PDA

View Full Version : How many Days?

6Smiles
05-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi and TIA for any help you can give. We have to scale back our vacation due to the economy. So how many days do you recommend to see it all at a relaxing pace? We are going off season and are doing at least a Friday so we can catch fantasmic and fireworks. The other thing is according to reports Most of PP in DCA will be closed in late September.

IASWAM
05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
You could scale it back to 2, maybe 3 weeks, tops.:rotfl: Just kidding. I would probably want to go 3-4 days at the minimum. That would leave 2-3 days in DL, 1-2 days in CA. :thumbsup2

NWPrincess
05-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Can you give me the source for when PP in DCA is going to be closed? We will be at DLR from 9/15-9/19 and want to make sure it is not going on while we are there.

As to your question, we are doing 4 days (T-F) to make sure we can take everything slow. I think you can do it in 3, not sure about 2, it all depends on the crowds, etc.

6Smiles
05-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Can you give me the source for when PP in DCA is going to be closed? We will be at DLR from 9/15-9/19 and want to make sure it is not going on while we are there.

As to your question, we are doing 4 days (T-F) to make sure we can take everything slow. I think you can do it in 3, not sure about 2, it all depends on the crowds, etc.

I got this info off of Micechat. DCA Project Tracker board. Sorry Don't mean to upset anyone:confused3 :love: !

ironpig70
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
last trip we did both parks in 4 days this was with twin 2 year olds and a 6 year old. and many of the bigger rides we did twice so mom and dad both could take our 6 year old. as long as you open the park and close it you should be fine.

JenDisneylandlver
05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I'd say 3 days is the minimum for a relaxing pace.

disneychrista
05-16-2008, 03:45 PM
3 days, 2 only if you HAVE to.

Sleepless Knight
05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
In my opinion, you need two full days to completely and properly experience Disneyland. As for DCA, here's my opinion. To hit the highlights, it's really only a half day park, less if you've done Soarin' and Tower of Terror at WDW, where Soarin' is the same and Tower is a not as nice in DCA. If you really want to hit all of DCA you could do it in a day.

My take: You can do it all in 3 days. Doing the highlights only of DCA leaves you with an extra half day or so to revisit favorites in both parks. For a more relaxed pace, four is probably your most ideal, leaving you with an entire day to either revisit your favorites or just soak up the atmosphere. Disneyland itself is imbued with a special charm that comes I believe from having Walt Disney's personal touch. There is no place else like Disneyland in the world(and that includes the wonderful WDW).

Jagdcarcajou
05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Heya,

I would say 3 days for a relaxing pace. If you are taking small children there is more to do in DCA (Bug's Land and all that), but if not, half a day is all that is necessary. Keep in mind the lines for Toy Story Mania could be fairly long, and if you plan to catch Alladin that eats up 45 minutes all by itself.

Two days in Disneyland is ideal for catching all the attractions without having to go commando through the park. Clever Fast-Passing should allow you to catch most of your favorites at least once, and still not have to scurry.

Chris

Sleepless Knight
05-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Aladdin is definitely one of the highlights in DCA. Well worth doing. As a side note, however many days you choose to go with, make sure you take the time to really experience the charm of Disneyland. Notice the way the pavement changes when you enter one land from another. Check out the elaborate window displays in the Emporium. It can be too easy to be in such a hurry to do everything that you overlook the small things(and there are many others).

julezdisney
05-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Def. a minimum of 3 days. I've done 2-1/4 (arriving around 3pm) on my first trip and I def. think that we missed a lot of DLR. We did that first late afternoon/evening in DLR, the second day in DCA, and returned to the park for a full day on day 3. You def. need a FULL 3 days. 4 to take it all in completely and really take in all the charming and different details that make it unique from WDW.

Check out my PTR! The link is in my sig- we're going within weeks of one another! :cutie:

Heather1101
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
I would suggest 4 days. We did 3 days the last time we went, and we all decided that 4 days would be perfect. We like to take midday breaks and swim or nap, so 4 days would allow you to leisurely tour the parks, have some hotel/pool time, and give you extra time to have a couple sit down meals. We used to be commando park people and could do it all in 2 days, but we find we enjoy the vacation and the parks so much more when you have time to relax and just take it all in instead of running around all stressed out from open until close every day.