PDA

View Full Version : Help With Gift Basket Surprise

tigergrad
05-13-2008, 09:14 AM
My family and I will be taking a special vacation to DLR June 8-13. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and our middle daughter's high school graduation. We decided to take the whole family - me, DH, DD (17), DS (11), DD (23) & DSIL (27) to Disneyland for the first time. We will be staying at the DLH in two rooms. I would like to have something there for the kids when we arrive. Since they are all older, I need suggestions for what to include in a gift basket. I will need 2. One for DD & DSIL in room 1 and another for DD & DS in room 2. Neither has to be "Disney Over the Top" just a little something to start the trip off on a fun note.

jensmom
05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I always bring along little goodies for my DD(16) and her friend when we go. They really like the glow bracelets for the evenings (Target has a 15pack for $1 right now). These are also fun for them to share with other kids. Some other ideas are: plastic ponchos (from camping section at Walmart or Target) for the 'water' rides, disposable cameras, Disney pins or lanyards with pins for trading, snacks for the parks (trail mix, granola bars), or Disney Dollars. Have a wonderful trip!

ballarinamom
05-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Disney Dollars are so fun! Definately include some of those if you can. Call ahead and see if you can get Mickey ears. I don't know about your Walmart, but ours has Mickey Candy/ Snacks. If you make your own basket or have a local place make it for you, you can ship it to the Hotel. That way you have more control over what's in it. If you do this, make sure to use the glue dots to hold everything in place.