PDA

View Full Version : Tricia & Reuben 4.29.08 WP/Narcoossee's/Grand 1 TR - Day 8 - Our trip is at the end

disprincessatheart
05-10-2008, 02:38 PM
The easiest way to start was with the vendor reviews, the trip report follows....

Since others have been so helpful with all their reviews, I thought I would do mine as I'm still waiting on pictures to start my TR (we let everyone else take all the pictures all week, now I'm suffering waiting on them to send me the pics!) :rolleyes1

Grand Floridian - check in
A :yay:
This was our first stay at the GF - something I'd been looking forward to as long as I can remember. When we finally got there it was almost surreal. We've visited and dined there on most of our trips (6 in the last 5 years) but it was just overwhelming to be finally really staying there! The service at arrival was fantastic. Even DF was impressed that they wisked our bags away, valet parked the car and got us checked in all in under 10 minutes!! While we didn't get any upgrades (I know, I shouldn't have even been hoping) we did get a king bed as I requested and our room was ready even though we checked in a little before noon. DF was thrilled (I was too, just a little bummed on the no upgrade). Our bags were delivered and we were in our room about 20 minutes from the time we pulled up in our car out front.

Chef Mickeys
B :sad2:
We planned dinner for the immediate families the night before the wedding so that everyone could meet (my sister and his brother hadn't met, but our parents had) and so that we would be free later that night incase there was anything wedding related that needed to be done. We had a few issues that evening with everyone but us getting lost at one point or another, so we were about 10 minutes past our reservation time before we had everyone there. After that we waited 40 minutes before we got our table. After that the drink service was very slow and none of us were impressed by the $30 picture they try to sell you - no way! Then we had trouble using the DDP for the group because the server was not wanting to split the payments. He did it, but overall we weren't impressed with the place and probably won't go back until we have our own kids. Oh, and I forgot to mention we were in the part right near the host stand, out in the middle of the atrium, and it was SO loud we had trouble hearing each other.

Beaute Speciale
A :cutie:
We had Lilly and possibly Lorrena - sorry I can't remember for sure. They came to my parents' timeshare off property to do my hair, mom's, Dsis (MOH) and my niece. The only downside was they got lost (even though I'd confirmed all the details with Ana) and they were about 20 minutes late because of that. It was fine because I'd planned for them to be done by 12 with the limo not coming until 1:45. They didn't leave until close to 1 (they finished a little late and then we were all waiting on my dad to come back with cash for them - not sure why I thought I could write a check :confused3 ) They were wonderful. I had a picture and I think my hair came out really close to the pic. For makeup I just told her I wanted natural with a little bit of a dramatic eye. It was more makeup than I would have done (I really only wear mascara on a daily basis) but it was beautiful. Everyone else was really pleased as well. They even did a tiny bit of eyeshadow, lip gloss and pixie dust on my niece who's 4 at no charge. She thought that was the best thing ever! I think we probably didn't get Ana herself because of the Disney channel games going on that week (Lilly and Lorrena were there too the day before - they showed us some call sheets they'd been given the day before with the people they were supposed to work on) but I didn't mind at all. Lilly was another of the old disney wedding cosmo crew, so she knows what she's doing!

Disney Photography - Paul
A+ :cheer2: :wave2: (hi Paul!)
Final Product: anxiously waiting
Paul was so much fun! I requested him after seeing Summer's MK shoot pics and we were lucky enough to get him. He was snapping pictures before I even knew what was going on and he didn't stop! He showed us some along the way, joked with the family as my sister would get in the way trying to take a few shots, and was great all around. He even helped pass out cake and champagne before he left! We should have our pics this coming week so I'll be posting then!

DFTW - Tanis
A+ :love:
Love, love, love Tanis!! She had to put up with my being a DisBride AND the fact that I had planned a Wishes wedding the year before and had to postpone, so I had already been thru an entire planning process. I have to say with all that she never seemed put off by all my requests and she was a huge help every step of the way.

Teresa Knox
A :thumbsup2
Last year we'd booked Rev Knox and paid a deposit. Well, when we postponed he said we could use that deposit anytime in the future. So when we booked with DFTW this year I contacted Rev Knox but he was already booked, so Teresa (his wife) said she'd be happy to do it if that was ok with us. Since we'd never met either, I was fine with that. Only about 3 weeks before the wedding DF and I sat down and went thru the ceremony planning kit they send (so helpful!). We took pieces out of all 3 ceremony samples and I cut and pasted them together in MS Word. I emailed it off and Teresa said it looked fine. DF and I are not religious, so we didn't want anything resembling a church ceremony, and we didn't want the ceremony to be too long. I was slightly nervous that because we'd done so much pieceparting that Teresa might not get all the right parts that we wanted but she got it perfect. Everyone mentioned how great she was, even cracking a joke when my nephew started singing in the middle of the ceremony! :rotfl: She did add one little story in - guess she felt like we needed a little something more. She was right, we both liked it and it gave us a little time to relax during the ceremony (it was probably a 1 minute story) and we've mentioned it a time or two in the 10 days since! Overall she was great and I recommend her to anyone!

Disney Wedding Cake
A+ :cake: :worship:
A couple of months before the wedding I decided to get DF in on some decisions that had changed since last year. I thought he'd like to pick the cake. Well, I was right and it started some cake insanity! :lmao: He decided that there was no way that the 2 tier cake would be enough and we had to get a 3 tier. Not only did he not think it would be enough cake, he thought it was too small for pictures. :confused3 So after many attempts on my part, we got a 3 tier cake. We also upgraded to a Mickey's delight with purple fondant and silver mickey heads - it was SO cute!! This was the cake we would have had last year, so it was fitting and we really liked it. We had chocolate with chocolate mousse on the bottom, almond with buttercream and raspberry jam in the middle and chocolate with chocolate ganache and raspberry on the top. It was PERFECT!! Everyone had more than one slice - most tried a chocolate and an almond - and they all raved. Because Tanis warned me we'd have TONS of leftover cake I brought some large disposable containers (store brand ziplock things) for extra cake for the guests and then we split up the rest among the family. Everyone was more than happy to help us out by eating some leftover cake!

Dinner - Narcoossee's
A + :woohoo:
I booked this dinner for our group of 20 at 180 days from checkin at the GF. We had the first dinner seating at 5:30 after our 2:30 ceremony. The timing could not have been better. The group dinner there when I booked was a choice of 3 entrees (a chicken, a beef and a fish) with family style seafood appetizers, choice of soup or salad and choice of dessert for $65ppn. The only issue I had was that a few weeks before the wedding I was unable to get in touch with someone to confirm details. When I finally did I was very glad as the menu had changed slightly and they were able to honor the old menu for me because I had booked so far out. :flower3: The setup was 2 long tables end to end with a small gap, up on the level next to the bar. This was a great location because we were slightly separated from the rest of the tables in the restaurant, even though it wasn't private. The food was amazing and there was tons of it. I had to let a couple people know to slow down on the apps as we had 3 more courses to go! The service was fantastic and they were great about our DDP discount. The only negative that I realized later was DH and I didn't get our complimentary champagne that the person who I confirmed with said we would get :confused3. Other than that it was great and I highly recommend Narcoossee's to any bride that's looking for a nice dinner at a good price!

Grand 1 Wishes Cruise
A+ :cloud9:
Besides getting married and staying at the GF, this was the part I was most excited about. When we got to the GF our first day, you could see the Grand 1 from our room, so we walked over and they were nice enough to let us walk around for a tour before our day. That was great. I had wanted to wear my dress on it. Well, we booked it for 18 ppl - max capacity - and it would have been really hard for me to have been on there in my dress. I was glad I hadn't tried to do that because DH and I watched wishes from the upper deck and I wouldn't have been able to get up there in my dress. The boat really impressed everyone and we had an amazing view of Wishes and the electric water parade. It was stressful to get the reservation having to wait until 90 days out, but so worth it! If you have a small enough party, definitely do this!!

Disney Floral
A+ :flower3:
We didn't do much floral wise, just my boquet, DH's bout, a rose wand for my niece, bouts for dad, fil, dbil, nephew and a coursage for mom. I wanted my boquet to be different shades of purple. When I first taked to Rosie, I was told there aren't purple roses. :confused: I knew that DF had gotten them for me before so I was a little frustrated. Apparently I don't speak floral well - I explained that I wanted light purple roses and she finally realized I wanted lavendar roses. I mean, I know that's the exact color, but isn't that light purple :confused3 :rotfl: . Anyway, I just told her, mainly roses for me, different shades of lavendar with a few dark purple flowers mixed in - i have no idea what kind they were - and lavendar roses for everything else with white and silver ribbon. They all came out fantastic! My boquet weighed a ton - must have been at least 10 lbs and it smelled AMAZING! Tanis said it was the lavendar roses that have a ton of scent, unlike most other colors. We had the boquet in our room and could smell it all week! My niece loved her wand (until her brother bashed it into the ground a few times - in hindsight children's flowers should always be silk!)

GF room/service
B+ :upsidedow
We loved our room - have some pics for my TR and we were glad to get a king bed! We didn't get upgraded, but our room was next to the marina which was nice the day of the wedding (DH and I changed before dinner, and he ran back to get me flip flops and a jacket before our wishes cruise). The first issue was that the first night the power went out in the middle of the night. OUr alarm was set (had to go to AK early the next day:thumbsup2 ) but when the power came back on the alarm didn't make any noise or anything to alert us that the alarm was set but not functioning. I know my alarm at home does that. So, for the rest of the trip we set our cell phone alarms instead so we wouldn't have that problem again. Of course that was the only time that happened... The other issue was more annoying. On our first night they left a small bottle of champagne with a rose and a card from Mickey and Minie - I think this is standard practice for couples on a honeymoon at the GF. DF didn't expect it and we both thought it was very nice. Problem? They spelled DF's name wrong, and he's kinda sensitive about that. Well, they had it wrong on the ressie when we checked in, but we didn't bother to correct it because we were so excited. During the week I tried 3 times to get a new card with the correct name, and it never happened. We got 2 more cards (don't know where the 4th from the other request went) and none of them were right. I secretly saved them because I think it will be funny years from now, but DF was really bummed that they couldn't get it right. I may call or write a letter and see if we can get one after the fact. We have the one that came in the mail when we sent off an invite to M&M so I might just put that out one day for DH to find.

Ok, so now that I've rambled on, we really had a great trip and great service all around. We planned our wedding off and on for 26 months, and it really turned out even just a little better than my expectations and our guests all said it was so much more than they expected! I would do it again in a heartbeat!! :bride: I promise an actual TR with picutres and all will be comign soon!

lurkyloo
05-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Great reviews - thanks for taking the time to post them!

And, I can tell you from personal experience, not all honeymooners get Champagne, etc. from the Grand Floridian - that was some extra pixiedust: just for you guys! :goodvibes

roozlilone
05-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the great vendor review! It really helps with the planning! I've also requested Paul as our photographer! I'm hoping for some pixie dust that I actually get him! :wizard:

I can't wait to see some pics!!!! Could I ask you how much you spent on the Grand I cruise? I didn't realize you could have 18 people, I thought it was only 12!! :goodvibes

DisBride2007
05-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Great reviews! Sounds like everything was amazing! Can't wait to see pics! :goodvibes

disprincessatheart
05-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the great vendor review! It really helps with the planning! I've also requested Paul as our photographer! I'm hoping for some pixie dust that I actually get him! :wizard:

I can't wait to see some pics!!!! Could I ask you how much you spent on the Grand I cruise? I didn't realize you could have 18 people, I thought it was only 12!! :goodvibes

They got a new boat a few months back that holds more people - I was very excited when I found out too! It was $450 plus tax for the cruise and it ended up being about an hour and 15 minutes. It was amazing, especially getting on that boat while a bunch of people were getting on their pontoon boats. I'm sure the pontoons are fun, but this was a really nice experience, and worth it for our group and our wedding day. Actually two pontoons to hold 20 ppl would have been moer than the Grand 1. DH is already talking about doing it again on a future trip! We're way spoiled now!!

alissa2008
05-10-2008, 06:42 PM
great reviews! I'm doing an escape as well, and I'm really glad you posted!

Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

lov2b@disney
05-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Great reviews! Cant wait to see some pix and read your trippie!

Beep
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Brilliant info, thank you for posting. Can't wait for the TR and some piccies!

OceanGdss
05-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Thank you for posting all of that!! Sorry to hear about the card with the wrong spelling...but you're right, it will be funny years from now. :)

Can't wait to see pics and read your TR! :)

jodeeluvsdisney
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Yay! Thank you so much for your review of the Grand 1! I just booked it today for the night of our wedding for the max (18 guests) as we can't afford a dessert party...so a Wishes Cruise was the next best thing!

And it was a better deal than renting 2 pontoon boats, even if we add snacks! I won't be wearing my dress either with a 10am ceremony! It was frustrating having to wait until today to book it though...the last major reservation...

So glad to see most of your reviews were high marks as we're having Rev. Knox (Kevin) do our wedding, and we're requesting Paul for our MK photo shoot!!!

I'm sorry Chef Mickey's wasn't a better experience for you...we're doing our get-to-know everyone/Welcome dinner at O'Hana's...

disprincessatheart
05-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Yay! Thank you so much for your review of the Grand 1! I just booked it today for the night of our wedding for the max (18 guests) as we can't afford a dessert party...so a Wishes Cruise was the next best thing!

And it was a better deal than renting 2 pontoon boats, even if we add snacks! I won't be wearing my dress either with a 10am ceremony! It was frustrating having to wait until today to book it though...the last major reservation...

Congrats on getting your reservation!! You're going to LOVE the Grand 1! We went there straight from dinner, so after much debate we didn't order any snacks - just bottled waters. Even that was a fortune!! $80 I think for 20 waters :scared1: (ok, I expected that based on work functions I plan, but my poor dad was horrified when he payed that bill!) :scared: For us anything more would have been a total waste. It was the most amazing experience though!!

On the 90 day thing - you're actually pretty lucky. Around 100 days out I decided to look at the times for Wishes the night of our wedding. As luck would have it, there were no fireworks scheduled the night of our wedding :scared1: As of then though, Disney had not announced the P&PP nights, so I was assuming it would be one of those parties and there would be fireworks during the party. As a backup I started looking into Illuminations DP's (too much money and too tight a timeline). I was completely bummed. A few days before our 90 day mark they announced the parties - nothing on our night and still no fireworks :headache: Around 75 days I decided just to book it anyway and that we would have a really nice cruise around MK area even if there were no fireworks. Thankfully no one else had the same idea! I got the cruise and eventually Disney changed the MK schedule and added Wishes back that night, so it worked out, but talk about stressing!!

cseca
05-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Great reviews!!!
Sounds like everything went well.
I would love to see your lavender rose... that's something new to me.
Can't wait to see pics!

I would love to do Grand 1 someday.
I told DH that one day maybe for our anniv we need to do it ;)

disprincessatheart
05-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Great reviews!!!
Sounds like everything went well.
I would love to see your lavender rose... that's something new to me.
Can't wait to see pics!

I would love to do Grand 1 someday.
I told DH that one day maybe for our anniv we need to do it ;)

I've finally got some pics from my mom and dad, so maybe I'll have a chance to get some up tonight. You definitely need to do the Grand 1 when you do your GF do-over trip! We were there the same 2 nights as you, but between your wedding and ours, guess we didn't run into each other. I did take a close look at any couple with wedding ears or a just married button all week, but never saw you guys.

snow_white725
05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I can't wait to read your TR - thank you for sharing your reviews!! :goodvibes

cseca
05-13-2008, 12:00 PM
I've finally got some pics from my mom and dad, so maybe I'll have a chance to get some up tonight. You definitely need to do the Grand 1 when you do your GF do-over trip! We were there the same 2 nights as you, but between your wedding and ours, guess we didn't run into each other. I did take a close look at any couple with wedding ears or a just married button all week, but never saw you guys.

Yeah... we did too!!! I keep wondering if I know the people with the buttons :laughing:
But I think our 2 overlapping days were the 2 I was stuck in the room :(
blah...

disprincessatheart
05-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Ok, getting pictures is like PULLING TEETH!! So, here are some pics from our camera (we took 12 all week :sad2: ) and from my parents. I will warn you, they dont' flow well and there are several more I wish I had already! Everyone else is SO tardy!! I guess this is our unofficial preview!

The work of Beauty Speciale (Lilly and Lorena)
Mom's hair - lorena
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/momshairback.jpg

My hair about half way done - Lilly
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/myhairprogresss.jpg

DFTW Paul
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/Paulthephotographer.jpg

My boquet - I hated to leave it behind!
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/myboquet.jpg

US!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008045.jpg

The cake
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008066.jpg

The toast - Commander's Terrace
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008072.jpg

The Grand 1 - various shots
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008085.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008091.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008092.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008093.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008099.jpg

lurkyloo
05-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Yay for pictures! Thanks for sharing them :goodvibes

hope1826
05-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh, I missed the start of your TR when we were away!

I know exactly what you mean about having a hard time getting pics. But the ones you have a great and I can't wait to see more.

And you looked like a princess!!! Your dress and tiara were beautiful! princess:

Nikki

pink_tink8i8
05-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for posting your reviews. They help tremendously :goodvibes Your flowers were gorgeous!

DisneyMissy318
05-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Congrats on the wedding - I love the pictures you have posted and can't wait to see more!

I wanted to share a story with you about my honeymoon at Disney and how I can relate to your DH about having his name spelled correctly! We got married in December - DH and I had been together since March of that year - so a good 9 months or so - we had been living together since August - ANYWAY... I made all of the reservations for our honeymoon - and Disney Reservations misspelled my name on the reservation - and thus it was misspelled on our KTTW/room key card. My new DH - who I have know for over 9 months by this time - went to a shop in DTD to order an engraved picture frame - the Castmember asked him if my name was spelled with one "S" or two... DH got flabbergasted and confused - not knowing it could be spelled with one... so since the KTTW card had my name with one "S" - he had the engraver use the name on the card - since he was sure it had to be right and he had been wrong all of those months!!! We got married December 14 - honeymooned that week and was home for Christmas - DH saved the engraved crystal picture frame and gave it to me for a Christmas present... there it is - Mickey and Minnie engraved above our wedding date and our names KEVIN and MELISA!!! I proudly display it on my dresser - mostly to remind DH that he can't SPELL!!

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding!

IndyBride
05-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Congrats on the wedding - I love the pictures you have posted and can't wait to see more!

I wanted to share a story with you about my honeymoon at Disney and how I can relate to your DH about having his name spelled correctly! We got married in December - DH and I had been together since March of that year - so a good 9 months or so - we had been living together since August - ANYWAY... I made all of the reservations for our honeymoon - and Disney Reservations misspelled my name on the reservation - and thus it was misspelled on our KTTW/room key card. My new DH - who I have know for over 9 months by this time - went to a shop in DTD to order an engraved picture frame - the Castmember asked him if my name was spelled with one "S" or two... DH got flabbergasted and confused - not knowing it could be spelled with one... so since the KTTW card had my name with one "S" - he had the engraver use the name on the card - since he was sure it had to be right and he had been wrong all of those months!!! We got married December 14 - honeymooned that week and was home for Christmas - DH saved the engraved crystal picture frame and gave it to me for a Christmas present... there it is - Mickey and Minnie engraved above our wedding date and our names KEVIN and MELISA!!! I proudly display it on my dresser - mostly to remind DH that he can't SPELL!!

That is such a cute story! :laughing: I can totally see my DF doing that. He gets so stressed out about "messing up"!

msmayor
05-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Grand 1 Wishes Cruise
A+ :cloud9:
Besides getting married and staying at the GF, this was the part I was most excited about. When we got to the GF our first day, you could see the Grand 1 from our room, so we walked over and they were nice enough to let us walk around for a tour before our day. That was great. I had wanted to wear my dress on it. Well, we booked it for 18 ppl - max capacity - and it would have been really hard for me to have been on there in my dress. I was glad I hadn't tried to do that because DH and I watched wishes from the upper deck and I wouldn't have been able to get up there in my dress. The boat really impressed everyone and we had an amazing view of Wishes and the electric water parade. It was stressful to get the reservation having to wait until 90 days out, but so worth it! If you have a small enough party, definitely do this!!

I'm so glad to have found someone who had this many on the Grand 1...I'm trying to decide whether to try and book it for a family gathering, but the pictures I've seen of it don't seem to show whether it will REALLY work.

Did all 18 of you have a good view of the fireworks? There doesn't seem to be enough reasonable deck space to be comfortable. It looked to me like folks would have to climb out on the bow, and not have regular 'seats'.

Can you describe where everyone was when watching the show?

disprincessatheart
05-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Yay for pictures! Thanks for sharing them :goodvibes
:goodvibes

Ohhhhhhhhh, I missed the start of your TR when we were away!

I know exactly what you mean about having a hard time getting pics. But the ones you have a great and I can't wait to see more.

And you looked like a princess!!! Your dress and tiara were beautiful! princess:

Nikki
Thank you!! :bride:

Thanks for posting your reviews. They help tremendously :goodvibes Your flowers were gorgeous!

I really loved my flowers!! Disney did a great job with them!

LOL - glad to know we weren't the only ones with spelling issues!! Funny that he would think he'd been wrong for 9 months and you hadn't corrected him. This week I found and left out for DH the picture we got from Mickey and Minnie when we sent them an invitation, so he felt a little better.

That is such a cute story! :laughing: I can totally see my DF doing that. He gets so stressed out about "messing up"!
At least we know they try!

I'm so glad to have found someone who had this many on the Grand 1...I'm trying to decide whether to try and book it for a family gathering, but the pictures I've seen of it don't seem to show whether it will REALLY work.

Did all 18 of you have a good view of the fireworks? There doesn't seem to be enough reasonable deck space to be comfortable. It looked to me like folks would have to climb out on the bow, and not have regular 'seats'.

Can you describe where everyone was when watching the show?

There was plenty of room on the boat in general. The inside is huge and has a couple of couches and then there's the lower deck and an upper deck. When we watched wishes the captain turned the boat so the back is straight on towards MK. DH, me, my mom, nephew, niece and good friend were all on the upper deck watching from the bench seat and the 2 captians chairs (the boat was stopped so they let us have the seats. THere were more seats up there, but they were on the front end and would have been obscured views.
That left 11 people downstairs because we actually had 17 not 18 when it came right down to it. Down there there are 2 captains chairs, and a long bench that I think 4 or 5 people were sitting on. Then my one aunt and uncle sat on the stairs leading to the upper deck so that took care of 8 or 9. There was room that another person or 2 could have done the stairs option if they wanted. Also on the other side of the boat there was another small set of stairs allowing you to walk to the front of the boat that my mom says someone sat on, so really, all 18 could sit and watch, but if they didn't there was still room to stand behind the chairs or in the doorway into the cabin.

disprincessatheart
05-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Ok, after stewing for 2 weeks over having no pictures for my TR (ok, the first week I was way too tired to write a TR and ok, ok, it's my own fault for being lazy and not taking my own pics on our trip) I suddenly realized that the first couple of days of reporting don't have any pictures anyway (day -1 and day 1 were just us, so no one to take pics, duh!). So, on with the show, er, TR!!

I'll actually start day -1 with a little build up/recap of how we got to this day, since at this point I don't think anyone on the boards now, except for maybe Lynn was on here when I started planning our DFTW. We got engaged valentines day of 2006 - yes, 2 years, 2 months and 2 weeks before we got married!! Anyway, we planned a custom DFTW for April 2007. Early 2007 DF got cold feet and we called it off, went to counseling and then in late fall 2007 we scheduled our new Escape DFTW for April 2008. So, with all that time and drama, and scaling back a wedding, I had a LOT of stuff already done long before the month of the wedding. When we finally hit April 1 the only things left to do were: dress alterations (had to go in a little :thumbsup2 ), and all the little last minute hair appt, nails, waxing :scared1: . I had already wrapped gifts, finished favors, bought DF's gift, etc.

The week of the wedding DF was working a lot of evenings, so it was just me and the dog home at night. Most brides would have loved this, but I had nothing left to do but wait. Everyone I called was busy getting ready to go to Florida, so really I watched a lot of TV and overthought everything... Too bad I didn't think to take some pictures! :lmao: Anyway, I worked Thursday and DF and I both took Friday (day -1) off to get everything together for the trip.

We woke up that Friday and I was so exctied, #1 because it was the first day of our wedding vacation, and #2 because I had things to do:rotfl: ! We got up and had breakfast and made our plan for the day. I went off to the spa at 10 for a bikini wax and DF got a haircut. Both went really smoothly (ok, the waxing wasn't fun, but the girl who did mine was good and it really didn't hurt nearly as much as I had expected - it'd been a long time since my last one). So we were groomed, and now time to go run errands. We went off to the tux shop to get DF's tux. On our way there we decided to stop and get my ring polished and then we went to lunch. Pretty uneventful. We got to Men's Warehouse and DF tried on his tux. The shirt was too small. He could get it buttoned, but the top button was really tighter than it should have been. The girl wasn't really helpful when I asked what we could do so DF decided just to take it and not worry about it as he only had to wear it for a few hours and I told him he could undo that button as soon as the pictures were done. While he was trying on his tux, I wandered over to the tux rack and see a tux for DF's dad. I mentioned this to him as we're leaving and he calls his dad, only to find out his dad already got his tux the day before. :confused: So I proceed to panic and assume that someone is missing a tux since we have an extra. Called all around, DBil has his and my dad has confirmed with the shop in FL that he and my nephew are picking theirs up from has theirs waiting. So, I have no idea why there was an extra tux for future Fil, but I was now satisfied that everyone would have a tux and we moved on.

The rest of the day was a whirlwind of laundry, packing, repacking, dropping the dog at a friend's house and the like. Around 8:30 we were ready to go, so we got a pizza, and DF put Enchanted in for us to watch :hug: Around 10 we decided we were both ready to go to bed (I know, we're realy lame) and we both took a tylenol pm to help us get to sleep on such an exciting night. It worked wonders!! I had been having a little trouble sleeping soundly the weeks before the wedding and had some weird dreams, so I was glad for a good night's sleep. It still hadn't really hit me that after so long we were finally getting ready for our wedding trip and not just another Disney vacation, but I was starting to feel it!

Up next - day 1!! :dance3:

lov2b@disney
05-18-2008, 09:05 PM
:surfweb: looking forward to more of your TR!!!!

Keira1387
05-18-2008, 11:04 PM
:surfweb:

accountingbabe08
05-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm subscribing so I don't miss anything. Congratulations on your marriage, I truly hope you and your husband have a very magical life together.

29apr00
05-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, you're starting your TR!! WOo hoo!! And I know i've told you before, but it needs to be mentioned again. You picked a GREAT day to get married! :lmao: Great things happen on 4/29! ;)

Looking forward to more and lots of pics!!

Jennifer

alissa2008
05-19-2008, 07:13 PM
:thumbsup2 popcorn::

disprincessatheart
05-23-2008, 09:53 PM
After a very solid night's rest, DF and I woke up bright and early (6:30 is way early enough for me on a Saturday) and sprung right out of bed, literally!! For me, that was enough proof that this was really the day we were finally leaving for our wedding :banana:

Getting ready went by in a flash. I took a few extra minutes in the shower to just let it sink in that our wedding week was finally here - can you tell I was excited?!? By 7:45 after at least 2 double checks of the list and the bags packed in the car we were ready to go. We had to put DF's tux and my dress in the back seat (the very large trunk was totally stuffed) so that made it extra exciting that I could see my dress all the way down and let reality sink in!! We were out of the house before 8, so we started off on the right foot - our plan was to leave by 8:30, so I guess we were both anxious. We stopped and got some breakfast really quick and got on the road - only 9 1/2 short hours to Orlando... :sick:

Our original plan had been to head down on Sunday, with the wedding on Tuesday. Luckily a few months earlier DF had a great idea to head down a day earlier (so what if I might have hinted around, he thought it was his idea :rotfl:) so we were now leaving a day earlier than his family who were also driving down from NC. To pass the time on the drive and to attempt to be helpful hosts, we hunted for cheap gas prices so we could tell the family where to stop for gas. What we found out is that these days, there's no such thing as cheap gas, but it did pass the time.

We made a couple short stops, the only one of note being a stop in SC for gas and drinks. DF pulled up to the pump and I went inside to find a bathroom. It was a very odd store that was a combination snackshop/gas station/lottery depot/random religous giftshop/baitshop. Yes, I said baitshop. It was rundown and weird, but clean enough. When I came out of the bathroom, I wandered past the bait and church decorations to find a diet coke and some sort of snack. I figured DF would be in momentarily to do the same and we'd be on our way. Eventually I started to realize that it'd been several minutes since I'd come out of the bathroom, and no DF. I started to panic just a litle (he did get cold feet like last year after all?) and I did a very brisk walk to the door to see if he was still out there. Lucky for me (and all my TR readers) he was - panic attack over. :lmao: He was still pumping gas :confused: When he came in I told him I thought he'd deserted me there. Apparently it's the world's slowest gas pump. Anyway, no dessertion and we were on our way again.

