't cost too much to do.

Linz xxx :)

It would have to be outside of the place where I bought the dress, because most bridal shop seamstresses (unless you're going to Yolanda's or Kleinfeld's) won't change the dress... just the necessities to make it fit. I don't mind... because I don't exactly have a vision for what I want. And the bridal shop is covering the cost of the other changes I need.

If I do come up with something different, I'll definitely look into it. I don't like it, but I don't know what I would want to make me like it! :rotfl:

The dress looks great!

Thank you so much! :D

shasess
06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Very pretty dress! I really like the color!

almacdonald
06-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Nice dress... dress-twin! Well, kinda, mine was white & pink. I thought I hated the bow too but it ended up growing on me and I left it as is (partly because it's on there firmly!) I kinda like the look of the bow now looking through my pictures.

alissa2008
06-18-2008, 02:42 PM

Linda

I agree - looks fantastic, but I'm sure a seamstress would alter it any way you want!! And damn, I would kill for your figure!! :rotfl:

jennifaerie
06-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Very pretty dress! I really like the color!

Thank you, thank you!

Nice dress... dress-twin! Well, kinda, mine was white & pink. I thought I hated the bow too but it ended up growing on me and I left it as is (partly because it's on there firmly!) I kinda like the look of the bow now looking through my pictures.

I still haven't seen pictures! I wanna! I haven't seen it in any other variation than mine. I'll probably leave it. I hated it more before than I do now, so that must mean it's growing on me too. :lmao:

I agree - looks fantastic, but I'm sure a seamstress would alter it any way you want!! And damn, I would kill for your figure!! :rotfl:

It took *MANY* years to get it this way, and I'm sure I'll go back downhill after the wedding. I kinda wish I didn't care, because now I know too much to go back and accept myself any other way. Thanks!

jennifaerie
06-18-2008, 03:37 PM
So... We're going to have a honeymoon shoot.

We booked the Roots!

Huzzah!

I can't tell you how excited I am. I truly feel they're two of the only people on earth who can make you look SO MUCH BETTER than you really look!

I'm ecstatic. Did I forget to mention I'm excited?

We're meeting with them the day after we get to WDW, and now it's just a matter of choosing where to go. Rob and I are leaning toward Saratoga Springs, but they're worried about issues that may arise if Disney sees us, even at a resort, because there's no DFTW involved.

So they recommended Celebration. I wasn't too keen on leaving the park, until I saw pictures (of course they took them, and they make everything look magnificent!). I'll show them to Rob and see what he thinks.

I'm terribly, amazingly excited.

Did I forget to mention I'm excited?

Now I need to decide... do I do make-up? I don't really care about my hair... I can come up with something (not much, since I have absolutely no hair competence at all)... but my face may very well be all broken out from the make-up done for the wedding. I'm wondering. I'll make a decision sooner than later, but it's a consideration. I know the Roots are great at making people look stupendous, but I don't know how stupendous I may look with my normal look.

At any rate... THE ROOTS!

Coming soon... jewelry pictures!

(ROOTS!)

bestla
06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
YAY YOU!!! :yay:

You shall look maahvelous dahling. (that was my attempt at typing a glamorous rich person accent).

In terms of make-up v. no make-up....if the money isn't an issue.. I say do make-up. One less thing to worry about!

keenercam
06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
YAY for the Roots!!! Personally, I don't think you require anyone to make you look better than you already do, but if you insist on having true artists, everything I've seen of theirs puts them right out front with a select few! Have fun planning the honeymoon shoot! :yay:

lurkyloo
06-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Huzzah! Oh, this is very exciting!

I love doing makeup, and I'm not too shabby at it, but for my wedding pix I knew I wanted a pro. Plus, she will be able to make the makeup STAY on you in the September heat. Hair, too! ...She will make that hair stay on you...:rotfl:

And really, I think if you have your heart set on taking pix in a Disney location in your gown, you should go for it. Well, except for the Grand Floridian, which has at least 6 brides running around it all day, every day. Nobody is going to walk up and demand to see your DFTW contract - they will just assume you got married there and are taking wedding pix. And brides who get married off-site wear their dresses to dinner at WDW resort restaurants... I just don't think it's going to be a problem.

jennifaerie
06-18-2008, 09:04 PM
YAY YOU!!! :yay:

You shall look maahvelous dahling. (that was my attempt at typing a glamorous rich person accent).

