PDA

View Full Version : Question about an archive podcast - cruise info

robind
05-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just started listening to the pod cast about a month or so ago, although I've been on the boards for several years (guess I'm a little slow).

One of the shows I listened to - one of the podcasters had recently been on a Disney cruise and mentioned purchasing a piece of art by Salvador Dali durning the art auction. He also mentioned there was a disney connection to the piece;however, I can't find the right podcast where it was mentioned and don't remember the connect. Dali is a favorite of mine and I'd love to find out more.

Does anyone remember this? Also, I've been on several cruises (non-Disney) and the auction has always been run by Park West - does Disney also use Park West?

Thanks

chirurgeon
05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
There is an index for the podcast on a sticky at the top of the first page of the podcast board. I looked and there are several Disney Cruise references but they are not specific. I do remember Corey mentioning the connection but I don't remember the details. Give those a try.

Good Luck,

Kim

Annette_VA
05-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Looking at the index, Julie did her Store Tour on DCL on 10/2/2007, so that might have been right when they got back and might be the right episode.

DisneyKevin
05-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi robind,

While I'm more "Hello Dolly"... Corey is the Dali fiend.

Until he shows up to fill in details, I can tell you that the work is called Destino and was a collaboration between Dali and Disney.

You can read more about it here:

http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/exhibits/articles/waltanddali/

Kevin

robind
05-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Thanks to everyone for the quick responses. I'm really enjoying all the podcasts. The article was very good, I'd love to see some of the pieces. I usually end up spending more than I planned at the art auctions - usually because of all the 'free' stuff I get. :rotfl: