PDA

View Full Version : Lou Mongello mentioned Bob's passing towards the end of his show

fav's=mets&mickey
05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that Lou from WDWRADIO mentioned bob's passing and his heart felt feeling are sent to his family, friends and podcast community that enjoyed hearing him. He mentions it at the end of his show before the voicemails start. I know that I am probably not the only one that did this but I had called Lou to mention it to him because although he is not associated with the DIS Unplugged he is still part of this great community of Disney Podcast that bring joy to all of us.

smphbear
05-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for posting this. I am only a little less than half way through. I wondered if he would say anything since he posted here.

Glad you called to thank him.

Tonya2426
05-05-2008, 12:23 PM
It is 1:34:10 into the show and very nicely done.

IHeartTink04
05-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I wondered if anyone else in the Disney podcast community mentioned Bob.

Thanks for letting me know.

wdwowner
05-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Bryan from the All About The Mouse podcast also mentioned Bob in their news segment.

Cruz Family
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Brian Ripper also mentioned it at the beginning of last weeks All about the mouse podcast. I sent him an email to let him know, because he had said he was an DISunplugged listener in a previous podcast. He wrote me back and was quite shocked and saddened by the news, as we all were.

Sorry, I didn't see the previous post.

polineedyan
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Thats fantastic, because Ive been looking at another POPULAR disney website, and not one of the bloggers there have mentioned a single word. Very Classy to Mongello.:thumbsup2

dpuck1998
05-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I just listened to that about 10 mins ago. I thought it was very well done. He also posted on the boards last week.

halliesmommy01
05-05-2008, 01:38 PM
So did Mike from Be Our Guest Podcast. It was at the very beginning of Friday's show I believe.

Becky

ghost1000
05-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Lou is a classy guy and his show is basically one notch away from being an official Disney podcast.

Ricky from Inside the Magic also reads an email about his passing and has a few nice words.

Maverick Mike
05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
We did talk about "Bawb's" passing on our show last Friday, but I didn't know exactly what to say. I never met him, but I felt like I knew him from the show. I just know that we will really miss him, and our sympathies go out to all of our DIS friends and family.

fav's=mets&mickey
05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
We did talk about "Bawb's" passing on our show last Friday, but I didn't know exactly what to say. I never met him, but I felt like I knew him from the show. I just know that we will really miss him, and our sympathies go out to all of our DIS friends and family.

Kudos:)

WaltD4Me
05-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Bryan from the All About The Mouse podcast also mentioned Bob in their news segment.

Yes, but he called him Bob Varney. Or at least I think it was All About the Mouse. I happened to hear one podcast mention it and I think the guy's name on it was Bryan.

canucktyke
05-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Ricky Brigante mentioned Bob on his Inside the Magic podcast.

Cruz Family
05-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes, but he called him Bob Varney. Or at least I think it was All About the Mouse. I happened to hear one podcast mention it and I think the guy's name on it was Bryan.

Yes, it was Bryan on all about the mouse that messed up Bawbs name. I didn't think it was worth mentioning but now that you brought it up........isn't it ironic that someone on a podcast would mangle Bawbs name. Maybe it was a subtle tribute??? :confused3

crazytp93
05-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Just listened to Lou, and I agree, it was very respectful and courteous of him.

Cyrano
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Nice to hear of the respect for Bawb in the Disney community :goodvibes

WaltD4Me
05-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, it was Bryan on all about the mouse that messed up Bawbs name. I didn't think it was worth mentioning but now that you brought it up........isn't it ironic that someone on a podcast would mangle Bawbs name. Maybe it was a subtle tribute??? :confused3

Yeah, I'm sorry, it wasn't really worth mentioning, I was irked by it at the time though. I doubt it was a subtle tribute, he seemed like maybe he was reading something, maybe it was just a typo. :confused3 It was nice of them to mention it, I listened to Laughing Place's podcast for May 2nd and they didn't, I was a little surprised.

fightinfire21
05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Lou also posted his condolinces (SP?) on the DIS as his first post ever. Lou is a class act and also runs a great podcast. Him and the DIS Unplugged are by far my two favorites (Inside the Magic at a very close third)

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-05-2008, 04:29 PM
That is very nice of him. Just goes to show what a great man Bawb was and how much he affected everyone. Great job Lou!

paperdoll1986
05-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I'll have to listen. I jsut don't really feel like listening to podcasts lately :sad2:

I'm just not ready to continue listening yet...

