PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide!

auntyjenn
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I know there's been a number of Character Breakfast threads, but I still can't decide. We did Goofy's last time and it was fun because the kids all got to dance around at times, but I've been reading that the food is a lot better at Lilo and Stitch or Storytellers. I just wonder if there will be enough characters to keep the kids happy at either of those (That's why we're going in the first place). One other thing- Goofy's is $4 more per person. Hmm, what do you think?

One other other thing: Do any of these places do characters at dinner, or is it just the breakfast?

thank you thank you :wave:

Califgirl
05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I love the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast. There is lots of character interaction, the kids all get up and dance with the characters. They give you plastic lei's and a button. The food is good and you can order ala carte, or from the buffet. It's my favorite character meal, but it is breakfast only.

DangerMouse
05-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Lilo & Stitch and Chip & Dale both only offer character meals at breakfast. I really enjoyed my two meals at Storytellers and thought the character interaction was just right. Nothing over the top or loud, and just enough to be able to enjoy your meal and still visit with some furry friends.

Oh, and the banana stuffed french toast is out of this world!

mommaU4
05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Our family of 6 is doing the Lilo and Stitch character breakfast in June. It will be our first one and I am very excited. I've done lots of research and I've heard many nice things about it. Not only the interaction, but the food as well. So I'm very excited.

If you've already tried Goofy's then why not give one of the other two a shot, with the goal of eventually doing them all. Then you'll know for sure which you like best. :thumbsup2

Good luck and have fun! :)

janc
05-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Have you thought about Breakfast in the Park with Minnie? Its one of our must do character meals.

pixiewings71
05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
We love Lilo & Stitch breakfast! We've also done Goofy's, Minnie's and Princesses. We didn't like Goofy at all but we enjoyed Minnie and the Princesses a lot. Our order of preference is
Lilo & Stitch
Minnie
Princesses
Goofy

ballarinamom
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
We've done them all and Lilo and Stitch had the most intertaction. The buffet had alot of really different (but good) stuff. Only Goofy's and Ariel's do lunch and dinner

auntyjenn
05-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Hm, more to think about. Does anyone else besides Lilo and Stitch show at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast?

Hey! How long has that tag been there? Cool! :cloud9:

Califgirl
05-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Hm, more to think about. Does anyone else besides Lilo and Stitch show at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast?

There are lots of characters at the Lilo & Stitch Breakfast. Besides Lilo and Stitch there is Pluto, Daisy, Minnie ... I think I'm forgetting some.

bonita_babe232
05-16-2008, 02:15 AM
I really want to save up some money for out next trip to do a few of the charecter meals..... We did goofys last time, and i think we are gonna keep going there the first night we get there as a kinda lead in to disneyland for the kids! But i would also like to try the other ones as well! we are gonna try the minnie and friends for sure and maybe one more.... not the princesses cause my princess will only be a year and i know the boys won't like it to much.... so i have to decied between the other too!

tortugaverde
05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
We did Goofy's for dinner... which sounds exactly like how your breakfast at Goofy's went. Dancing and marching every half hour or so. The dinner food was great for kids, the adult fare was not super great though... just not many choices. Lots of yummy dessert though!

auntyjenn
05-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Thanks everyone. I think trying something new is a good idea now that you mention it. :rockband:

nancy drew
05-17-2008, 01:49 AM
when we went to lilo and stitch we saw:

lilo
stitch
minnie
pluto
goofy
max

it was eh. 3 of those listed above never came to our table.

when we went to minnies we saw:

minnie
gepetto
gideon
??? (the fox from pinocchio)
eeyore
pooh
wendy
captain hook
chip
dale

each character came around to our table, and some came twice. some jumped in on other characters, trying to "hog" the camera time. that was by far our best character meal as far as interaction.

lulubelle
05-18-2008, 12:17 AM
We have enjoyed them all for various reasons, but give the nod to Lilo & Stitch as the best. Of course, that would be if you are close to PP Hotel on the morning of. I have read stories of those who walked (with little ones) from Hojo or further to eat there and that is too far first thing in the morning in my opinion. I hope you enjoy!:)

Dukland
05-18-2008, 03:12 AM
We love Goofy's and have done that meal every time. (This will be our third trip and our third trip to Goofy's)

You could always do three character meals:rolleyes1

Mommy2PrincessAbby
05-18-2008, 10:50 AM
We loved Chip & dales, did it twice this last trip... but its breakfast only.

