PDA

View Full Version : Back home from quick unplanned trip

silence
05-16-2008, 08:22 AM
We had a great trip. Drove down Sunday, parks Mon/Tues, drove home Weds. Took 99 home for the first time, gave us more to look at, timed it right, not too much traffic.

We've decided we are now masters of the quick trip. ;) We only really need 2 days to get our "fix" and get everything done we really want.

Monday it rained....well...heavey drizzle....in the morning. It kept some folks back at the hotel for a while, the park really was empty.

Tuesday was perfect park weather, more crowds, but hey, we were at Disneyland.

Saw 2 people actually getting sick in the park. That was new. YUCK! :scared:

No dreams for us this trip, but, noticed that we saw a lot more hats/pins than fast passes compared to our last trip during spring break, where fast passes were THE thing (we won them twice last trip).

After 2 days, my feet don't hurt nearly as bad as walking around for 3-5 days.

Saw the new monorail, it looks so pretty, can't wait til we can all ride it.

Saw the new Toy Story Mania shop, not much in there.

I only bought 1 souvenier....a new shirt.....since I purposely forgot to pack one. Didn't even buy the kids anything, I think they must have everything already!

Planning at least 1 more trip before the AP's expire in Sept. I think we will go at end of August before kiddos head back to school.

Cinderlala
05-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a great trip!!

Sometimes the quick, unplanned trips are the best!:thumbsup2

Dizneydaz
05-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. We were there on the 14th and I took a few pix of the new monorail-it looks so cool! :cool1:

Our AP expire June 12 so I'm hoping to get at least one more trip in. Probably early on a Sun. a.m. DD8 just went back to school yesterday-our school district is year round and her next break is in Sept.-WDW here we come again! :goodvibes

dizneekrazee
05-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Sounds like you had a great time:thumbsup2 Cant wait for my turn!!

wendylady36
05-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Next time you should bring me. :rotfl2:

The drive is such a pain to me. I did a quick trip to Disneyland where I left on a Thursday morning and came back Friday evening. I did all the driving and I have no idea how I managed to stay awake with my friend in the car with me snoring away.

Yay for you though! I love trips to Disneyland no matter how long they are!

pixiewings71
05-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh ya, quick trips rock! We do that all the time, leave Friday after work, do Sat. and Sun. leave Sun. afternoon, home for work on Monday. We usually do I5 all the way because of where we are (12-5 is quick and easy, we are about a minute from 12). With the 5 construction though we may be taking 99, so that was OK? How long did it take?

Glad you had fun...I want to have fun this weekend...LOL I'm such a whiner. :)

MiaBanda
05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I'll be doing my first "quick trip" on June 13! The drive doesn't bother me, but I was worried about the I5 closures since that's the route we like to take. But I checked out their website and :woohoo: All lanes will be open on the 13th and then only the southbound lanes will be closed when we are come northbound on the 15th! Yeah! I'm so glad we are going again in August for a real trip though. One day in the park just doesn't seem like enough! But it's really only a quick trip to do the triathlon on Sunday anyway! And it's DL...how can we not have fun!

ministrychick77
05-31-2008, 02:43 AM
i love driving from up here... we usually leave around midnight or so.. get to anaheim right around sunrise.. it's beautiful!

no traffic.. it's calm.. if you've got other people in the car they generally sleep..

best time to drive down there..

sounds like you had fun!

silence
05-31-2008, 09:13 AM
I have always been too afraid to drive that late at night. However, I am a total car "sleeper" so I can easily sleep in the car. We did leave around 7pm once, got to the hotel around 2am, that was pretty rough on us.

Mary Jo
05-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Sounds like you had a really nice time. I bet it was great on that drizzly morning with less people in the parks.

amyamya
05-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey fellow Sac metro DISers :wave:

I think we are going to try 99 this time, if DH lets me. More comfort stops. I loved hearing about your quick trip!

Mom2micayla
05-31-2008, 11:40 AM
I'll be doing my first "quick trip" on June 13! The drive doesn't bother me, but I was worried about the I5 closures since that's the route we like to take. But I checked out their website and :woohoo: All lanes will be open on the 13th and then only the southbound lanes will be closed when we are come northbound on the 15th!

We're doing a very quick trip on June 10th-12th too. :)

Where is I5 closed at? We'll be coming Northbound from San Diego on the 10th and Southbound on the 12th. I'm wondering if we'll be effected? Can you tell me what site you're looking at to see the closures?

pixiewings71
05-31-2008, 12:15 PM
5 is closed in Sacramento, you will have no worries on your end.

Mom2micayla
05-31-2008, 01:22 PM
5 is closed in Sacramento, you will have no worries on your end.

Ah, ok. Thanks so much.:goodvibes I was worried I'd have to change our travel route. I hate taking I-10.

JadeDarkstar
05-31-2008, 01:52 PM
oh cool ya were thinking if we got a small car we could drive to dl alot more on the spear of the moment. its really only 6 to 8hours from where we are.
quick trips seem better then the long trips from everything ive been reading.
glade you had fun

JenDisneylandlver
05-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Sounds like you had fun! Not fun seeing people get sick though, yuck! Hope it was just from being on a ride, and that there isn't anything going around down there!

We used to run down for quick weekends when we lived in the Bay Area. That was always fun. Now just too far of a drive for that. That and I have a hard time just staying for 2 days. LOL