PDA

View Full Version : I bought some cheap pins

jemilah
05-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Just got my pins from mousepinsonline.com they were pretty cheap at 1.75 each in a grab bag. we got 3 grab bags of 5 pins so we could pick 5 each. There are definatly no "keepers" in the bunch, very basic pins , but they will be great traders! All are Disney and propins , tradable for sure. I also got some locking pin backs from e-bay that I am thrilled with , I was not pleased with the ones at DL.

BumbleCake
05-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Thank you for posting this info Jemilah! Will check this site out...also the locking backs on ebay sound good too. On our trip to DL last month my DD lost her all time favorite pin (captain hook inside the crocodile's mouth). We were able to buy the pin again but I think the locking backs for the pins will be the way to go for her.

geetey
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
how long did it take for your pins to arrive? I am contemplating getting some pins but want to make sure they arrive before we leave!

TIA!

nun69
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
thanks for sharing...I will have to order some of these for my kiddos....they LOVE to trade and this will be PERFECT for them to take on our trip in Aug!!!:cool1:

Queenbillabong
05-19-2008, 01:57 PM
FYI - you have have problems with the Pro-Pins:

- Can I trade the Sedesma or Pro-Pins I purchased in “lots” with Disney Cast Members or with the Pin Traders?

* It has been rumored from time to time that Disney Cast Members will no longer be allowed to accept either Sedesma Pins or Pro-Pins. If you purchase these pins you are certainly taking a risk that they will not be accepted by the Cast Members.

* It is highly unlikely that you will find any Pin Trader who will accept either a Sedesma or a Pro-Pin in trade.

- What about the Sedesma and Pro-Pins that are offered for sale in bulk?

* Sedesma Pins are produced in Spain. While an officially licensed Disney product, they are cheaply made and immediately identifiable by their poor appearance and poor quality.

* Pro-Pins are licensed Disney Pins from Germany. They are very small, enamel pins. They are not as poor as Sedesma in terms of quality but they are far from the same caliber as the typical Disney Pin.

I know that I will not trade for either Sedesma or Pro-Pins (at least not knowingly)...... (this is from the Pin Trading Guide at DizziPinz.com)

jemilah
05-19-2008, 02:56 PM
I recieved the pins is 3 days!

jemilah
05-19-2008, 03:18 PM
http://disney.go.com/eventservices/howtopintrade.pdf
here are some rules from disney

pixiewings71
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
CM's will trade for Pro Pins. We buy from Mousepinsonline almost every trip and we have never had any problems trading them. We always buy big lots though, we are all 4 avid traders so it's always great to have pins to trade. We get a huge selection and we all take turns picking from the bag, then we trade amongst ourselves and then we trade with CM's or others at the parks.
Just an FYI, not everyone is a snob about pin trading, I've willingly traded away "good" pins for Sedesma and Pro Pins, it's all about what I like. If you have something I like I'll trade, if you don't I'll still consider your trade because I can always trade away what you have.

Also, Mousepins ships fast, I usually have my order in about 3 days.

Queenbillabong
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't think it's being a snob at all. If I buy Disney pins and pay for Disney pins, I certainly don't want to get lesser quality, cheap pins in return. There is a big issue with pins from eBay - although I have bought many, many pins from eBay - I just make sure I buy from a reputable dealer who sells only true Disney pins.

jemilah
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
me too if I like it then thats whet I will get! if you take the trading too serious it is not fun anymore.

Queenbillabong
05-19-2008, 06:59 PM
There are debates on this subject everywhere. The truth is - you didn't buy the pins because that's what you like. You bought them because you want to trade them. You said it yourself, not a keeper in the bunch. I was just pointing out that most pin traders will not accept these as trades. FWIW - I'm not telling you what to do, just giving you the point of view of someone else who likes collecting and trading Disney pins.

pixiewings71
05-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree with Jemilah, when people take it too seriously it's not fun. Pin trading is supposed to be fun.