1st breakfast was a Monday 7:30 am, saw: Chip, Dale, Koda, Kenai, Baloo, Meeko, Terk, Brer Bear and Pluto, we were finished eating at 8:20. The kids played follow the leader with a bunch of characters through the whole place... it was lots of fun...

2nd breakfast was a Wednesday at 7 am, saw: Chip, Dale, Meeko, Pocohontas and Timon... we were finished eating by 7:50... I think it was too early for lots of fun and games, and that seemed to be just starting when we were ready to leave.

--Lisa

dizneekrazee
05-18-2008, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=nancy drew;25159027]

when we went to minnies we saw:

minnie
gepetto
gideon
??? (the fox from pinocchio)
eeyore
pooh
wendy
captain hook
chip
dale

QUOTE]

The fox from pinocchio is named Foulfellow, I think that is his "last name" cannot remember his "first name" off the top of my head.

We have done Goofys for our last breakfast for almost every trip, and we always love it. Last year (went 2 times), we did not do goofys at all, we did Minnies our first morning and loved it, tons of characters, I mean tons. It was over a year ago but off the top of my head we had:
Minnie
Mickey
Capt. Hook
Pooh
Tigger
Alice
Mad Hatter
Fairy Godmother (from Cinderella)
Pluto
Dale
Chip
Eeyore

Ok, so that was not totally off the top of my head, I had to go dig out my sons autograph book:)

We trip to do Goofys last October but I forgot to make reservations and they were booked.

I think this year we are going to continue our tradition, but go to Chip n Dales instead.

Whichever you chose, hope you have fun and enjoy!!

auntyjenn
05-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Well, if Minnies has lots of characters that might be good since we will be in the park that day, but my guidebook said the food was the worst there. What do you think? (Pineapple coconut scone sounds really good to me too though...) :earboy2:

pixiewings71
05-19-2008, 11:59 AM
The fox from Pinocchio is Honest John. :) We saw him once in the park, he was flirting with my BFF. I told her he wanted to take her to Pleasure Island and she said "only he can take me there" and pointed to her DBF. I thought the person in the costume was going to laugh out loud but apart from a snicker or two he/she held it together well. LOL

OP, you won't be disappointed with M & F, we had a great time there. :)

vbecky
05-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I have done storytellers and goofys I prefer goofys breakfast over storytellers. I am thinking of doing minnies this summer what is there last PS do you know? We will be arriving on Sunday aprox. 11am and leaving Friday About 3:30pm. Trying to figure out a good time and day to do minnies? Thanks

JenDisneylandlver
05-20-2008, 11:17 PM
We're giving Lilo and Stitch a try this time, we usually do Goofy's too. But from everything I'd heard the food is good, and so is the character interaction at Lilo & Stitch's. I think it will be a nice change. :)

auntyjenn
05-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Minnie's breakfast only goes until 11:30am, Stitch until 12:30, and Goofy goes until 12, or 2 on weekends.

So, how's the food at Minnie's? The unofficial guide says the food is the worst there and they do a bad job at bringing out fresh stuff and keeping it good. Also, do they have a lot of selection (especially fruit)?

:stir:

toocherie
05-20-2008, 11:53 PM
We love Goofy's and have done that meal every time. (This will be our third trip and our third trip to Goofy's)

You could always do three character meals:rolleyes1

Can I just say--all of your kids are cute but the expression on the little one in the middle is priceless!

honeymom
05-21-2008, 12:11 AM
We really enjoyed Storytellers, but it is more low key and that isn't for everybody. I have been reading really good things about Minnie breakfast at Plaza Inn lately. We weren't that impressed with Goofy's dinner, but that was years ago. Also, we had been at Chef Mickey's the year before and I think we just expected it to be as fun and experience and it wasn't.

geetey
05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
We were considering a character meal breakfast during our trip (it's a WDW tradition for us) but the Monday we arrive, we can't go into the parks. So.... we were thinking of doing character dinner. Is Goofy's the only one? Does anyone have a better recommendation. Our party is 44, 43, 27, 24, 14 and 12. We don't care for the Pooh characters.

Any suggestions?

auntyjenn
05-22-2008, 12:24 AM
I think Goofy's is the only Character dinner outside the park. Most of them are just breakfast, and I think Ariel's does dinner, but its in CA.

Still wondering about the food at Minnie's... Anyone... :surfweb:

toocherie
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Still wondering about the food at Minnie's... Anyone... :surfweb:

It was . . . . OK--it's not completely buffet--they plate some of the hot entrees for you and then there's a separate area for fruit, danish, etc. I think the others have better food.