PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Pin Odyssey

keishashadow
05-16-2008, 08:06 AM
didn't see a thread, thought i'd post...

i received Disney Rewards Summer 2008 newsletter, in it they discuss both the Pixar Play Parade &

Mickey's Pin Odyssey - Beginning June 20, 2008

Join Mickey's Pin Odyssey from June 20 through August 10 at the Disneyland Resort. Start with a specially designed lanyard starter set, then check out the special Pin Trading Board Carts - one in Disneyland Park, one in Disney's CA Adventure Park and one in Downtown Disney District - to find pins to add to your collection. For more info visit DisneyPins.com

Pin Trading Board Carts
Guests will find some of their pin collection dreams come true at our Pin Trading Board Carts.
The Trading Boards will be open for a limited time each day at the following locations:
*Frontierland (near Westward Ho Trading Co.) in Disneyland Park 10AM to 2PM
*Golden State (near PT Flea Market) in Disney's CA Adventure park 2PM to 6PM
*Disney Pin Traders in the Downtown Disney District 6PM to 10PM
:thumbsup2

Cinderlala
05-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Very interesting! Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

pixiewings71
05-16-2008, 11:33 AM
This is what got us addicted to pin trading and ultimately led to our AP purchases. LOL DBF is a pin trader, he loves it!! Well really, we all do but he's really into it. :) It started with the cart in DCA, then it will went downhill (not really) from there. LOL They are doing a day camp thing too but it's sold out already! And no, we aren't doing the day camp, it's on the 21st and Brad Paisley is in town! LOL :)

brenda1966
05-16-2008, 11:38 AM
So, does this mean if you have a pin you don't particularly like, you can go to one of these trading boards and just trade it for one there??

DD has 3 different pins people have given to her (one from a CM, one from a random lady standing in line, and one from me), but she doesn't have a lanyard and probably wouldn't wear one. I think she might enjoy trading one of these pins.

pixiewings71
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
She can trade those pins to any CM wearing the lanyards, to the CM's with the books or the boards when they go up.

keishashadow
05-16-2008, 06:49 PM
i think it's a great idea:thumbsup2 especially if you'll be leaving the park in the evening thru DTD

trying to invision as to whether they'll have an assortment of traders on a "board", perhaps sim to set ups @ WDW...

1) At many resorts, in lieu of CMs trading with guests, they have binders full of pins and you just show it to one of the CMs there & trade

or

2) DTD; near the pin shop they have private vendors who set up outside:confused3

just thought of this, @ WDW CMs don't care if you trade pins from DL or even Paris park, etc; is policy the same @ DL (as long as no sedesma junk)?popcorn::

pixiewings71
05-16-2008, 09:10 PM
You can trade any pin at the DL resort, as long as it's got the copyright on the back. They aren't supposed to take Sedesma but I have 2 pins from CM's that are Sedesmas, I like them so I traded for them, it was my choice I knew they were Sedesmas but I wanted them. :)

And yes, they have the books (binders you called them) in DL and DTD and in DCA but currently only on weekends. :)

Sleepless Knight
05-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Last year's summer pin event resulted in one of my all time favorite pins. It was Mickey and Minnie reenacting the kiss from my all time favorite Disney movie, Sleeping Beauty. There was no way I could pass that one up. I wonder what they're going to release this year.

keishashadow
05-17-2008, 05:14 PM
You can trade any pin at the DL resort, as long as it's got the copyright on the back. They aren't supposed to take Sedesma but I have 2 pins from CM's that are Sedesmas, I like them so I traded for them, it was my choice I knew they were Sedesmas but I wanted them. :)

And yes, they have the books (binders you called them) in DL and DTD and in DCA but currently only on weekends. :)

PigletGurl
05-17-2008, 09:11 PM
This sounds like fun! and just in time for my trip!

Dukland
05-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Hooray!! Our first day in DL is the 20th!