PDA

View Full Version : SNA/Prime Time - GO Sedan Service?

keishashadow
05-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Has anybody tried Prime Time's GO Sedan Service from SNA?

seems reasonable for family, site priced out $64 one way, included 18% gratuity; not much more than the shuttles or DL Express bus

popcorn::

Mommy2PrincessAbby
05-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I used them in October and again this last weekend... they were great both times... arrived early, easy to find--well, they found me yesterday!

Highly recommend them.

--Lisa

Pucka1378
05-15-2008, 07:15 PM
I have not used the sedan but have used the shuttle(well family and friends have). They said they were on time and friendly. We have used them 6 times now with no problems!

keishashadow
05-16-2008, 08:11 AM
thanks for responding:thumbsup2

Lisa - do the Go Sedan Drivers come into the terminal w/a sign with your name on it or do you go outside to find them?

the shuttles would be less expensive, i was concerned wherein their web site indicated that the process is that you need to call once you have your luggage in hand and then they'll be there in 1/2 hour:confused: ; does it really take that long?

i've read posts elsewhere that a taxi from SNA is actually quicker/cheaper for family; just worry as to it being "metered" and hitting traffic:eek:

quest4dl
05-16-2008, 08:28 AM
I was going to take the taxi, but we were flying in and out during rush hour. Apparently the Prime Time drivers are better at taking alternate routes whereas the taxi drivers will just sit in the traffic and let the meter go up.

keishashadow
05-16-2008, 08:34 AM
I was going to take the taxi, but we were flying in and out during rush hour. Apparently the Prime Time drivers are better at taking alternate routes whereas the taxi drivers will just sit in the traffic and let the meter go up.

i was afraid of this, surprised that they don't have fixed airport fares; many places do to avoid gouging:confused3

Mommy2PrincessAbby
05-16-2008, 02:39 PM
thanks for responding:thumbsup2

Lisa - do the Go Sedan Drivers come into the terminal w/a sign with your name on it or do you go outside to find them?

the shuttles would be less expensive, i was concerned wherein their web site indicated that the process is that you need to call once you have your luggage in hand and then they'll be there in 1/2 hour:confused: ; does it really take that long?

i've read posts elsewhere that a taxi from SNA is actually quicker/cheaper for family; just worry as to it being "metered" and hitting traffic:eek:

They had a sign, and met me right as we got through security... but you still have to be looking, if you take the elevators down you might miss them! On the way back to SNA we didn't see them sitting at the GCH curb, and they called my cell looking for me...

--Lisa

keishashadow
05-16-2008, 06:43 PM
They had a sign, and met me right as we got through security... but you still have to be looking, if you take the elevators down you might miss them! On the way back to SNA we didn't see them sitting at the GCH curb, and they called my cell looking for me...

--Lisa

Pucka1378
05-16-2008, 11:25 PM
i was afraid of this, surprised that they don't have fixed airport fares; many places do to avoid gouging:confused3

I know the taxi's to LAX and in this area only have a fixed minimum rate of $15:laughing: So it cost's you no matter what $15 we live about 8 miles from LAX and I know it cost's us about 30-35 total to take a taxi:scared1: That is taking all surface streets!

I would be afraid of the traffic as well.

I have found that the LA area taxis are not like taxis in other place.

Considering all that when we have had family fly into LB and come up here the prime time shuttle costs 40 something dollars.. So worth it!