PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks

DisneyKevin
05-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Bob's memorial was beautiful and moving.

It was a wonderful and heartfelt testament to an amazing guy.

The gentleman officiating the memorial mentioned that while he had never been to this website, he visited after being told of Bob's involvement.

I believe he said he was in "awe" of the heartfelt wishes and good will and sheer number of people posting. He described us as a "world wide phenomenon."

So even though you may not have been able to be there in body, you were all certainly there in spirit and energy.

I am and always will be proud to name Bob my friend.

I am also proud to be a member of this community.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kevin

WebmasterAlex
05-03-2008, 08:09 PM
One of the recurrent themes was how people from all over the world were touched by Bawb.
Pete gave a lovely, heartfelt eulogy that just blew everone away.
There were a lot of laughs too though as we celebrated Bob's life and that is how he would have wanted it.
I've known Bob for 10 years and even I learned a lot about him. He was an incredible person.

*Robin*
05-03-2008, 08:09 PM
:hug:

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I was wondering how you all made out today. I am so glad you posted and let us know. We love you guys just like family. This is truely a great place that the crew has made for us. (((HUGS)))) for tommorrow. :grouphug:

Disneybridein2k3
05-03-2008, 08:15 PM
One of the recurrent themes was how people from all over the world were touched by Bawb.
Pete gave a lovely, heartfelt eulogy that just blew everone away.
There were a lot of laughs too though as we celebrated Bob's life and that is how he would have wanted it.
I've known Bob for 10 years and even I learned a lot about him. He was an incredible person.
I'm sure it will take some time, but I would love to hear some of the Bawb stories you heard today. It makes it a bit easier for those of us that could only be there in spirit today.

DLBDS
05-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Thank you, Kevin, Alex.

:hug:

safetymom
05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
It was a beautiful celebration of Bob's life. He has a great family.

There wasn't a dry eye in the room when they were telling stories about Bob. They also played some very meaningful Disney songs to complement the memorial for Bob.

Tonya2426
05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for posting Kevin and Alex. I am happy Bob was remembered in such a special way. And I am sure he would be overjoyed with being a "world wide phenomenon." (He is probably gonna need a bigger halo soon.) ;)

cocowum
05-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for posting.:hug:

Renysmom
05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Kevin and Alex -

My heart goes out to you and the rest of the crew today and in the days to come. It is wonderful to hear Bob has a celebratory send-off.

Personally, thanks to both of you for taking the podcast crew lead and coming here this week to talk to us and inform us. I know how hard it has been for you to do this and I really appreciate it. I am sure it took a lot of of Pete to know you are here as well as there with him.

I hope we your "fans" have brought you comfort as well

UrsulasShadow
05-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Thank you for checking in with us, Kevin, Alex, and safetymom. It's been great having everyone here on the boards to commiserate with, but I think we all wish we could have been with you today. At least we were all together in our thoughts.

Kelsie
05-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Thank you Kevin and Alex

I really wanted to be there but it just wasn't physically possible for me right now.

You have all been in my thoughts today.......

lttlmc3
05-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you for letting us know Kevin and Alex. Know that we are all thinking about you this day.

farmergirl
05-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Even though we could not be there with you. You were all in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for these boards. What a wonderful Disney Family. :grouphug:

two-foxes
05-03-2008, 08:39 PM
My thoughts today often went to you all and Bob's family all the way in Florida. I am glad to hear the tribute and service was beautiful. I cannot see a way that it could not have been, with the love the surrounds Bob and all his family.

Verandah Man
05-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Thank you for sharing, Bawb's family, and the podcast crew, have been on my mind, and in my prayers, all day...........:grouphug:

ghost1000
05-03-2008, 08:49 PM
It sounds like a lovely service. We have been praying daily for Bob's family and all of podcast team.

It still feels all feels like a bad dream and one morning a new show will show up and everything will be "normal."

tammydel
05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
While I've been reading every post and have shed many tears, I haven't found the right words of my own to share until now.
I feel such a profound sense of shock that this wonderful, funny and sincere voice I've enjoyed is no longer with us. But, I know my feelings must pale in comparison to those who knew and truely cared for this man.
My heart and my prayers go out to his family and each member of his Podcast family. I hope you all find some comfort in each other and in your memories while you come to terms with this your own shock and sorrow.
With lots of love and prayers,
Tammy

BeamsofLight
05-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Thank you for sharing. It sounds like a wonderful service for a wonderful man. :grouphug:

DisDarling
05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I am so glad to hear it went well, and I think that everyone who makes it to tomorrow's meet -n- greet will definitely help in healing the hearts of the podcast team.

Thanks for checking in Will and Kevin, it is much appreciated. :thumbsup2

Amy

klam_chowder
05-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Kevin & Alex, thx a mint for sharing with us again, at a very tough time. It is heartening to know that "outsiders" can immediately recognize the depth of love that Dis'ers have for Bawb - he was a wonderful man.

I just saw this site's slideshow tribute to Bawb - it had me in tears again, and my thoughts were with Bob's family & the Dis team earlier today.

:grouphug:

kimbac3
05-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Thank you for sharing with us. It sounds like it was a beautiful service. :grouphug:

Kim

cslittle999
05-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Thank you for sharing Kevin.

alaskanmommy
05-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks so much for sharing Kevin and Alex. You have all been in my thoughts today as you memorialized a great man. Your update really means a lot to me and I'm sure to other Dis'ers as well, while it has been great to be able to mourn here on the boards it's so lovely to hear about his service. Again, thanks so much, I'm really blown away by how much Bob meant to me and others here on the boards, what a testament to him as a wonderful human being! :grouphug:

Jennygt
05-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Kevin thanks for letting us know you are ok. I know that today must have been exhausting for you. Wish that we could be with you all tomorrow.:grouphug:

peacelovemickey
05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for posting this Kevin and Alex. I was hoping someone would come on and tell us how it went and how you all were doing. I bet Pete's eulogy was truly amazing!

Cruz Family
05-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I spent much of today thinking about you guys. It sounds like it was a beautiful memorial to a wonderful man. I am sure Bawb was looking down with a great big smile. :hug:
I wonder if we could get an angel smilie?:confused3

TSWJan78
05-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Kevin and Alex -

Personally, thanks to both of you for taking the podcast crew lead and coming here this week to talk to us and inform us. I know how hard it has been for you to do this and I really appreciate it

I want to second that sentiment... We know that you all have had alot to deal with this past week and the fact that you have continued to be here to answer questions and provide information and support to a bunch of strangers (I know we are more than that but in reality that is how you could look at us). It really means alot to me and to all of us so Thank you!!

IHeartTink04
05-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for sharing. It sounds beautiful.

Can I ask what songs were played? I would just like to hear some of them.

TinkRocks
05-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for posting. Like many others I spent the day thinking about you all and the Varley family. :grouphug:

DisneyKevin
05-03-2008, 10:05 PM
A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Best of Friends
Circle of Life
You'll Be In My Heart
We Go On (from Illuminations)

There was another one and try as I might, I can not think of it.

It will come to me...propbably at 3:00am. If I think of it, I will let you know.

I'm not sure who picked the music, but they did an awesome job.

Kevin

Madi100
05-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Thank you for sharing. Pete has always been very well spoken, and I'm sure that he did a beautiful job talking about Bob.

TSWJan78
05-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Those are all great songs... I will think of Bawb when ever I hear them

Madi100
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Best of Friends
Circle of Life
You'll Be In My Heart

It will come to me...propbably at 3:00am. If I think of it, I will let you know.

Kevin

Kevin, those are great songs. Who picked the song to go with the memorial on the website? It's beautiful.

IHeartTink04
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Best of Friends
Circle of Life
You'll Be In My Heart

Kevin

Thank you for answering Kevin.

It sounds awesome.

Hugs to you:hug: My thoughts have been with you guys all day.

DisneyKevin
05-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Kevin, those are great songs. Who picked the song to go with the memorial on the website? It's beautiful.

I believe that was Corey and Will.

We had all just seen Wicked Sunday night and while I had no part in picking the music, I think it was an inspired and awesome choice.

I just saw this after getting home this evening and I will tell them tomorrow how great I think it is.

The name of the song is "For Good"

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But because I knew you:

I cant think of a song that states it better.

elemusing
05-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Thank you so much for sharing with us Kevin. I will also be with you all in spirit tomorrow. I have been praying for all of you and Bob's family. Hugs to you all. :hug:

Angie

cruisinpenguin
05-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Kevin, that is the most beautiful and fitting song for Bob's memorial. Thanks so much for sharing. My best to you and your family.

Madi100
05-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I believe that was Corey and Will.

We had all just seen Wicked Sunday night and while I had no part in picking the music, I think it was an inspired and awesome choice.

I just saw this after getting home this evening and I will tell them tomorrow how great I think it is.

The name of the song is "For Good"

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
But because I knew you

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But because I knew you:

I cant think of a song that states it better.

Thanks for the words . After I found out what song it was, I downloaded it on itunes. I've probably listened to it 20 times since.

happy2go2wdwmom
05-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I first went to the dis main page today and saw the photo tribute and heard this song there-----it's breathtaking.

daneenm
05-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Thank you Kevin! I have been hoping we would hear a few details when any of you felt up to it. For me, it helps give a sense of closure.

Pete, if it is something you are willing to share with us, I would love to see your eulogy. I'm sure it was heartfelt and a great source of comfort to everyone.

--Daneen

calypso*a*go-go
05-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I've been thinking about Bob and the DIS Unplugged family all day today. I had already committed to going with my husband and kids to his employers open house...once we were there, I noticed these really large helium filled balloons. Anyway, they kept escaping the hands of all the little kids that were there and I just had such a sense of peace watching them float up, up, and away as far as the eye could see. In my mind they made it all the way to Heaven and were sent to tell Bob how much we miss him.

DisNutSam
05-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Kevin

Thank you so much for sharing with us today. The song selection was beautiful as well as pictures for the memorial tribute. I hope all goes well tomorrow. Many of us will be there in spirit, and please give our love and support to Diana.

Much love,

Sammie

bettyann29
05-03-2008, 11:47 PM
What wonderful songs for Bawb.. very fitting for him ..

You guys are all in my thoughts today and thru the days to come.. :hug:

WebmasterCorey
05-03-2008, 11:48 PM
You can read the eulogy Pete wrote on the most recent blog post. http://www.disunplugged.com/2008/05/03/goodbye-friend/

checkwriter
05-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks, guys, for taking the time to post. I hope today's meeting is full of love and laughter, just as Bob was -- and, I'm sure, still is. I wish I could be there, and will be thinking about all of you.

2wins
05-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I believe that we have become a closer community. My eyes instantly welled up with tears when I saw the memorial to Bob. I posted earlier that the song "For Good" reminded me of Bob, and how much of an impact he has made on his DIS friends. To hear the song together with thepictures of Bob,was so beautiful!

Thank you.

DisDarling
05-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Best of Friends
Circle of Life
You'll Be In My Heart

Kevin

Awww what nice songs.. "You'll Be In My Heart" is what I sang to my tummy through my entire pregnancy. It has now become that much sweeter to me.
Thanks for sharing that information, I was curious too.

Amy

WebmasterAlex
05-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I believe that we have become a closer community. My eyes instantly welled up with tears when I saw the memorial to Bob. I posted earlier that the song "For Good" reminded me of Bob, and how much of an impact he has made on his DIS friends. To hear the song together with thepictures of Bob,was so beautiful!

Thank you.

I saw your post and thought of it when they mentioned Bob had just been to see wicked on Sunday

ladyjane63
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm a relative 'newbie' here (still earning my ears), but this board is truly a wonderful place. I have been moved to tears by the loving tributes to this sweet man, who loved Disney so much. My prayers are with the DIS team, as well as Bob's family and friends.

Like many here, I didn't know him, and only knew 'of' him over a short period of time. But I appreciate everything he had to say, and have enjoyed his many tips. I have loved watching the Kaht Kam, over and over again in anticipation of our family's 1st trip to the World in just a few weeks. It makes me feel like I'm already there.

The other thing is, Bob was only 2 years older than my own husband, and it is hard to imagine what Bob's wife must be feeling right now. Thank you for providing this forum and for all the information it shares. Thank you for opening your hearts to us and letting us be a part of something as magical as the kingdom itself. :flower3:

farmergirl
05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
You can read the eulogy Pete wrote on the most recent blog post. http://www.disunplugged.com/2008/05/03/goodbye-friend/
Thank You Corey....Pete that was so beautiful. Bawb was listening to every word I am sure. I am sure he was very touched by your kind heart felt words. Thank you so much for sharing that with those of us that were unable to attend Bawbs Service today. Very beautiful.

disneymom8589
05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Thank you, Kevin, for sharing about the memorial service. It was also very special reading Pete's touching tribute to his special friend.

checkwriter
05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
What a touching, funny, and thoughtful memorial! Thank you for that, Pete (and Corey).

I only knew Bob through the podcast, and the more I learn about how special he was, the more I realize how much his life needs to be celebrated. If we can all take a little time out of our day to honor him by trying to be more like him, the world will be a much better place.

"Be a Little Like Bawb Today"

I'll try if you all will.

~Fisharefriends~
05-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Pete eulogy was beautiful and such a fitting tribute to a well loved man.

Thanks you Kevin and Corey for keeping us in the picture and lettting us feel a part of it. Our loss could never measure yours, but as Pete says you do not acknowledge the word stranger by coming here talking about you memories of Bob.

Thank you to all the Podcast crew and Bobs Family. You again will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Dizney_Fanatic
05-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Hello,
First, I just wanted to say that Pete's Euology was so moving and beautiful. When I first heard about Bob's passing, I wanted to cry. No, I never knew him but he was he funniest man I have ever heard.

Secondly, after reading Pete's Euology I began crying because I thought about how you all, Bob's family & the Disboards comunity must be feeling. It hurts me to know that you are all hurt, and theres nothing I can do to make it all better. It is times like these where I wish I could reverse time. As a 16 year old, I hate to see people in pain and sorrow.

I know many people have said this but I truly mean it: If any of you EVER need ANYTHING, I am here.

Pinky166
05-04-2008, 03:56 AM
What a beautifully worded eulogy Pete, Bob would be so proud. Thank you so much for sharing it with us, it really helps those of us who could not be there today.

Thank you Kevin, Alex & Corey for keeping us updated it is really appreciated as we all know what an emotional day you must have had. :grouphug:

BRobson
05-04-2008, 05:17 AM
What a wonderful eulogy Pete - beautiful :hug:

You guys have never been far from my thought this week and want to thankyou again for including us this week.

Hope today goes well and I will be with you all in spirit :hug:

Annette_VA
05-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey, Kevin and the gang. Thank you so much for posting about the service to give those of us who were only able to be there in spirit a sense of what it was like to be there. It sounds as if it was a beautiful service with just enough humor in it to reflect the essence of Bawb.

I have many of those songs on my iPod. You'll Be In My Heart and We Go On pretty much always bring me to tears when I hear them, but now those tears will be for Bob.

mommyceratops
05-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks for letting us know. you know you were in our thoughts all day.

I know Bob is up there loving being called a world wide phenomeon...he is thinking "see I told them I was big!"

Thank you for sharing.

NWOhioAngela
05-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I know Bob is up there loving being called a world wide phenomeon...he is thinking "see I told them I was big!"

This made me laugh out loud. You are so right!

BeamsofLight
05-04-2008, 08:10 AM
I have many of those songs on my iPod. You'll Be In My Heart and We Go On pretty much always bring me to tears when I hear them, but now those tears will be for Bob.

We Go On gets me every time. I was doing pretty well not being upset at work this week 'til that came on my iPod. Next time I get to see Illuminations, I'll have to accompany it with a mo-gee-toe salute.

teacherbell
05-04-2008, 06:27 PM
We thought about you all and wished we could be there. We drank our Dole Whips and laughed at the memory of when Bob drank the ones he bought for you. You're in our hearts and minds. Best wishes.

okaybye
05-06-2008, 12:44 AM
How strange... I hadn't read this string yet a couple of nights ago and was listening to music at work on the iPod... "We Go On" came on and all I could think of was Bawb... I teared up...
So happy to hear that it was included... so strange to find comfort in that... but I suppose it's that proof of some strange "kindred-thru-quasi-technological-bonds-nonsense" that we have in this world. Who knows?

H

Cyrano
05-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Thank you for sharing. I'm sure Bob would be tickled with how this has brought everyone together :)