Around 1 we stopped for a quick lunch. When we left I called my parents to see if they were safely in Orlando yet (they flew from NY) and if they'd been to the mall yet to get my dad and nephew's tuxes. All 6 of them were eating lunch in the mall food court - mom, dad, sister (MOH), niece, nephew and DBIL. My dad proceeds to tell me that yes, they did go to the tux shop and his tux was there and right, but they couldn't find my nephew's. Now, my nephew is at this time about 2 weeks shy of turning 3, but is a tiny little guy and still wears 12 mo pants. Every time we went for tuxes, they had little tiny tuxes hanging on the wall for sale. We opted to get him the tiniest rental tux instead so he would match and because then we got the free groom's tux, so it was cheaper in total to rent, and when would a 3 year old wear a tux again before he outgrew it? So, I really wasn't that upset knowing that they had those little ones we could buy if need be. Also, remember, my dad had called that store the day before and they assured him they had the tux. I was sure they had it, just were dumb and couldn't find it right then, same thing as DF's dad having 2 tuxes for some reason. Well, dad gives mom the phone and I tell her how weird it is that they can't find the little tux and she tells me my dad is kidding, they have both tuxes and they're all set. I was not amused. Seriously, my dad's not a practical joker so I have no idea why the week of my wedding he thought he would start trying to be one. I wasn't at all upset about the tux missing - thinking either they'd find it or we'd buy one of the tiny ones they had there - but I was upset that he thought he was funny telling me it was lost.... Parents. :confused3

We made it the rest of the way to Orlando without any more drama. We stayed with my parents at their timeshare just off property that first night so we went straight there and saw everyone. DF hadn't seen my niece and nephew in a year, so I wanted them to start warming up to us ASAP! We had a family dinner, DF learned where my serious lack of kitchen skills comes from, and we headed out to DTD to start the vacation and for my first public wearing of the minnie bride ears!! DF had been insisting I couldn't wear them before we left because I'd jinx us. :laughing: Of course I put them on before we got out of the car at the condo. DF thought I shouldn't wear them until after the wedding, but that would mean only 4 days of ears, um, NO. I'd been waiting 2 friggin years to wear those babies (well, really since I was 10, but who's counting). There was NO WAY I was waiting until Wednesday to be a bride! :bride: So, I wore my ears ;) Besides the ears, we'd been thinking about was sundaes from Ghiradelli for days, maybe weeks, ok, really, since our last trip - sheesh, we need to get a life!!! We knew we'd get an AP discount and we were salivating. We'd looked it up before we left and knew there was a refurb, but it was scheduled to be done earlier that week - fate! :banana: We park, we practically run thru the crowd and what do we find, WALLS!! Not like walls to the shop, those lovely little Disney walls that tell you this area will be nice for some other guests in the future, but not now. I yelled out "NOOOOO!!'. :sad: Ok, maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic, but I'm pretty sure I did yell, it was just too loud out there with the cheerleading competition girls and HS choir show that no one else heard me. We were totally crushed. So DF with his quick thinking saved the day with :mickeybar It wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but I always want to get a mickeybar, and never seem to get one on our trips, so it was a good second place. I was sure that we'd seen that the Ghiradelli refurb was supposed to be done before we got there. It bothered me so much - or I really wanted that icecream - that we asked the GF concierge later in the week who discovered that the whole schedule was pushed back a week. Oh well, at least we can do it on the free dining trip in Sept!! (that will be a recurring theme of this trip!)

We did just a little bit of shopping and headed back to the condo. We were tired from the drive and wanted to check in to the GF as early as we could the next day, so we went to bed around 11. The condo has 2 bedrooms. We started going there when I was a freshman in HS, so the room with the 2 twin beds was very convenient. DF and I just laughed - we've lived together for 5 years, and the first night of our wedding/honeymoon trip we're sleeping in twin beds... To add to the comedy, the beds there were AWFUL. Picture those 3" thick matresses you had at summer camp, after 20 years of people sleeping on them. They were not comfortable at all, they wouldn't stay put on the frame/boxspring (kept sliding around when you'd move) and they made a crunchy noise! Oh, and the sheets wouldn't stay on them for anything. I can't imagine why - the matresses were tiny, so you'd think the sheet would fit with room to spare. They must have had those sheets specially made to be so small they wouldn't stay on those mattresses. My uncle had a good theory on those beds later in the week (my parents booked 2 for the week and a good portion of my family stayed there) that Disney gave them the beds and sheets so that no one would sleep in, thus getting them to the parks earlier to spend more money. After one night there I totally see how that theory could be true - good thing it was only one night, if we'd been there all week I would have been bridezilla!!!:scared1:

Up next: Day 2 - The Grand Floridian!!! and our first little bit of pixie dust pixiedust: (I promise i have a couple of pictures for day 2)

DecemberBride
05-23-2008, 10:36 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yay, for an update! Love your sense of humor... I can't wait to hear more!

IndyBride
05-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I love the Ghirardelli (is that the correct spelling?) ice cream place! I forced myself to order a sundae even though I was stuffed from dinner when I passed it.

29apr00
05-24-2008, 08:49 AM
yeah can't wait to hear more!!

disprincessatheart
05-24-2008, 03:52 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yay, for an update! Love your sense of humor... I can't wait to hear more!

I love the Ghirardelli (is that the correct spelling?) ice cream place! I forced myself to order a sundae even though I was stuffed from dinner when I passed it.

yeah can't wait to hear more!!

Thanks for following along. I PROMISE it gets more interesting!! :rotfl:

disprincessatheart
05-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Sunday we woke up way before the 8am alarm - mainly because of the torture devices, er, beds we were subjected to the first night of our trip - those and the car alarm going off outside our window. The combination of those two things woke us up around 7am, but the excitement that I was FINALLY getting to stay at the Grand Floridian is what got me moving. I'd been wanting to stay there as long as I could remember and we were finally splurging on it for the wedding week. We'd decided that even though check in wasn't until later, we'd go there first anyway, then go run our other disney errands until our room was ready.

Once we were up we decided we should go to the restaurant next door and get breakfast. My parents had food we could cook, but we were on vacation, and all the food was in the condo next door with my sister, her husband and kids, and we weren't guessing they were up at 7:30 (we were right). So, we took a nice stroll next door and went to Perkins. I have an unexplained love for Perkins. Ok, there's an explanation - they used to have killer salads served in a giant bowl made out of some sort of french/italian bread. I LOVED those salads and would drive way out of my way to get one on a regular basis. This fall some genious decided to nix the bread bowls and raise the price of the salads. :headache: So, now dh and I just go there for breakfast. Anyway, back to the story. We head to Perkins very early on Sunday morning. There are only about 4 other parties there, but one of them happens to be a group of about 15 or so teenage cheerleaders and their chaperones. They were there for the HS cheerleading competition being held at DHS that weekend. To say they were annoying is definitely an understatment. Really, the adults were the worst. We heard every detail of every routine and squad they had seen the day before with detailed critique. On top of that, our waitress seemed to have a lot of trouble managing the crowd - we never got refills or a check. We just left a $20 knowing that would cover it. We ate fast and got the heck out of there!!

So we made it back to the condo to see my parents had rolled out of bed. We showered, played with my sister's kids for a little bit, packed our overnight bag (we'd packed a bag just for that night so as not to have to unload everything out of our packed car) and headed out to the GF around 11. They were all planning to go to DHS early that day, when we left they were still getting ready :rotfl: We traveled with them once before at Disney and DF and I lost our minds waiting on them, so now we just plan lunches or dinners with them and arrive separately.

When we drove up to the GF I could hardly contain my excitement. We're not used to that level of service, so we kept trying to get our own bags and things, but we got the hang of it. We headed inside to a row of CM's waiting to check us in. On our way in about 10 CM's congratulated us :cloud9: The CM we had was really nice, she congratulated us (I was wearing my ears of course) and she gave us the just married buttons. DF insisted it was too soon to put on the buttons, so I tucked them in my purse.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/justmarriedbuttons.jpg

She checked and our room was ready. She sent us off with directions and our bags were just a couple minutes behind us. DF was impressed with the service, I was in shock of the whole thing finally happening. It was all really surreal. It took me a couple hours before I got myself back to reality!! Here are a few GF pictures I have from our planning trip since we didn't take any this time!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/GFLobby1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/GFLobby2.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/7SeasLagoon.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/GFView.jpg

We wandered over to our room in Sago. We were on the 4th floor in a dormer room with a king bed :banana: DF and I have a king at home, and it just seemed way more honeymoonish to have a King bed and not 2 queen beds. It spoied us though, when we go back for free dining I paid for a King bed upgrade... I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get a concierge or MK view upgrade like so many brides have recieved, but I was happy with the room and didn't want to pout about it, so I let it go. Anyway, I do have pics of the room!! Ok, mostly I have pics of the view and a couple pics I took really quick before we left as I finally remembered we had no pics!!

Our messy room
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/GFRoom-dormer.jpg

Dresser and desk
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/gfroomtv.jpg

and a bunch of pics of the balcony and our view
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/GFRoomview.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/GFmarinaview.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/gfroompatio.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/gfroomview2.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/gfroomview3.jpg

Our luggage showed up about 3 minutes after we got in our room. We unloaded it all, unpacked all the clothes into the dresser (well, it's a small dresser, so as much as we could). As soon as that was done we decided to get some lunch and headed down to the GF Cafe. DF is a huge fan of TS dining so we ate at the GF cafe a lot this trip. Of course we didn't have a reservation, but the GF cafe was always empty, so we were seated right away. We had a nice waiter who sat right down and started asking us how we met and when the wedding would be and all that. I was thinking we'd get one of those free desserts that seem to show up like ants to a picnic for some couples, but nothing for us. I did get him to give us the 10% AP discount even though we hadn't yet gone and activated our passes. oops :sad2: From there we wandered around the resort for a few minutes and headed off to get our AP's and our DDE card. For those of you planning to do either of these tasks at the MK, know that it's a bit harder than at some of the other parks. First, we headed out on the monorail to the TTC as we assumed we'd do everything there. We were right about the AP's. It took about 10 minutes to get everything done. Of course DF got a pic of Cinderella and Prince Charming (same pic as on the just married buttons) on his AP and I got one with Mickey :confused3 How come it always works that way? Last year he had tinkerbell and I had goofy... Anyway, that nice CM put my AP in my soon to be married name for easier use next trip! :thumbsup2 and then told us we had to go to guest services in the town hall on main street to get our DDE. Not that it was a big hardship, but it was a lot of back and forth. So, we headed into the MK, got the DDE card, which by the way was only $60. I had an old form in my wedding binder that I was going to mail in before they started doing them on the spot, and on the form it was $65 - $5 saved right off the bat :rotfl:

As we left the town hall the parade was coming by - guess that means it was around 3:30 by then. The park really wasn't that crowded and we were able to watch from the steps of town hall with the AC coming out the door behind us feeling great!! We aren't normally parade watchers, so it was fun to see it from a good spot like that for once.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/mainstreet.jpg
As soon as we saw the last float about to come into the circle we ducked back out of the park and hopped on the monorail before the rush coming out after the parade. We headed back to the GF, got a cocktail by the pool and hung out in the lobby some. By that time DF's family was almost into Orlando, so we headed out to buy a case of water and meet them at Coronado.

By the time we ran our errand they were in their room already. They got a nice corner room on the first floor with parking right in front of it, but it was about as far as it could be from the food court or the main pool. I know they used the food court for breakfasts that week, but I have no idea if any of them swam, so it probably didn't matter anyway. (CS shot from our trip last year)
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/Coronado1.jpg
They piled into our car (DFil, DBil and DFil's girlfriend) and we took them to the GF for dinner so they could see the WP and get a feel for the size of WDW - they were rookies. They loved the GF (of course) and we wound up eating at GF Cafe again. This time we got our DDE discount! Service for dinner was turtle slow, but we weren't going anywhere anyway, so we didn't mind. Again though, no pixie dust. We took them over to our room before we drove them back so they could see the difference to their room. When we got there we'd finally been visited by tinkerbell!! pixiedust: We had a rose, a mini bottle of champagne with glasses and a card from mickey and minnie congratulating us. Of course DF's name was spelled wrong (see post 1 for more on that saga) but it was really nice!! That was also our first night of turndown service - LOVE THAT!!

After we returned DF's family to CS, we came back and watched Wishes before calling it a night.

Up next: Day 3 - Animal Kingdom and the great Chef Mickey's drama! (with pictures!!)

PhilHarMaestro
05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Loving you TR so far. It's nice to see an escape one? Can I ask what time did you get married? Mine is at noon, and I really want a wishes cruise or dessert party but can figure out what to do inbetween, because I refuse to remove the dress (mainly because I'm very stubborn!:headache:

lov2b@disney
05-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Enjoying your trip report, keep it coming!:thumbsup2

29apr00
05-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Glad you finally got some pixie dust!

Beep
05-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Great trip report :thumbsup2

Lynn5700
05-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi!!!!

I love your review of the GF..Congratulations on your wedding!!!!!

After reading this I so want to stay at the GF for our anniversary next May!!

I can't wait to hear about Chef mickeys..sorry you had a bad experience...I hope for the most part you guys got to enjoy it.

disprincessatheart
05-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Loving you TR so far. It's nice to see an escape one? Can I ask what time did you get married? Mine is at noon, and I really want a wishes cruise or dessert party but can figure out what to do inbetween, because I refuse to remove the dress (mainly because I'm very stubborn!:headache:

I felt the same way about my dress, though I ended up changing even before dinner! We got married at 2:30 - gave us plenty of time before and the flow was perfect straight thru from the wedding on. If you stick with noon you will have a bit of downtime, but I don't think you'll have as much time to fill as you think. We thought we'd be bored from 4 to 5:30 for dinner, but by the time we finished cake we went straight to dinner and straight from there to the boat.

Enjoying your trip report, keep it coming!:thumbsup2

Glad you finally got some pixie dust!

Great trip report :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

Hi!!!!

I love your review of the GF..Congratulations on your wedding!!!!!

After reading this I so want to stay at the GF for our anniversary next May!!

I can't wait to hear about Chef mickeys..sorry you had a bad experience...I hope for the most part you guys got to enjoy it.

It was an amazing resort. I'm already working on DH for our anniversary next year! Chef Mickey's just wasn't the right thing to do the night before the wedding - too hectic!!

disprincessatheart
06-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Day 3 technically started a bit rough around 3am. I woke up to a flashing alarm clock and I was really hot. Turns out the GF had a power outage in the middle of the night, and even though the alarm clock was set, it didn't do anything but flash 12 after the power came back on :scared1: Imagine what would have happened if it had done that the following night and I'd overslept the morning of the wedding!! :furious: So, we got up, adjusted the thermostat and set our cell phone alarms for our morning wakeup. We never used the GF alarm the rest of the trip.

We managed to get right back to sleep and woke up after our first night at the Grand Floridian loving it!! We decided to head to Gasparillas for breakfast. We ordered way too much food and threw half of it away - I really wanted to try everything, not sure why I thought I needed to try it all at once? :confused3 Anyway, after that we showered and got ready for AK. We were to meet the inlaws there around 8:30 for their first Disney park. We got there at 9, regular park opening, so other than it taking a couple minutes for us to get thru the turnstyles, we were off and going at a decent time. I should mention, DH and I NEVER make morning EMH and usually by the time the night ones roll around, we're too tired. Guess we're old at 30! :lmao:

We went straight to the safari ride and had a 15 min wait:thumbsup2 Everyone enjoyed it and DBil took a ton of pics with his new camera he got just for the trip. Oh, side note - DBil is single and shy. We werent' sure he was really interested in going to Disney, so we were trying hard to make sure we got to do and see a lot so that we wouldnt feel so bad about forcing everyone to go to Disney. Well, besides the new camera, DBil also bought a whole new summer wardrobe for the trip, and several Disney souvineers - we think he liked it! ;) Ok, back to the story. On our safari we saw way more animals than normal. DF was amazed and I reminded him how we never get there that early, so the animals weren't napping by the time we arrived that day! After that we headed to the walking trails and found the male gorillas were fighting that day :eek: They were really loud and running around a lot. We'd never experienced that. Apparently they rarely fight like that. Oh, and the fighting was actually funny - there's no physical contact. They make a lot of noise and they run at each other, sort of like playing chicken. :duck:

After gorilla fights, we caught flights of wonder, then headed over to It's tough to be a bug, FOTLK :crazy2: (sorry, but DH wants to see this show every trip and I have seen it way too many times), I did EE by myself, then we did Dinosaur last. For years I've been trying to get DH on some "big kid" rides but he refuses. This time as we're walking he says he'll do Dinosaur, but only go if it's not more than a 20 minute wait - his way out assuming it's way more than that. Nope, 20 min on the dot!! :banana: So we all headed in. DF gets off and tells me he wants to do that ride again :faint: We never did get to it again, but I was glad to get him trying some new things. :thumbsup2 It was around 3 at this point and since it was the day before our wedding, I really wanted to get back to the GF, collect my thoughts, get our gifts together for the family for our dinner at Chef Mickey's, get cleaned up and get to our 6:50 reservation on time. So that's what we did. We had driven the inlaws to the contemporary from CS the night before, so when we left we reminded them again where they needed to go and separated for a couple of hours. I wished I'd had more time to get myself together, but it worked out ok.

Up next, why is everyone lost and why is my wedding not a big deal?? (bridezilla moment). Oh, and the next half has pictures!!

figmentcookie
06-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Up next, why is everyone lost and why is my wedding not a big deal?? (bridezilla moment). Oh, and the next half has pictures!!

I'm enjoying your TR :goodvibes Keep it coming!

disprincessatheart
06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
After leaving AK we headed back to the GF. This was the only day we took bus transportation and each time the bus arrived as we were walking up :thumbsup2 Anway, back in our room DF and I each got showered and changed for dinner at Chef Mickey's. I had a sundress that I wanted to wear as it was our rehearsal dinner, and DF put on nice shorts and a polo shirt. I knew my mom and sister had each brought nice clothes to wear too. Well, around the time we got back to our room, I talked to my parents. Their original plan was to spend that day at the pool with my sister and her kids so they wouldn't be too tired the next day. For some reason I can't remember now, instead they decided to do MK that day :faint: Also, my sister and her kids take forever to get up and going anywhere, so I knew they hadn't been there all that long. We talked to them around 4 and they were saying they guessed they'd have to leave shortly to go back to their hotel and get changed. I told them they might as well stay and enjoy a little more park time and then just monorail over to the Contemporary instead of wasting a bunch of time going back and forth just to get changed. Wasn't that nice of me? :cutie: To be honest, at 4 if they hadn't already left I knew that by the time they got all the way to the car, drove to the hotel, got everyone changed and made it back, they'd totally be late.

So, while DH gets ready, I package up the gifts we brought and look quickly thru my wedding binder I've been addicted to for 2 years. I called Tanis and Beauty Speciale to give them room numbers and finally got a hold of someone at the GF to order bottled waters for our Wishes cruise. I wasn't going to because they were really pricey, and I couldn't get anyone to call me back, but when DH heard there wasn't anything to eat or drink, I could tell he was not happy. Anyway, sometime after 6 DF and I are ready to head over to the contemporary. We were both hungry and wanted to make sure we were there before everyone else. DF finally gave in to me saying now it was time for me to wear my ears :bride: so I was on :cloud9: (I had worn them to DTD and all the previous day but for some reason he was grouchy about me wearing them to AK so I hadn't been wearing them yet that day) We headed out to the monorail to tons of congratulations from most of the people we walked by. DH is shy, so I thought this would bother him, but when we sat down on the monorail he commented on how he wasn't expecting so many regular guests to congraulate us and how cool it was :hyper:

While we were on the monorail, people started losing it. For some reason, the map and directions I had mailed to everyone, Disney signs and our dry run the day before were not enough to get DF's family from CS to the Contemporary for dinner :confused: So we had to talk them thru the drive over the phone. By the time we got to the contemporary they were parking the car, so they weren't too lost, but come on!! It's a huge hotel right next to the MK, you can't find that??? Anyway, next I get a call from my friend who's coming in for the wedding. She's lost coming in from the airport. She's supposed to be headed to my parent's timeshare off property, she's now 6 hours late and she's calling me from EPCOT???? :confused: Her flight was delayed by bad weather, and then she was on her phone and missed the exit for 192, so she ended up in Disney. Luckily the toll attendant at EPCOT got her back to 192 and she found her way from there. As soon as I hang up from that call we meet up with DF's family and I call mine to see where they are. It's now 6:40 and our reservation is at 6:50. They tell me they're getting on the monorail. Perfect!
I got to check us in and they tell me the reservation was 6:40 - oops!! Anyway, they tell me I have to wait until the rest of the group arrives and then come back up. :headache: FINE. So several minutes more go by and I call my family. Oops, they took the wrong monorail from MK and now they're at the TTC getting on the resort monorail... This is not their first time to Disney. This is about their 10th visit, how on EARTH did they get on the wrong monorail?? :rolleyes1 Ok, so they finally get there about 15 min after the real reservation time, we go up to the podium and they send us into the CHef Mickey's waiting area of despair.

So we have 10 people, including a 3 year old and 4 year old and we're all really hungry. Not to mention DF is awful when he's hungry. I learned this on our first WDW trip when he flipped out a couple times and then was sweet as can be after food. :idea: They send us into the line do to our picture. DF and I are the only ones dressed up, everyone else is in park clothes, and we're all hungry. Now they make us take a picture in front of a gigantic empty plate?? Ok, we move on. They herd us into the "waiting area of despair". The waiting area at Chef Mickey's for those of you who haven't experienced it, is a row of chairs that faces the buffet. You sit there, stare at the food and the people getting food, and you wait. We waited, and waited and waited. I went up to the podium twice to beg them to seat us. It took another 40 minutes, so now a full hour after we arrived. It was awful. We finally sit down and everyone is starving. We head out to the buffet, no one is having fun and we all scarf down a bunch of food. The food was fine, nothing much to say either way. The characters come around, my niece and nephew get lots of pictures, but no attention for the bride and groom :( To be fair, we were on the inside and made no attempt to get up, but I would have thought mickey would blow me a kiss or something. Here are the much promised and rarely seen pictures from that actual meal.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008012.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008013.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008014.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008016.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008017.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008019.jpg

At some point the poor picture girl comes by to ask if we want to pay $30 for a copy of the picture of us all in front of the giant plate, um, NO. We were not amused at the price of that picture of nothing! Anyway, we handed out presents to everyone at the end of the meal. It was hard to do since we couldn't get up and out to everyone, they seemed to like them enough. The waiter comes with our bill and proceeds to tell me they can't split the bill with our group and the DDE card. I was total bridezilla. I tell him that he can and he will because when I bought the card yesterday they told me so. He then backpedals and tells me they can split the payments off the one bill, just can't split the bill. Since it's a buffet and everyone was the same price, it was easy enough to do that and we got our discount! We left after that and got some pics on the way out.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008021.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008022.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008023.jpg

I was a little bummed that our dinner hadn't been what I pictured. We didnt' really talk about the wedding at all and everyone paid way more attention to my adorable niece and nephew than the bride (oh, and the groom lol)

DF and I said goodnight and gave everyone the plan one more time for the morning. We headed back to the GF to listen to the music in the lobby and get a drink in the lounge. It was nice but we were ready to get back to our room and get ourselves ready for the next day. We were asleep by 11 or so and ready for the next day!!

Up next - after 2 years can it really finally be our wedding day?!?!?!?!?!? :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana:

orangetiggs
06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
i want more!!!!!

sorry to hear about chef mickeys. we have that booked as our welcome dinner, maybe i should change it

29apr00
06-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Sorry about Chef Mickey's, seems to be lots of people waiting insane amounts of time for that restaurant. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!!

snow_white725
06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh - I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Your wedding is exactly what we are planning! :bride: We are getting married at the WP and then are planning to book a firework cruise and Narcoosees. Any tips on either would be greatly appreciated!! :lovestruc

I'm sorry about how Chef Mickey turned out. I have never been a fan of that place. :worried:

disprincessatheart
06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
i want more!!!!!

sorry to hear about chef mickeys. we have that booked as our welcome dinner, maybe i should change it

It wasn't the worst meal, just wasn't what I'd hoped for. Definitely make sure everyone arrives EARLY and I'd say sit on the outside so you get some character attention!!

I'm enjoying your TR :goodvibes Keep it coming!

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Sorry about Chef Mickey's, seems to be lots of people waiting insane amounts of time for that restaurant. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!!

We hadn't done CM in a LONG time, now I know why!! Luckily that was our last bad dining experience, and even that wasn't terrible, so I think we did ok!

Oh - I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Your wedding is exactly what we are planning! :bride: We are getting married at the WP and then are planning to book a firework cruise and Narcoosees. Any tips on either would be greatly appreciated!! :lovestruc

I'm sorry about how Chef Mickey turned out. I have never been a fan of that place. :worried:

Glad you're enjoying it!! I think you're going to be really pleased with your choices - we definitely were!! My only real tip is to make sure you talk to someone at Narcoossee's a couple weeks before your wedding. We had the reservation at 180 days +10 and they had it in their computer right along, but no one ever called us as they said they would to confirm our guest count and details on the menu. It took me a week or more to get ahold of the person incharge of large groups there and when I did she said she was glad I called because they needed to print up our menus with the packaged offering and our names on them! Oh, and make sure you get the DDE card - saved us $200+ on that meal alone! Our server was really nice and put all the drinks on the bill with the 10 adult meals we were getting at a discount, and then put the other 5 adult and 2 kids meals on a separate check - saved us a bit extra!

adaygaby
06-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Enjoying your TR...can't wait to read more.

snow_white725
06-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Glad you're enjoying it!! I think you're going to be really pleased with your choices - we definitely were!! My only real tip is to make sure you talk to someone at Narcoossee's a couple weeks before your wedding. We had the reservation at 180 days +10 and they had it in their computer right along, but no one ever called us as they said they would to confirm our guest count and details on the menu. It took me a week or more to get ahold of the person incharge of large groups there and when I did she said she was glad I called because they needed to print up our menus with the packaged offering and our names on them! Oh, and make sure you get the DDE card - saved us $200+ on that meal alone! Our server was really nice and put all the drinks on the bill with the 10 adult meals we were getting at a discount, and then put the other 5 adult and 2 kids meals on a separate check - saved us a bit extra!

Thank you so much again for the tips! We are going to be 6 months out in about 12 days so I am going to give Narcoosee's a call. Did you call Disney group reservations to make your booking or did you call the restaurant directly? Also, did the offer to make the special menus for you or do you have to ask for them to set that up? I really like the idea of offering our guests 3-4 choices and having everything else already taken care of. :)
Thanks again!! :goodvibes

Rora
06-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I love your TR and can't wait to read more! Thanks for all the vendor reviews!
I'm awaiting your next post! :)

disprincessatheart
06-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Enjoying your TR...can't wait to read more.

Glad you guys are enjoying reading - I'm enjoying reliving it!

Thank you so much again for the tips! We are going to be 6 months out in about 12 days so I am going to give Narcoosee's a call. Did you call Disney group reservations to make your booking or did you call the restaurant directly? Also, did the offer to make the special menus for you or do you have to ask for them to set that up? I really like the idea of offering our guests 3-4 choices and having everything else already taken care of. :)
Thanks again!! :goodvibes

I called group dining and they transfered me to Narcoossee's. Apparently Narcoossee's makes their own group reservations, so you might as well call there directly. If you're only 12 days out from your 180 day mark you might want to just go ahead and call now - call in the late afternoon and you might get someone to answer the phone, otherwise you'll just leave a message and wait for them to call you back. The set menu is the only thing they do for large parties, and they did the personalization, didn't have to ask. It was nice to not have to worry about how much the bill might be, the prices were set so we could plan - we came in under budget on drinks too!

I love your TR and can't wait to read more! Thanks for all the vendor reviews!
I'm awaiting your next post! :)

Glad it's helpful!

disprincessatheart
06-03-2008, 08:31 PM
We woke up around 7 to a call from Carolyn Allen's wanting to confirm directions to my parents timeshare for our dress steaming. Unfortunatley I had cancelled the dress steaming about 2 weeks earlier (my dress was tulle and didn't wrinkle!). So after appologizing to this poor woman for the mixup (yes, I saved the email they sent me confirming they'd cancelled it) DF and I looked and each other with the biggest smiles on our face and both said in unison "IT'S WEDDING DAY!!!" :bride: :groom:

The alarm was going to go off in a few minutes anyway, so we went ahead and got up. I loved getting up in our room at the Grand - it was so beautiful!!
I went ahead and got in the shower since DF was going to take his after he dropped me off. I got dressed and got the rest of my things together that we hadn't left with my parents the first night in Florida. I had made last minute confirmation phone calls the day before to Tanis, the Grand 1 and Beauty Speciale, so I was pretty sure we were all set. I put out the things that DF needed to bring to Tanis before the ceremony - one coach shopping bag with everything for our ceremony and cake cutting and made sure he had the rings!! After that I put on my bride ears and we headed out to breakfast.

We walked down to the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. We got the usual "when was your wedding?" question that you get when you wear those ears, and I finally got to say "It's today!". It was so cool! :banana: We had a great breakfast and it was really nice to relax together for a little bit before everything got started. I was a little disappointed we didn't get any pixie dust, but it was nice just the same. (btw, there were a bunch of ladies in the restaurant then with pink roses like the ones in the vases on the table - I was sure since it was my wedding day I'd get one too, but no - hmph) I will admit I was a little worried about time, but we were right on schedule. DF and I headed over to my parents timeshare a little after 8:30. Our hair appointment was scheduled for 9. As we're walking to the car, I get a call from a number I don't recognize. It was Lilly from Beauty Speciale (who I couldn't understand that well on the phone) and she was saying she was lost. :faint: I immediately panic and tell her that I will call her back in 2 minutes. I called my parents and tell them they need to call her back and give her directions. I figured they'd have a map, and my sister has an iphone so at least they could look up directions from wherever she was. :eek: A few minutes later my dad calls and says that she's just down the road and they've got her headed the right way. The timeshare isn't too far off property, so as we arrive I see my dad driving out and I was kinda thinking he was going to look for her :confused: I get inside and find out that's exactly what he was doing (good job dad!) Well, apparently she was on the other end of 192 from their condo. We'd been telling her it was the hotel behind Perkins, but she was at a different Perkins on 192. I was so glad I delegated that to someone else!!! My dad found her and got her there only about 9:15, so it all worked out and no big deal. Turns out Lilly is from Tampa and wasn't too sure where our off property place was, even though I sent directions... Not a big deal though.

Anyway, Lilly and Lorena brought in all the gear and got started!!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008024.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/momhairdo.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/myhairprogresss.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/myhair.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/momshairback.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008031.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008032.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008033.jpg

While we were all getting ready, my dad took control of my sister's kids, ran to the drugstore when my sister realized she forgot tights for my niece, ran to the ATM when we realized we could only pay with cash (why on earth did I not know that?), made me some lunch and somehow got himself ready too! :hug: I think it kept him busy and not nervous though. Of course with him being really busy, and everyone else getting their hair done, there was no one to pay attention to me. It really wasn't the way I pictured getting ready for my wedding at all. I thought they'd have mimosas and that we'd have lots of time and be really relaxed. Nope - we had water and my niece and nephew insisted on cartoons - they're not bad kids, but no one ever tells them no.... Lilly and Lorena were cleaning up while waiting on my dad to come back with money and I started freaking out that my hair was too big, my makeup was too much and my lips looked too big. It was bad for a minute!! I finally just decided it was too late and I had to deal. I had no idea what time it was, but it felt really late and I knew that hair and makeup was scheduled till 12 but had run late and the limo was coming at 1:40 and none of us were dressed yet - and with 2 kids that's a big time crunch :scared1:

I made my mom and sister go ahead and get dressed while I put on my shoes and jewelry. Then I put on my million hook bra and got dressed back in my shorts and shirt to wait for time to put my dress on. When my dad got back, Lilly and Lorena said their goodbyes, and I was freaking out! (sorry no pics) My dad quickly got dressed and my sister got her kids ready as fast as she could. I couldn't wait anymore so I made my mom help me get dressed (sister would have had an easier time). My sister came upstairs and I was already in my dress. She was bummed she missed that but she helped get my skirt straight and the other finishing touches, then we headed down stairs.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008035-1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008036.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008037.jpg

Around that time the limo driver called. She was on her way and wanted to confirm directions. :moped: Luckily she wasn't lost :worship: She showed up a few minutes later, we loaded all my stuff in the trunk, and loaded all of us into the car, family caravan behind us and headed off to the wedding pavilion!!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008039.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008040.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008042.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008043.jpg

(at this point I was happy as a clam, but I wasn't realizing I'd never once looked at my wedding binder all day. Why on earth did I have that darn thing if I wasn't even going to do any last minute checking??)

Up next, the Ceremony!!!

IndyBride
06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Enjoying your trip report!! Thank you for sharing!

jennifaerie
06-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Princesses all around!

You all looked beautiful!

lov2b@disney
06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Enjoying your TR! Cant wait to read more!

29apr00
06-04-2008, 08:20 AM
i LOVE your hair!! It's so beautiful, and your tiara too!! Lilly did a great job!! And your little flower girl too!! How cute!!

Can't wait to read the rest.

BTW - what is the pink box your FG is holding in the car?? Something for the ceremony, or just a toy for her?

disprincessatheart
06-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Enjoying your trip report!! Thank you for sharing!

Princesses all around!

You all looked beautiful!

Enjoying your TR! Cant wait to read more!

Thank you all!! I really like sharing my story!!

i LOVE your hair!! It's so beautiful, and your tiara too!! Lilly did a great job!! And your little flower girl too!! How cute!!

Can't wait to read the rest.

BTW - what is the pink box your FG is holding in the car?? Something for the ceremony, or just a toy for her?

Thanks - we were really happy with Lilly and Lorena! My niece's hair was amazing - it's so fine you can barely put a pony tail in, so to have her hair stay up all day was a feat of wonder! The pink thing she's holding was a gift we got her for being in the wedding. We gave it to her on our first night in Florida and she LOVED it! I got it 2 years ago off the old disney ebay site - its a ragdoll type baby cinderella. What you see is the carrier/bed it came in. it also had a baby bijorn(sp?) type thing - it was too cute. Of course my niece named her cinderella doll Aurora :lmao: We did get her to leave it in the car for the ceremony.

orangetiggs
06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
can we get some more pleasE!! :-)

keenercam
06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
WOW! You looked absolutely stunning! Your hair and makeup are perfect! I mean that! Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more! :banana:

WithDisneySpirit
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I agree, your hair and makeup was just wonderful, no need to have freaked at all :goodvibes Everyone looked great!! More please :lovestruc

disprincessatheart
06-06-2008, 01:09 PM
can we get some more pleasE!! :-)

WOW! You looked absolutely stunning! Your hair and makeup are perfect! I mean that! Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more! :banana:

I agree, your hair and makeup was just wonderful, no need to have freaked at all :goodvibes Everyone looked great!! More please :lovestruc

Thanks everyone!! I really was freaked out about it that day, and even wasn't sure I liked it when I saw the first pictures, but now that it's been a few weeks and I've looked back at other people's pics I like it. I guess I'm just so not used to seeing myself with so much makeup on.

disprincessatheart
06-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Just a side note before I continue on for future brides. All along the planning process I was sure that having hair and makeup done from 9 to 12 as suggested would give us plenty of time before the wedding at 2:30. On the day of, as you saw, we ended up running late to start and then even a little later with our payment mixup. By the time everyone started getting dressed it really felt rushed and we were practically running out the door. I guess it would have been enough time if everything had gone smoothly, and we had enough time for the mishaps, just looking back I wish I’d had longer to let things sink in!

Ok, in the immortal words of the old Mickey soap wrappers, “All clean and pretty? Then on with the show!”

As we were driving towards the WP I started to panic a little. Last year DF got really freaked out about the wedding and we ended up postponing a year. (we called it off 6 weeks out, so he didn’t no show at the ceremony) I spoke to him around 11:30 and he sounded good, but he was getting ready by himself (his choice) and he’d been by himself since he dropped me off at 9. It was now a bit after 2 and I was starting to wonder if he was freaked out again and if he was somehow not going to be there when we arrived. I didn’t tell anyone that’s what I was thinking, they were having too much fun in the limo, but I was freaked!

Side note: It’s a REALLY good thing I hadn’t seen the sex and the city movie before our wedding!!!!

Anyway, we pulled up to the WP and I was super excited and nervous and panicking all at the same time! The family piled out first, and then the limo driver came around to help me out. As soon as she opened the door Paul was there introducing himself and congratulating me – at that moment in time I didn’t even remember that there would be a photographer much less that there would be one that I requested.. lol. He was snapping away as I got out of the car, then Tanis was there directing us to the bride’s vestibule. I noticed on the sign as we walked by we were the only wedding at the WP that day – for some reason that was cool to me! Luckily others thought the sign was cool and took some pics!!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00041.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00043.jpg

Walking across that bridge finally as a bride was surreal. We’d been there so many times peeking in, for our planning session and now it was really our wedding!! We went into the vestibule and the first thing I asked Tanis was if everyone was there and of course she said yes. I instantly relaxed knowing if DF wasn’t there she would have said something at that point. She started talking me thru the ceremony, Teresa Knox came in and introduced herself and ran thru a couple other things. While we were all talking I spied my bouquet and grabbed it – I was probably supposed to wait for it to be given to me, but as soon as I saw it I had to have it! LOL

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/myboquet.jpg

My niece and nephew LOVED the bride’s vestibule. They were playing with the antique phone and filling up cups of water like crazy – anything they can reach is fun I guess. It was pretty cramped for us, so I have no idea what girls with a bigger bridal party do. I can’t understand why they have 2 small rooms instead of one big one – wouldn’t that be simpler? I mean there aren’t ever times with 2 brides at the WP at once, the universe would implode, so why the 2 rooms??
Anyway, all the flowers were pinned on and passed out, Tanis did one last check and said we were a few minutes early, but everyone was there and everything was ready so we might as well get started.

(again, this would have been a good time to quickly scan one of the 1000 checklists in the wedding binder, but NO, why on earth would that occur to me??)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00044.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00045.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00046.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00047.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00048.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00050.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00051.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00052.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00054.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00055.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00056.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00057.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00059.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00062.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00063.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00066.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00067.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00069.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00071.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00072.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00075.jpg

The ceremony was really nice. Teresa did exactly what we asked and when she added a story or 2 they went perfectly with the feel we had asked for. My nephew was too cute. About half way thru our very short ceremony, he got bored I guess and started singing trying to get his sister to play with him! It was adorable! We all giggled – helped break the seriousness. Even Teresa laughed and said she couldn’t out do him so she’d let him finish. Then my niece stepped around my gigantic dress and shooshed her brother and then stepped right back into place – it was so cute!! Oh, the other memorable moment was the unity candle. Before the ceremony they told us both that we’d pick up the little candle you use to light the center, both light that and then I’d hand my candle to DF for him to blow out so as not to catch my dress, hair or veil on fire – good idea!! Well right after we did all that, the main candle looked like it was about to go out. DF was paying way more attention than I was and he grabbed one of the little candles, relit it, and then made sure the unity candle didn’t go out – he was very proud of that! It was really sweet!

Up next: Pictures and Cake!!

jennifaerie
06-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh, wow! Your bouquet is gorgeous!

snow_white725
06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Ahhhhh - the unity candle story is really sweet! I can't wait for more!

29apr00
06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
:rotfl: it's always the kids that seem to make memorable moments at weddings. Great story! I loved your bouquet! I hope you got more pictures of it! :thumbsup2

meryll83
06-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Loving your TR - can I ask, when you were on the Grand 1, was there enough deck space for you all to watch the fireworks outside, I was worried we wouldn't all fit on deck if we decide to splash out on this?

Did you order any of the food/drinks from their menus at all?

Looking forward to hearing more, everything and everyone looked beautiful!

disprincessatheart
06-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Oh, wow! Your bouquet is gorgeous!

Thank you - I really loved it!

Ahhhhh - the unity candle story is really sweet! I can't wait for more!

:lovestruc

:rotfl: it's always the kids that seem to make memorable moments at weddings. Great story! I loved your bouquet! I hope you got more pictures of it! :thumbsup2

Yes, we have a bunch of pics of the bouquet, just didn't have them in photobucket. Paul got some really good pics of it!

Loving your TR - can I ask, when you were on the Grand 1, was there enough deck space for you all to watch the fireworks outside, I was worried we wouldn't all fit on deck if we decide to splash out on this?

Did you order any of the food/drinks from their menus at all?

Looking forward to hearing more, everything and everyone looked beautiful!

Everyone was able to watch Wishes no problem. Real seats out on the decks there's enough room for about 12, then there's plenty more standing room and a couple of our guests sat on the stairs. I think we had 5 upstairs, 2 on the stairs, 7 sitting downstairs and that must have left 3 standing since we had 17. It wasn't an issue. We only ordered waters for the wishes cruise since we'd come straight from a huge dinner at Narcoossee's. Nobody even touched them, so at the end of the night we had to make everyone take a bottle so we wouldn't waste the $80 we spent. I'd say only do it if it's been a while since a meal, otherwise don't bother. The only thing anyone wanted to do was sit outside and see the views! THey drove us all around by the poly, contemporary, Wilderness lodge, etc and then back out in front of the castle about 10 minutes before WIshes started. We stayed parked right there for the start of the electric water pagent and then went back in.

disprincessatheart
06-11-2008, 10:06 PM
I completely forgot to add in our prof pictures from our wedding day. We were really pleased with the way they came out! Thanks Paul!!!

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Username: Campbell / Petway Wedding
Password: 1971

PhilHarMaestro
06-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Your pics are beautiful!!! Can I ask did your bouquet come with the package or did you have to pay extra?
BTW: I love the one where it looks like your cake topper is looking at you (that sounds creepy but you know what I mean!!! :rotfl:

WithDisneySpirit
06-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I just finished looking at all your beautiful pictures. I am up past my bedtime too, lol!! I loved Paul too - he did our MK photo shoot :thumbsup2

disprincessatheart
06-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Your pics are beautiful!!! Can I ask did your bouquet come with the package or did you have to pay extra?
BTW: I love the one where it looks like your cake topper is looking at you (that sounds creepy but you know what I mean!!! :rotfl:

That bouquet was one of the package choices, nothing extra. I really loved the way it came out and it smelled amazing! I know the pictures you mean and we really loved those too!! Gotta love Paul!

I just finished looking at all your beautiful pictures. I am up past my bedtime too, lol!! I loved Paul too - he did our MK photo shoot :thumbsup2

Paul is definitely the best! A couple of the early pictures he took over the back of his head as he was walking in front of us over the bridge to the WP. I actually said to my sister "what is he doing??" and then when I saw the pics I realized he totally knew what he was doing!! :lovestruc

29apr00
06-12-2008, 08:47 AM
THe Pictures are great!! Lovely day!

bestla
06-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Awww you looked so beautiful!!! :cutie:

I love your colors too--the flowers were gorgeous!!

Rora
06-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Your pictures are beautiful! And the unity candle story is really sweet!

snow_white725
06-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I love the photos! :goodvibes

By the way, we booked our Narcoossee's reception last night. Thanks again for your help on that! We are sooooo excited!

disprincessatheart
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
THe Pictures are great!! Lovely day!

Awww you looked so beautiful!!! :cutie:

I love your colors too--the flowers were gorgeous!!

Your pictures are beautiful! And the unity candle story is really sweet!

Thank you all so much!! I was really happy with the way everything turned out that day!!

I love the photos! :goodvibes

By the way, we booked our Narcoossee's reception last night. Thanks again for your help on that! We are sooooo excited!

YAY!! Glad I could help someone!! You're going to really enjoy it! My one tip now is, make sure you sit facing the water - DH and I faced the bar while the flower girl and ring bearer who never sat in their seats had water views :confused3

jessesgirl-080708
06-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Your pics are gorgeous!! I love how everything was color coordinated!!!

disprincessatheart
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Your pics are gorgeous!! I love how everything was color coordinated!!!

Thanks!! From all the bad stories you can hear on the boards about Disney photography, I sometimes worried about how the pics would turn out, but I think we got great pictures!

It's funny how well the colors came out considering nothing was matched ahead of time. My dress was ordered in October 06, my niece's dress was purchased in Feb 07, mom bought her dress online in January of this year, and then my sister got hers in LATE Februrary without matching it to her daughter's. With all that I just told Rosie what colors I wanted the flowers to be, no swatches, and then I got my sister's bouquet for $5 at Michaels about 3 months before the wedding. It really did all work out nicely, but looking back, it could have been a real mess!! I kinda liked the idea though of having a lot of different purples so that it wasn't so monochromatic, and I think it worked.

disprincessatheart
06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
So, continuing on with our big day…

I left off right after the ceremony. We went outside, signed the license and started the pictures. Paul had done DH’s pics with his family before the wedding, and then we did mine and ours together after. We got some cute group pics, all the guests got their pics, and then they shuttled everyone else over to the GF while we did our pictures outside.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008047.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008046.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00138.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00137.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00136.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00135.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00145.jpg

I had requested all the extra locations so we rushed a little bit to get them all in, but Paul didn’t seem to mind and I’m really glad we did because we like those better than the posed ones inside the WP. Paul and Tanis had to take my shoes off for the beach pics, that must have been tons of fun for them!! It was a little hard to walk on the sand, but the pics are really cute.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00117.jpg

After the beach pictures DH and I got in the limo and he put my shoes back on – it was really sweet! When we got out of the limo at the GF we were welcomed with a ton of congratulations – that was our first real round of congrats since I hadn’t worn my ears much yet. We got escorted in by the famous GF greeter (Side note: when we’d arrived to check in 2 days prior, DH thought the greeter was creepy for some reason, but when he was announcing the newlyweds to everyone within earshot, he was DH’s new favorite person! LOL) and headed over to the staircase for my last requested location. I have to say, I was expecting more. I mean, I’ve been to the GF before, and walked up and down the stairs, but somehow in my head the staircase was more grand. Maybe it was the lighting at that particular time of day?? I don’t know, but it wasn’t quite what I expected. The pics outside were way better.

We headed upstairs where we met back up with Tanis and were announced as husband and wife. I think the order was announcement, champagne toast, cake cutting and then first dance, but I might be confused. Anyway, we’d upgraded the cake and we loved it. Everyone had a chocolate and an almond piece and there was plenty of champagne for everyone even with only 2 bottles (I only ordered the one extra because didn’t want to waste anything and we only had 16 adults and a couple don’t drink). I had originally ordered bottled waters, then cancelled them – turns out I should have kept them. (note: after I thought about it, there were waters and cokes in the limo that NO ONE drank - we should have grabbed those!) The server had a pitcher of water and small cups, but that’s what everyone wanted, and it wasn’t even THAT hot that day. We were only supposed to have the Commander’s Terrace until 4 I think, but since we were the only wedding that day Tanis said it was fine to stay until 5 and then head over to our dinner. I’m pretty sure Paul and Tanis were both there after 4. The server boxed up all the extra cake we had and filled the XL cheap Tupperware containers I brought too to share the extra cake we knew we'd have with our guests - what's better in a hotel room than leftover wedding cake??

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00158.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00159.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00148.jpg

Here’s where I made a second mistake. (of course I hadn't realized the first one yet) We had all that cake and a couple other bags of stuff that needed to go back to our room. I’d already had my sister take a couple of my bags from the limo to bell services (dress bag, tote with the clothes I wore that morning, etc) so they could take them to our room. I definitely should have done that with all the wedding stuff too!! We walked over to our room, got lots of congratulations, but by the time we got there I was so hot that I had to change out of my dress – I was afraid I was going to pass out! Of course then DH was only too happy to change. As soon as I had the dress and bra off, I was instantly regretting it, but it was too late as DH was halfway changed and there’s no way he could have helped me get back into the dress on his own! So, I put on a cute white sequined top I’d brought and a skirt and we headed off to meet everyone at Narcoossee’s for dinner. I did leave my hair and tiara in, and all the makeup was in tact. I’m sure we were 100x more comfortable in the casual clothes, but it was sad to have only been in my dress a few hours. I was a little mad that we had to do this ourselves and that no one offered to help with this task - like maybe my MOH. If someone had done that for us I would have kept my dress on longer. Turns out during that time my sister decided she and her kids were ready to change their clothes - I have no idea why she had to change, but whatever. Again, apparently it wasn't really about me... ANYWAY, I did plan on changing before the Wishes cruise anyway, and as it turned out we would have been really rushing to change after dinner, so it was ok. (Oh, I forgot to mention that my Mom and dad got us a great gift basket delivered to our room that day with all kinds of snack goodies, so DH had already seen it, but I got to see it when we made our cake drop)

We got to Narcoossee’s right when they opened. Pretty much everyone else was already there and we were seated immediately. For those of you using Narcoossee’s, they sat us in the upstairs portion (it’s up about 3 steps from the tables along the windows). The entire restaurant is not that big, only 3 tables deep, so it wasn’t private but it was really nice and we were separated from the other tables. We had a reservation for 20, ended up with 19. They put 2 long tables end to end, but with a gap between them because the restaurant is curved, so they couldn’t really go right against each other. DH and I sat at the end of one where it met the other, we sat on the outside of the L shape so that we could see pretty much everyone while we ate. It only dawned on me later when my dad mentioned it that we didn’t get to see out to the water at all. My niece and nephew, and their dad who showed up finally about 20 minutes after we got to dinner (he’s a pilot and couldn’t get out of work that day) all had water view seats and I’m sure could have cared less, plus the kids never sat in their seats! We had excellent service and the food was great. My only other regret about dinner was, we didn’t take many pictures! We had a ton of food – 2 plates on each table of each of the following: Crab cakes, calamari and shrimp. Oh, and there was bread. They offered refills, but we had 3 more courses coming!! They had custom menus printed with our names on them, so everyone knew how much food was coming and paced themselves. Everyone got salads or soup that were huge portions and apparently all really good. I got a seafood bisque and DH got the Caesar salad. For the main course a lot of our guests, including us, got filets. They were excellent. My uncle commented 2 days later he thought it was the best filet he’d ever had. My BIL agreed, he likes his steaks RARE and they were the only restaurant that week that cooked it just the way he wanted. Everything else was apparently great too- salmon and chicken, and one vegan entrée custom made for our one non-family member that attended. She was really embarrassed that they sent the chef out to talk to her to get her order and everyone was making a fuss, but I think she secretly loved it! The last course (not that we had any room left) was dessert. Those were amazing too!! The dinner took 2 ½ hours. I was thinking when we booked that they were exaggerating, but they weren’t!! I’d told the waiter we had Grand 1 reservations right when we sat down and he said he was glad I told him so he could keep the meal moving. It was a nice pace – enough time to eat and not be rushed, but we never felt like we were waiting on things. I wonder how long we would have been there if we hadn’t had those reservations?!

Here are all the pics we got from dinner :confused3
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00160.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00161.jpg

We used our DDE card and saved a couple hundred dollars on the meal – it was very well worth it!! (the meal and the DDE card!) DH got up while the check was being handled so he could run back to the room and get stuff for a headache for him, and different flip flops and a jacket for me (what a nice guy!). I let everyone know it was 8 and we needed to start wrapping up and heading over to the marina for the cruise. People started getting up and heading to the bathroom, etc. By the time the check came back, I was the only one left at the table paying the bill – that really just seemed wrong!! I rejoined everyone at the door, gave them a little crap about ditching me, and we headed off to the marina and said goodbye to my aunt and cousin that couldn't join us because of the boat limitation (only 18 people max and we had 19)

Up next, the Grand 1 Wishes cruise!

snow_white725
06-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I love the update!

29apr00
06-13-2008, 10:53 AM
They left the bride with the bill??!!?!? That's not cool!

disprincessatheart
06-13-2008, 11:00 AM
They left the bride with the bill??!!?!? That's not cool!

Glad it wasn't just me thinking that was wrong! :rotfl: In their defense, that was the plan the whole time, Mom and Dad paid for everything else, DH and I paid for dinner, but they could have at least waited until I paid before they all headed out to the Grand 1!

disprincessatheart
06-15-2008, 10:20 AM
From dinner we went straight across the Grand Floridian grounds to the Grand 1. On our first day of our stay at the GF, I dragged DF over to the Grand to see it up close - come on, it was docked out our window, I had to go see it! They had been very sweet and let us go onboard and check everything out. I was really glad we did that becuase I'd been wanting to wear my dress, but getting on the boat in it would have been a nightmare, and I would have been very limited in where I could go and would have taken up WAY too much room! Anyway, I already knew some of the magic we were in for, but besides us no one else had seen it in person and most didn't know that "fireworks cruise" from the invite meant cruise on a yacht!! :banana: We got to the marnina right on time, DH came over with my change of shoes and a jacket :lovestruc and my dad and I went over to the little window where you check in and pay. As we were walking up, several other groups were boarding pontoon boats for their Wishes cruises that night. And now I have to share the story that was told at least 100 times the rest of that week and probably more since then. (sorry if I already mentioned this elsewhere) While my dad is paying, my aunt comes over and thanks my dad for getting us the BIG boat for our cruise and laughs. My dad and I both say, "You're welcome". She replies with "No, I mean that big one over there". I don't think she actually belived us until I headed down the dock and DH and I got on board. It was pretty funny at the time, and apparently funny after the fact for most of our guests. I guess they all assumed that we were doing a pontoon too, so it was very cool that we had the Grand 1.

The crew were great, we drove all over the 7 seas lagoon and Bay Lake. We went out from the marina, took a right and went down in front of the GF, the WP, the Poly, then over the water bridge to the WL, saw the back of the CR, then back over the water bridge and around to finally park in front of the MK, dead center with the castle about 5 minutes before Wishes started. Here are the shots I have digitally, including some where apparently my sister and her kids explored the boat!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008104.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008099.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008097.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008093.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008092.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008091.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008085.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00164.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00165.jpg

The entire evening was perfect. It was so relaxing and a nice way to really take in the day!! I love Wishes so it was also really nice to get to see it from a different perspective and to have a comfy seat, not fighting a crowd with the music just right so you could hear all of it!! :cool1:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00176.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00178.jpg

We stayed out there for the start of the electric water pagent too, which everyone thought was cool as well! Then we headed back in. We were the last boat to return and it really felt like we got more than the 1 hour we had paid for! Everyone loved it and the coolest thing was that even for the guests who had been to Disney a bunch of times (my one aunt and uncle are owners at SSR I think, and my family has been at least 10 times) it was something totally new and that you wouldn't get at ANY other wedding! And for us, it was so much cheaper than an Illuminations DP!

Once we got off the boat, DH and his brother ran back to our room (it was in the adjacent building) and got all the extra cake for everyone. We decided to walk them all back to the WP to get their cars and say our goodnights. I really didn't want the night to end!!!

DH and I walked back to our room slowly to take in the night. We considered a dip in the hot tub (as we do every night on every trip, and never seem to do it) but we were both starting to feel the excitment of the day turning to exhaustion!! WE went back to our room, opened a couple of cards and spent some time talking about how perfect our day was. DH told me that after he'd dropped me off in the morning he'd gone to the GF pool and read the paper for a while before heading up to the room to get ready (a very relaxing thing for him!) For a couple of months prior we'd been discussing how he would get to the WP for the ceremony. He wanted to walk :scared1: so he could arrive early, but I was insisting that it was too far to walk in the Florida heat in a tux and that he neede to let the limo pick him up from the GF lobby. Everyone else agreed with me, though he never gave in. When I finally had to give Tanis our schedule for the limo, I had it pick up DF's family from Coronado, then go to the GF lobby to pick up DF and drop them all at the WP before coming for me. I told DF that he could just call his family and tell them if he was already on his way to the WP on his own. He told me that night that he was planning to walk, but the walk from our room to the lobby was so warm that he decided to wait for the limo. I was happy to hear that I was right :thumbsup2 and that he was already accepting that his wife knew what was best for him!

Ok, after that story, he helped me take out all my bobby pins and we went to bed exhausted but SO happy!!!

Next up: MK as a married couple!!

snow_white725
06-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Did they play the music for you on the cruise?? I have been wondering that. Also, how crowded was it with 18 people on the boat??

alissa2008
06-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Everything looks great! I'm bummed to hear about Chef Mickeys -- that's where we're doing our RD!! :( any advice to avoid the long wait? There's like 30 of us too... :worried:

disprincessatheart
06-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Did they play the music for you on the cruise?? I have been wondering that. Also, how crowded was it with 18 people on the boat??

Yes, on the Grand 1 and some of the pontoons, they play the music from Wishes. We were just fine with the number of people on the boat. There was actually more room where we could have squeezed in more people (would have been a squeeze to all be outside for Wishes, but not to just be comfy on the boat), but they're limited by boating regulations.

Everything looks great! I'm bummed to hear about Chef Mickeys -- that's where we're doing our RD!! :( any advice to avoid the long wait? There's like 30 of us too... :worried:

Yeah, it really wasn't what I expected at all! I would say make sure to tell everyone 30 min ahead of time so that you're all there in plenty of time to check in. My other tip is to make sure you're sitting on the OUTSIDE (many of the tables are booths) or somewhere else that you can get out to the characters easily so you can get some character pics too! Oh, and don't try to bring gifts there, there's nowehre to keep them and we were falling all over them!

29apr00
06-16-2008, 01:12 PM
The cruise sounds great!! How many will it hold and how much was it?? There wasn't any extra for the music to be played, was there??

disprincessatheart
06-16-2008, 02:56 PM
The cruise sounds great!! How many will it hold and how much was it?? There wasn't any extra for the music to be played, was there??

It was one of the best decisions we could have made! It holds 18 people plus the crew. It was $425 or $450, can't remember for sure and the music is included. We thought it was a good price for that many people! We've already said we'll do it again the next time we have a group going to WDW.

disprincessatheart
06-21-2008, 02:41 PM
The morning after the wedding DH and I decided to sleep in just a little. I had wanted to get up and see the MK opening ceremony, but we were tired and decided to put it off until Friday. When we did get up, DH went down to Gasparillas and got us drinks and forks so we could have wedding cake for breakfast :banana: Our top tier was chocolate with chocolate ganache and rasperry filling, so I was psyched to finally dig in. When he got back we opend up the cake and :faint: it was the middle tier in the box, not our anniversary layer!!! When we passed out cake at the end of the night, DH naturally left the smallest bakery box in our room and we handed out the other 2 to family. Well, apparently the server didn't use our same logic, and just put each layer in the first box she grabbed :scared1: I knew my parents were already up, and they were already coming on property that morning to pick up tuxes and take them back for us, so I called them to see if they by chance got our layer - they did!! They were just about leaving to do the tux run, so they stopped by the GF to do a cake swap with us. :hug: We really liked our cake, so I was very glad they did that for us, even though they really wanted chocolate cake too. Guess we should have paid more attention when handing out cake!

Once the cake ordeal was passed, we finished getting ready and headed off to Mk for the day. We were meeting DFil, DBIl and DFil's girlfriend, along with my close friend who came down for the wedding. We'd told them all we were planning on mid morning arrival to the park. By the time DH and I got there around 10:30, his family was already there, but my friend was still enroute and I had her ticket. DH and I decided to split up and I would wait while he found his family and we'd meet back up. Right about then I started to get awful stomach cramps :confused: :sick: It took my friend a really long time to get there, but it gave me a chance to just sit down in the shade and hope my stomach got better (it really didnt') before we started our day. SHe got there a bit after 11, and we headed straight for adventure land. Now, none of our little group of guests had been to MK in WDW except DFil's GF, and for her it had been years, so we were 100% in charge of activities, and we wanted to see as much of the highlights as possible considering a later start and the park was closing at 9. We were lucky and the crowds were relatively low. The longest line we waited in was about 30 minutes for Splash mtn, but it was the first time I ever got DH to go on, so it was worth the wait! He claimed he would have gone on BTMRR too, but his dad and GF didn't want to go on either, and we didn't wnat them to sit around all afternoon waiting on us, so we skipped it - I'll be remining him of that comment for our trip in Sept! On that side of the park we managed Pirates, Tiki room, Country Bears, Splash Mtn and lunch at Pecos Bill (we never manage to eat on that side of the park, so this was a new place for us and good we though) all in about 3 1/2 hours.

After adventure and frontier lands, we headed off towards HM. We were very excited for this one as we'd just finished splash and knew this one everyone would do and would enjoy. Of course, as we walk up we see the gates are cloesed, technical difficulties!! :( We were trying to time ourselves to get to our CP dinner reservation, I think it was at 4, so we were thinking after HM it would be time to head that way, but no luck. We continued on into Fantasy Land. I wanted to get FP's for Peter Pan, but the return time was during dinner and I couldnt' convince DH that it didn't matter... :headache: Instead we crossed the street and lined up for IASW. DH loves this ride, I'd be perfectly fine to never ride it, but i don't hate it. While we were in line, DH must have looked unhappy because a CM working the entrance said something to him about being happier since he just got married. I didn't hear the entire conversation (I think we were all a bit tired at that moment) but the next thing I knew she gave him 2 anytime FP's!! :yay: I"m sure she didn't realize the bride and groom were there with 4 other people and we weren't about to ask for any more. I was so excited to finally get a little more pixiedust: It really did perk us all up. After that we headed off to CP via the christmas shop in LS.

Up next, Dinner at CP and some pictures if DBIL ever gets here today and remembers his camera!!!

Ticky Toria 78
06-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Congratulations, I love your TR and photos! We had Tanis, she was great!

29apr00
06-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah for Pixie dust! Sorry you weren't feeling well, i hope it passed!

alissa2008
06-23-2008, 08:57 AM
popcorn:: After all the drama on the boards the last couple days, it's nice to kick back with a bag of popcorn and read a good TR. :)

can't wait for more!!!

PrincessShea
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
This was the most perfect wedding ever. You looked absolutely beautiful. I loved the hair. I want a wedding almost exactly like yours. I will die if I don't get the Grand 1 reservation. My question is this; what time did you request for the Grand 1 or did you just ask for a Wishes cruise? Also, did you feel like you had a lot of time to kill between Narcoossees and the cruise?

disprincessatheart
06-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Congratulations, I love your TR and photos! We had Tanis, she was great!

Thanks - she really was the best!

Yeah for Pixie dust! Sorry you weren't feeling well, i hope it passed!

It came and went that day and the next unfortunately, but it didn't really keep us from doing anything.

popcorn:: After all the drama on the boards the last couple days, it's nice to kick back with a bag of popcorn and read a good TR. :)

can't wait for more!!!

Yikes!! I must have missed some stuff over the weekend - I think I'm glad!!

This was the most perfect wedding ever. You looked absolutely beautiful. I loved the hair. I want a wedding almost exactly like yours. I will die if I don't get the Grand 1 reservation. My question is this; what time did you request for the Grand 1 or did you just ask for a Wishes cruise? Also, did you feel like you had a lot of time to kill between Narcoossees and the cruise?

Aww, thanks!! :cloud9: We really loved the entire day!! :lovestruc
When I called for the Grand 1 at first, Wishes was not scheduled that night, so they let me pick anytime I wanted. When they finally announced Wishes was at 9 that night, I called back and they adjusted our time. We were supposed to be there 45 minutes ahead of time to depart 30 minutes ahead of time, so you can plan on that for scheduling.

Before the wedding I was concerned that we had too much down time the entire day - between the cake cutting and Narcoossee's and between dinner and the Grand 1, but we couldn't have timed it better if we tried! If I could have changed anything, I would have wanted more time in between, pretty much by the time all the cake cutting and picture taking was done, they boxed up our cake, we dropped the extra in our room and it was time to be at dinner. Dinner took a full 2 1/2 to 3 hours with all the courses. I let our waiter know as soon as we sat down that we had to be at the marina at 8:15 and he made sure we were done, otherwise I think we might have run late :scared1:

disprincessatheart
07-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Wow, a couple of weeks can really fly by!! DBil did bring his pictures, but sadly he hardly has any of us, so we hardly have any honeymoon pics :sad1: Oh well, we have a few and tons of the wedding day. I'm sure we wouldn't have looked at that many honeymoon pics later on anyway, and we'll just remember to take more pics this fall when we go back!!

Ok, back to the TR....

We were seated pretty quickly at CP, which seems to be unusual for us anyway. We only had a reservation for 5, my friend decided at the last minute to do MK with us before heading back home, but they were able to modify no problem. We were slightly squished at our little round table, but no one seemed to mind. We'd done lunch at Pecos Bill around 12:30 becuase we were all hungry (first time we'd eaten there for some reason) but we'd eaten light (well, except for DBil who had a double cheeseburger and fries) so we were ready for our buffet. DH loves CP - I don't really think it's anything special, but it's decent food so I just let him have that. We did get some cute pics at the table (will post later on when I'm home) but we didn't get any pixie dust (magical moment cert, etc) that I'd seen other brides get here. I know I had that it was our honeymoon on the ressie, but our waiter was grouchy, so I didn't really expect much from him. Plus he gave us a really hard time about splitting the payments when we wanted to use the DDE card (even though it's totally allowed on the plan). I really wished there was a way not to leave him 18% gratuity (he was slow with drinks and clearing plates and then made the stink about the payment) but whatever.

Side note: I really hate eating sit down dinners when we only have 1 day in MK. As soon as we finish dinner I feel like we're rushing to try and see and do everything else before closing. This day was no different.

We left dinner and went straight to Fantasy land. We got FP's for PP, stood in line and did Dumbo, did Snow White and Philharmagic and then used our FP's. It worked out pretty well. From there we hit Pooh, did a quick walk thru of toon town and headed over to Tomorrowland around 6:30 or 7. DH knew I wanted to do Space Mtn, so my friend and I used the two gift FP's we got earlier in the day and did a quick ride. We managed to hit a lot of things just right with very minor waits so we did Buzz, COP and TTA before we left Tomorroland to find icecream and spots to see Wishes. Even though we'd done our WIshes cruise the night before on the Grand 1, I really love it and wanted to see it again, plus it's a different level of drama doing it in the park. :wizard: Everyone loved it and their sundaes from Main St icecream shop. We wandered out slowly after they were done and made our way out of the park and back over to the GF. For some reason we never did a boat to the GF all week - another thing on the list of things to do another time...

We were pretty tired from a full day of comando touring and the big day before. We wanted to do the hot tub, but it was full of kids, so we called it a night.

Up next: Day 6: EPCOT - Finally LeCellier!!! But our last park day :sad2:

chepic
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Congrats on your wedding!! I have enjoyed reading your report. We did the Grand 1 a few years ago and it really was a wonderful experience. The kids just thought they were the richest kids on the block, and our son wanted to know how we were going to get it home with us!!:laughing:

cheryl

disprincessatheart
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok, here are a few pics to fill in the blanks from days already reported. :)

Pics in GF Lobby the first night there
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00016-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00017.jpg

MK
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00135-1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00195.jpg

Lunch at CP - pay no attention to the fact that I look like a complete dork in all these pics...
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00136-1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00138-1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00203.jpg

On our way to pirates
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00184.jpg

Wishes
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00225.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00222.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00209.jpg

End of the day in MK
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00243-1.jpg

Rora
07-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Aww!! All your pictures are so beautiful!!

disprincessatheart
07-06-2008, 03:55 PM
As much fun as we had on our trip, I was getting tired of being a tour guide. While I was sad our trip was almost over, and enjoying what we did, I was looking forward to some alone time with DH.

We got up on Thursday morning, ready for EPCOT. As this was our last day in the parks and we were up nice and early, I was SURE we were finally going to win some YOAMD stuff. This was our 4th week long on property trip during the promotion and other than the lanyard I won in the mail that DH wore all week as we collected some wedding pins, we hadn't even come close to winning anything. I had myself convinced that this being our wedding trip and all, we were definitely going to win a prize this time!!!

Anyway, DH and I got up and out of the room without any snags and headed off on the monorail trip to EPCOT. I really loved being on the monorail and will do my best to do another stay at a monorail resort next year for our anniversary. We got to the park and met up with DH's family without issues. They were there before us and DBill got some pics

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00165-1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00166.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00172.jpg

I wanted to head straight to soarin (since it was still before 10 at this point) and DH decides this is the time to stop and see all there is to see in Futureworld. I was not amused. I wanted to get to soarin for 2 reasons, shorter wait and I have heard on the boards that lots of people win dreams on soarin and the land early in the day, so I wanted to get there ASAP!! As we're walking I see the wait times shows a mere 20 minutes for soarin - how cool is that!! We make our way there with just a few minor stops to view some flower and garden stuff as we go.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00169.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00183.jpg

We make our way in and yes, the wait for soarin still says just 20 minutes. I immediately drag everyone into the line. We make it thru the turnstyles and are sent left, whichever flight that is. While we're waiting in the tunnel for them to line us up in our spots, I see them, it's the Dream Squad, and they're wearing WHITE VESTS!!! :banana: :yay: :woohoo: I'm so excited I'm about to jump out of my skin. I point them out to DH who doesn't believe me that they're going to award a prize just because they're wearing white vests. Obviously I still have a lot of WDW educating to do!! :rotfl: Anyway, we're lined up and I keep my eye on them. The flight before us ends, and they don't go in. We watch out video and we file in to the ride and I'm dying to see what happens. All of a sudden the Dream Squad walks in our door, walks to the front and walks out the exit of the ride. I'm of course convinced now that we're going to win ears or dream fast passes when the ride ends, of course they'e waiting for us all to exit so the line keeps moving! Then the ride starts and as much as I love that ride, I'm totally distracted the entire time waiting to win a dream!! :cloud9: DH is in agreement with me now! :thumbsup2

The ride ends and we file out, very excited to go claim our prize. We walk out the door and right past the dream squad. :confused: I hang back to collect up our group and redo my ears(stalling of course) and see them stop a family that comes out almost last. Apparently they must have been in the right seat to win something bigger. Of course I assume it was the castle and secretly blame DH all day for making us stop for pictures instead of arriving a minute earlier and being in that spot (they were 2 rows in front of us). I know, it makes no sense that even if we'd gone straight there chances are very small we would have been in the right spot, but it made me less sad. I did feel better that we were almost in the right place at the right time for once, but bummed that we didn't win. Of course, staying at the GF already, I wouldn't have been as excited to give up a night there for a night at the castle as I would be on one of our stays at the mods, but it still would have been totally cool!!! Anyway, no dream for me there. :sad1:

After my big let down on soarin we hit the rest of the rides in that area - the land, nemo, then it was time for lunch. I have no idea why we didn't just do sunshine seasons, but we truged over to electric umbrella. During the meal DFil and his girlfriend get into some sort of fight. All week they'd been relying on us way too much. Yes, we were the tourguides, but they'd even ask us what to order to eat at CS places. Um... order whatever sounds good to you. DFil would also buy the exact same hat, shirt, mug, etc, that anyone else got. In MK the day before DH and I had split a gigantic chicken wrap for lunch at Pecos bill. We'd never eaten there before, but we had early lunch ressies and knew that some of the portions are enough to share if you're not starving, and we saw someone with one of them walk by us, so we shared. DFil is in line at electric umbrella asking us what to order and if we think the veggie wrap is enough to share. We had no idea, but I was surprised he'd order a veggie wrap. DFil is VERY country and I've never seen him eat many veggies - occasional salad that comes with dinner, maybe corn and things as a side, but not a veggie meal, but I don't think too much of it. Apparently this was what the fight was about. The veggie wrap was small and veggie and his gf was not pleased with the lunch he chose... We decided to ignore the silence and just keep going. They were adults and if she needed more to eat they'd stop. Plus, we had ressies at LeCellier at 4 and it was after 12 at this point.

After lunch we hit SE and then went back to do Figment and for some reason DH decided we would wait and see Honey I Shrunk the Audience. This attraction drives me nuts anymore. The preshow is way too long if you've already waited just for that. The 15 minute wait was to get to the preshow, then that was another 15 minutes, then by the time everyone is settled and the show is over we've wasted 45 mnutes for that :headache: DH later claimed his brother wanted to see it, but I reminded him he had no problem in MK letting them know what we were skipping and he should have done that again. Now, my impatience with this show may have also been in part because I was sick to my stomach again, but who knows.

DH decided that we'd done enough in futureworld and we headed off to WS. Most of our group wasn't big on rides, including DH and there was no time for Ellen's Energy Adventures, so it made sense I guess, even if I wanted to ride Test Track and I was sure they would have liked it.

We started off in Canada ( I like the new movie) and made it thru the France movie before heading back to LeCellier.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00187.jpg

LeCellier was an interesting story. Every trip, DH asks me if we can eat in Canada. I don't know why he decided he wanted to, but I've never planned far enough in advance to get that ressie. In most cases I wait for park hours to plan meals, but for this trip, I knew what day the wedding was and knew it would have to be after that, so that left just a few days and we just picked one and I made the call, 180 days from checkin and I was able to get us a ressie. When I told my parents that I was going to book that, they wanted to go too, which also means my sister and her kids, so we were up to 12. Once we were that big of a group I just decided to go ahead and book a party of 20 so anyone that wanted to could go with us :dance3: We had to take the first dinner seating, but it wasn't a problem. I figured if not everyone wanted to come, I'd just reduce our number as I knew we'd have a bunch of small tables all together. On a side note, our original wedding date was going to be 2 weeks earlier, then when checking into rooms and such I discovered that we were still too far into spring breaks and we pushed it back. In that time I'd made the LeCellier ressie for the week of the original wedding. When I called back to make the new ressie I had to leave a message. I got confirmation of that one, then called back in to cancel the original and some others that I had to move. The woman on the phone in dining thought I was nuts to cancel a ressie for LeCellier for that group. She was sure I was going to change my mind later. I had to assure her that I had a new one already and she looked it up for me to confirm before she would cancel the original. It was really nice of her to be so concerned.

OK, back to the TR. So we finish up the movie in France just before 4 and head back. I had told everyone about the ressie in our newsletter and had said be there by 4 if you're coming, otherwise no big deal. I knew we had 10 with immediate families, and the other 10 were up in the air. My parents said a few others were coming, so I figured worst case we make some walk ins happy since i had other things to worry about that week. It was very surreal to walk up to the restaurant and find the entire waiting area filled with my family. In all we ended up with 17 people instead of 20, not too bad! One walk in couple did get our extra table. This meal really did live up to the expectations. Everyone had a great time, they sat us in a great corner where we were able to interact pretty well and the food was really good. I love pretzles, especially soft ones, and the pretzle bread was a highlight for me!! Dh and I also split the famous cheddar cheese soup and other yummy stuff! We got the small mousse dessert not realizing how small it was, but we were full anyway and that left more room for WS desserts later!! popcorn:: :cake:
We did also get our last little sprinkling of pixie dust - free champagne!!
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC00190.jpg

When we left there we agreed to meet back up with anyone that wanted to on French Island for Illuminations. This was sort of in honor of the original wedding we had planned where all of these people would have come to our illuminations reception there. We headed off to WS by way of Mexico to finish our day. We hit the ride there, then Malestrom (even the movie) and did some window shopping. We watched the chinese acrobats, then mostly wandered thru the rest of WS quickly. We didn't finish dinner until after 5:30, so we were short on time. In Japan we stopped and got shaved ice. :yay: Then we made our way to French Island to end our time in EPCOT.

Up next: our day at the GF, and lots of shopping

meryll83
07-07-2008, 03:43 AM
It's good to know that Le Cellier can accommodate groups, as we want to go here too at some point after our wedding day:thumbsup2

Do you know what time reservation phone lines open, as I guess we'll have to call ASAP on our booking date to get a group in?

disprincessatheart
07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Aww!! All your pictures are so beautiful!!

Thank you!! We're dying for some prints to finally arrive!

It's good to know that Le Cellier can accommodate groups, as we want to go here too at some point after our wedding day:thumbsup2

Do you know what time reservation phone lines open, as I guess we'll have to call ASAP on our booking date to get a group in?

I thought it would be hard, but they were great about all of it! I actually think I called a few days before my actual 180 days to check it out. For this, you need to call the restaurant directly and then talk to the person in charge of groups. If I remember correctly I spoke to them a few days before my actual time and they went ahead and booked it for me anyway.

disprincessatheart
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok, I seem to be losing people, so I'd better just hurry up and finish already!!

Our last full day at WDW ended up being the day I planned as a rest day. This really wasn't the way I wanted the week to fall, but we had to plan around everyone else's schedules :rolleyes1 (my sister's husband only was there part of the week, and DH"s brother could only stay part of the week, and of course we had to make the most of their time - bad idea). Anyway, since this was the first time I finally got to stay at the GF, I really wanted to do the private cabana. Once we realized that Friday was the only day we weren't tourguiding, I booked it, and then stupidly I invited my parents. I have no idea how DH didn't kill me for that, but I'll explain later.

Anyway, we woke up on our last full day of our honeymoon a little sad to be leaving the GF soon. DH and I woke up, did breakfast and made our way down to the feature pool to find our cabana. I really wanted to do rope drop at MK that day (remember, we were going to do it the day after the wedding, but put it off for sleep) but sleep won again today and I declared that DH would have to do it with me on our already booked free dining trip in the fall. I'm not a morning person, so we'll see if it ever happens. :rotfl: Anyway, we arrived at the pool and found our cabana waiting for us. Of course I'd booked it in my maiden name (something I managed to do for about half of the things we did that week :eek: ) but DH got over it after a few minutes. I forgot to take a pic of it before we messed it up, but here it is.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/pics%20to%20print/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008142.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/pics%20to%20print/TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008143.jpg

We had a nice cabana boy who greeted us and we relaxed in our area until my family showed up about half way thru the rental. It was my mom and dad, sister and her 2 kids. These people do not know how to travel light at all. The relaxing was over as soon as they arrived - nothing specifically they did, but we were settled and relaxed and they had to come in and drop all their stuff, find chairs, play with the tv, get drinks, etc. Not relaxing. DH and I left around 2 I think. They kept the cabana the rest of the day as no one else had rented it for the afternoon. I was looking forward to spending time with my family that day - DH and I live near his family, mine is 12 hours away and we only see them a couple times a year - but this just wasn't fun.

From there DH and i got cleaned up and headed out for some shopping. Now, I'm a disney nut, as many of us are, but DH is different. He wanted to shop, and didn't care about parks on Friday. I wanted to get in the last day of park time. We actually went into MK, did our shopping (bought the $350 exact replica castle that lights up for our living room) and then left. :confused: I had agreed to it, so I tried not to be pouty, but I won't do that again... That made 2x in one week that we went into MK and I didn't get to do anything, not me at all!!! After we dropped our haul in our room, we headed out to DTD for more shopping, dinner at PH and hoped to catch dessert at Ghiradelli. Sadly, Ghiradelli was still closed for it's delayed rehab, one more thing for the fall!! We got a gift for mom, DH got a watch and a few other odds and ends. We went back to the GF, listened to the music in the lobby, got me a mickey bracelet in the shop downstairs and sadly called it a day.

Up next, our last day :sad1:

chepic
07-14-2008, 05:58 PM
You are a riot!!:lmao: We had the Dream Squad approach us in Animal Kingdom and received fast passes for the day...you would have thought I won a million dollars!!!! I did hear that they were giving away a cruise, and it would be given at Soarin' but their instructions are like....give it to the 100th person wearing pink....very wide in range, and not something that you can really try to gage. But, I, like you, would have definitely stayed behind to "spy".

che

WithDisneySpirit
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I wanna see a picture of that castle - now that seems like a pretty good day if you got to go get that and carry it back to the room:goodvibes I have to beg my DH to shop:laughing:

Racey
07-15-2008, 04:46 AM
I would love to see a picture of this castle too:thumbsup2

29apr00
07-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Man, i'd have been really ticked off if my family had invaded my private cabana like that!! Hello! Doesn't HONEYMOON mean anything to people!

I'm sorry you didn't get to spend as much time in the parks as you would have liked. Hopefully your free dining trip will be better!!

I'd like to see this castle too!!

disprincessatheart
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
You are a riot!!:lmao: We had the Dream Squad approach us in Animal Kingdom and received fast passes for the day...you would have thought I won a million dollars!!!! I did hear that they were giving away a cruise, and it would be given at Soarin' but their instructions are like....give it to the 100th person wearing pink....very wide in range, and not something that you can really try to gage. But, I, like you, would have definitely stayed behind to "spy".

che

I really think if I had ever won a prize - 4 trips so far during YOAMD, no official dreams - I think it would go something like :eek: :scared1: :faint: :cloud9:

I wanna see a picture of that castle - now that seems like a pretty good day if you got to go get that and carry it back to the room:goodvibes I have to beg my DH to shop:laughing:

DH is definitely a shopper - sometimes more than me! It works out ok for me though most times - last night there was a surprise box on the porch - Disney shopping stuff he bought me for no reason at all :love: You should see my desk at work - it's got more disney stuff than work stuff! :rotfl:

I would love to see a picture of this castle too:thumbsup2

I'll try to remember to take one tonight!!

Man, i'd have been really ticked off if my family had invaded my private cabana like that!! Hello! Doesn't HONEYMOON mean anything to people!

I'm sorry you didn't get to spend as much time in the parks as you would have liked. Hopefully your free dining trip will be better!!

I'd like to see this castle too!!

Yeah, it was my own fault for inviting them to come by, but really, the whole trip was a little like that - they were worried about the wedding until we got there, then they were worried about my niece and nephew having fun, and not much else :confused3 I was glad they were running way late as ususal - at least we got some quality time in! :thumbsup2

I have a feeling I'll be running DH ragged in September catching everything we didn't do this trip, and of course redoing everything we did!! :banana:

farjojo
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Just re-read your TR :) Some excellent advice that I can use. Your photgraphs look so beautiful...I especially love the WP ones, you look fabulous.

keenercam
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Tricia -I just read your entire TR. :cloud9: You were an absolutely beautiful bride and everything came together so perfectly! Thank you for posting your WISHES cruise pix -- very cool! So sorry your cabana experience was not the best. Your castle sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see a picture!

disprincessatheart
08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Just re-read your TR :) Some excellent advice that I can use. Your photgraphs look so beautiful...I especially love the WP ones, you look fabulous.

Tricia -I just read your entire TR. :cloud9: You were an absolutely beautiful bride and everything came together so perfectly! Thank you for posting your WISHES cruise pix -- very cool! So sorry your cabana experience was not the best. Your castle sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see a picture!

Thanks!! :cutie:
I have taken the pictures of our castle and a couple other things, just haven't gotten them up on here yet!! :scared1: I'll try to finish up this weekend!

disprincessatheart
08-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Ok, I finally have some pictures I've promised all along.

Our castle we bought as a reminder of our wedding trip
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01178.jpg

The glass slipper I got on Main St with our wedding date engraved
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01181.jpg

Our Disney Wedding "Shrine" except for our unity candle set that's in another room
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01180.jpg

The menus from Narcoossee's
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01182.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01184.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01185.jpg

chepic
08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Very cool castle!!! It is great for your shrine!! I can't keep all my Disney stuff in one space, it would take up the entire room..:laughing: ... I have it spread throughout the house, and out at different times of the year.

che

Racey
08-19-2008, 04:30 AM
Ok, I finally have some pictures I've promised all along.

Our castle we bought as a reminder of our wedding trip
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01178.jpg

The glass slipper I got on Main St with our wedding date engraved
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/tricia_nc1/DSC01181.jpg

OH MY GOD - that is lovely. What a fantastic reminder of your trip!!!

and WOW at the slipper - such a brilliant reminder. Which shop was that in?

disprincessatheart
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Very cool castle!!! It is great for your shrine!! I can't keep all my Disney stuff in one space, it would take up the entire room..:laughing: ... I have it spread throughout the house, and out at different times of the year.

che

Yeah, really only the wedding stuff is in that area. DH is WDW nut these days and we've completely run out of places for our Disney goodies! He even bought a GIANT picture that we've got to find a place to put up - apparently it's the same ones they have in the rooms at the poly - not that either of us would know, we've never stayed there! :rotfl:

OH MY GOD - that is lovely. What a fantastic reminder of your trip!!!

and WOW at the slipper - such a brilliant reminder. Which shop was that in?

Thanks! We love it! The slipper was in the Arribas Bros shop on Main Street. Only later I remembered they have them in DTD too and there I think you can get a 10% discount on purchases with an AP. We spent about $100 in there between the slipper and a wedding picture frame, so we could have saved $10 (ok, not that big of a deal, but still...)

chepic
08-19-2008, 05:17 PM
My nieces fight over the cel of tinkerbell that we have that is surrounded by pins. We got the picture at an auction for $50 and it was appraised at $650...that was 8 years ago...so they all drool and wait for me to kick the bucket...too bad for them that I am only 41.:rotfl2:

che

disprincessatheart
08-21-2008, 02:19 PM
My nieces fight over the cel of tinkerbell that we have that is surrounded by pins. We got the picture at an auction for $50 and it was appraised at $650...that was 8 years ago...so they all drool and wait for me to kick the bucket...too bad for them that I am only 41.:rotfl2:

che

LOL - I'm doing my best to turn my niece and nephew into Dis lovers, but maybe I'd better reconsider! :scared1: :rotfl:

tiggerrifficheidi
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I adore your BM dresses! The color is beautiful! Can you tell me what brand and shade they are? And your flowers are beautiful, too!

disprincessatheart
08-29-2008, 08:40 PM
I adore your BM dresses! The color is beautiful! Can you tell me what brand and shade they are? And your flowers are beautiful, too!

I'll have to ask my sister for sure. Since we didn't get to go dress shopping at all together (I live in NC and she lives in NY with 2 small kids) I just told her it had to be purple and let her do the rest. I know after 2 years of shopping :rotfl: she ended up getting it from David's Bridal and I believe the color is victorian lilac. I'll confirm for you.

disprincessatheart
08-29-2008, 10:16 PM
I realized I left out something important from Friday at the cabana. We were all discussing the wedding and how nice everything turned out (I never mentioned any of my minor annoyances with them, they just didn't matter in the grand scheme of things) and I mention how cute my nephew was with his singing. My mom says, yeah, too bad we didn't video tape it. This catches my attention - the plan had always been for my uncle to use my sister's video camera and record the wedding. I never stopped to look to see if he had it, but he was staying in the room next door to my parents, surely they'd taken care of this important detail. Sadly, no. They'd forgotten entirely. :sad2: This is when I realized it was just as much my fault, other than the evening before the wedding when I'd called Tanis and Beauty Speciale, I'd never opened my wedding binder all week, never checked any of my meticulous lists or anything... :eek: So, we have almost no pictures of our honeymoon and no video at all. My sister tells me she had the camera with her the whole day in her bag and never remembered to get it out - that's even worse!!! I suppose I would have hated seeing myself on video anyway, but man that's frustrating!!

Ok, so back to the last day. Our last day of our trip was pretty uneventful. We woke up in our room and layed in bed for a while soaking up the last bit of time in our much loved room at the GF. We got up, got dressed and packed and had a bellhop come get our bags. Then we headed down to the lobby to meet my parents for breakfast at the GF cafe. They were flying out later in the day and had a few things they wanted to give us. My aunt and uncle also came with them, so the 6 of us had a nice breakfast and talked about how nice the week had been. After breakfast we headed out to our car and watched the GF staff load our car (it was still weird even after a week to let them do all that, I'll be more ready next time :rotfl: )

We headed to WL to check that resort out to see if we wanted to stay there for free dining. We liked the resort but hated how tiny and crowded the pool area was, so we decided to stick with the Coronado for a much lower price! Then we hit DTD for a few last minute gifts and finally said goodbye to Disney and ended our honeymoon. I was sad, but we'd definitely had a great trip, even if we did have a few small snags along the way.

We got our picture proofs from Disney pretty quickly and ended up getting a copy of each picture taken for $355. Considering how much they charge for the cd, we thought that was a good price. Plus, we had over 180 pictures and they charged $12 for them individually, so we got them for a steal!! :rotfl: I was really glad we did this once we knew we didn't have any video, so at least the ceremony and cake cutting are well documented. We got tons of pictures from all of our guests too - just mostly of the ceremony and cake cutting! :lmao:

All in all, we had a great wedding and I would recommend just about every thing we did to anyone (well, except Chef Mickey's, but I think we might have just been unlucky) We didn't get showered in pixie dust (or dreams) but we got enough and had a great trip. Now just 3 more weeks until we get to go back and have part 2 of our honeymoon!! :dance3:

polynesianbride
01-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Just found your TR in another link and read the whole thingpopcorn:: !Everything was gorgeous! I am also hoping for the Grand 1 and will have the 18 max so glad to hear you don't think it's too crowded:crowded: Congratulations a little late!

adreamisawish
02-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Just spent a while reading everything~~~ what a wonderful wedding and great trip report! Conratulations!! :tinker:

dakcp2001
02-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I just read the whole trip report! Youve inspired me as I was leaning towards Narcoossees for our after escape dinner! Now I am sure that it will be a good choice. Your wedding was beautiful, and I really enjoyed your trip report!

disprincessatheart
03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Just found your TR in another link and read the whole thingpopcorn:: !Everything was gorgeous! I am also hoping for the Grand 1 and will have the 18 max so glad to hear you don't think it's too crowded:crowded: Congratulations a little late!

Sorry I missed your reply - I get so excited when someone reads my TR :rotfl:
We loved the Grand 1 and you'll be perfectly comfortable!

Just spent a while reading everything~~~ what a wonderful wedding and great trip report! Conratulations!! :tinker:

Thanks so much!! I'd do it all again every year if I could!! :banana:

I just read the whole trip report! Youve inspired me as I was leaning towards Narcoossees for our after escape dinner! Now I am sure that it will be a good choice. Your wedding was beautiful, and I really enjoyed your trip report!

Yeah!! First, thanks for the compliments, we loved our wedding!! I'm so glad that after years of soaking in all the ideas on this board I can help some other brides! :bride: We really had a great time at Narcoossees and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I did get nervous a few weeks out that we hadn't confirmed with them, but Tanis took care of it and it was great. I loved the custom menus (did have to talk to them a few weeks out to get that done) and the food was beyond great. DH and I are going back for our 1 year anniversary next month!!! We can't wait! :cloud9:

Stephie77
05-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi! I just found you TR and its great so far(have to keep stopping b/c of work). your flowers are beautiful! :thumbsup2 i saw someone asked you about them and you said that they were part of the disney package. will they be availbale you think for a wishes wedding also? i am going to try and keep my flower budget down but love the look of all the purples together and against your dress-so pretty! i am also doing the girls in purple and have a purple theme. so my question is when you went to your PS did you just tell them what you wanted and they brought a sample of those out?