PDA

View Full Version : Your experience with bedrails and/or pack-n-plays?

Dallas_Lady
05-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Here was my experience with bedrails at CBR:

We noted that we needed bedrails on our reservation. We reminded them at check in (we check in around noon). We called and called all day until they finally arrived after 10pm. I asked the CM if he could install them, he said "No, you are supposed to do that." Well, we didn't know how (DD still slept in a crib) it was late and the bedrails were filthy anyway. So, we didn't use them. I just had DH push the bed against the wall and I slept with DD to keep her contained.

I am wondering if this type of experience was just our bad luck, or does this happen more often than not? We will have two little ones on our next trip and I am dreading having to fight to get bedrails or a pack-n-play so they can sleep without falling out of bed.

spiceycat
05-15-2008, 12:17 PM
boy that was awfully - write to Disney - this shouldn't have happened.

the only time our party needed them - they were installed on the beds when they checked in at POR.

of course they installed both on one bed - my brother moved them one on each bed...

two-foxes
05-15-2008, 12:29 PM
We used the pack n play during our stay at SSR in December. Although it seemed to be clean, I still wiped it down and also brought our own sheets for it as well.

Ratpack
05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
We have used the pack and plays several times with no issues. They were always clean, at least as clean as I would expect from hotel property. I would definately say something about being that late, but not sure about them installing them. If they install them and for whatever reason your child gets hurt, they could be held liable, that may be why they said you needed to install them. Just a thought.

Tiffany_MommyOf3
05-15-2008, 02:18 PM
We ordered a pack n play and bedrails last year... had a problem getting them and finally after hours of calling, they arrived lol.. the man set up the playpen and put the mickey sheet on (which my son loved) and then wouldnt put the bedrails on but the bedrails were disgusting and broken.. we didnt use them (they wouldnt have held my kid in anyways since it was broke on one end) so we just put the kids in between myself and my mom and my husband slept with one kid and had his arm around her... fun fun

this next trip the only one im worried about falling out of bed would be my 2 yr old (hes the only one who sleeps in a crib) so we are just ordering the pack n play with our reservation... and getting a suite so there are more beds.. im tired of vacationing and having 3-4 people per queen size bed LMAO

abcboys
05-15-2008, 03:33 PM
We got a pack and play for DS when we were there last week. We asked upon arrival and it was in our room within an hour or so. It was clean and there was a sheet with it. This was at Pop.

nemofans
05-15-2008, 04:01 PM
When we were at DL when DS was 6 mos old, we used the packnplay. It looked fine, but I did bring my own sheet for it.
We had a good experience w/a bedrail at AKL recently. Once we checked in & got to our room, I called for a bedrail to be sent up. We only needed one b/c I would be sleeping w/DS2.5 on his other side. A very nice CM brought it soon after the call & set it up for me. I had read previously from these boards about the bedrails not being clean, so I checked it carefully & it was clean & in working condition. We used it our whole stay.
I am surprised the CM refused to install in on the bed.

TigrLvsPooh
05-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Getting bedrails at WDW has been a nightmare for us on many occasions. Even though we ALWAYS put them on our reservation with CRO they are never there when we check-in. So I always call housekeeping as soon as we get to our room and then it usually takes HOURS to get them, if you can even get them at all. :sad2: I had to get into a screaming match with a CM at OKW a few years ago after waiting several hours for bedrails that we had requested over and over... finally at midnight I told him that if my child fell out of the bed I would be suing him personally. Wouldn't you know that bedrails came up within about 10 minutes. :lmao: The man who brought them said he went over to the GF to get them. Hey, whatever it takes!! ;) If I lived in Orlando I think I'd open my own crib, bedrail, stroller, rental company. :laughing:

TigrLvsPooh
05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Another story... one time at the GF we had made a special request to have a real crib instead of a pack-n-play because our DS at the time was only about 3 months old and I was afraid he'd suffocate in a mushy pack-n-play bottom. I really wanted him to have a firm mattress. (yes this was my first child!) :lmao: So anyway, I checked and double checked that we could get one, I was told "no problem" several times, but of course once we got there we had no crib. :sad2: And it took about 3-4 calls to housekeeping before they could find a real crib at about 10:00 at night. :scared: Why does it always take HOURS to find these things? And why when you request something like this on your reservation don't they already have one set aside and waiting for you? It boggles my mind. Thank goodness my kids are older now. ;)

bigbabyblues
05-15-2008, 05:11 PM
We haven't needed bedrails (yet), but we've never had any problems with the Pack and Plays. At ASMo, we requested a different room than we were assigned to at check-in, and we had to call and ask for one; it came in about 10 minutes. At CBR, I asked at check-in and the CM was setting it up in the room when we got there.

mmmears
05-15-2008, 05:19 PM
We needed bed rails for 2 of our trips in 1999 & 2000. At both hotels, on both trips, the rails were either already in our room when we arrived or were brought immediately upon request and installed. It sounds like this service has gone way downhill. Sorry to hear it, and sorry for those of you with little ones who need them.:sad1:

letsgoagainsoon
05-15-2008, 10:05 PM
We have had both bed rails and a pak-n-play in our room. The bed rails were not installed when we checked in. They were just leaning against the wall. When I went to put them on, they looked dirty, so we never used them. I just pushed the bed against the wall.

I didn't use the pak-n-play either. It was already in our room at check in, but I'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe;)

julm26
05-15-2008, 10:11 PM
got them right away at POP and they installed them too, no problem

BuzzandAriel'smom
05-16-2008, 07:06 AM
We had no problem getting one at Pop. The guy was right there after we called. He offered to install it but we kenw how. At AKL it was waiting for us in our room. We didn't need one last year at CBR but we did need our refridgerator worked on and our groceries delivered and it took them hours. I had to call 4 times. I think that since that resort is so big they get kind of laxed on their hospitality because they KNOW you are not going to walk yourself down there to complain. That was my experience.

averill94
05-16-2008, 07:33 AM
No problems here...

2004- Pack n play in room - no problem

2006- forgot to request rail and they brought it over right away. (I never thought about asking them to install it, I just put it in the bed)

2007 - requested rail on ressie and voila! It was ther upon check in!

sherabby
05-16-2008, 07:54 AM
We had requested a bed rail for my 7 year old son because the beds at the CBR were very high off the floor. At home we still have bed rails. We had to get the rail at the desk when we checked in. It wasn't dirty but it wasn't going to work for a 7 year old either. The rail that was provided was a cheap plastic one and my son kicked it out almost every single night of our stay. We couldn't move our bed as it seemed to be attached to the wall. One night he actually knocked the phone off the night stand. He moves a lot in his sleep!

scoop
05-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Is the pack n play their crib - or do they have two different units? We requested a crib for CSR - does this mean pack n play? If so are the pack n plays big enough for a 2 year old without being too restricted? Is the cushioning on the mattress OK?

nemofans
05-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes, the pack n play is considered the crib. A 2 yr old may be too big to sleep in it depending on the size of your toddler. When my DS was 19 mos old, I did used it to keep him in it while I showered, but he didn't sleep in it. The pack N play doesn't have a mattress. It's more like padding.

annie1995
05-16-2008, 03:02 PM
We too waited for hours for our bed rail. It appeared clean, but i still wrapped a blanket from home around it anyways:rolleyes1

Mrs. Toaster
05-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I know it's been mentioned here before, but I would highly recommend A Baby's Best Friend (www.abbf.com). They rent wonderful, full-size cribs, along with strollers and other items. Check them out!

abcboys
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
My 2 year old slept fine in his pack and play (he will be 3 in July) He's still in a crib here at home and I was worried it would be small but he slept good in it.