PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, another Getawaytoday question for you

4Ollies
05-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I think I have read on the boards that if you buy your tickets from getaway that you receive a voucher, not the actual tickets, in the mail, then you use the voucher to pick up tickets at the park. Is that correct? I may not have looked in the right place on their website but I can't find the answer.

You all would have laughed at my "we are only going to Disney once" DH last night. This is our third trip to Disney, first to DL, and WDW planned for January LOL. We were discussing tickets and I told him about getaway having two MM and he wanted to know why I hadn't bought them already! :lmao: Only true Disney nuts would understand.

mystic_path
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
I personally LOVE and will only get my tix through GAT and so this is how it works. It doesnt matter when you buy your tickets, it can be the day of that you leave for your vacation. What you do is this

1. Purchase your tickets either online (Set up an account), or by calling GAT and give them your email address. You have to pay by credit card obviously.

2. After its paid for a confirmation will be sent to your email address (Receipt of purchase) You can but do not have to print this out. I would recommend it just in case, but its not necessary. A voucher is not sent in the mail, however a 2nd receipt of purchase is and that can take about 2 weeks to get to you, but then again you do not need that reciept to get your tickets from Disneyland. GAT sends Disneyland an electronic message saying the tix have been paid for by you so when you arrive, they are to give you the tickets.

3. Go to Disneyland's ticket booth at the gates, and tell them you purchased tickets through GAT and they will ask for a piece of ID and the credit card you purchased your tickets with. They look it up on their computer that way and give you the tickets with no hassle.

Its so nice cause like I said, you buy your tickets through GAT the day that you leave on your trip because its all electronically done that its basically hassle free.

4Ollies
05-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks! It's nice to know others have used them and are happy.

The good thing is I can't forget to pack the tickets! I always have nightmares about leaving tickets to something at home.

mystic_path
05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
:rotfl: No thats the glorious part about it, you cant have those night mares we all have before our trips that something goes wrong.

I cant say enough about GAT I know you will be thrilled. Their customer service is fantastic, their prices are amazing and you cant just "forget to bring the tickets". Over all I give this a 5 star company.

avalon451
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
You all would have laughed at my "we are only going to Disney once" DH last night. This is our third trip to Disney, first to DL, and WDW planned for January LOL. We were discussing tickets and I told him about getaway having two MM and he wanted to know why I hadn't bought them already! :lmao: Only true Disney nuts would understand.

:lmao:
I'm taking DD13 for a "do over" trip, just she and I, in October, because she was so sick for our very first DL trip in March. I was pretty well informed from all my reading and research the first time... but this time, after hanging out on the boards so much, I know so many obscure little tips and tricks. Just the other night I mentioned to DH that I'd ordered our parkhoppers. He asked if I'd gotten them from Disney travel company, and I explained that no, they were just as cheap from GAT, and that I had a discount code to waive the processing fee... and thereby was able to get 2 magic mornings instead of just one. That, combined with the Ent rate at HoJos, cheap airfare... he just stood there with his mouth open and said, "That's amazing! Where are you getting all this stuff?!" He knows I'm obsessed with the DIS, and I think he's glad! :rotfl:

jemilah
05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Me too! With the $ I have saved with the ent rate and podcast code I learned from the DIS we can go more then once this year and we are buying AP's too!
do you get anything else with the parkhoppers? I have seen a post that said you still get a pin and lanyard but don't see it mentioned above. Not the end of the world if we don't but if we do , it's one more pin we can trade!:thumbsup2

mystic_path
05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Me too! With the $ I have saved with the ent rate and podcast code I learned from the DIS we can go more then once this year and we are buying AP's too!
do you get anything else with the parkhoppers? I have seen a post that said you still get a pin and lanyard but don't see it mentioned above. Not the end of the world if we don't but if we do , it's one more pin we can trade!:thumbsup2

Yes that is a great point. Thanks for reminding me :) When booking your tix like Jemilah said say that you know the "Promotion" code which is PODCAST and they wave the $10 handling fee.

tortugaverde
05-15-2008, 01:50 PM

When I booked with them in March, we got a lanyard and pin per person. We also got a photo album, black with mickey on the front. I do have to say, many of the CM's already had our GAT pins on... so it was difficult to trade. They were Pluto laying on a cloud that said Disneyland. Perhaps they have switched to a new one now though:)

bumbershoot
05-15-2008, 01:55 PM
When I booked with them in March, we got a lanyard and pin per person. We also got a photo album, black with mickey on the front. I do have to say, many of the CM's already had our GAT pins on... so it was difficult to trade. They were Pluto laying on a cloud that said Disneyland. Perhaps they have switched to a new one now though:)

You booked a package, yes? Not just tickets?

tortugaverde
05-15-2008, 02:02 PM
You booked a package, yes? Not just tickets?

Oops, yep... I did book a package. I did not read the OP's question very well, did I?

jemilah
05-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I tend to read like that too!