PDA

View Full Version : For Good - From Wicked

*NikkiBell*
05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I downloaded the full version of this song tonight from iTunes. I have never been lucky enough to see the show or even hear its soundtrack, but I must admit that this song brought some comfort to me. I definitely feel better after listening to it.

Just thought I'd share.

disneycruise05
05-05-2008, 07:39 PM
If you ever have the chance to see Wicked, Nikki, take it! It is such an incredible show. Just make sure to take some tissues (okay...maybe a lot). And now, because of Bawb, it has a new meaning to me. "For Good" is amazing. Just because someone is gone, doesn't mean they're forgotten. Some people will always be important to us and play a role in our life.

bettyann29
05-06-2008, 04:56 AM
I also just downloaded the song and wow! What an amazing song.. :goodvibes

GBShorts
05-06-2008, 06:23 AM
I'm going to have to listen to it (again!) while at work today... That's one of my favorites from the show.

Madi100
05-06-2008, 06:35 AM
I've probably listened to it 30 times since I downloaded it on Saturday. We are only 3 hours from Chicago, so it's not too far for us to go and see it. Anniversary, Mother's Day... Hmmm, suppose he got the hint.

scarlett873
05-06-2008, 07:10 AM
I was first introduced to Wicked by a Broadway music channel that I had on DISH Network. They played some of the music every now and then and I loved it, so I bought the CD. Loved the whole CD! It was kind of fun trying to figure out what each song meant to the plot line...

Then DH and I went to see the touring production of Wicked in Chicago. This was before they put in the permanent production of the show there in Chicago. AMAZING is the only word I could use to describe the show! I cried like a baby at the end...For Good gets me every danged time.

I've read the book too, but I much prefer the stage version. It's not as dark as the book seems to be...and I always prefer to see the characters come to life on a stage anyway.

I just found out that Wicked will be here in Indianapolis next year!!! WAHOO!!!! I've been dying to see it again, but just couldn't spring for a Chicago weekend to see it. I believe it'll be here June of 2009. I plan to purchase tickets as soon as I can!

And i'm sure that I will cry like a baby again, as the message of the show and the song For Good now has personal meaning.

Dismom+two
05-06-2008, 05:25 PM
My DD13 and I saw Wicked a week ago today in NYC and it was wonderful. I actually saw it back in January and knew then I had to bring my DD to see it.
If anyone has a chance to see it...I HIGHLY recommend it!!!

GBShorts
05-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I've probably listened to it 30 times since I downloaded it on Saturday. We are only 3 hours from Chicago, so it's not too far for us to go and see it. Anniversary, Mother's Day... Hmmm, suppose he got the hint.

Oh oh oh, GO SEE IT!! I suggest looking for tickets starting from the main site www.wickedthemusical.com/chicago and go to the bottom, clicking the ticketmaster link.

I'd suggest Loge seats or floor seats. I sat once in the balcony and it's a bit far away (loge is the closest set of seats in the balcony) and I sat once in the dress circle. There you have a limited view of the top of the stage-something you'll WANT to see when you go to this show.

It's prophetic that they all went to see this show with such a great and fitting song (all are great but this one especially)...

amyy
05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
I have listened to the song several times too. It's so difficult to think of those things in the moment but someone did an excellent job!