PDA

View Full Version : Official~ Having a Dole Whip in honor of Bob "Bawb" Varley

Pages : [1] 2

miss missy
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
In memory of our Beloved Bob "Bawb" Varley

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/805137851dolewhip.jpg

If you would like to honor Bob's memory how about having a Dole Whip anywhere in WDW and post a picture of you with it here. :goodvibes **special thanks to sconnell and WebmasterJohn for coming up with this wonderful idea**

Bob loved everything about WDW. There was not one inch he didn't find magical.

How about just a picture anywhere holding a Dole Whip? It doesn't have to be a specific spot that embodies Bob's love of Disney - more the whimsy and magic of it all.
A Dole Whip can represent your spending time with Bob around the park.

He would love knowing he was able to spend time with you enjoying a Dole Whip anywhere.

John

Bob having a Dole Whip
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/80513dole-whip-01.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/80513dole-whip-02.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/80513dole-whip-03.jpg

Dole Whip show: go to the date of MAY 1st 2007 -----> http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/downloads.htm

WayfastWill
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh141/klassic82/BobsWhip.jpg

Bawb sure loved them Dole Whips. This ones for YOU BAWB!!!!!

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed doing this. It just felt right and I can't say this will be the last time I do this. Like I said before, I 've never had me a Dole Whip so yet again Bawb has introduced me to something else I will enjoy for years to come.

So me and Brian are sitting there enjoying our drinks talking stories about Bawb when I look over and see a small souviner booth right next to us, not even 30ft away. It took me a second to realize it said "Bwana Bob's". I knew just then that Bawb was looking over us and was happy for that moment. I nudged Brian and did a head nod, he looked over and back and you could tell he felt the same. I think this is definately something that Bawb would love, so please continue this if you think it would help you to connect with our friend.

firemanx
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
next time I am in WDW i will be sure to leave a Dole Whip for Bawb

tinkbutt
05-01-2008, 09:59 PM
great post will!

brookelizabeth
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Note taken for my November trip. It will be my first Dole Whip, and I'll have it with Bawb in mind! :goodvibes

lttlmc3
05-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I love that Will. He will always be there, you know?

DebšošS
05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh141/klassic82/BobsWhip.jpg

Bawb sure loved them Dole Whips. This ones for YOU BAWB!!!!!

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed doing this. It just felt right and I can't say this will be the last time I do this. Like I said before, I 've never had me a Dole Whip so yet again Bawb has introduced me to something else I will enjoy for years to come.

So me and Brian are sitting there enjoying our drinks talking stories about Bawb when I look over and see a small souviner booth right next to us, not even 30ft away. It took me a second to realize it said "Bwana Bob's". I knew just then that Bawb was looking over us and was happy for that moment. I nudged Brian and did a head nod, he looked over and back and you could tell he felt the same. I think this is definately something that Bawb would love, so please continue this if you think it would help you to connect with our friend.

very nice Will:thumbsup2You're a good friend and Brian needs that now more than ever. Bawb is smiling down on you.:hug:

I'm having my first Dole Whip too(18yrs of park visits!) Sunday, for Bawb:angel:

rebecca06261
05-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Even though I don't like Dole-whips, I will have one in September and toast the master.:sad1:

*Robin*
05-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm in, I'm subbed (to the thread!) and I can't wait for October.

(unless we move to Orlando, which seems to be becoming a distinct possibility! -tiny cheer-)

Thank you for starting this, maybe it will become a sticky, and we'll have a small permanent memorial for "Bob, that funny, quirky guy with the Jersey accent that used to be on the podcast". (because there will be new generations of podcast listeners who may never venture to hear the goofy wonderfulness of it all, unless we nudge them along...)

:flower3: :hug:

disneydance
05-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I'll be sure to have one on our next trip for Bawb now subbing to the thread

astrodrummergirl
05-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Hmmm.... I just ate some homemade Dole Whip which I made in honour of Bawb. I will be sure to get one in september. It's such a shame that you can only get them 3 different locations in the world. I wonder if Bawb's come up with a hevenly dole whip yet?

disneymom8589
05-03-2008, 03:44 PM
DH (ScubaD) and I will have a Dole Whip in Bob's honor when we're at WDW in July. :)

Mike2023
05-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I just wanted to say a few things quick.

I just got back from florda not 2 days ago. Was there 20th, to 29th. Spent alot of time around the parks looking for bob and his cart cam with no luck. I knew I most likely would not find him, but was on the lookout no less.

I had my first dole whip because only because of how much bob liked them and what do you know I love them to.

I must say even though I have only been on dis for a few months, it really upset me to learn the bad news when I got home. knowing I was in florda when it happen just got to me.

just wanted to say I wish everyone well. I hope time will heal all.

Mike Fair

UrsulasShadow
05-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I just wanted to say a few things quick.

I just got back from florda not 2 days ago. Was there 20th, to 29th. Spent alot of time around the parks looking for bob and his cart cam with no luck. I knew I most likely would not find him, but was on the lookout no less.

I had my first dole whip because only because of how much bob liked them and what do you know I love them to.

I must say even though I have only been on dis for a few months, it really upset me to learn the bad news when I got home. knowing I was in florda when it happen just got to me.

just wanted to say I wish everyone well. I hope time will heal all.

Mike Fair

Sorry you didn't get to meet him, Mike. He was a wonderful man. He would have welcomed you, as he did everyone, with his gentle good humor.

paperdoll1986
05-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I've decided when I am at Disneyland next week, I am going to have a Dole Whip for Bawb. I asked my mother and she said for sure, and I will tell her about our Bawb.

ilovepooh
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I've never had a DOle Whip, but I will do so this on our next trip in memory of Bawb. My sincere sympathy to the Podcast crew for their loss, as well as Bawb's family and friends. He will be missed.

bettyann29
05-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Me and DH will be at MK later this month and we will definitely have one for Bawb.. will post picture when we come back..

connorsmom911
05-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I've added it to the list for my upcoming trip. Will have my first dole whip and remember Bob.

kittychatalot
05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I will be having a Dole Whip, in Bawb's honor in November! Even if I have to pay for it myself, if my snack credit won't cover it!

tiberius
05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
It will be awhile before I get back to WDW, so today I went out and had a vanilla shake with a double order of pineapple swirled in--not exactly a Dole Whip, but the best I could do on short notice!

tristessaFL
05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/ruledbymercury/P5040066.jpg

Launchpad11B
05-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Nice one Heather.:thumbsup2

hayanyujah847
05-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Nice, Heather! With the sign perfectly lined up in the background. :)

BeamsofLight
05-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Great pic, Heather. I love how you lined up the sign in the back. :goodvibes

georgemoe
05-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Very cool Heather.

calypso*a*go-go
05-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Excellent photo Heather! :thumbsup2

WaltD4Me
05-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Great pic Heather! Is this the 1st official Dole Whip in honor of Bawb picture? (after Will's that is) I think it's such a cool idea and I really hope it gets a sticky up top for everyone to put their pictures on.

tristessaFL
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys! It felt good to take this pic and I thought about Bawb the entire time I enjoyed my Dole Whip.

While I was at MK, I also bought a pin of the Partners Statue to add to my small pin collection in honor of Bawb. It isn't a pin I would have normally purchased for myself, but I know how much Bawb loved Walt and thought it was a nice way to commemorate the day, since we all know from Bawb's very own experience that dole whips don't make very good keepsakes!

WaltD4Me
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Funny you should mention the pin. I just happened to find this one yesterday on ebay and I had to get it.
It's going to be my Bawb pin.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/d2/b9/e4ae_2.JPG

amyhughes
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Heather, loving the pic and the Bwana Bob shop over the shoulder is a nice touch!:thumbsup2

Chrissie-riel
05-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Oohh - yay!! Perfect!! I am going to the world tomorrow & hitting MK on Wednesday morning - sans kiddos - and planned on walking around happily by myself eating a dole whip and a Mickey bar. I just loved listening to Bawb and the rest of the crew talk about exploring the world "quietly" as an adult; I was so saddened, like everyone, to hear that I had missed seeing the Kaht Kahm in person. Now I'll just have to find a cute cast member to take my picture; it'll be posted by next week.

astrodrummergirl
05-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Funny you should mention the pin. I just happened to find this one yesterday on ebay and I had to get it.
It's going to be my Bawb pin.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/d2/b9/e4ae_2.JPG

I have this pin too, I completely forgot about it along with my Chip and Dale dole whip pin!

DisDarling
05-05-2008, 02:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/ruledbymercury/P5040066.jpg

GREAT pic Heather!! We will be doing the same thing this September in honor of such an awesome man!

Amy

WayfastWill
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Thats the spot! Love it, great pic!

Me and Brian were trying to think of what we could do the next time we buy our Dole whips. I'm not sure if he heard this from the boards or if its already been mentioned but. The next time I buy a Dole Whip, I will also buy one for the person behind me. Just a nice thing to do and another way to pass on a little happiness inspired by our dear friend. Just a thought

mommyceratops
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Me and Brian were trying to think of what we could do the next time we buy our Dole whips. I'm not sure if he heard this from the boards or if its already been mentioned but. The next time I buy a Dole Whip, I will also buy one for the person behind me. Just a nice thing to do and another way to pass on a little happiness inspired by our dear friend. Just a thought

Yup! Buy one for Bob - Pass it on -

Alice2020
05-05-2008, 07:47 PM
It has been almost 20 years since I last had a Dole Whip- listening to the podcasts reminded me of how wonderful they are! I am taking my family to WDW in October. In the spirit of his eulogy, I will buy a round of Dole Whips in Bob's honor for the person behind me in line. I encourage other Dis unplugged listeners to do the same.

-Kelly

disneygirlinnj
05-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Great pic Heather! I'll be at the MK on Friday so I'll be sure to have a Dole Whip or two in honor of Bawb and hopefully get a pic of it!

miss missy
05-06-2008, 01:37 AM

That buying one for the person behind you- was an idea from our boards yes, not sure who suggested it...

ETA:

Found it: I think this was the first it was suggested by finallydvc08 ... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24861451&postcount=72

I will be having my first on May 17th

Mouse Skywalker
05-06-2008, 05:18 AM
Hey Everyone: I just was asked by my work to go to a conference at the Gaylord Palms May 15 through May 19. I am definitely going to be having a Dole Whip for Bawb, and I will buy one for the person behind me as well.

DisDarling
05-06-2008, 07:28 AM

Great idea Will!! We will do this too!!

Amy

djlexus
05-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Heres my pic sry for the bad lighting all we had was my camera phone and it doesn't do good at night.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2468656429_e659f03eb4.jpg

*Robin*
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
:yay: Yay DJ...Great!

..........I'm so jealous.....can't wait to get there!!!

:flower3:

DVCsince02
05-06-2008, 12:30 PM
It's the thought that counts... :)

disneymom145
05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I will definately be dedicating my Dole Whip to "Bawb" in August. We will have a group "cheers" for Bawb! I will always think of him from now on anytime I see, eat or hear the words "Dole Whip".

kat777
05-06-2008, 06:15 PM
I won't be able to manage a Dole Whip until October but, in the mean time, I saw a stand that sold pineapple ice cream on Saturday (never seen that here before) so I got one and took a quiet moment sitting on a bench by the river to eat it.

I thought about what really makes a "great" person and realised it's a lot more about carrying two umbrellas just in case and a lot less about any of the other complicated things so many of us drive ourselves half crazy striving for.

I hope to toast Bawb and that important lesson in 148 days time with my first Dole Whip. :goodvibes

Mr. Plutes
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I'll be there in Oct. Maybe i"ll be behind kat777. She can buy my first dole whip lol

(then i'll buy for the person behind me)

kat777
05-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Maybe i"ll be behind kat777. She can buy my first dole whip lol

It'd be my pleasure...if my experience with the pineapple ice cream is anything to go by, I'm destined to become quite the Dole Whip pusher. Sooo yummy. :cloud9:

Mr. Plutes
05-06-2008, 07:50 PM
It'd be my pleasure...if my experience with the pineapple ice cream is anything to go by, I'm destined to become quite the Dole Whip pusher. Sooo yummy. :cloud9:

We'll be dole whip dealers.

Miss Stitch
05-07-2008, 03:16 AM
I don't like Dole Whips:sad2: I will have to substitute with a Mickey Bar or Ice Cream on our next visit.

I am looking forward to seeing all your photos.

DVCsince02
05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
I don't like Dole Whips:sad2: I will have to substitute with a Mickey Bar or Ice Cream on our next visit.

I am looking forward to seeing all your photos.

That's okay... you can still get your picture with someone's empty cup!:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Sir Ron
05-07-2008, 07:54 AM
I never listened to the DisUnplugged Podcast before last week and Bawb will be missed. I'm heading down to WDW for the weekend (AP Toy Story Mania Sneak Preview) but then I will head over to MK for a Dole Whip.

Miss Stitch
05-07-2008, 10:38 AM
That's okay... you can still get your picture with someone's empty cup!:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

That would be funny, it would be like when Bawb took the empty dole whip cups to the podcast:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

TXYankee
05-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll be there in Oct. Maybe i"ll be behind kat777. She can buy my first dole whip lol

(then i'll buy for the person behind me)

That is a GREAT idea. Next time I get a Dole Whip in Bob's memory, I will buy one for the person behind me and tell them that it is from "Bawb", a man who brought me Disney Magic every week. It will be more like "paying it back, as I pay it forward. Keep the spirt of Bob going.:hippie:

Sir Ron
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I hope that while I'm in line, I hear the person getting the Dole Whip say something like "For Bawb!" as they exit the line!

spaddy
05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I had my Dole Whip on Tuesday at Disneyland. I got the Dole Whip Float and walked down Main Street sharing with my mom and husband. One for me, One for you, One for you, One for me. I have to say I never likes Dole Whips when I tried them before, but this one seemed special. Now I will definitely get one every trip.

I have to say the line for Dole Whips on Saturday was so long. It was one of the longest lines in the park.

Mr. Plutes
05-07-2008, 03:23 PM
That is a GREAT idea. Next time I get a Dole Whip in Bob's memory, I will buy one for the person behind me and tell them that it is from "Bawb", a man who brought me Disney Magic every week. It will be more like "paying it back, as I pay it forward. Keep the spirt of Bob going.:hippie:

Maybe there add a fast pass to the dole whip line now :banana:

SamSam
05-08-2008, 04:20 PM
We were in Magic Kingdom today and stopped by to have one for Bawb.
Bawb-you are an inspiration......Life is good.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/samsam53/LifeisGoodBawbs.jpg

*Robin*
05-08-2008, 04:29 PM

hehehe love the photoshop work!!:upsidedow

SamSam
05-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks, DH worked his magic in honor of Bawb.

calypso*a*go-go
05-08-2008, 07:58 PM
A double-fisted Dole Whipper -- Bawb's gonna love that! :thumbsup2

Maggi May
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Great picture SamSam! :thumbsup2 I will be having one for Bawb over Labor Day weekend.

miss missy
05-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Love it :thumbsup2 Cant wait... 8 more days... :banana: :cheer2:

LilGMom
05-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Which is less likely to make your teeth hurt ? The Dole Whip or the Dole Whip float? I've never had one but will be having one within the week.

My2Cinderellas
05-09-2008, 12:35 PM
I just read the news about Bob, and wanted to say I will miss hearing him on the podcasts. My condolences go out to everyone who knew him.

I was in WDW last week, enjoying a late afternoon Dole Whip float on Tuesday 4/28. I laughed to myself remembering the podcast when Bob brought Dole Whips for the crew, but ended up eating them all before the show. I agree, they really are that good! How sad to come home and realize that was my "in honor of Bob" Dole Whip.

DisDarling
05-09-2008, 04:41 PM

Awesome!!

stitchlover
05-10-2008, 08:49 AM
I don't even like Dole Whips but we will make it a part of our next trip.

Maggi May
05-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Which is less likely to make your teeth hurt ? The Dole Whip or the Dole Whip float? I've never had one but will be having one within the week.

The Dole Whip is soft serve Pineapple ice cream in a cup, and the float adds pineapple juice to the ice cream. The float is sweet, sticky any messy (not necessarily a bad thing), so you might want to start off with the whip.

Have a Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float has part of my WDW tradition for years but neither my DH or my DS can stand them. :rotfl:

DebšošS
05-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Just got back and had to share my Dole Whip experience with you all. I went to the MK after the meet at the Gaylord Palms. I stopped to check in @ SS drop my bags and go. First order of business was a Dole Whip. Never had one before but was told that they are very sweet. I thought if I order one for myself and I can't eat it I'd feel bad throwing it away. My problem was solved when I heard a family in front of me ordering one. I stepped up and asked if I might pay for a Dole Whip. Explaining I was paying it forward for a friend who loved Dole Whips and spreading the magic. Couldn't take a pic but it felt good to spread the magic for Bob:goodvibes

zuzu
05-10-2008, 11:01 PM

:flower3: I think this is a great idea and I was thinking to do the same thing myself next time we're at the parks. What about maybe printing out a small card for the cast member to give the person getting the Dole Whip that says something like "Enjoy this Dole Whip in memory of our Disney friend, Bob Varley". I'm not that great with words but maybe someone on here could come up with something better.

WaltD4Me
05-10-2008, 11:16 PM
:flower3: I think this is a great idea and I was thinking to do the same thing myself next time we're at the parks. What about maybe printing out a small card for the cast member to give the person getting the Dole Whip that says something like "Enjoy this Dole Whip in memory of our Disney friend, Bob Varley". I'm not that great with words but maybe someone on here could come up with something better.

Love this idea. :goodvibes
(although my sister is really going to think I've totally lost my mind when I start paying for the Dole Whips of strangers :rotfl: )

And I really hope a Sticky thread is started for the pictures.

macheath
05-11-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm not really good with words,either. And I've been thinking about this as well. Maybe a LGMH with something about Bob on it? I don't know...been tossing it around in my head. My only thought, though, was....would a CM pass something like that on to the next person??:confused: Would love to hear if someone comes up with a good idea for this!
Can't wait to have a Dole Whip for Bob and pay it forward to the next person!

DebšošS
05-11-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm not really good with words,either. And I've been thinking about this as well. .

Me either and especially since I was alone this trip. No one to hide behind if I messed up:scared1:
That's why I "paid it forward" quite literally stepping in to offer to pay when they ordered. I got out of their way quickly feeling very good as I looked up to Bob.
Maybe as time goes on and more CM's are aware of what we're doing it may be easier to give them a gift card.

MomofKatie
05-12-2008, 12:44 PM
DD and I got a Dole Whip on 5/9- as soon as I upload my pics, I will attempt to post the one of DD in front of Bwana Bob's, holding up "Bawb's" Dole Whip. It made us feel like he was looking down at us, smiling over DD trying her first one and loving it! :goodvibes

Chrissie-riel
05-15-2008, 01:14 PM
......It's in honor of Bob! I was at the park by myself Wednesday 5/7 and had to have a cast member take the picture for me. I think I look kind of "goofy" in it, but oh well!

http://photos.imageevent.com/triedntrueamericanbulldogs/personalpictures/websize/2008-05-15%20045.JPG
[Yay - finally got the photo to work!]

I also had a great time ordering.....I asked for my one pineapple Dole Whip and paid with a $10 bill. Told the CM to keep the change and apply it to the next order of the daddy with his daughter in a stroller behind me. He was thrilled! It would have been nice to have a sticker/tag/card to give him that explained it because I was in a HUGE hurry right then to go meet my rental car pickup & didn't have time to tell him all about Bawb.

calypso*a*go-go
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
......It's in honor of Bob! I was at the park by myself Wednesday 5/7 and had to have a cast member take the picture for me. I think I look kind of "goofy" in it, but oh well!

http://photos.imageevent.com/triedntrueamericanbulldogs/personalpictures/websize/2008-05-15%20045.JPG
[I apologize now if you are seeing the big red X instead of a photo, my photo share site isn't very good! Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.]

I also had a great time ordering.....I asked for my one pineapple Dole Whip and paid with a $10 bill. Told the CM to keep the change and apply it to the next order of the daddy with his daughter in a stroller behind me. He was thrilled! It would have been nice to have a sticker/tag/card to give him that explained it because I was in a HUGE hurry right then to go meet my rental car pickup & didn't have time to tell him all about Bawb.

That's great Chrissie -- I hope we get to see the photo soon. :goodvibes

aGoofyMom
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z172/aGoofyMom/IMG_1633post.jpg

May 6

(finally got it down to an acceptable size...)

calypso*a*go-go
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Great shot (especially since you got the Dole Whip and the "Missing Bawb" logo!). And you got to sit by a princess too!!!

slapwhitey
05-20-2008, 07:52 PM
I want to start off by saying I hope that nobody takes this the wrong way or takes offence by it. It was only meant to be fun and a creative way for me to share some Disney moments with Bawb. Just thought I'd throw out that disclaimer before you folks think I'm certifiably insane.:rotfl:

I don't know how familiar you folks are with "flat Stanley". In short it's a project created by a teacher based on a book where kids would take flat Stanley with them on vacations and so forth and created projects based on those experiences. So in my infinite wisdom I figured why not a "flat Bawb". So here are a few photos of my new friend and I at Disney this past weekend. If it doesn't come off as stalkerish I may take him with us to Disneyland next month. I already have a few things planned for that one.

Here is a photo of myself enjoying a Dole Whip at MK.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/slapwhitey/Disney2008170.jpg

And if we learned anything from Bob it was that nothing is better than a well timed nap. And is there any better place for a nap than this.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/slapwhitey/Disney2008176.jpg

DVCsince02
05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
I had my pic taken with an empty cup (and yes, I ate the whole Dole Whip Float).

Here's to you Bawb!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj157/DVCsince02/100_2052.jpg

Jubilee
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I only started listening to the Dis Podcast just days before Bob's passing, but wanted to say his story has touched me so much! Prayers for his family and I will have a Dole Float in his honor in Sept :)

Chrissie-riel
05-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Slapwhitey - I kinda like your "Flat Bawb"! My DD is in 2nd grade and had a Flat Stanley project this year. She sent Stanley to her godmother in OH; he had lots of adventures in the optometrist's office and at a museum which were reported back to her teacher. But, then we got a seperate report sent to my hubby and I at home which outlined some of Flat Stanley's other nefarious :eek: activities. As long as you make sure that your Flat Bawb behaves, I can't imagine anyone having an issue with the way you have chosen to honor our friend.

tmli
05-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Slapwhitey -- those photos actually turned out really good!!!

We will have to see what trouble Flat Bawb can get into at Disneyland!

LilGMom
05-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Had my first Dole Whip on 5/15. Had to snap the picture quick since it was so hot and it was already starting to melt.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/LilGMom/100_0762.jpg

megveg
05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
im leaving saturday and will be sharing my dole whip picture when I get home. :)

alebisi
05-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I want to start off by saying I hope that nobody takes this the wrong way or takes offence by it. It was only meant to be fun and a creative way for me to share some Disney moments with Bawb. Just thought I'd throw out that disclaimer before you folks think I'm certifiably insane.:rotfl:

I don't know how familiar you folks are with "flat Stanley". In short it's a project created by a teacher based on a book where kids would take flat Stanley with them on vacations and so forth and created projects based on those experiences. So in my infinite wisdom I figured why not a "flat Bawb". So here are a few photos of my new friend and I at Disney this past weekend. If it doesn't come off as stalkerish I may take him with us to Disneyland next month. I already have a few things planned for that one.

And if we learned anything from Bob it was that nothing is better than a well timed nap. And is there any better place for a nap than this.

Awesome I really like it! nice job

DisneyDame27
05-21-2008, 02:37 PM
We won't be there for a while but I plan on sitting down and doing a Dole Whip for Bawb......it's one of my favorite things at WDW but will be more special next time around.

Jennygt
05-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I love all the photos, this is a great thred! I kinda like flat bob, I think that Bob would dig it! Keep all the photos comming, I won't have one to post for a long time!

Disney Khi
05-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Great photos! And I love Flat Bob. It is hilarious and touching at the same time. It seems to me like something that Bob himself would really get a kick out of.

georgemoe
05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
My first dole whip in 12 yrs. Heres to Bawb.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tqb3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bawb2.jpg

DisDarling
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
My first dole whip in 12 yrs. Heres to Bawb.http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tqb3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bawb2.jpgLOVE the pic!!

UrsulasShadow
05-23-2008, 10:58 AM

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 I think Bawb would be ROTFL about this! SOOOO proud!

jen3003
05-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I will be thinking of Bob in August when I have my first Dolewhip, and again when I have another in October.

calypso*a*go-go
05-24-2008, 02:31 PM
:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 I think Bawb would be ROTFL about this! SOOOO proud!

I was thinking the same thing! He's probably anticipating all the great places he'll get to go. :goodvibes

I also wanted to mention that I absolutely love the attention to detail as far as his clothes and the boot. :thumbsup2

slapwhitey
05-26-2008, 07:45 AM
I was thinking the same thing! He's probably anticipating all the great places he'll get to go. :goodvibes

I also wanted to mention that I absolutely love the attention to detail as far as his clothes and the boot. :thumbsup2

Thanks, it was quite fun actually. I too thought, if anyone, Bob would get a kick out of it. I think my wife may have thought I was a tad off my rocker but I think she was having fun with it as well.

I'm sure the many adventures of Flat Bawb will continue in Disneyland next month.

DVCsince02
05-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks, it was quite fun actually. I too thought, if anyone, Bob would get a kick out of it. I think my wife may have thought I was a tad off my rocker but I think she was having fun with it as well.

I'm sure the many adventures of Flat Bawb will continue in Disneyland next month.

I noticed your pin too, nice touch! We all have a way of paying tribute to Bawb. Pins, empty cups, first timers, and flat Bawb. What's next?

miss missy
05-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Nice pic slapwhitey! We just got back. We have a pic and a story about our adventure with the Dole Whips... just need a few days to get caught up and then I will post it here :)

bettyann29
05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Me and DH were at MK on Saturday.. We stopped early in the day to get our Dole Whip.. Of course my camera battery died right before we got to Aloha Isle.. We went ahead and had the DW anyways.. We took a mid day break and came back to the park later and walked by Aloha Isle again and guess what we got..

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/bettyann29/WDW2008/Disneyworld-May2008207.jpg

Heres to you Bawb!!! :goodvibes

TXYankee
05-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Me and DH were at MK on Saturday.. We stopped early in the day to get our Dole Whip.. Of course my camera battery died right before we got to Aloha Isle.. We went ahead and had the DW anyways.. We took a mid day break and came back to the park later and walked by Aloha Isle again and guess what we got..

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/bettyann29/WDW2008/Disneyworld-May2008207.jpg

Heres to you Bawb!!! :goodvibes

YEA!!! All the better that your battery died....you got 2 Dole Whips!

Thanks for posting the Pic!!!

bettyann29
05-27-2008, 09:43 PM
YEA!!! All the better that your battery died....you got 2 Dole Whips!

Thanks for posting the Pic!!!

At the time I was thinking Bawb was sending me a message to see how many I could eat.. :rotfl2: :lmao:

Stroller Boy
05-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Note taken for my November trip. It will be my first Dole Whip, and I'll have it with Bawb in mind! :goodvibes

November, me too! I'm hoping this string is still alive by then, will make sure I get a stroller shot in there too ;) Will feel a bit lonely I'm sure, I'm a sidekick without the Joker in the Boot....

miss missy
05-28-2008, 12:02 AM
November, me too! I'm hoping this string is still alive by then, will make sure I get a stroller shot in there too ;) Will feel a bit lonely I'm sure, I'm a sidekick without the Joker in the Boot....

Oh I am sute this thread will be alive, it will always be part of this board :goodvibes

dpuck1998
05-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Mods...Pete...Corey? Can we get this thread "sticky"

LilGMom
05-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Mods...Pete...Corey? Can we get this thread "sticky"

It should be sticky considering how sticky your fingers and face can get from eating a Dole Whip.
::yes::

brookelizabeth
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM

I hope it will be too! Chances are my picture will also include a stroller since DS will be with! :rotfl: Maybe I'll even allow him to have a bite or two in honor of Bawb...

disneycruise05
05-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Hi everyone!

I just got back from my epic 3-week Disney adventure (WDW, 15-night Disney Magic repo cruise, DLR), so it's my first time back here in a long, LONG time. I'll be posting a full trip report once it is finished, but wanted to post these pics from Aloha Isle:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l47/disneycruise07/100_4605.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l47/disneycruise07/100_4608.jpg

I had the chance to introduce my parents to the wonders of Dole Whip floats on this trip. It was their first time to the World in 17 years. So we toasted Bawb a few days after the memorial.

Thanks for all the memories, Bawb.

calypso*a*go-go
05-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Very nice Bettyann and William!

DisDarling
05-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Great pics, cant wait to do this in September:)

Amy

wishspirit
05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
It needs to be made a sticky! I cant get to the world till 2009, it will be buried in my subscribes threads by then!

tinkbutt
05-29-2008, 10:38 AM
here are my pics from may 23rd in the beautiful Magic Kingdom remembering MR. BAWB

it was melting too fast!!!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/KM97696/DSCN0468.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/KM97696/DSCN0469.jpg

wishspirit
05-29-2008, 10:39 AM
here are my pics from may 23rd in the beautiful Magic Kingdom remembering MR. BAWB

it was melting too fast!!!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/KM97696/DSCN0468.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/KM97696/DSCN0469.jpg

Nice pictures Katie! They came out great! :thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
05-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Great pic Katie...and you were wearing your shirt too!!!

DVCsince02
05-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Hey Katie! Welcome back! Nice Pic.

brookelizabeth
05-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Great pics everyone!

Hi everyone!

I just got back from my epic 3-week Disney adventure (WDW, 15-night Disney Magic repo cruise, DLR), so it's my first time back here in a long, LONG time. I'll be posting a full trip report once it is finished, but wanted to post these pics from Aloha Isle:

Holy cow! I wanna read your TR!!! :cool1:

SamIAm21
05-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I will be having my Dole Whip for Bob on Friday, June 13th. I usually do the float though as it is usually less messy! So, I really hope Bob liked Dole floats too!

I can't wait to get to WDW. It feels like forever since I've been home! :goodvibes

Regina
05-29-2008, 11:55 AM
FORGIVE ME. I HAD THE DOLE WHIP SANS PHOTO

I told DH I have to take a pic with a Dole Whip for Bawb. Well, first we went on Splash Mountain and got drenched. This in turn made my hair look like a cross between my Aunt Gertrude and Barbara Bush. In other words, if you were to wikipedia "bad hair day", I would be the feature example. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Dole Whip photo will have to be taken on a later visit when I have hairspray with me. In the meantime, I'm enjoying all of your pix. :goodvibes

SlapWhitey, that flat Bawb really cracked me up, especially the flowered shirt and boot. You are too funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

AuroraJae
05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Love, Love, Love the Flat Bawb!!!

A friend sent Flat Stanley to us and Corey and I took him to Epcot!

slapwhitey
05-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks, glad you guys are enjoying the Flat Bawb. I am definitely bringing him to Disneyland next month for some more fun. Hope the left coasters don't think I'm too crazy.

LilGMom
05-29-2008, 01:45 PM

You could have taken a picture of just the Dole whip like I did. I'm not a fan of being in front of the camera but I like to be behind it.

cocowum
05-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, great pics everyone! 86 more days until my first Dole Whip. :goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Alicia -- you and I should try to meet up one day at the Dole Whip stand. We'll do a double-take!

cocowum
05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Alicia -- you and I should try to meet up one day at the Dole Whip stand. We'll do a double-take!
You are just full of great ideas today! :thumbsup2 It's definitely a date!

dpuck1998
05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Anyone want to meet me at the dole whip stand on June 16th? I'll have on my DIS podcast shirt.

miss missy
05-30-2008, 02:17 AM

I told DH I have to take a pic with a Dole Whip for Bawb. Well, first we went on Splash Mountain and got drenched. This in turn made my hair look like a cross between my Aunt Gertrude and Barbara Bush. In other words, if you were to wikipedia "bad hair day", I would be the feature example. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Dole Whip photo will have to be taken on a later visit when I have hairspray with me. In the meantime, I'm enjoying all of your pix. :goodvibes

SlapWhitey, that flat Bawb really cracked me up, especially the flowered shirt and boot. You are too funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

When were you there? Are you there now? I am just back, wonder if we were there at the same time.

Ahh SPlash got you huh LOL, I love when that happens!

Regina
05-30-2008, 05:30 AM
We had so much fun on Splash. We were in front of a Mom and her DD who never rode it before. We kept pretending that the big plunge was coming and they'd keep saying "ohh, they faked us out!!" :lmao:

I think we were there at the same time. I was in the parks complaining about the heat and my hair from the 18th - 21st. :scared:

As far as taking a pix of just the Dole Whip without moi, I didn't think of it. I'll have another chance in August. :thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
05-30-2008, 08:34 AM
As far as taking a pix of just the Dole Whip without moi, I didn't think of it. I'll have another chance in August. :thumbsup2

If you'll be there during the last week of August...you can meet cocowum and me for a Dole Whip. And you won't have to worry about your hair as everyone will be too busy staring at mine -- humidity is not my friend!

WayfastWill
05-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Flat Bawb is just awesome! Nice photos guys, keep it up!

miss missy
06-02-2008, 01:23 AM
We had so much fun on Splash. We were in front of a Mom and her DD who never rode it before. We kept pretending that the big plunge was coming and they'd keep saying "ohh, they faked us out!!" :lmao:

I think we were there at the same time. I was in the parks complaining about the heat and my hair from the 18th - 21st. :scared:

Darn it, we were there 16-25 so DD and I were there the whole time you were :( we didn't know that :(

It was great weather LOL 2 days where "HOT as Africa" and of course one was our Dole Whip day LOL I am still working on getting the pics posted. Just no time on my laptop these days.