Minnie Lor
05-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I've met Lou and he's :thumbsup2 in my book and this just confirms it. I haven't listened to Ricky's show yet but he's a great guy as well. I heard Bryan Ripper and Mike mention Bawb's passing on their respective shows. :goodvibes

We are all apart of a Disney community :grouphug: It makes me feel fortunate to be apart of all these different podcasts and forums that show their respect. I'm sure other podcasts will also pay their respect once they hear.

Geef
05-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Inside the Magic was the first podcast that I ever listen to. I then found Lou's WDWradio podcast. Then found my home at the DIS. All these people are class acts. Ricky B and Lou M handle themselve with dignity, and constantly show respect for others.

Thetwo of them speaking of Bawb doesn't surprise me a bit. Kudo's to both of them.

Where is Lou's post posted?

ps. The DIS is the only podcast that I know that is still funny and entertaining enough to relisten to... again... and again... and again...

Stroller Boy
05-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry, it wasn't really worth mentioning, I was irked by it at the time though. I doubt it was a subtle tribute, he seemed like maybe he was reading something, maybe it was just a typo. :confused3 It was nice of them to mention it, I listened to Laughing Place's podcast for May 2nd and they didn't, I was a little surprised.

Bryan is a fairly new listener to the show, so I think he just made a mistake on Bawb's last name. I almost mentioned it to him on his boards, but knew it just an honest mistake and didn't want to embarrass him.

fightinfire21
05-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Inside the Magic was the first podcast that I ever listen to. I then found Lou's WDWradio podcast. Then found my home at the DIS. All these people are class acts. Ricky B and Lou M handle themselve with dignity, and constantly show respect for others.

Thetwo of them speaking of Bawb doesn't surprise me a bit. Kudo's to both of them.

Where is Lou's post posted?

ps. The DIS is the only podcast that I know that is still funny and entertaining enough to relisten to... again... and again... and again...

Lou replied here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1808188&page=27

Here's what he said:

Although I have not posted here before, I wanted to come on and offer my sincerest condolences to Bob's family - both his immediate and extended here on the DIS and on the DISUnplugged.

It's of course always sad when someone passes, but when we as an entire community of Disney fans lose a fellow member, it's even harder. Although I did not know him personally, I can see from the outpouring of support both here and elsewhere online that he was a friend to many, and enjoyed by even more.

I know that podcasts allow both hosts and listeners to connect in a very personal way, and I'm sure that many of you felt Bob was a friend, even though you may never have met him in person. The entire Disney podcast community feels a loss today as well.

Again, my heartfelt condolences to all of you who suffered a loss from his passing.

Geef
05-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Thank You

CastawayJP
05-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Inside the Magic was the first podcast that I ever listen to. I then found Lou's WDWradio podcast. Then found my home at the DIS. All these people are class acts.

That is funny. I went in the exact opposite order! My first podcast was DIS then WDW and then Inside The Magic. I remember thinking who the heck is this Bawb guy that talks so funny about the Kah Pahk? I was hooked from then on!

miss missy
05-06-2008, 05:24 AM
I think anyone messing up Bawbs name would be :thumbsup2 with him. Remember this is BAWB we are tlaking about, he had his own "Bawb club" and he read emails that were about HIM :rotfl2: Bawb would be thrilled to be mentioned, name wrong or not, I am sure of it :goodvibes

elemusing
05-06-2008, 08:08 AM
I was the Angie who sent the email to Ricky. I didn't expect him to read it and offer condolences on his podcast. So of course, driving to work this morning, I hear him read my email and talk a bit about Bob and the Dis unplugged and I started crying.

I think Bob would be amazed at all these people who respect and honored him. And I think he would love it!

Maverick Mike
05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Lou's post was perfect. We really feel like we have lost a "true friend," but it's so nice that our community cares this much!

We miss you, Bawb!

pha1226
05-06-2008, 11:10 AM
There was also a mention of Bob's passing in the "Magically Speaking" newsletter I got today from "The magic for less".