PDA

View Full Version : Options for next Disneyland Girls Only Trip

mommaU4
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Alright, based on the responses I received from those ladies who went on the first trip, these choices seemed to pop up the most.

First we need to narrow it down to a general time frame, and then from there we can narrow it down even further to actual dates. :yay:

This will be a public poll so keep in mind everyone will be able to see who voted and for what option. Here is a link to an online 2009 calendar if anyone needs one: 2009 Calendar (http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/index.html?year=2009&country=1)

Oh, and here's a little eye candy for all the ladies who stop by to vote: ;)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/cabana%20boys/firemen.jpg

Stacerita
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I voted for end of March early April before Easter. But I will also go no matter when we actually decide to go. I just hope we get good weather that time of year.

mommaU4
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
I voted for end of March early April before Easter. But I will also go no matter when we actually decide to go. I just hope we get good weather that time of year.

I hear ya on the weather issue. :headache: But darn SoCal weather is so hard to predict, I think the safest bet is just to try to plan what works best schedule wise for everyone. And then hope for good weather! :rotfl:

daisy_77
05-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Ooo, the fireman pic!:lovestruc I am diggin on the non-ripped one in the front. Yes, indeedy!

wendylady36
05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
I chose end of Feb. but really anytime should work for me.

Thanks for the eye candy! It made me laugh, because my friend who is training to become a firefighter is texting me trying to convince me to come over. *sigh* boys :rolleyes:

lulubelle
05-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I was the sixth one to vote!
I picked end of Feb/early March. But I am like Stacie and can go whenever the group decides.

This time FOR SURE I am staying where the group is. I felt kinda out of the loop because we were at The Menage.:guilty:

Thanks Beth!:yay:

DangerMouse
05-06-2008, 11:06 PM
I went ahead and voted, even though it is highly improbable that I'll be able to go. I voted for late Feb/early March since is has the best chance of low crowds and cooler weather.

And if I get to go, I will make sure I attend more of the group meals, even if all I order is ice water. ;) I feel like I missed out on getting to know everyone b/c I didn't do the dinners.

mommaU4
05-06-2008, 11:31 PM
I chose end of Feb. but really anytime should work for me.

Thanks for the eye candy! It made me laugh, because my friend who is training to become a firefighter is texting me trying to convince me to come over. *sigh* boys :rolleyes:
Friend, huh? Does this friend look like any of the ones pictured above? :rolleyes1 If so, what are you waiting for??? :rotfl:

I was the sixth one to vote!
I picked end of Feb/early March. But I am like Stacie and can go whenever the group decides.

This time FOR SURE I am staying where the group is. I felt kinda out of the loop because we were at The Menage.:guilty:

Thanks Beth!:yay:Hi Linda, I didn't realize you weren't at the HoJo with everyone. I've heard good things about the Menage, but it is nice to be all at one hotel. Like you said, next time for sure. :thumbsup2

I went ahead and voted, even though it is highly improbable that I'll be able to go. I voted for late Feb/early March since is has the best chance of low crowds and cooler weather.

And if I get to go, I will make sure I attend more of the group meals, even if all I order is ice water. ;) I feel like I missed out on getting to know everyone b/c I didn't do the dinners.
What?? Highly improbable???? I refuse to listen to that!!
http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

mommaU4
05-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Alright well, I finally threw my vote in there too. I was going to put anytime, but that's not really true since I can't go in the Fall. Too close to the holidays for me. With four kids and one income we start saving for Christmas around Fall.

Soooo, that left me with the first two choices and I can really do either of those, but I choose the end of Feb/early March one because I'd prefer that. More specifically, the early March part of that scenario.

AZMickeyfans
05-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I voted for end of Feb or early March. I really hope to get more time in with this trip instead of 1 day. Although my 1 day was a blast!

And WOW thanks Beth! :faint:

stacielee
05-06-2008, 11:43 PM
What?? Highly improbable???? I refuse to listen to that!!
http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking!!! Even if you move, Callie, I hope you can still come. It was so much fun with you and Ellen. :rotfl: :rotfl:

mommy2kande
05-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I didn't go on the April trip, but would LOVE to go on the next one! Next Feb-March is good for me!

mommaU4
05-06-2008, 11:51 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking!!! Even if you move, Callie, I hope you can still come. It was so much fun with you and Ellen. :rotfl: :rotfl:
See Callie, you and Ellen are needed on this trip! If you don't come you'll be responsible for disappointing several of the ladies, and well.....I just hope you can live with that guilt. :sad2:

:rolleyes1

mommaU4
05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I didn't go on the April trip, but would LOVE to go on the next one! Next Feb-March is good for me!
Hi there! We'd love to have you join us!! :thumbsup2 And congratulations on your delivery due in June!

I know there were several ladies who couldn't make it last time, or were hesitant to go for fear it was really a group of creepy old men (we kept them hidden in Callie's room at the HoJo :rolleyes1 ), but hopefully we'll get lots of those same ladies to join us this time. :)

So if your thinking about joining us for the first time, come along! We'd love to have you! :goodvibes

wendylady36
05-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Friend, huh? Does this friend look like any of the ones pictured above? :rolleyes1 If so, what are you waiting for??? :rotfl:

You know, if I had to chose, I'd say my friend (with benefits) is a dead ringer for the guy on the far left, except he doesn't have all the muscles like that guy. He's so dreamy :cloud9: ...you make a good point, what am I still doing here?

I'm really excited for the next girls trip :goodvibes

Belle1997
05-07-2008, 10:32 AM
I voted end of march early april because I am nervous of snow storms. Yes in the northern part of US and Canada it is a nasty world. Less change of being snowed in at end of March. But I will go to what ever as long as not in the fall :)

Califgirl
05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I voted for End of Feb early March. We have birthdays and an anniversary at the end of March early April, and I know I wouldn't be able to come then.

I would be able to do a fall trip, and think it would be very fun to see everyone all dressed up for Mickey's Halloween Treat! But I completely understand that it is too close to the holidays for some families. And you might actually prefer to go to Mickey's Halloween Treat with your family instead of a bunch of fun loving DIS girls.

The important thing is: Vote girls vote!

mommaU4
05-07-2008, 11:11 AM
I voted for End of Feb early March. We have birthdays and an anniversary at the end of March early April, and I know I wouldn't be able to come then.

I would be able to do a fall trip, and think it would be very fun to see everyone all dressed up for Mickey's Halloween Treat! But I completely understand that it is too close to the holidays for some families. And you might actually prefer to go to Mickey's Halloween Treat with your family instead of a bunch of fun loving DIS girls.

The important thing is: Vote girls vote!

Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I would love to go crash the Mickey's Halloween party with a bunch of us all dressed up! :banana: :yay: That would be soooo fun.
It's just such a hard time for us to spend money. :rolleyes:

We actually do have plans to go this October 8-10, but that's only because we will be using some money from the refund check, and also because our APs expire in October :scared1: :sad1: so it's like one last family trip for us since we won't be renewing them for at least a year. :sad:

Hey, maybe this October some of you local gals could meet and dress up and hit the party! That would be fun. ;)

MamaKate
05-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I voted for the fall because of life changes going on right now that might make it hard for me to leave for more than a day in February ;) .

Then we will be at WDW the end of March/early April so that wouldn't work.

But if February wins then I may just stop by for a dinner or something to chat with a few of you :thumbsup2 .

DangerMouse
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi there! I know there were several ladies who couldn't make it last time, or were hesitant to go for fear it was really a group of creepy old men (we kept them hidden in Callie's room at the HoJo :rolleyes1 ), but hopefully we'll get lots of those same ladies to join us this time. :)

:eek: See what happens when I don't visit a thread? I get accused of shacking up with creepy old men! :sad2:

mommaU4
05-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I voted for the fall because of life changes going on right now that might make it hard for me to leave for more than a day in February ;) .

Then we will be at WDW the end of March/early April so that wouldn't work.

But if February wins then I may just stop by for a dinner or something to chat with a few of you :thumbsup2 .Oh sure, choose WDW over us...:sad2:

:rolleyes1

:eek: See what happens when I don't visit a thread? I get accused of shacking up with creepy old men! :sad2:

:rotfl: :angel:

grizbuzz
05-07-2008, 06:50 PM
I voted for end of February, but think Fall is interesting as well. Heck, I'm flexible.

kelmac284
05-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi I saw your thread from this year and I would LOVE to join you gals with my mom on your next trip. Problem is I already have a trip planned for easter week next April so if you planned one for early April unless it was literally that first weekend it when I am ALREADY there that would be tough. I think a fall trip would be awesome as I have gone during that time of year and the weather is usually great and it is SO fun that time of year but whatever works for everyone. I would LOVE to join you gals as you all look like so much fun and mom and I are LOTS of fun and HUGE Disney fanatics. We are passholders and are going to Disneyworld this Thanksgiving and have a trip planned for easter break as I said to celebrate my youngest daughters birthday.

I sure hope it works out! We also have a trip to go to Vegas and the Grand Canyon for Thanksgiving of 09 so I hope we can somehow make this work!

I sure would love to meet you all!

mommaU4
05-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi I saw your thread from this year and I would LOVE to join you gals with my mom on your next trip. Problem is I already have a trip planned for easter week next April so if you planned one for early April unless it was literally that first weekend it when I am ALREADY there that would be tough. I think a fall trip would be awesome as I have gone during that time of year and the weather is usually great and it is SO fun that time of year but whatever works for everyone. I would LOVE to join you gals as you all look like so much fun and mom and I are LOTS of fun and HUGE Disney fanatics. We are passholders and are going to Disneyworld this Thanksgiving and have a trip planned for easter break as I said to celebrate my youngest daughters birthday.

I sure hope it works out! We also have a trip to go to Vegas and the Grand Canyon for Thanksgiving of 09 so I hope we can somehow make this work!

I sure would love to meet you all!
Hi we'd love to have you and your mom join us! The more the merrier!!

And I love the pic in your sig. Are you in it? We were there in December and the castle was so pretty. I love the decorations. It's a great time to go to Disney.

Lucky you getting to go to WDW for Thanksgiving. We've been there right afterwards, and it was so nice. Low crowds and none of the humidity you find in the summer. :)

Meriweather
05-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I hope I can make it this time around!!
I would try to go anytime, but end of Feb/Early March is best.
We have 2 birthdays end of March/early April.
And WDW trip in Oct.
But.....all depends on the actual dates of course.

Did you all have a great time??

mommaU4
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I hope I can make it this time around!!
I would try to go anytime, but end of Feb/Early March is best.
We have 2 birthdays end of March/early April.
And WDW trip in Oct.
But.....all depends on the actual dates of course.

Did you all have a great time??

I hope you can make it too!! I think everyone had a great time. Here is a link to our thread on the DL board:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1797114

The first page has pics, and links to some trip reports and a slideshow. :)

kelmac284
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi we'd love to have you and your mom join us! The more the merrier!!

And I love the pic in your sig. Are you in it? We were there in December and the castle was so pretty. I love the decorations. It's a great time to go to Disney.

Lucky you getting to go to WDW for Thanksgiving. We've been there right afterwards, and it was so nice. Low crowds and none of the humidity you find in the summer. :)

Yes that is me next to dh and that is my mom to my left and that is my 16 year old dsd to her left. I also have a 7 and 8 year old dd's. We have been AP holders for the past 2 years making 4 trips the past 2 years in a row but because of our big DW trip in Nov we are letting our AP expire. BOY was that tough when I got my renewal a few days ago :( . I had to hurry up and put it in the shredder LOL. But we knew we couldn't use it before we went back next April and we need ALL our money for our almost 2 week trip to "the world" in Nov. We are going all out to see the castle and the world with THEIR version of Christmas. I just LOVE DL at Christmas and have done the holiday tour and it is just about my favorite time of year. We did Mickey's Halloween treat last year and I have been to MNSSHP as well so we want to see DW at the Holidays. But I digress. We plan to renew our AP's in April when we go back. We have celebrated my 8 and 16 year old's birthdays but not my youngest's and even though I loathe going to the parks at such a busy time of year we unfortunately have to go during the kids school breaks AND since her birthday is in April that was just when it worked out for us to go. Plus that was the soonest we figured it would work out after such a big trip to DW in Nov. SOOOO that is my story and I'm stickin to it! ;)

Anyway that's me in a nutshell (quoting Austin powers) ;) Mom and I are huge Disney fanatics (ok me more than her) and we try to go at LEAST once a year but more like 2 or three times if we can help it. We have been to DW twice and this will be our 3rd time although probably our last for awhile with the prices now. But we live in northern CA and DL is my most fav place in the world. I come here to the dis EVERY day sometimes several times a day for my "fix" LOL and as soon as I get home I am planning another trip. So do I qualify for the club? :)

You gals sound like my kind of group and I've already asked dh if it is "ok" if I join you gals if the dates work out and he gives the thumbs up so hopefully it all works out! :)

kelmac284
05-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Here is a little bit better pic of all of us. And I look a little better than this now since I have lost 20 lbs since this pic and am in the process of losing 30 more (don't know if I WILL but am trying LOL). But anyway here is us from last Christmas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/kelmac284/DisneyPhotoImage18-1.jpg

mommaU4
05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes that is me next to dh and that is my mom to my left and that is my 16 year old dsd to her left. I also have a 7 and 8 year old dd's. We have been AP holders for the past 2 years making 4 trips the past 2 years in a row but because of our big DW trip in Nov we are letting our AP expire. BOY was that tough when I got my renewal a few days ago :( . I had to hurry up and put it in the shredder LOL. But we knew we couldn't use it before we went back next April and we need ALL our money for our almost 2 week trip to "the world" in Nov. We are going all out to see the castle and the world with THEIR version of Christmas. I just LOVE DL at Christmas and have done the holiday tour and it is just about my favorite time of year. We did Mickey's Halloween treat last year and I have been to MNSSHP as well so we want to see DW at the Holidays. But I digress. We plan to renew our AP's in April when we go back. We have celebrated my 8 and 16 year old's birthdays but not my youngest's and even though I loathe going to the parks at such a busy time of year we unfortunately have to go during the kids school breaks AND since her birthday is in April that was just when it worked out for us to go. Plus that was the soonest we figured it would work out after such a big trip to DW in Nov. SOOOO that is my story and I'm stickin to it! ;)

Anyway that's me in a nutshell (quoting Austin powers) ;) Mom and I are huge Disney fanatics (ok me more than her) and we try to go at LEAST once a year but more like 2 or three times if we can help it. We have been to DW twice and this will be our 3rd time although probably our last for awhile with the prices now. But we live in northern CA and DL is my most fav place in the world. I come here to the dis EVERY day sometimes several times a day for my "fix" LOL and as soon as I get home I am planning another trip. So do I qualify for the club? :)

You gals sound like my kind of group and I've already asked dh if it is "ok" if I join you gals if the dates work out and he gives the thumbs up so hopefully it all works out! :)

Thanks for all the info. It's nice to "meet" you. You should come over and post some of that on our trip planning thread so some of the ladies can get to know you. If you haven't already since you posted this that is.

That is so cool you are going to be there for 2 weeks! Wow, you'll really have time to see and do everything. WDW is so nice for the holidays. I especially enjoyed Epcot and seeing how the different countries celebrate Christmas. You'll have a great time!

I've been to WDW 4 times. I'd like to go more often but it's expensive and honestly, I HATE to fly. Really hate it. Enough to cancel trips over it. :rolleyes:

Plus my DH isn't as big of a Disney fan as I am. He tolerates Disneyland because we can get APs and then drive there in 5 hours so it's less hassle. But to plan a whole big trip like you have to at WDW, well, he won't go for it. Not when we've already done it a few times.

I'm sorry you have to let your APs expire! Even if it's for a good reason I know how hard that is!! Ours expire in Oct. and I know I'll shed a tear! :sad1: We decided to take a year off because my MIL is buying us APs to Universal Studios and maybe Knotts Berry Farm, so DH wants to spend more time there.

Sad to say my DS is now 13 and those parks with their faster rides are starting to appeal to him more now anyway. :sad2: Now I'm the one rambling. :rotfl:

Anyway, I hope it works out for you to join us. And your mom too. I think it will be a nice trip for the two of you. And I'd say you both definitely qualify for the "club". ;)

mommaU4
05-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Here is a little bit better pic of all of us. And I look a little better than this now since I have lost 20 lbs since this pic and am in the process of losing 30 more (don't know if I WILL but am trying LOL). But anyway here is us from last Christmas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/kelmac284/DisneyPhotoImage18-1.jpgI love that pic! You all look great and so happy. :)

The girls look great, and I love their outfits. I think they might have come from my favorite store in the world.... ;) :rotfl:

mommaU4
05-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I see we got some more votes!! :banana:

Great!! Even if we don't do any other planning for awhile, it will be nice to have some dates in place so people can start making plans, arranging for time off, or for child care, saving up for it, etc. :thumbsup2

And we can all make new tickers. :rotfl:

I also see some new names up there who voted, so I hope that means we'll be getting some new victims...er, I mean, new ladies to join us! :dance3: Stop by our thread and say Hi! We don't bite........much. :rolleyes1

kelmac284
05-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I love that pic! You all look great and so happy. :)

The girls look great, and I love their outfits. I think they might have come from my favorite store in the world.... ;) :rotfl:

Would that be Tarjay ;) Mine too! LOOOVE it!

mommaU4
05-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Would that be Tarjay ;) Mine too! LOOOVE it!
That would be correct! I could live in that store. It's so dangerous for me to go in there. I'll go in for one or two things and come out with a cart full. I am powerless to stop myself once I'm in there, much to my DH's dismay! :rotfl2:

kelmac284
05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh I was just in the demon store yesterday and hey they just turned ours into a SUPER target complete with the OTHER obsession STARBUCKS!!! Now I will NEVER leave!

wendypooh22
05-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Okay, I voted for end of Feb early March... Hopefully this time I will be able to make it. :)

mommaU4
05-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh I was just in the demon store yesterday and hey they just turned ours into a SUPER target complete with the OTHER obsession STARBUCKS!!! Now I will NEVER leave!
A Super Target?? Wow. How cool. I want one. LOL The Target we have is called a Target Greatland, whatever that means. :confused3

HA, we're going to turn this into the Target thread. :rotfl:

Okay, I voted for end of Feb early March... Hopefully this time I will be able to make it. :)
Hi Wendy! That would be great if you could make it this time! :thumbsup2

Silly Little Pixie
05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I'd love to join in next year if I can!! I lurked a little on your trip this year- the weekend just wasn't a good one for me, plus I had just had a quite expensive Club33/DLH stay in March!:woohoo:

I picked late March/Early April- but February/March would be good too. I live locally and have a premium AP so I am good to go! A girls' trip sounds like heaven!!

toocherie
05-08-2008, 03:44 PM

Callie: I think even more so than planning "dinners" we should plan more informal get-togethers--like the wine and cheese extravaganza I missed! I think that way it's not too expensive (all those DLR places get pricey!) and we get to mix and mingle. The other option (if for example we stay at Hojo again and can get their conf. room) is to order in pizzas or sandwiches for a dinner one night. Not to say we shouldn't plan some more "formal" meal options but I think at least one pre-planned informal event would be a good idea.

disney-super-mom
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Okay, I've finally made it over here to vote.

I voted for late Feb/early March. DH likes that time frame too because his birthday is Feb 21st, and he wants to come for his birthday and be our token guy on our ladies only trip. (He seriously said that.) :rolleyes: :goodvibes

mommaU4
05-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I'd love to join in next year if I can!! I lurked a little on your trip this year- the weekend just wasn't a good one for me, plus I had just had a quite expensive Club33/DLH stay in March!:woohoo:

I picked late March/Early April- but February/March would be good too. I live locally and have a premium AP so I am good to go! A girls' trip sounds like heaven!!
Hi there!! We'd love to have you come along! :cool1:

Callie: I think even more so than planning "dinners" we should plan more informal get-togethers--like the wine and cheese extravaganza I missed! I think that way it's not too expensive (all those DLR places get pricey!) and we get to mix and mingle. The other option (if for example we stay at Hojo again and can get their conf. room) is to order in pizzas or sandwiches for a dinner one night. Not to say we shouldn't plan some more "formal" meal options but I think at least one pre-planned informal event would be a good idea.That sounds like it would be fun! I like doing the parks, but for me, another big part of it is just hanging out and having fun.

Okay, I've finally made it over here to vote.

I voted for late Feb/early March. DH likes that time frame too because his birthday is Feb 21st, and he wants to come for his birthday and be our token guy on our ladies only trip. (He seriously said that.) :rolleyes: :goodvibes

:rotfl: Token guy???? :eek: You showed him the aqua tee shirt pics didn't you? :rolleyes1

disney-super-mom
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
:rotfl: Token guy???? :eek: You showed him the aqua tee shirt pics didn't you? :rolleyes1

Yes, and after that he generously offered to be in charge of our next ladies only trip t-shirts.:scared1: :rolleyes1

mommaU4
05-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Yes, and after that he generously offered to be in charge of our next ladies only trip t-shirts.:scared1: :rolleyes1
:lmao: I bet!

tinkermell
05-09-2008, 12:01 PM
HI all!!:flower3:

Haven't had much time to talk lately. (I've been a sewing fool these last weeks.)

Anyways my first vote was for the end of Feb/March. My second would be in March, before spring break sets in.

WOO HOO!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

toocherie
05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
HI all!!:flower3:

Haven't had much time to talk lately. (I've been a sewing fool these last weeks.)

Anyways my first vote was for the end of Feb/March. My second would be in March, before spring break sets in.

WOO HOO!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Melody: hope the sewing is going well! You are going to post pictures of the kids wearing your efforts, aren't you (especially those puffy sleeve thingies!)

:laughing: :laughing:

KelsiesMommy
05-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I didn't make this last trip, but I voted for Sept-Oct only because if it goes over a weekend, my AP is blocked out on Saturdays starting in March. I'd like to try and go next time :) Although, I'm rather quiet and shy and nervous around people I just meet.

mommaU4
05-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I didn't make this last trip, but I voted for Sept-Oct only because if it goes over a weekend, my AP is blocked out on Saturdays starting in March. I'd like to try and go next time :) Although, I'm rather quiet and shy and nervous around people I just meet.

Hi, thanks for posting. Don't be nervous or shy! All the ladies here are so nice and friendly. Really a great bunch. :goodvibes

I hope it works out that you are able to go with us. Once we narrow it down to a time frame, we can work on dates. Hopefully ones without any black out days for anyone. Or maybe if there is a black out day, we can plan something to do outside of the parks.

toocherie
05-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Found out today that the Fall MouseAdventure is November 16th so we should probably avoid that (probably too close to Thanksgiving anyway).

mommaU4
05-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Found out today that the Fall MouseAdventure is November 16th so we should probably avoid that (probably too close to Thanksgiving anyway).

Agreed. Although so far the early dates are doing better then the Fall.

mommaU4
05-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey, we've had 40 votes so far! That's a lot. :thumbsup2

TAKitty
05-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I was hoping that there would be another DL trip. I would love to go! I was interested in the first trip, but the dates didn't work out for me.

mommaU4
05-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I was hoping that there would be another DL trip. I would love to go! I was interested in the first trip, but the dates didn't work out for me.
Well, you're in luck! :thumbsup2 And we'd love to have you join us. :)

mommaU4
05-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow, we've had 44 votes! That's great. Just a reminder this poll will close tomorrow evening so if you haven't voted, and want to, there is still time. :)

Jenn1116
05-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I'd love to join you ladies for the next trip. I'm planning on getting APs this winter. I'll just have to work on getting someone to watch DD for a day or two. I voted for late March early April because it would be great to have my tax return back - then maybe I could fly down. We'll see. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to meet everyone in person. :)

mommaU4
05-12-2008, 07:43 PM
I'd love to join you ladies for the next trip. I'm planning on getting APs this winter. I'll just have to work on getting someone to watch DD for a day or two. I voted for late March early April because it would be great to have my tax return back - then maybe I could fly down. We'll see. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to meet everyone in person. :)
That would be great if you could make it this time!

This poll closes tomorrow, and then after that, I'll start another one with some specific dates so we can get this narrowed down and make some real plans! :cool1:

grumpyvet
05-13-2008, 01:37 AM
I voted fall even though I haven't decided if I even want to join in this time.
I am very much waffling from my first no to, to my current well maybe.

I am just TOO hyper for group activities!!!

End of February, I will be in Ohio learning some manner of Veterinary Biz stuff.

So, even though the fall has no chance of winning, I cast my vote there.

Amy

mommaU4
05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Amy. Darn I wish there were dates that were perfect for everyone. :( I'd like to get the chance to meet you.

Where in SoCal are you again? Any chance you could join us for some mini meets?? :hyper: A smaller meet might work better for you too. Less crowded. :rotfl:

SacSarah
05-13-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm new to the boards but I'm interested. I voted that any time works for me. :)

mommaU4
05-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm new to the boards but I'm interested. I voted that any time works for me. :)

Hi and welcome to the DIS! I hope you'll be able to join us on our next Girls Only Disneyland Trip. If you haven't already, you can check out our thread here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1797114 :)

disney-inspired
05-13-2008, 01:57 PM
After thinking about it I realized anytime is fine for me! I'll be transferring to CSUFullerton or as I call it, Cal State Disneyland! (15 minutes away!) for spring 2009 (if everything goes accordingly) and I'll definitely spring for the premium pass when my current SO. CAl one expires.

mommaU4
05-13-2008, 03:01 PM
After thinking about it I realized anytime is fine for me! I'll be transferring to CSUFullerton or as I call it, Cal State Disneyland! (15 minutes away!) for spring 2009 (if everything goes accordingly) and I'll definitely spring for the premium pass when my current SO. CAl one expires.

That's great news!! :thumbsup2

grumpyvet
05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi Amy. Darn I wish there were dates that were perfect for everyone. :( I'd like to get the chance to meet you.

Where in SoCal are you again? Any chance you could join us for some mini meets?? :hyper: A smaller meet might work better for you too. Less crowded. :rotfl:

Beth,
I am in San Diego...so might make a mini meet sometime. I have the S. CA pass so lots of blackout dates!!!

My DD and I were just there last Thursday....so I do get my fix!!!

Oh, and I'd love to meet you too!!!

Amy

mommaU4
05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Amy, that's good you are able to get your fix now and then. I don't know what I am going to do after Oct when our APs expire!! :eek:

grumpyvet
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Amy, that's good you are able to get your fix now and then. I don't know what I am going to do after Oct when our APs expire!! :eek:

I'm guessing sob uncontrollably and eat Ben and Jerry's from the container!!!!:rolleyes1

We expire June 2. We go for my DD7's b-day June 1. That's using your pass to it's fullest.

I talked my mom into renewing the kid's for her birthday, not sure where the cash will come to renew my DH's and mine!!!! Using $45 of gas each week stinks!!!

Maybe you need an early fall 2008 girls dismeet before you expire!! Hmmmmm?

Amy

mommaU4
05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm guessing sob uncontrollably and eat Ben and Jerry's from the container!!!!:rolleyes1

We expire June 2. We go for my DD7's b-day June 1. That's using your pass to it's fullest.

I talked my mom into renewing the kid's for her birthday, not sure where the cash will come to renew my DH's and mine!!!! Using $45 of gas each week stinks!!!

Maybe you need an early fall 2008 girls dismeet before you expire!! Hmmmmm?

Amy
LOL Guess I'd better stock up on the ice cream now. It will take lots to console me. I've gotten very spoiled by having those APs. :sad2:

That's great your mom will renew the kids passes! Every little bit helps. Gas prices do suck though! :mad: You've got in worse in CA too then we do, but still.

I would LOVE to have a meet in early Fall. We are already planning a trip to DL sometime in Oct. probably the 8-10. I'll have the whole family with me, but if anyone local is meeting up, I can ditch them for awhile and hang out with the ladies.....:rolleyes1 :yay:

mommaU4
05-13-2008, 10:08 PM
OKay, this poll is officially closed!! :yay:

Thanks to all those who voted. :flower3: As you can see the late Feb/early March time frame has won with half the votes.

So based on that, and looking at the calendar while taking into consideration black out dates for those with Deluxe passes, these seem like the 3 main dates we can now choose from:

(Premium passes are never blocked out, and the SoCal ones seem to be blocked out on all Saturdays no matter what)

Feb. 19-23

Feb. 26-March 2

March 5-9

I am going to get a new poll up and running with those choices, so we can finally pick our dates for the 2009 Girls Only Disneyland Trip!!!!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay: