PDA

View Full Version : LAX Area Advice

JoiseyMom
05-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Ok, we are landing at 8:30 PM in August on a Thursday. It makes sense to stay the night near by, since we are driving to Palmdale on Friday to visit one of our older kids. Then we are heading to DL.

Any nearby nice hotels with a shuttle, and I can get my rental car the next day?

Any advice welcome!!

Thanks.

jlmarr
05-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Not familiar with hotels in that area, but since nobody else has chimed in...

I went to expedia.com and asked for hotels in the LAX area, which unfortunately also gives you hotels that are quite far from LAX :( so then asked to limit the search to hotels with LAX in the name, giving some good prospects. I sorted by traveler opinion, and Hilton Garden Inn LAX - El Segundo headed the list. After actually reading the opinions I'd say you should give that one a look. Of course repeat my steps and see if any of the others work for you. :)

tofubeast
05-17-2008, 09:03 PM
There are good reviews for this hotel:

Renaissance Montura Los Angeles

Check trip advisor. I know they have a AAA rate.

Pucka1378
05-18-2008, 12:35 AM
This site might help you. All the ones they have listed are all nice looking from the outside. I have stayed at the Radisson and it was nice. Good for one nights sleep.

http://losangeles.airporthotelguide.com/

Mary Jo
05-18-2008, 03:14 AM
There are a lot of nice hotels in the area. I'll try to find the thread where I gave directions & pics of some of them. The closest hotels are the ones on Century Blvd. - Marriott, Renaissance, etc.

If you are looking for a hotel more moderately priced, you can try Residence Inn on Sepulveda, Doubletree (on Continental, I think), Hilton Garden Inn, and Courtyard by Marriott -- they all have shuttles, and I timed the drive from them to the LAX airport - it was 6 minutes.

Palmdale is about 80 miles away, and will take about 1.5-2 hours to get there.

(I just drove there a couple of weeks ago for a meeting at my work. I work in the El Segundo office, and we have another office in Palmdale)