PDA

View Full Version : My 1-day solo trip...and I got DREAMED!

Monkey Monkey
05-13-2008, 06:13 PM
It was EMPTY yesterday morning - chilly and rainy. It was perfect! At around 10am I went on Splash Mountain, in the rain, and the Dream Squad was handing out Dream Fastpasses at the exit!

I was so excited I think I may have scared the CMs. :rotfl:

If I had gotten a dream FP on any other recent visit, I wouldn't have been able to use it because DS can't go on most of the rides that have FP. So it was extra special for me.

And I had a blast! I didn't even have to use the FP for GRR, I just walked right on!

I opened and closed DL and went on everything I wanted to. It was such a wonderful day for me, and I really made the most of it!

Trip report to follow when I'm less exhausted! :goodvibes

Disneylover 2
05-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Wow! Speechless.......

goofy's friends
05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Ooooh, my solo trip is coming up! Hope I am that lucky!

DangerMouse
05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Yea! :yay: I'm so glad you had such a great solo trip! Cool, rainy days at DLR are my favorite!! :cloud9:

Cinderlala
05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Congrats!!! :thumbsup2

It's great that you had such a nice trip---it must have been so much fun to do exactly what you wanted to do!

DisneyLover4Ever!
05-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Congrats on your dream!! Sometimes being alone is best, I guess.:thumbsup2

JenDisneylandlver
05-13-2008, 07:09 PM
How cool! Sounds like you had a real magical day!!

Bread&Butterflies
05-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Woot! How cool is that! :banana:
Rainy day AND Dream Fastpasses!

I was on a solo trip w/my dd3 and yeah, what would you do with Dream fastpasses when you are alone with a little one? We were "mini dreamed" by a cm running the teacups... she gave dd & I a front of the line pass to "any ride except Nemo." Now that we definitely used,(on Peter Pan :love: ) but regular fastpasses, that would have made me sad to not to be able to use.

Your timing was perfect to be dreamed that way!Glad you had fun.

jasonk5
05-13-2008, 11:04 PM
And I had a blast! I didn't even have to use the FP for GRR, I just walked right on!

Congrats on the Dream!

GRR usually is always a walk-on I've noticed. Especially in the rain! :thumbsup2
I had the raft to myself on my solo trip as well! It actually was a fun experience by getting to enjoy the scenery in quiet. I got to ride POTC with my own boat as well on that trip. Felt like Walt himself! Very cool!

Monkey Monkey
05-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Congrats on the Dream!

GRR usually is always a walk-on I've noticed. Especially in the rain! :thumbsup2
I had the raft to myself on my solo trip as well! It actually was a fun experience by getting to enjoy the scenery in quiet. I got to ride POTC with my own boat as well on that trip. Felt like Walt himself! Very cool!

That's awesome!

I didn't even try POTC on this visit - it would have taken up too much of my ride time :laughing: and it's one of DS's favorites, so I'll be going on it again soon enough.

But having a boat to yourself would be awesome! After the drops, you could take a little nap.

bumbershoot
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Very cool!

lulubelle
05-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Oh wow, that is awesome! I love the dream FP:goodvibes
I go by myself four or five times a year and love doing what I want when I want. I am hoping to meet up with some of the Dis Ladies I met on the trip last month to keep me company on future trips, though.:cutie:

mommaU4
05-13-2008, 11:59 PM
In the rain and on cool days, yes it is. It's great!

But we were there one really hot, busy day and I could not believe how long the line was!! :scared1: All those empty lines you always see and think what a waste of space, well, they were all full! It was nuts.

OP, I'm glad you had a good time! I love it when it's chilly and rainy. That's the best imo.

DevilDuckie
05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Bread&Butterflies;25095200]she gave dd & I a front of the line pass to "any ride except Nemo." Now that we definitely used,(on Peter Pan :love: ) QUOTE]

We have gotten FTL passes twice and used them on Peter Pan both times. :) It feels like the best bang for your buck. Everything else with super long lines has FP. (Except Nemo, I guess, but we haven't been since it opened.)

DisneyMomma81
05-15-2008, 08:02 PM
YAY ~ sounds like you had a great day!

stopher1
05-15-2008, 10:13 PM
That's so very cool!!

I leave for a solo trip in about 36 hours, and can't wait to be in the park on Sun & Mon. :cool1: