PDA

View Full Version : Book now or wait?

fuse04
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Hoping to go to WDW next May 17- June 05 2009, renting DVC points which can be booked 11 months in advance (VWL and AKV) However we cannot cannot book our flights direct with VA until 5/6 July 2009. So in theory we could book our rooms before flights :scared1:

Have just phoned VH for a flydrive price which is 1782 for 2 adults and a child. Donlt need the car so had a quote for it for the first week

Not sure what to do :confused3

Book flydrive now but feels 200-300 more than we should (probably the price of the car)?

Book rooms then flights (might not get the exact flights dates I guess) or

Book flights then rooms (but need 9 consecutive nights at AKV and anxious we not be able to get then by wiaitng until July).

What do you think?

:confused3 :confused3

Andrew DEREK UK
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Well you can do any of thoose, the flights at that time of year will not sell out very quick so booking the room in advance isnt an issue, I booked cruises well in advance of flights, for me personally I would book with VH Flydrive now.

Boss Hogg
05-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd hang on, as you cannot book your rooms (entirely) before your flights anyway. At least that way, you can make sure it all marries up.

Mrs Hobbes
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I think I'd wait to book my flights but I'd book my accomodation now. We're DVC members and that is what we did for our Feb 2009 trip. You can always move your dates for accomodation if necessary. I know that there is a risk that if this happens the dates you need won't be available but you can wait list those dates and book a cash res at one of the All Star resorts if the wait list doesn't come through.

fuse04
05-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Never done DIY before so no idea as to whether the FD price is reasonable or not. Had budgeted 1600 for flights but could go to the 1782. However Mile sand money available for this may/june at 1280 for the three of us?

Rob

fuse04
05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I think I'd wait to book my flights but I'd book my accomodation now. We're DVC members and that is what we did for our Feb 2009 trip. You can always move your dates for accomodation if necessary. I know that there is a risk that if this happens the dates you need won't be available but you can wait list those dates and book a cash res at one of the All Star resorts if the wait list doesn't come through.

Hi Emma, we are rentking pints froms one in the UK rather than our own points. Are you sayng that even after booking the dates, assuming there are rooms available, the dates can be changed?....how does the wait list work?

thanks
Rob

Bernie-Ann
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Hoping to go to WDW next May 17- June 05 2009, renting DVC points which can be booked 11 months in advance (VWL and AKV) However we cannot cannot book our flights direct with VA until 5/6 July 2009. So in theory we could book our rooms before flights :scared1:

Have just phoned VH for a flydrive price which is 1782 for 2 adults and a child. Donlt need the car so had a quote for it for the first week

Not sure what to do :confused3

Book flydrive now but feels 200-300 more than we should (probably the price of the car)?

Book rooms then flights (might not get the exact flights dates I guess) or

Book flights then rooms (but need 9 consecutive nights at AKV and anxious we not be able to get then by wiaitng until July).

What do you think?

:confused3 :confused3

Hi!

I've book our flights with Virgin for October 2009. I rang a company called Charter Travel and spoke to Jenny (she's one of the owners and really knows here stuff!). I managed to get my flights for a great price. Very happy with service - my family have been using them for years. If you can't find there number and your interested drop me a PM and I'll forward you their number.

Boss Hogg
05-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Hi Emma, we are rentking pints froms one in the UK rather than our own points. Are you sayng that even after booking the dates, assuming there are rooms available, the dates can be changed?....how does the wait list work?

thanks
Rob
Yes rooms can be changed easily. Wait list basically puts your name "down" and should the room you want become available it gets booked.

Mrs Hobbes
05-06-2008, 04:07 AM

thanks
Rob

Hi I think that Boss Hogg has answered your question but I'll just add. So long as the DVC member that you are renting from is happy to try and adjust the dates for you then moving your dates is easy. I have re-arranged my own booking about 4 times now!! The member that you are renting from won't be able to guarantee that they will be able to move the dates for you of course as they won't know if there is availbility or not until they try. However as I mentioned when they request your new dates if there isn't availanility they can put your request on the waitlist and if the dates become availble you will get your reservation. If you don't then you will always be able to find a cash room somewhere on property and it is likely to only be for a couple of days as I'm sure you won't need to move your days by much.