PDA

View Full Version : The heck with Bagels, what about Krispy Kreme!

infobahn
03-30-2002, 07:06 PM
Are there Krispy Kremes close to OKW / WDW?

How far? We are deprived in Minnesota, and need our Krispy Kremes while we are there!!!

EuroBoy
03-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Let's not be dis'ing bagels. Us New Yorkers are sensitive to this.

CarolAnnC
03-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Tubbie's cafeteria in the Dolphin sells Krispy Kreme donuts.

dan and scott
03-30-2002, 08:18 PM
The Exxon station to the right of the Boardwalk entrance also sells Krispy Kreme.

Dan

WebmasterDoc
03-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Maybe Krispy Kreme will start carrying NYBagels and everyone can be happy! :jester:

Eeyore2U
03-30-2002, 09:19 PM
They need a Dunkin Donuts. The best thing the sell is bagels ans they rated in some poll rught up there with NY bagels. Donuts aren't bad either.

mickey7861
03-30-2002, 09:20 PM
If you have a car........There is a Krispy Kreme store on 192, about 10-15 min. away from OKW. You can't beat them hot and fresh.

Goofy&Sleepy
03-30-2002, 11:26 PM
Krispy Kreme is where its at.

PKK/MJK
03-31-2002, 01:01 AM
Oh my goodness, the Krispy Kremes at the store on 192 are incredible!! I've never gotten them at a real KK store before. WOW! They melt in your mouth. Sinfully delicious!!

Mickey4Me
03-31-2002, 07:47 AM
I grew up with Krispy Kremes and can sniff 'em out a mile away :D They serve them at the character breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. DH (a PA native who never heard of KK until I got him hooked) always makes sure we stop and pick some up at the store on 192 as the official kickoff of our vacation. If you zap them in the microwave for about 3 seconds, they taste just like they do when they're hot off the line. YUMMMMM......:)

DVC1996
03-31-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Mickey4Me
I grew up with Krispy Kremes and can sniff 'em out a mile away :D

I grew up with Krispy Kremes too and one of the most memorable experiences of my childhood was watching them being made and then then getting a fresh box to take home! They are so yummy when freshly made and you can literally devour a whole box in no time at all since they melt in your mouth. Lots of the kids in my neck of the wood sell them as fund-rasiers. In fact....I bought some from my neice this past week. But.....I also love a good bagel with cream cheese too ;) When at WDW, I usually get neither donuts or bagels but settle for a cream cheese danish or croissant at the bakery on Main Street or the bakery in France. IMO....Disney just doesn't have the best bagels or donuts.

Mickey4Me
03-31-2002, 09:15 AM
Lots of the kids in my neck of the wood sell them as fund-rasiers. I spent many a Sat AM in High School peddling boxes of KK door to door to raise $$ for various activities.....of course that was back in the "good 'ole days" when they were $1.25/dz :eek: I agree with DVC1996 tho - the pastries from Main Street Bakery are one of my favorite guilty pleasures when at WDW.

CarolAnnC
03-31-2002, 11:33 AM
We do not have Krispy Kreme stores here in New Hampshire, so two weeks ago when I was visiting Chicago, my friend John took me to one there. I was amazed!! It was so interesting to be able to view how they actually make the donuts and they are the best I have ever tasted!! A cheesecake donut and a creme filled one were my favs!! Yum! :)

zurgswife
03-31-2002, 11:40 AM
I keep saying I'm going to go the KK store on my next trip. We don't having any in PA and I haven't had fresh KK's for years. We go again in Oct...I think that will be an outing I will work in the plan finallly....all this talk has my mouth watering.

Crissup
03-31-2002, 11:42 AM
I didn't like the cheesecake one. But, the creme filled ones always remind of Mister Donut when I was a little kid eating Angel Creme donuts.

CarolAnnC
03-31-2002, 01:20 PM
Oh, and I did also love the one that is glazed with a chocolate frosting on top! Yum!! I could feel my blood sugar rising, LOLOL! :)

infobahn
03-31-2002, 02:15 PM
Just remember to try their Glazed donut, especially hot. This is the basis of all great donuts at KK.

Mickey4Me
03-31-2002, 02:37 PM
Just remember to try their Glazed donut, especially hot. This is the basis of all great donuts at KK
Now here's a man who knows his KKs! Infoban is absolutely right - the basic glazed (or choc. iced glazed) is what KK does best :)
Zurgswife - we've been waiting for a KK in PA for years. Closest one is just north of Baltimore off of I83. I always stop there on my way home from BWI to pick some up. They also truck them up from there to some of the stores in York. They're slowly creeping closer......:D

EllenJ
03-31-2002, 08:42 PM
We discovered the KK store on 192 this past November. It is now a regular stop. I just found out that the first Krispy Kreme shop in Connecticut is going to open this summer in the town next to mine.... I cant wait to see the "Hot Doughnuts Now" light on!!!!

ps.. did you hear about the lady in Texas that stole the Krispy Kreme truck last week???

Uncleromulus
04-01-2002, 07:34 AM
PJK/MJK:
They sure do melt in your mouth.. and most other spots too. I think that if you stuck a KK donut with a pin it would deflate. SOooo sweet that you don't even need sugar with your coffee!!
Bring back the old "bakery" donuts!! The kind made with real flour, etc. Like the old bakery's that used to abound in East Baltimore in the late 40's early 50's. THOSE were real donuts!!
PS-I do eat KK"s-but only if someone else buys them.

DVC1996
04-01-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Uncleromulus
PJK/MJK:
Bring back the old "bakery" donuts!! The kind made with real flour, etc.

The KK bakery here also makes the "cake" type or traditional donut if you prefer those. Sometimes I get the ones coated with cinnamon, powdered sugar, or this nutty/coconut type coating. You can also just get a plain cake donut.Gosh.....there are so many choices a the KK bakery depending on what you are craving at the moment:D On the negative side.....there is nothing worse than a stale KK donut:(

Oh me...I'm really wanting a donut now but guess I will have to settle for Easter candy -robins eggs and jelly beans:)

Peter Johnson
04-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by CarolAnnK
We do not have Krispy Kreme stores here in New Hampshire...

We found the KK on 192 through friends in Kissimmee last year. *Sigh*... All those years as members without knowing about it :(

We New Englanders need to let KK know there's a market just waiting for them up north and down east!

Mickey4Me
04-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Here you go, you can open your own :D All their locations are listed as well as franchaise info......
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (http://www.krispykreme.com/index.htm)

Eeyore2U
04-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Peter Johnson

We found the KK on 192 through friends in Kissimmee last year. *Sigh*... All those years as members without knowing about it :(

We New Englanders need to let KK know there's a market just waiting for them up north and down east!

A friend of mine said they weren't making it in RI. But he's biased, he owns about 7 or 8 Dunkin Donuts.

Crissup
04-01-2002, 06:45 PM
I can understand why Dunkin Donuts would be concerned. When I was a kid, I loved donuts from Mr. Donut. Then, Dunkin Donuts moved in and pushed the little guys out of business. I grew to hate donuts, thinking that my tastes had simply changed. Now that I have access to Krispy Kremes, I realize they are a lot like the old Mr. Donut and that they are awesome. Evidentally, my problem was simply that Dunkin Donuts makes such a horrible donut that I had come to think all donuts were like that. LOL!

MnParrothead
04-02-2002, 03:52 PM
Infobahn,

Good news. There is a Krispy Kreme opening in Maple Grove, MN very soon. I live about a mile from it. Yeah! I heard it will be opening this month. It looks to be almost done.

P.S. I went to Vero Beach last week via Orlando and there were Krispy Kreme's in many of the gas stations along the way. We lived off of them the whole week.

P.P.S. Jimmy Buffett is building a Krispy Kreme in Palm Beach or West Palm Beach, FL.