In terms of make-up v. no make-up....if the money isn't an issue.. I say do make-up. One less thing to worry about!

Why, thank you, dahhhhling! :D Ooh, that was fun! I think you're right. I just don't know if I'll cave.

But I've been all about spelunking with this wedding! :rotfl: Caves everywhere!

YAY for the Roots!!! Personally, I don't think you require anyone to make you look better than you already do, but if you insist on having true artists, everything I've seen of theirs puts them right out front with a select few! Have fun planning the honeymoon shoot! :yay:

Cam, that is one of the nicest things I've ever had anyone say to me. :hug: :hug: You *always* give me the warm fuzzies!

I'm very excited! I don't know why... maybe it's because I always hate pictures of myself. I feel like they'd capture me in just the right light, the right mood, the right... right! Did I forget to mention I'm excited?

Huzzah! Oh, this is very exciting!

I love doing makeup, and I'm not too shabby at it, but for my wedding pix I knew I wanted a pro. Plus, she will be able to make the makeup STAY on you in the September heat. Hair, too! ...She will make that hair stay on you...:rotfl:

And really, I think if you have your heart set on taking pix in a Disney location in your gown, you should go for it. Well, except for the Grand Floridian, which has at least 6 brides running around it all day, every day. Nobody is going to walk up and demand to see your DFTW contract - they will just assume you got married there and are taking wedding pix. And brides who get married off-site wear their dresses to dinner at WDW resort restaurants... I just don't think it's going to be a problem.

All right, thanks for the offer, lurky!!-- YOU can do my make-up! :rotfl: I was like, Gee, I wonder if Carrie will come and do French braids for me! :lmao: I went to a military college (though I was a civilian), and I always looked at all these girls with their hair up in buns, and I thought, Jeez, I can't even do that. But I figured I'd just go with the flow for that.

It's my splotchy red, pale Irish skin that worries me. It's one of the things that I always notice in pictures. I suppose that outright gives me my answer, but I'm already shelling out money for make-up and photography on my wedding day... do I want to do it for this? That takes more time out of our honeymoon. I'm still thinking!

I showed Rob the pictures that Nathan and Jensey sent us, and he thinks we should start at Saratoga Springs and then head to Celebration if we feel we haven't gotten enough (like we'd even know!). Sounds like a plan!

jennifaerie
06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
The Jewelry - Part II

While I was trying on my dress, I had the opportunity to try on my jewelry sets as well. I had my bridesmaid take pictures. Unfortunately, she took them pretty much from the chest up, so you can't really compare the jewelry to the dress. The few people who saw the pictures liked one particular set the best, and I think it's because you see more of my boddice in it. But I could be wrong.

So you may have a difficult time telling which one you like better from these. I may do more pictures. I probably won't end up deciding until the day of, and I may do two sets in one day and then another set for the honeymoon shoot (with the ROOTS!!).

Just for a reminder, I'll post the original pictures too, so you'll be able to see what the set looks like close up.

Here's the main design of the dress for you to compare to.
http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/sash.jpg

Isn't it great when you have NO idea what to do with yourself when someone's taking a picture of you?

http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/pinkset.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/pinkfloral.jpg

http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/floralset.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/longfloral.jpg

http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/littleflowers.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/orangefloral.jpg

http://www.lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Jewelry/choker.jpg

http://lunatunahead.com/Wedding/Dresses/Me/choker.jpg

What do you think (with what little you can see)?

keenercam
06-19-2008, 12:23 PM
. . . .I'm very excited! I don't know why... maybe it's because I always hate pictures of myself. I feel like they'd capture me in just the right light, the right mood, the right... right! Did I forget to mention I'm excited?

Jennifer -- this makes me laugh because I think the pictures you've posted look great. Personally, I think I am putting WAYYY too much pressure on Randy when I think of the miracles I expect him to work. I've already told him I am the most "appearance-challenged" "bride" he'll ever photograph and I am hoping he is up to the challenge to get even 1 really good picture of me. Poor guy. Just because he was voted "Best of the Knot" for Florida doesn't mean he is a miracle worker, KWIM? :rotfl:

29apr00
06-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I like jewerly choice #2!! :thumbsup2

keenercam
06-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Re: jewelry -- Now, isn't that interesting? :) I came out totally different than I'd expected as far as what I liked. I really like the first set best in the pictures you've posted. The second set is pretty but seems "pastel" in feel to me. The last two sets seem much more "casual". Hmmmmm.... tough choice because they all are really pretty. For some reason, the first one seems to "click" with me, but you really have to decide based on the overall "feel" of the image you are trying to project. Okay, huge help, arent' I? :laughing:

alissa2008
06-19-2008, 12:35 PM
I vote #1 or #2. :thumbsup2

lpizzuro123
06-19-2008, 01:18 PM
I like #1 and #4.

