PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions!

Lori77
05-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I have two trips booked, please let me know which one you think we should do and why:

1) Free dining- Sept 5-11 at POP. We have been the last two years during this time. All I know is it is HOT, HOT, and HOT. It was busy, but not unbearable. The heat was worse. Hard to get all of the ADR's we want.

2) 40% code- Oct 23-30 at CR. I have been in the past in Oct. (but not with my family) and it was nice, a little busier and a little cooler.

My DH is happy at POP and he is not really a frills person, but I know once he experiences being so close to MK, he will change his mind. My DS loves the monorail, but he loves POP as well.

Obviously the cost is a lot higher for the Oct. trip, but well worth it. Besides, who knows when I will get a code again!

Thanks for all of your input!popcorn::

lmillercrew
05-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Lori. I see that you are from Omaha. My parents live in Bellevue. Small world. Anyway, you have some tough choices to make. It makes more economic sense to go with your Sept plans, but 40% off CR sounds like a great deal. We went last Oct and the weather was perfect. It was still in the 80's, but a lot less humid. So, basically, I got nothin:confused3
If your husband is happy at POP, why change a good thing? On the other hand, it's always good to try new things...
Have you crunched the numbers?

EnnEss
05-02-2008, 03:25 AM
40 off at CR is great. I'd take that. Free dining isnt the same amount of savings in my book. You have to eat TS everyday to get its value, so if you weren't going to do that it doesn't save you much. We usually only do 1 or 2 TS to avoid being tied down on a trip, so free dining is no good for us. We tried it once, lots of added stress, for us.

Other big reason, other than CR (those new rooms are so nice!!!!) is the temperature. I'd take Oct over for september for sure. I think your DS will simply adore the CR and the huge concourse and the monorail and your DH will like the rooms, who wouldnt!!

I guess third thing is your budget, since CR is still more money, can you afford it? It seems you can, I'd take it, and ya that 40 percent off for CR is wow!

Alicnwondrln
05-02-2008, 07:22 AM
I would OCT and the CR.

Lori77
05-02-2008, 09:57 AM
I appreciate your responses! I agree that OCT. does seem to be a better deal. I also agree that Free Dining adds some stress, we do like table service, but it seems as though you are always rushing to get to the next meal!

Thanks again!
:goodvibes

Crisgw
05-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I'd do the 40% off at CR! :cool1:

frdeb1999
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
I'd do Oct and CRT. The monorail resorts are absolutely wonderful and he'll be hooked! :)

1DISNEYLVR
05-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Wow, I had the same dilemma! I was booked Nov 9-15 at CR with a 40% off code. When free dining came along, I changed it to POP Sept. 20-26.

It works out to about half the price I would have paid for the Nov. trip even with the 40 % off. For me it was no brainer. I really could not afford the Nov. trip. I got caught up in the 40% off hoopla.

I'm very happy with my decision. We LOVE POP! I was a little worried about how DD12 would react when I told her we weren't going to CR, but she was not upset about it at all. She said Pop is her favorite resort! :)

Lori77
05-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Well as far as costs go, I will compare them side by side tonight. Again. POP is a great value, I am just not sure that the time frame we booked is the best, and unfortunately there are no other dates that month we can go.

I am also caught up in the 40% code. The Oct. time frame is new and maybe if we cannot swing the CR, they will let me change to a moderate or AKL. I love them all and I just cannot wait to go! I also want to book my MNSSHP tickets as soon as possible! I have never been so I do not know how soon they sell out.

Thanks again for all of your input!

MAGICinMYHEART
05-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Lori77

The best time to visit here in Florida is either May or October beautiful weather. In October you don't need free dining because you will have The Food and Wine Festival plus MNSSHP .

Remember Aug/Sept are during our our prime time tropical storms season, this is why Disney offers the Free Dining during this time. :upsidedow

RFrank9504
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Florida resident here: trust me-go in October, I would rather go then, but unfortunatley-we are having a family reunion and we didint get a say in the dates! Either way its Disney-we'll have a great time-sweating & hot, but happy!

thesupersmartguy
05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
2) 40% code- Oct 23-30 at CR. 40% off is a super deal and being close to MK is a big plus, besides you can just ride the monorail and not have to deal with the buses.

Hope this helps.

kaysmommie
05-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I would choose CR in October.