PDA

View Full Version : I miss the Podcast.....

DisDarling
05-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Every Tuesday morning I would open my Diet Coke, get my papers together, and log on to listen to my daily dose of Disney for the day from my favorite podcast team out there.

Please don't flame me, I know they will be back in their own time, I just wanted to let them each know that I miss hearing them and I will be truly excited when they come back and relive Bob memories.

:goodvibes to the entire Podcast team~
Amy

mandymommy4
05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
No flaming here :flower3:

I miss it also but I am dreading that first new show...... I know if I am dreading hearing it with out Bob they are dreading making it. KWIM?

I went to the meet and greet on Sunday and Corey mentioned making some changes so it was easier on them. He mentioned "switching it up a little." I'm sure that will take time for them to work out.

They were really a family and sometime its hard for "family's" to do the same ol' routine after a death. You know like if you had a family tradition of say, Pizza on fridays, It might be to hard to do that for a while. Am I making sense?

Maverick Mike
05-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I totally agree. This might be a chance to change things up, as it would help them to not miss having Bawb there quite so much..

My thoughts are with you all!

DVCsince02
05-06-2008, 09:36 AM
No flames Amy, I miss them too.

I agree that switching things up a little will help make the transition easier for everyone.

PS - We do pizza every Thursday... Survivor night!! :)

wishspirit
05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I miss it too, i miss knowing how all the guys are doing. I understand it will take a while, but can't mean we won't miss them! :goodvibes

Oh Saturday night is always steak night in my house, don't know why, just always is.

Im not complaining though! :worship:

Minnie Lor
05-06-2008, 09:44 AM
I miss it too, i miss knowing how all the guys are doing. I understand it will take a while, but can't mean we won't miss them! :goodvibes

Oh Saturday night is always steak night in my house, don't know why, just always is.

Im not complaining though! :worship:

Ditto here including the steak night being Sat. night. ;)

lugnut33
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Like Pete said in his eulogy, Bob would want us to go on, so I'm sure getting the show back up and running will happen with time.

Secretly we should all start to call it The Dis Bawbcast.

WaltD4Me
05-06-2008, 10:24 AM
No flames. I miss it too, but at the same time I can't imagine it without Bawb.
Even when Pete was just in California, I enjoyed the show, but was also thinking, it just isn't the same without the whole team.

That being said, I hope the crew takes their time and doesn't come back until they are all ready. :hug:

*Robin*
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Me too...

Miss Bob, miss the Podcast team.

sigh.

ericafny
05-06-2008, 10:53 AM
PS - We do pizza every Thursday... Survivor night!! :)

Us too, pizza and survivor on Thursdays :rotfl:

Can you believe this season's finale is on Sunday??

I too miss the podcast team and think about them every day...when they are ready they will come back and its good to know they are working out some new show ideas...shows they are moving on and keeping Bob's memory alive.

Stroller Boy
05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm with the "missing it" crowd. Almost feel greedy for even thinking it! If it were me, it would take a couple of tries of even sitting at the table before I'd be able to get through one (if I were on the team that is).

Whatever it takes, team! You'll know when you're ready, and we'll be here with bells on...okay, maybe no bells...perhaps an immunity idol for some of these guys.. :goodvibes

kgibbler20
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I miss it too and I am not even current on my listening. I'm working on January.

I think though that no one should be mad at any of us. It's just like if you talk to a friend everyday and then you don't hear from them for a few days. Or if a significant other goes away with out you. I think everyone here will agree, we feel the Pod Crew are friends. Not just untouchable celebrities. There is a personal connection to them.

WaltD4Me
05-06-2008, 11:16 AM
I was trying to think of a similiar situation and the only thing I could come up with, even though it's very different, was when John Spencer, Leo on the West Wing, died unexpectedly. West Wing is my all time favorite show, I have every season on DVD and was SO upset when he died, when the show came back, they had Leo die suddenly on the show, of course it's fictional, it was awful and the cast said it was extremely difficult to do, but I was still glad the show was back, even though I missed John/Leo on every episode, it wasn't the same, it was different, but the show went on
(until they cancelled it :mad:) and I still loved it.

aspen37
05-06-2008, 11:22 AM
No flames.I miss them also. I can't imagine what it will be like without Bob.:sad1:

Pinky166
05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
No flames here either...:goodvibes

I am really missing them too but can not even begin to think how difficult it will be for them to do the first one without Bawb....i'm not even sure i'm ready to listen either yet. :sad1:

camdensmom
05-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I had a doctor appointment today and since I'm a teacher and can't just come and go I had to take the entire day off. I typically enjoy a day off (with DH at work and DS in preschool) by scrapbooking and catching up on podcasts. It's one of my most favorite things to do.

I realized today that while I miss the podcasts and look forward to their return, I think we will always miss the podcasts "as they were." Honestly, you can get Disney tips and info in so many places, but the podcasts offered so much more and that was personality.

I liked hearing the tales of how the members of the team had come together over the years because I truly think it was brilliant "casting" on Pete's part. While each member is unique and well-liked by all, I'm sure everyone would agree that the true humor from the show almost always involved Bob (either through something he said or did himself or something the team said in response to something he said or did).

While I look forward to the return of the podcast and am confident that it will be exceptional (as it truly seems like everything they do is far above average), I am certain it will have a different feel to it and will be very different from what it was.

IHeartTink04
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I miss the podcast and I will miss it until the next one comes out!

Take care of yourself team and know that you are missed and appreciated. :flower3:

Roxy217
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
No flames here, I miss them also. It will be so weird, the first show I mean. I hope Pete, Kevin, John, Corey & Julie are Ok. I just ant to give a shout out to them & let them know that we are here for them, however long it takes:grouphug:

Roxy217
05-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I had a doctor appointment today and since I'm a teacher and can't just come and go I had to take the entire day off. I typically enjoy a day off (with DH at work and DS in preschool) by scrapbooking and catching up on podcasts. It's one of my most favorite things to do.

I realized today that while I miss the podcasts and look forward to their return, I think we will always miss the podcasts "as they were." Honestly, you can get Disney tips and info in so many places, but the podcasts offered so much more and that was personality.

I liked hearing the tales of how the members of the team had come together over the years because I truly think it was brilliant "casting" on Pete's part. While each member is unique and well-liked by all, I'm sure everyone would agree that the true humor from the show almost always involved Bob (either through something he said or did himself or something the team said in response to something he said or did).

While I look forward to the return of the podcast and am confident that it will be exceptional (as it truly seems like everything they do is far above average), I am certain it will have a different feel to it and will be very different from what it was.

You are so right! You can get Disney tips just about anywhere but is it the personalities that we've come to love and consider our "Disney Family":flower3:

OKW Lover
05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I know I'm missing it too. I also know that the crew needs some time to grieve and heal. I suspect they will be getting "back in the saddle" soon though as nothing helps like getting back into the routine of something you love.

Dr. David Q. Dawson
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Was the 'Disneyland' show Bob's last recorded show? Wonder if they will release that one...? Maybe with a brief intro from Pete explaining how that was Bob's last show. It will definately be difficult to listen too though...

Having said that, I hope the Podcast team takes all the time they need. I can imagine how difficult that first recording session will be.

Oh, and Pizza night is Friday in our house.

polineedyan
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I would be looking for something soon. Re-booting the podcast is a way to heal. Im sure that the casters know that Bob would want it to continue (of course..) Kinda goes without saying.
Aaaand..(sigh) they know they'll have to talk about Bawb. Probably moreso the first episode..
Remember, the mongello podcast is good too, so if you havent listened to it lately, you can get your fix there while "our" team is gearing up.
Now, what happens to the infamous first LIVE show..hmm..:rolleyes1
Get well soon, all! Cant wait to hear from ya!:grouphug:

SamIAm21
05-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm definitely in the missing it, but totally understand their need for time, camp. It's so painful right now that Pete hasn't even released the Disneyland segment yet. They all need as many virtual hugs as possible! :hug:

The team has the right idea in switching the format around though. It would be really hard to get through "Rapid Fire" without Bob's not so rapid topics. Gosh I'm gonna miss that guy... :sad1:

corky441
05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I understand that it will take them time to get back to the table without Bob.
I've been downloading archives of their prior podcasts to help ease my withdrawal symtoms right now.
unfortunately - hearing Bob's voice make me realize just how much he's going to be missed by everyone. The 10th anniversary show really got me all teared up...:sad2:

DisneyKevin
05-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Gang,

We truly appreciate the support and love that comes through each and every one of your posts.

I am sure you can imagine the gamut of emotions that we all seem to be running through this past week.

We all consciously understand the need to resume the Podcast....getting back on the horse so to speak....and we all can speak the words that we know thats what Bob would have wanted.

We also know that some things will need to change. Bob is an irreplacable part of the Podcast. There is no one that would or could deny that.

That being said....

It was not at all unusual for me to not see Bob except on weekends. We would all go to dinner on Saturday night and then record on Sunday or Monday. So there are hours in the day that I forget for a a short while that Bob is gone. It seems natural that I will see him or talk to him in the next few days. And then reality seeps back in....

I'm not telling y'all this as a way to illicit sympathy... just as a way of explaining that going out to dinner this Saturday night and then sitting down to record a show seems daunting without him.

While I hope that you wont hold me to an exact day or time, I am guessing that we will be back in the studio sooner rather than later.

It will be hard for all of us, including those listening, as we will not seem whole, but we all know that we must move ahead.

Thanks for letting me ramble and for being patient with us.

We hope to be ready soon.

Kevin

Dr. David Q. Dawson
05-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for checking in Kevin. We all look forward to hearing you all again. Whenever that time is right

Tissa
05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Take your time and do it when it feels right. It's easy for me to say the show must go on when it's not me feeling the pain you all do. I've never met Bob in person and I still feel like screaming "NOT FAIR, GIVE HIM BACK!"

In the meantime I'll search for past episodes that I missed to get my fix.
Hang in there.

DisNutSam
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I really miss them too. I started to listen to some old shows, and began to cry so I stopped. If it is to soon for me then I can't imagine how difficult it must be for the team. For the podteam, please take all the time you need and just know that we will all be waiting for you when you feel you are all ready. The grace you have all shown through this has been a testiment of your the strengh of characters.

Much love,
Sammie

SamIAm21
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Kevin, it would be beyond reason to ever think that you would post anything to elicit sympathy or anything else for that matter. Just know that while all the formal cermonies may have ended, we are still here for the Varley family and the PodSquad. We are still thinking about you as you heal from this horrible blow to your family.

I'm not sure I can speak for everyone, but I know that as much as I look forward to the next DIS Unplugged podcast, I also know how hard it will be to listen to. I cannot for a minute imagine how hard it will be to sit down and record. So, in that spirit, please do what's best for you, John, Pete, Julie, Corey and Will.

macheath
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Kevin,
Thanks for the "ramble"...I didn't think it was a ramble at all, though.

Although we all miss the podcast right now, we want you to take care of yourselves first. Everyone is united behind you guys :grouphug: and as I've said before, we won't go anywhere. We will still be here with you!

I too miss the podcasts. I think that is perfectly acceptable.. Because as we say we miss you guys, it's just another way of saying we care about ya' all.

It has been nice to go back and listen to older sessions, also. It was hard at first, but with each one I've listened to, well, it just feels better....

Take care of each other:flower3:

(P.S. Add me to the Friday night pizza list!)

chirurgeon
05-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I had been thinking about this. In my head I knew the Podcast crew needs time to get back to the Podcast, in my gut I wanted to hear a new pod cast. My head will rule and I will patiently (sort of) wait however long and I will be here when the new podcast comes out.

Kim

slapwhitey
05-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks Kevin, for the update. I think we can all appreciate how difficult it will be for you guys and I'm sure no one means to rush you guys into it.

I gotta say though, I'm really looking forward to the Disneyland podcast. It will be exceptionally sad for me but exciting at the same time. We have our first family trip to Disneyland for 1 week coming next month and I just know Pete and the rest of you guys will provide us with incredibly valuable information. If you guys can't get it out, whether it be time or emotional constraints that is more than ok. I'm sure I'll get by without too much trouble. ;)

aaronmckie
05-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I just miss you guys, and I know that hearing the podcasts again will help bring closure for me (but man, will it ever be hard to listen to for a while...).

Take your time coming back, gang, and know you've got a loving audience waiting for you :grouphug:

robertgp124
05-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the update, Kevin. I think all of us just plain miss hearing from you all. We understand why, but that doesn't make us miss you any less. It really is thoughtful and nice of you to stick your head in once and a while and say hello.

Mr. Plutes
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I to miss the podcast. So for a quick fix, I listen to the moo-gee-toe podcast. I was in my car cracking up like crazy. So to all the podcast crew when your ready we will be here waiting. Take care of each other.

WaltD4Me
05-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I so understand what Kevin said about forgetting then remembering that someone is gone.

A friend of mine died unexpectedly 2 years ago in a car accident and to this day I have moments when I forget and think "I need to call Dawn." and then reality smacks me in the face. It's tough. I think maybe a bit more so when you didn't have any time to prepare or get used to the idea. We used to hang out at one particular restaurant, pretty much every Friday night, it took me a long time to go back there.

We'll all be here ready when the crew is ready. Old podcasts have been really helping me and I'll just keep loading those up until you are.

MenashaCorp
05-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I so understand what Kevin said about forgetting then remembering that someone is gone.

A friend of mine died unexpectedly 2 years ago in a car accident and to this day I have moments when I forget and think "I need to call Dawn." and then reality smacks me in the face. It's tough. I think maybe a bit more so when you didn't have any time to prepare or get used to the idea. We used to hang out at one particular restaurant, pretty much every Friday night, it took me a long time to go back there.

We'll all be here ready when the crew is ready. Old podcasts have been really helping me and I'll just keep loading those up until you are.

Ditto here. Three years later, I'm still thinking "I need to tell Dad about... oh, yeah." I'm seeing our missing the podcast as one way we're all telling the PodSquad

:flower3: how much they mean to us... :flower3: ,

as Good Ol' DisneyKevin recommended.

WE WOULDN'T MISS IT IF YOU GUYS WEREN'T SO IMPORTANT TO US!! TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! :grouphug:

DisDarling
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi Kevin

I hope I didn't come across as being selfish missing you all, I just really truly miss each of you. It is a part of my life each week and when it is absent, there is definitely a feeling of loss there. I know the first one will be tough, so please take all the time in the world. I truly just wanted you each to know how much you are missed here.

Missing Bawb,
Amy

Hi Gang,

We truly appreciate the support and love that comes through each and every one of your posts.

I am sure you can imagine the gamut of emotions that we all seem to be running through this past week.

We all consciously understand the need to resume the Podcast....getting back on the horse so to speak....and we all can speak the words that we know thats what Bob would have wanted.

We also know that some things will need to change. Bob is an irreplacable part of the Podcast. There is no one that would or could deny that.

That being said....

It was not at all unusual for me to not see Bob except on weekends. We would all go to dinner on Saturday night and then record on Sunday or Monday. So there are hours in the day that I forget for a a short while that Bob is gone. It seems natural that I will see him or talk to him in the next few days. And then reality seeps back in....

I'm not telling y'all this as a way to illicit sympathy... just as a way of explaining that going out to dinner this Saturday night and then sitting down to record a show seems daunting without him.

While I hope that you wont hold me to an exact day or time, I am guessing that we will be back in the studio sooner rather than later.

It will be hard for all of us, including those listening, as we will not seem whole, but we all know that we must move ahead.

Thanks for letting me ramble and for being patient with us.

We hope to be ready soon.

Kevin

Roxy217
05-06-2008, 03:52 PM

Me too. :hug: My Aunt passed suddenly and sometimes I find myself dialing the first 5 numbers of her telephone number and then. . Oh, yeah. We miss you guys and will wait. Take time:love:

bettyann29
05-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Kevin.. Thank you so much for taking the time to come here and explain although you need no explanation.. I am also in the "missing you guys club" because I truly enjoy listening to each of you and the wisdom you provide.. You guys make me laugh, cry, excited to go back to Disney, etc.. I feel like I am with friends each week.. I run to my computer each week to download the next show...

Take all the time you need.. we will be here when its right for you to resume again.. :goodvibes

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Kevin I can totally relate to your post. It is that kind of thing you forget about for short periods of time and then remember. Thanks for taking the time to post. Cant wait to hear you guys again. I miss all of you too!

DisneyKevin
05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh gosh....how can love and support and wonderful thoughts and wishes ever come across as anything less wonderous.

I understand....I really do.

I miss the podcast too.

John and I live about an hour away from where Pete lives (and the podcast is recorded) and the fastest way to get there is a two lane (but very busy) road. With traffic, it can take a LONG time to get there and get home.

There have been days when the idea of being witty ...or even interesting seemed daunting.

But no matter what the mood going in.....the conversation started and you just became involved and interested.

I hope I use the right words to let you all know that this would have been even more difficult without you.

Y'all have given us a place and a reason to come and share our thoughts, whether they are humorous and silly or in this case, heartfelt and grieving.

I think this relationship is symbiotic (I learned this in The Land pavillion) and that we get from you, as much or more than we give.

Thanks
Kevin

abish19
05-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Kevin-

I'm sure you've realized that we love you (not in a creepy, stalker way) and are all PATIENTLY waiting to hear your voices again.

I imagine if it were me, I might have a difficult time speaking through tears.

But then again - "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!"

Having lost several loved ones I just want you to know that we all understand, at least in part, your suffering as well as your desire to move forward as Bob would want you to. The timetable is totally up to you along with John, Pete, Corey and Julie.

Thanks for keeping us posted and for regularly "checking up" on all of us on the boards.

BRobson
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh gosh....how can love and support and wonderful thoughts and wishes ever come across as anything less wonderous.

I understand....I really do.

I miss the podcast too.

John and I live about an hour away from where Pete lives (and the podcast is recorded) and the fastest way to get there is a two lane (but very busy) road. With traffic, it can take a LONG time to get there and get home.

There have been days when the idea of being witty ...or even interesting seemed daunting.

But no matter what the mood going in.....the conversation started and you just became involved and interested.

I hope I use the right words to let you all know that this would have been even more difficult without you.

Y'all have given us a place and a reason to come and share our thoughts, whether they are humorous and silly or in this case, heartfelt and grieving.

I think this relationship is symbiotic (I learned this in The Land pavillion) and that we get from you, as much or more than we give.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin it is lovely to hear you getting some comfort from the boards - I want to thank everyone here for just being here really :hug: Even though I live thousands of miles away you are all close to my heart :lovestruc

GBShorts
05-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Kevin,
Thanks for the "ramble"...I didn't think it was a ramble at all, though.

Although we all miss the podcast right now, we want you to take care of yourselves first. Everyone is united behind you guys :grouphug: and as I've said before, we won't go anywhere. We will still be here with you!

I too miss the podcasts. I think that is perfectly acceptable.. Because as we say we miss you guys, it's just another way of saying we care about ya' all.

It has been nice to go back and listen to older sessions, also. It was hard at first, but with each one I've listened to, well, it just feels better....

Take care of each other:flower3:

(P.S. Add me to the Friday night pizza list!)

I was going to say the exact same thing! Saying we miss the podcasts is just like saying we miss those IN the podcast, not so much saying we want you back making new shows right this second. I am a relative "newcomer" - I started listening to the podcasts back in November or so, so I'm getting my fix by starting with the first podcast on my iTunes list, somewhere back in the summer of 2006. I'll have to look and see if there's any before that that I've missed once I finish. It's so interesting listening to the older casts and noticing the different format, the fact that Ricky was there and Julie wasn't, and so on.

Kevin-

I'm sure you've realized that we love you (not in a creepy, stalker way) and are all PATIENTLY waiting to hear your voices again.

I had to reply to this one too- Steel Magnolias :hug:

We love you guys. I have no doubt in my mind that many of us will listen to that first podcast through tears, regardless of if the podcasters make it through without tears. Having said that, I still can't wait to hear all your voices again in a current cast. :grouphug:

aspen37
05-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Kevin-

Having lost several loved ones I just want you to know that we all understand, at least in part, your suffering as well as your desire to move forward as Bob would want you to. The timetable is totally up to you along with John, Pete, Corey and Julie.

Thanks for keeping us posted and for regularly "checking up" on all of us on the boards.

I wanted to say the same thing. We love you guys and just miss hearing your voices. In the last few years I have lost my father, and grandfather so I know how hard this is.:sad1: Please take all the time you need. We will all be here ready to listen when your ready to talk to us.

dolcezena
05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way!

I was getting ready for work & realized "Ooooh, it's Tuesday, new podcast!" Then I remembered that everything had changed. (I'm a bit foggy in the AM).

At this point, I want a new podcast so I can HEAR the crew, to know that they're dealing, ya know? I feel like I've lost someone who lives in the Amazon & I have no way to be there for them. There's no doubt in my mind that they all know how many people are grieving with them, but I find myself worrying about how they're doing.

Kevin, I'm so glad you're able to find some comfort on the boards & it's apparent that you're being incredibly strong through all of this. I hope the rest of the team is taking strength from each other, & I really hope you're remembering all the happy times you had together. I know when I had to do my Baba's eulogy, my goal was to make people smile & remember her the way she would have wanted to be remembered. I realized then that the good memories we have of someone are what sustain us when we're feeling the darkest.

Miss you guys, & hope we'll all be hearing from you soon.

Disneybridein2k3
05-06-2008, 06:09 PM

Very well said :thumbsup2 Someone said it already but it bears repeating - if you didn't mean so much to us, we wouldn't be here caring about you guys. Please understand that. We just wanted you to know we were still here, missing you and thinking of you.

~Stacy

Masonic Mouse
05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I too want to chime in and say it does not seem like Tuesday without a new show. Well most Tuesdays anyway.:rotfl: Just a few thought about recovering from a loss or struggle to help you all out. When my Mother passed away when I was 14 we got on a plane to Walt Disney World for a week. After I recovered form a Heart Attack a few years ago We drove down to Walt Disney World for a week, and a year latter my Father was misdiagnosed, over drugged and spent 6 months in a nursing home because of it. My parents got on a plane and went to Walt Disney World for a week. I don't know if you have ever been to this magic place but it sure does the trick for me and my family.

Jeff

*NikkiBell*
05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Although I feel a bit disconnected from our podcast friends today, I totally understand their need to regroup. I'll be here with bells on waiting for their return. :)

rlduvall
05-06-2008, 06:44 PM
At this point, I want a new podcast so I can HEAR the crew, to know that they're dealing, ya know? I feel like I've lost someone who lives in the Amazon & I have no way to be there for them. There's no doubt in my mind that they all know how many people are grieving with them, but I find myself worrying about how they're doing.

I feel exactly the same way. I want to comfort them and be comforted by them (yew - that types out so much creepier than it sounds in my head :rotfl: ). Hope you guys know what I mean. ;) And for the record: I am a relatively normal person with a hubby and a child . . . I'm not creepy rat (but I do love the Mouse) girl with no life. But dang it, I love the Podcast Team, in a non-stalker, non-threatening way and care about how they are feeling. :rolleyes1

dsnygirl2006
05-06-2008, 06:46 PM
My heart is so heavy, :sad1: I heard the news from Lou's podcast on WDW Radio Show and just couldn't believe it, I didn't personally know Bawb but I will miss hearing him so much on the podcast, I felt like I knew him and I always enjoyed listening to him talk......:sad2: He will be greatly missed and my thoughts and prayers are will all of his family and friends :grouphug:

Annette_VA
05-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I feel exactly the same way. I want to comfort them and be comforted by them (yew - that types out so much creepier than it sounds in my head :rotfl: ). Hope you guys know what I mean. ;) And for the record: I am a relatively normal person with a hubby and a child . . . I'm not creepy rat (but I do love the Mouse) girl with no life. But dang it, I love the Podcast Team, in a non-stalker, non-threatening way and care about how they are feeling. :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

I feel the same way!

parrotheadlois
05-06-2008, 06:58 PM
:grouphug: It's been a long week. . .for everyone I'm sure.

mommyceratops
05-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I missed it this morning also.

I appreciate you listening to us Kevin and sharing with us. Everything else has been said that I want to say....

We are there for you.....

:grouphug:

tacbets
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
If memory serves, I think there was one time when they skipped the podcast because a couple of people (Corey and Julie?) were away. Well, I missed the podcast then, but I wasn't sad about it. Now when I miss it, I am instantly reminded again of the tragic and sudden loss - and my heart is heavy. Kevin, and everyone else- please take your time, and do what feels right. And thank you for sharing your feelings and plans with us.

TSWJan78
05-06-2008, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to add thanks for posting Kevin... I will admit I have been stalking these boards the last week looking for posts from all of you as I know you don't know me but I feel I know you and worry about all of you... I understand it may be hard to come here but we all worry when we do not hear from you so thanks for keeping us posted...

Does anyone remeber the book Tuesdays with Morie... I fell like this is another version of this book...

*NikkiBell*
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I second that. I definitely want to hear all of their voices to know they are coping as best as they can. It's very comforting to see Kevin post here. I just hope Pete and the rest are alright as well.

Hugs and tomorrow is a new day!

sportears
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I am looking forward to hearing the wonderful stories about Bob that we've never heard before. Pete touched on one when he said that if anyone told Bob that they were going to DW that day; God help them. There's no doubt that Bob stories will live on through infamy.

concept5123
05-06-2008, 10:06 PM
you know i miss the show too....not for the info but it feels like being home for a little bit and hearing whats been going on while i was out for the week on a business trip.

kevin i miss your reviews!!!!

and lastly im kinda scared of you guys changing the format. i know its going to be different. but there are a lot of podcasts about Disney and they really all sound the same but you guys stick out, and i think its because its like i said before it feels like im in the group with you guys i kinda like will...lol and when i get my voice mail played then i talk on the show as much as will ...lol... i guess all im saying is just don't change it too much. but i know my family misses all of you guys.

disneydad78
05-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Im ready for a pod cast, we love you guys!

CelticBelle
05-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Im trying not to think about the fact that there is no new podcast. I was far behind and have been listening while doing homework etc. for the past 2 weeks. After being on here and hearing about great memories of bob and grieving over him it is nice to listen to his and all of the other podcasters. Im even able to appreciate more of the great bobisms after hearing them on here first. :rotfl:

That being said, I am trying to distract myself and not think about it. Maybe by the time I am done catching up there will be a new podcast where we can all support each other and relive great memories of bob. I think it would be great if people left voicemails of their bob experiences and everyone was able to reflect.

I know a new format may be required to ease the transition. It may be easier for everyone. Banter just wont be the same without bob.

Thank you Kevin for always checking on everyone on the boards. We are all here to support you guys also.:hug:

dmccarty
05-07-2008, 07:38 AM
PodCast Team,

Everyone knows that the first couple of new podcasts are going to be tough. Its going to be sad. I would be shocked if someone/everyone on the podcast team did not loose it for a time.

Thats ok. :) People SHOULD be emotional.

I'm sure one person on the podcast will start tearing up and then it will spread. :)

Thats ok. :)

And it will spread to the listeners. :)

Thats ok. :)

Its going to take awhile for the podcast team to find a new groove.

And thats ok too. :)

Don't worry too much about the PodCast. Just jump back in and what happens, happens.

Its all good. :banana:

weluvthecastle
05-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Kevin, for checking in. I, too, have been watching the boards for info from the Podcast gang. It's nice to hear from you once in a while since we aren't getting our Tuesday "fix" right now. Take your time and come back when you are ready! We all know it's going to be difficult but you have tons of friends on your side!

BellaSwan
05-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I miss the podcast as well :( But you all take the time that you need, we love and miss you all!

hbg4
05-08-2008, 01:23 AM
I can't believe Bawb's gone. He'll be sorely missed.
I've been listening to the Dis podcast almost daily since December catching up on the old as well as the new. It's like an old companion has suddenly disappeared.
I had just returned from the Disney Wonder on April 28th sick as a dog and in my own world. I just recovered this weekend and was wondering what happened to the pod cast. Saw pictures of Bawb's khart whizzing around with him having so much fun, but couldn't figure out "what happened to Bawb" until today when I found these posts.
RIP Bawb and I hope the Magic lies with you forever!

klam_chowder
05-08-2008, 07:42 AM
No flames here either. I haven't had a chance to read all the replies but wanted to add my feelings.

As for me, I don't think I'm ready to go back to the podcasts. I loaded a bunch of old ones on my ipod and was listening my way thru them (catching up on references from the past, like "pig poot" :lmao: ) but I haven't listened to any since. I think it will be a while before I can tune into the podcasts again but I continue to check out the different forums.

Best to all.

cheers,
:flower3:

mjperry
05-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I am missing it a lot, there are a lot of disney podcast, however the dis is the best.

UrsulasShadow
05-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I miss my friends.

Alicnwondrln
05-09-2008, 07:23 AM
I do to.