Linda

bestla
06-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Oooooh all very pretty!! Way to go with unique jewelry! :thumbsup2

#4 is definitely my fave, with #1 coming in at a close second.

P.S. I LOVE the color of your hair.

jennifaerie
06-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Jennifer -- this makes me laugh because I think the pictures you've posted look great. Personally, I think I am putting WAYYY too much pressure on Randy when I think of the miracles I expect him to work. I've already told him I am the most "appearance-challenged" "bride" he'll ever photograph and I am hoping he is up to the challenge to get even 1 really good picture of me. Poor guy. Just because he was voted "Best of the Knot" for Florida doesn't mean he is a miracle worker, KWIM? :rotfl:

I'd feel the same way with Randy! It's funny how I don't necessarily feel that way with the photographer I have here in New Hampshire. I haven't really established a rapport with her (though I admit, I have tried), but the person who chose her for me swore up and down she was perfect for my personality, and I think she knows me pretty well.

jennifaerie
06-19-2008, 06:30 PM
After three days of working on it, I was finally able to remove Quicktime from my stupid laptop (stupid = Vista), and I'm now able to run Paint Shop Pro. So that is a good thing!

Bad thing: I've had a migraine for two days.

I don't know if I should voice my opinion on the jewelry yet. I don't want to influence anyone's choices, and I'm really intrigued by your answers. I guess I'll keep quiet for a little bit more. You're being *very* helpful.

I will say this, Cam-- I kinda feel the same way you do. I had a very specific opinion before I tried them on with the dress. My opinion's changed a bit now. But I only looked in the mirror with one set. I was rushing so much because I didn't want to inconvenience anyone with the picture taking and time-wasting. I suppose it's not really time-wasting if it's a decision for the wedding day.

Bestla, thank you! It's only been a month since I colored my hair, and I've got blonde streaks showing up (I hate that), so I'm very self-conscious about it. If my roots start showing up, and I have an event or a big meeting, I'll do a seven-day wash out color, but otherwise, I've been using the same color for over a decade! :) I'm sure Disney appreciates all the towel I turn pink! :rotfl:

I was going to point out my eyebrows, but I realized the way I'm holding my head, my glasses are covering them. Oops. I also lost the main picture I was going to use as my before picture.

Can you tell the past couple weeks have worn me out?

Don't know if I mentioned it, so bear with me... dad was discharged on Tuesday. I called today to see how he's doing, but no answer. I think they might be as tired of me as I am of them!

Sorry for all the subject changes in one post.

ElleBren
06-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi!

Sorry I've been MIA so much going on with planning a wedding I threw in planning my daughters 1st birthday. I'm crazy!

Ok love you in your dress. I think you just look amazing. I commend you on having a train, I couldn't do it.

On the jewelry I think that #1 is great because of the length. I also like # 3 & 4. However whatever you prefer is what you should go with.

Good luck with your dad hopefully he won't have to go back to the hospital and you can all get some sleep.

Lana

newyearsbride
06-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Eh, this is hard for me, because I love #2 and it goes perfectly with the design on your dress! But, I really wish it was red! The pinkishness doesn't match the red on the dress. So based on color I say #1, but based on which one I like better I say #2

megveg
06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
oh oh oh! for jewlery i love number 1! :)

alissa2008
06-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I get migraines too (we are really alike, aren't we?) ... they are the worst!

Glad to hear your dad was discharged -- how's he holding up at home?

(I love your hair color too! :goodvibes)

jennifaerie
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
I think my dad is well. He sent me an email (even it just was "thanks for the update. - dad"). So we'll consider him okay.

I still adore the choker. I love that darned choker. But it looks weird in the photograph. Like it doesn't look right on me. I think I need to look in the mirror with the dress, because it matches the dress the best, in terms of color.

The pink one (with the circle in the middle) tends to be most people's preferred, and it does fall nicely, and leaves room between the necklace and boddice. That's the only one I really saw on, and it was pretty.

The long one is beautiful, and I still adore those flowers in the beads, but it seems to fall too long, but still looks really nice in the picture.

The orange-y red one doesn't really go at all, so I think it's out of the picture.

So what I could do is split the three up between wedding, reception, and honeymoon shoot. Just need to decide which goes where!

I have been enjoying hearing your takes on them. All of your opinions are pretty much right on with how I feel, because of the color, length and whatnot.

I also had people tell me to take the comb into consideration too, and the floral necklaces match the comb more. But I don't know if anyone's going to notice the comb in the back of my head matching with the necklace in the front of my body. But I'm sure there's always at least one person who notices that. It won't be me, though! :)

IndyBride
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
I like the first necklace best!

jennifaerie
06-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Three months from today, I'll be married!

What a crazy thought!

It's now legal for me to pick up my wedding license!

Wow.

I spent the day doing wedding things.

- We finished adding the leaves to our bubble bottles.

- I put the songs for our video on a disc for our videographer.

- I photographed my baby pictures (scanner's broken, and I wanted to see how they'd come out). They look good!

- I wrote our vows! That was an accident. I talked to our officiant yesterday, and she asked me if I had started writing the ceremony yet.

What? Write the ceremony? I thought it was going to be some generic thing. I was fine with that. She suggested I look around online. That opened a can of worms.

So I sat down today and wrote our vows and picked out the dialog for our exchange of rings.

- I chose poems for readings.

Three months!

Mocharilla
06-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Re: The Jewelry - I like the second one best.

Re: Your Dad - Glad to hear he's home and seems okay!

Re: 3 Months and everything you did today - Yay! Whew, that's a lot to get done in one day! Makes me feel like a lazy butt. :rotfl: Aside from Jacques' swimming class, we sat here and played Wii and watched movies all day.

alissa2008
06-22-2008, 12:19 AM
glad to hear the poppas doing well!! And quit counting down, because that just means its getting closer to mine! ACK! :eek:

jennifaerie
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I also forgot to mention that we just noticed that the venue we booked went up $3/person for all their menus.

We chose this place, first and foremost, because it was the cheapest in the area. Why $3 isn't much, it's more than we wanted to pay.

What did it make us do?

Completely change our menu!

As Carrie has said, You can't screw up breakfast! So we're having a brunch. I hate breakfast, but I become more open to it when we're on vacation (Tonga Toast has a tendency to do that), so I'm actually excited about it. It's also going to save us at least $6/person. So that's very exciting!

I'll post the boring menu soon. :)

bestla
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I hate breakfast, but I become more open to it when we're on vacation (Tonga Toast has a tendency to do that), so I'm actually excited about it.

You hate breakfast? I don't know if I can continue to read the PJ of a breakfast hater. I just don't know what to think about you anymore...

:goodvibes

I think I must try this Tonga Toast everyone speaks of. It appears I've been missing out on something all these years!

jennifaerie
06-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Most breakfast foods are migraine triggers for me. Just the mere smell of bacon will send me to bed for hours. Not good.

I tend to gravitate toward pancakes (blueberries, mmm...), and those always make me feel gross (no protein), and then I get a migraine from eating carbs! :rotfl:

Tonga Toast, though... Mmm... You can get it at Captain Cook's and Kona Cafe. For our honeymoon, we booked breakfast at Kona Cafe almost every morning we're there (I had my cast member in stitches by the end of the call because she could anticipate what I was going to say before I said it). We found eating at Captain Cook's would end up being over an hour because of how long you have to wait in line. So hopefully eating at Kona will make it less stressful.

I do find that eating Tonga Toast always makes me sick, and I vow never to eat it again. And then six months go by, I go back, and I eat it again. It's a vicious cycle. Well worth it, though. :D

megveg
06-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry I havent been keepign up with the postings and stuff, i was in a car accident thursday morning early so ive beenout of it for a bit but dont worry im back!!

im glad your dad is okay and hurrah for menus! I hate breakfast too (boring no veriety) but brunch sounds fun!

lurkyloo
06-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I hate cold breakfast - cereal, toast, stale danish - yuck! But hot breakfast, OMG! I am so sorry that bacon give you migraines. I could not LIVE without bacon!

To prove to you that breakfast is not boring, I am going to gum up your PJ with the brunch menu from one of my fave restaurants, the Hungry Cat, in Hollywood.

brunch
market lettuces with egg, avocado and pecorino

brioche french toast with berries, lemon cream and toasted almonds

tweety’s herb scramble with fines herbs, jack cheese, shallots and creme fraiche

house-made chorizo and eggs with queso fresco, scallions, tortillas and romesco

dungeness crab cake benedict with cavalo nero, house-smoked bacon and hollandaise

house-cured salmon frittata with english peas, spring onions and creme fraiche

the lobster roll on a butter toasted roll with french fries

the hungry cat cobb salad with shrimp, crab, tuna and a curry vinaigrette

the pug burger with blue cheese, bacon and avocado
with a fried egg /18

sweets, cheese and dessert
scones with lemon curd

vanilla beignets with chocolate sauce

assorted cheeses with marcona almonds and honeycomb
3/12 or 5/18

chocolate bread and butter pudding

jennifaerie
06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Meg, I'm sorry about the accident. Take care yourself! That matters most!

Carrie, I'm not so sure if that menu really turned me onto breakfast, but I'm starting to at least realize that an omelet will not make my taste buds run for the hills. So I'm getting there. :lmao:

You have so much to teach me!

jennifaerie
06-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Here's the brunch menu:
Wedding Reception Brunch Menu
Assorted Pastries
Fresh Fruit Mirror with Imported Cheeses
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
Texas French Toast with Maple Syrup
Lyonnaise Potatoes
Choice of Link Sausage or Ham
Roast Top Round of Beef with Demi Glace
Roast Turkey with Cornbread Stuffing
Pasta Salad

Coffee, Decaf and Tea

Choice of Dessert:
Complimentary Ice Cream and
Topping with your Specialty Cake
Mini Pastries
Chocolate Mousse
Warm Apple Crisp with Whipped Topping
Peach Melba
(Tiramasu or Carrot Cake .95 additional)

We're thinking of adding mac and cheese, or swapping it out with pasta salad. I hate pasta salad. I hate breakfast too, but I'd rather have breakfast over pasta salad.

We need to finalize the menu within the month, so I'll be posting that at some point.

bestla
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm brunch. :goodvibes

Do you plan to have lots of little ones in attendance? In that case you are probably obligated to supply plenty of mac n cheese.

jennifaerie
06-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Pasta salad doesn't go either!

And forget about the little ones! Maybe the big ones like it more!

lpizzuro123
06-23-2008, 02:04 PM
We are also doing a brunch but I LOVE breakfast and brunch foods. Your brunch sounds great. Do you mind letting us know the per person price?

Yeah for saving money :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks,
Linda

jennifaerie
06-23-2008, 02:05 PM
It's 23.95! :) It was 20.95 before, but we we weren't considering it, so I don't feel the hike as much as I did with the other changes.

We can lock in on the price in a month.

bestla
06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes I edited my post because I saw pasta salad was already listed! That indeed does not go either. I say scrap it!

IndyBride
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Sounds like a delicious menu!! I love breakfast food. Especially French Toast. No bananas though. I can't handle bananas.

jennifaerie
06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
No bananas?! That's terrible! They used to make me sick, but I've found if I eat them with something else in my stomach, I'm usually okay. Maybe that's why Tonga Toast bothers me! (Or it could be all the sugar!) :rotfl:

lpizzuro123
06-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Great price and everything sounds wonderful.

Linda

bestla
06-24-2008, 09:49 AM
No bananas?! That's terrible! They used to make me sick, but I've found if I eat them with something else in my stomach, I'm usually okay. Maybe that's why Tonga Toast bothers me! (Or it could be all the sugar!) :rotfl:

Sugar is good for the soul!! Then again... so are bananas!!

...so is all food really.

Hmmm wonder why I'm trying to lose weight?! :rotfl2:

jennifaerie
06-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Paid the Roots (the ROOTS!)! So that is now official!

megveg
06-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Paid the Roots (the ROOTS!)! So that is now official!

all I can think of when you say the roots....

http://www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/roots-vol-i-DVDcover.jpg

jennifaerie
07-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Shockingly enough, Rob *FINALLY* asked people to be his ... something. He told them "groomsmen", but he really meant best men.

Sigh. I don't know why this was such a painful process for him. It ended up being the two people he should have asked months ago. But at least I can try to proceed with making the programs now!

29apr00
07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Men are strange when it comes to big events like this. I think it's about emotions and manliness and stuff like that. :confused3 Like asking a guy to be in your wedding is not a manly thing to do. :rolleyes: