PDA

View Full Version : CAr rental worht it which company??

perdy1234
05-16-2008, 09:04 AM
We leave tomorrow for DL :) We are thinking about renting a car to go to the beaches, san diego knott;s and whatever. DO people think that its worth it? What is a recommended car company?

bluegrizzlies1
05-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Priceline it name your own price. Look to where you want to go and see how much car rentals are then go to priceline and bid under that price I would say 10 bucks less a day and see what happens.

RuthieT
05-16-2008, 09:30 AM
we did princeline for our trip in December and we were able to get a rental car for $125 for 6 days.

JenDisneylandlver
05-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Yes, if you plan on doing more things like that, it's very much worth it! We usually drive to DL, so I'm used to having a car anyway. But it also comes in handy to get different things to eat too. No car means smaller options.

We're renting a car through Alamo, it was the cheapest I could find.

Cinderlala
05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
We always rent a car, so I definitely think it's worth it. However, I went to school in So.Cal., so I always like to go back to my old haunts. And I have family members out there to see, so a car is important.

It's always good to have your own transportation! :thumbsup2

As far as which company, none are universally liked, but you'd probably be fine with most of the well-known agencies. We've rented from several at LAX & SNA with very few snags.

hlbtimes2
05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
We like having a rental car so we can go to the store and get to the hotel/ airport on our schedule not someone elses. We typically rent from alamo and have had good luck. I always look for discount codes from costco or entertainment book. Our last rental was from Thursday thru Monday. It was $58 including all taxes and fees. We dont get the insurance as we have some coverage using our visa and our own insurance.

perdy1234
05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
We have always got the car insurance from the rental company. But it is so expensive. Has anyone ever had hassle not getting it? We are covered through our car insurance at home as well as our credit cards for rentals. How much hassle is it if somehting does happen to the car?

tortugaverde
05-16-2008, 01:02 PM
We have always got the car insurance from the rental company. But it is so expensive. Has anyone ever had hassle not getting it? We are covered through our car insurance at home as well as our credit cards for rentals. How much hassle is it if somehting does happen to the car?

I never get the insurance. Do you have car insurance on your own vehicle? If so, call your car insurance company and ask what your coverage is on a rental. *Most* insurance companies cover your rental the same as your own vehicle. So, if you get in an accident... you just call your car insurance company and they take care of it as they would any other accident claim.

Just my two cents on the matter;)

perdy1234
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I called our insurance company and they do cover a rental the same as our car. Thanks again!

JenDisneylandlver
05-16-2008, 01:52 PM
We don't get the insurance either. Our car insurance company covers it. It's never been a problem.

I also got $20 off with a coupon in the entertainment book. That came in handy! For renting a mid size car it came to $134 with tax and everything. Not too bad. Might have gotten it cheaper had I not waited to late on that one!

perdy1234
05-16-2008, 01:54 PM
just wondering if there are any fellow dis members from canada and possible Saskatchewan that have rented car without buying insurance?