PDA

View Full Version : How much of the BCV is available to trade into now?


Peterd
03-28-2002, 03:13 PM
I was wondering how the "available rooms for points" deal works at a resort that isn't sold out yet. If say the BCV has only sold 20% of their inventory so far, does that mean that they will only let DVC use 20% of the rooms on points and the rest on cash? If someone is on the waiting list, and someone else buys in, would that free up more rooms to be had on points? I just thought I read somewhere that there would be a limited amount of rooms available until more people bought into it. If this was true, and a new owner buys in and wants to get into the BCV with his new points for say sept (under 7 months), would he get priority over someone on the waitlist from another DVC resort?
If the rooms are 100% available now, disregard all the previous.

WebmasterDoc
03-28-2002, 03:25 PM
The % declared into inventory is usually a little greater than the % actually sold- so if 20% has really been sold- I would expect 25% to be available for point reservation. The remainder would be available thru CRO for cash reservations.

I would be surprised that the amount sold is actually as high as 20% - in less than 8 weeks of sales- but it could happen. If that's the case it'll be sold out by November and DVC will have nothing left to sell onsite!

If someone is on the waitlist and the inventory is increased...and there is still availability...then I would expect the waitlist would work. If the remainder of the resort has already been reserved thru CRO, there still might not be anything available.

Good Luck!

kem330
03-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Just to clarify a question I have: For example if at this moment there is 20% of BCV declared into DVC inventory. Is it correct that if CRO had a mad rush of reservations (highly unlikely I know!) they could rent out the remaining 80% of inventory say over Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays leaving no availability for new BCV purchasers at those times? I know this is far fetched, but I guess I'm trying to determine likelihood of new purchasers being able to get in at the holidays since CRO has had a head start at renting the rooms themselves. Could there be potential problems if BCV continues to sell so quickly, and CRO having already rented quite a few rooms BEFORE they are declared into DVC inventory?

CarolMN
03-28-2002, 04:38 PM
That's a good question, kem330!

I don't know the answer, but it seems to me that the Developer would have to keep some rooms "in reserve" (not available to CRO until some number of days ahead maybe 60?) unless they wanted to suspend sales for a while. I would be willing to bet that the state of Florida has laws about "overselling" - there HAS to be enough inventory to support the sales. Maybe the tricky part is determining what "enough" really is. My guess is that the Developer has some really good methods for keeping out of trouble with the law.

Again, JMHO. Looking forward to reading the "official" answer if anyone knows it.

drusba
03-28-2002, 11:22 PM
DVD (the developer) dedicates some units and then as those begin to get near sell-out, they dedicate some more. CRO can rent undedicated units. They don't rent all such units far in advance. DVD estimates likely dedication need 6 to 12 months out and CRO will rent out for that time only rooms that are beyond that projected need. What CRO will do is rent as many undedicated rooms as possible for occupancy in the near term (less than 6 months) before they are need for dedication to DVC.

Granny
03-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
I would be surprised that the amount sold is actually as high as 20% - in less than 8 weeks of sales- but it could happen. If that's the case it'll be sold out by November and DVC will have nothing left to sell onsite!


Doc....I'd be shocked as well. I know there is a pent up demand for the Boardwalk/Beach Club area but the initial flurry should be slowing down, I would think. And once the price goes up in June, that should slow down things a little as well.

Still, by all accounts, it seems that BCV sales are doing quite well. They better get going on the DIV's!!

fwm
03-29-2002, 07:41 AM
When they started selling BCVs 18 units were declared to DVC. There are now 67 units declared to DVC. I do not know hwat the total number of units is.

pentex
03-30-2002, 01:07 PM
Just FYI, I am an OKW owner and I was on the waitlist for BCV for less than a week. I called on Monday and was told it was "highly unlikely" my week would come through...we were so bummed out. Then, three days later, on Thursday, they called me and told me our waitlist came through and we are all set!!!

I asked and she told me that the new BCV owners don't get any priority over the other owners on waitlist (less than 7 mos. out). Once inventory opens, they give you a call.