CM's will trade for Pro Pins, I trade them all the time and I do keep the pins I like, as I said, even Pro Pins and Sedesma (I actually traded with CM's for the Sedesmas). Pins purchased from Mousepins are perfectly fine for trading, in fact I've never got a scrapper from them but I have from eBay and from CM's. It shouldn't matter where I buy my traders, as long as they are real and mine are. I do buy from eBay, I have a couple of sellers that have given me good stuff so I buy from them, I've also received plenty of fakes from eBay and avoid those sellers. That's my point of view, from someone who likes collecting and trading Disney pins. :)

jencav5
05-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't think it's being a snob at all. If I buy Disney pins and pay for Disney pins, I certainly don't want to get lesser quality, cheap pins in return. There is a big issue with pins from eBay - although I have bought many, many pins from eBay - I just make sure I buy from a reputable dealer who sells only true Disney pins.

I bought a lot of 200 on eBay at Christmas for the kids. I just went with a seller with a good rep that said no Sedesma/ProPins, etc.... We were very happy with what we got! There were many pins that the kids didn't even want to trade, but there were lots of duplicates, so they still had plenty of trading! I'm definately going to buy some more. :)

pxlbarrel
05-20-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm with Queenbillabong here. I want to collect pins that I can trade without problems. If I'm buying pins in order that I can trade with them, I want to make sure I'm not buying the wrong pins. I'm not a serious pin trader by far either. Just somebody who wants to follow the rules and not receive a pin that I can't trade later. If you're trading the Sedesma and Propins because a CM isn't vigilant or what not, there's a likelihood that I, an inexperienced pin trader, is going to end up with it. I don't want that to happen. (sure sure, I may like the pin but maybe I want to trade it for a pin I like even better... and then find out I can't?)

stacymomof2
05-20-2008, 08:32 AM
I purchased a lot from mousepinsonline (Great customer service by the way!)

I had never even seen disney pins before. We got some propins and some "real" ones. After looking at the two different pins, you can see the quality of the real ones. Now I have a Lady & a Tramp that are both propins, and I really like them so I didn't trade (not sure if I traded at all...sure did buy a lot!!)

My DH really got into trading, same with my younger dd....I will try to get the "real" ones from now on, seeing the difference myself.

My DD loved trading and traded for what she wanted. She traded a "real" one for a propin and didn't even care...of course she is 7 and just knew what she liked! As she gets older, I'll try to get her to be a little more careful.

Either way, it's fun and my family loved it! We got to talk to so many people by trading.

boiseflyfisher
05-20-2008, 09:36 AM
We try to stay away from Propins. At the DTD store one of the CMs gave my daughter a Propin because my daughter liked it and she said that they weren't supposed to accept them. I've also heard the CM at PTFlea say the same thing about Sedesmas. We buy our traders from pin traders on dizpins. They run a little more $2.15-2.25 a pin, but we get a ton of great pins including Hidden Mickeys and a few Limited Edition pins.

pixiewings71
05-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Sedesmas are not supposed to be tradable, Pro Pins are fine, we aren't pulling anything on the CM's because we aren't "supposed" to trade Pro Pins, they are 100% tradeable with CM's in the parks. And really, if you're buying your traders from eBay or Mousepins you're not losing money on your pins, whether you keep them or not. You don't have to trade if you don't want to. :) As I said, I've seen some really nice Pro Pins and kept them, from lots I've bought and I've traded with CM's too. Sedesmas are the big no-no's, they are 100% not tradable, but as I said, I've taken 2 from CM's that I've liked, I've also pointed out others on CM's lanyards and they had no idea they were Sedesmas. You definitely can tell the difference, I should take pics and post them here so you guys can all see the difference.

And Queenbillabong, I just wanted to say that I wasn't calling you a snob. I reread my post and realized it might have come off that way and it was not my intention. :) I apologize if I've offended you. :)

fyi, If you would like to know who I've had good luck with on eBay please send me a PM, I'm happy to share my eBay find with anyone! :)