PDA

View Full Version : Help with OKW Please??

jjgreulich
03-31-2002, 07:44 AM
We are staying at OKW (our first trip home) in June and I could use some advice on requesting a building. My wife and I have a 21 month old daughter and we are staying in a 1BR and would like to stay near a bus stop, preferably on the first floor. Can someone out there recommend a building meeting this request. This resort looks great, but also very very large and could be overwhelming with a small child, stroller ect. Any and all advice or past experiences (good or bad) are welcome. Thanks in advance.

John

Macnjac87
03-31-2002, 08:51 AM
Hi-
On our first "visit Home" we stayed in Building 17, room 1711, it was a ground floor, one bedroom villa. The view from the patio was of the golf course with the pond and fountain in the background. The bus stop was about 1 minutes walk, very close, Hospitality House, main pool, etc was about 5 minutes walk, and we parked right outside the unit. The quiet pool was next to building 19, so it was just a quick hop away and indeed, very quiet with a nice hot tub too!! Let me know if you have any other questions!!
7 days to go!!!

yesdisneyfool
03-31-2002, 09:12 AM
We like being near the HH, so we request buildings 62 or 63. both buildings have a great view.

Here is a link to the resort map for OKW. You can see the layout and get a good idea where you'd like to be.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.jpg

ncligs
03-31-2002, 09:18 AM
jjgreulich,

We always request bldg 14 or 13 , it is the closest 2 bldgs to the HH and the main pool, make sure you request non-smoking on your request also. Call your guide 3-4 days before you leave for OKW, he will call or fax in your request also to make sure you get it.;)

yesdisneyfool
03-31-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ncligs
jjgreulich,

Call your guide 3-4 days before you leave for OKW, he will call or fax in your request also to make sure you get it.;)

Tell me more about this. What guide?

ncligs
03-31-2002, 09:25 AM
yesdisneyfool,

If you are a DVC member, it is the person(DVC Guide) you bought your initial puchase of points off of. We always do this and have not been let down yet. Even though we make reservations 11 months out, we still call our guide 4 days before we go "home".:D

spiceycat
03-31-2002, 12:55 PM
Make your request for near the Bus Stop, 1st floor, non-smoking (you want to be near the Bus stop not on it - too noisy) - I also ask for near a quiet pool and a water view.

the views are water, golf course and woods.

I happen to love building 18. but that is my choice others might not like it.

You can also fax it in your request - you fax it to the room controller