Hey August is gonna brutal for heat "Don't ya know nothing?" LOL you ready for that??

I

Mouse Skywalker
06-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Greetings Everyone: I had a Dole Whip for Bawb on Friday, May 16th.

I was in Orlando all by myself for a conference. Corey and Julie helped me get tickets to the PPP on Friday, May 16th (after my meeting was over). I had to get a Dole Whip in honor of Bawb. It was actually my first Dole Whip, but won't be my last.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/dparfitt1/Disney%20May%2008/094DisneyMay08.jpg

In addition, I wanted to share a Dole Whip and buy one unexpectedly for the person behind me. So a lone older woman drives up in an ECV. I thought this was perfect. I told her I wanted to buy her a Dole Whip Float, she said she didn't know what that was. I was just handed mine, I said this is what it was. She said "OK", and I just handed the one I just got. I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

The experience made my day. Thanks Bawb!

calypso*a*go-go
06-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

That's a great story Dave -- thanks for sharing!

DisDarling
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Great story Dave- touched me alot!

Greetings Everyone: I had a Dole Whip for Bawb on Friday, May 16th.

I was in Orlando all by myself for a conference. Corey and Julie helped me get tickets to the PPP on Friday, May 16th (after my meeting was over). I had to get a Dole Whip in honor of Bawb. It was actually my first Dole Whip, but won't be my last.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/dparfitt1/Disney%20May%2008/094DisneyMay08.jpg

In addition, I wanted to share a Dole Whip and buy one unexpectedly for the person behind me. So a lone older woman drives up in an ECV. I thought this was perfect. I told her I wanted to buy her a Dole Whip Float, she said she didn't know what that was. I was just handed mine, I said this is what it was. She said "OK", and I just handed the one I just got. I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

crazydisneyman
06-03-2008, 08:21 AM
What an awesome way to pay to forward!

Hey, why don't we start doing this as a podcast group. When we go and get that Dole Whip in Adventureland, buy an extra Dole Whip for someone else.

What a great idea! :thumbsup2

tomu570
06-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I thought this thread was for posting "tribute to Bawb" dole whip pics. It would be nice not have to scroll through all the chit-chat to get to the photos. Posting your intentions to pay tribute means little and causes everyone endless scrolling just to get to the "Real Tribute".

thefatmanrocks
06-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Tomu, that seems rough. I like reading everyones thoughts on having a Dole whip for "Bawb". I dont think posting you intentions means little. I think its nice to hear others plans.:confused:

calypso*a*go-go
06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I thought this thread was for posting "tribute to Bawb" dole whip pics. It would be nice not have to scroll through all the chit-chat to get to the photos. Posting your intentions to pay tribute means little and causes everyone endless scrolling just to get to the "Real Tribute".

Sorry I can't resist -- Why doesn't your post include a photo of yourself having a Dole Whip for Bawb? :teeth:

wishspirit
06-03-2008, 09:05 PM

Hey we are all here to share our love of Bawb. Please don't ruin it by making comments like that. We are a close knit group who love to 'chit chat'. I think that in Bawbs eyes, everyone talking about Dole whips and giving them to others is something he would really love.

If you don't like it, stop reading.

tomu570
06-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry I can't resist -- Why doesn't your post include a photo of yourself having a Dole Whip for Bawb? :teeth:

I haven't been since last June. I plan to post one when I go in August. I too was effected by Bob's passing and I apologize to anyone that may have been offended. This this not a thread for negativity. Please understand though, that not all of us like to have to scroll through mounds of posts trying to find the posts that truly reflect the thread subject. As a courtesy to others please stay true to the thread.

bettyann29
06-05-2008, 04:11 PM
wrong info.. sorry

UrsulasShadow
06-05-2008, 05:20 PM

I'm sorry, tomu, is your scrolling finger injured? Hate to cause another Bawb fan pain...I'll resist posting here without pics.

Darn....resistance is futile....posting anyway.....thinking about Bawb and dolewhips, but no pic forthcoming. Sorry.

lntsmom
06-06-2008, 05:46 PM
but sadly, I have no photos! It was 99 that afternoon and by the time the CM set the first one on the counter it was going south. They had to put them in drink cups so they wouldn't slide right out of the bowls!

But, we did celebrate Bawb's memory with our first Dole Whips...and I have to say, when the guy was right, he was right!!! On a day when it was 99 with nearly 100% humidity, they were a little bowl of heaven!

IHeartTink04
06-07-2008, 01:00 PM

OMG! LOVE IT!!!!

tinkbutt
06-07-2008, 01:03 PM
flat BAWB is too cool!!! I :lovestruc it!!

Alztybrn
06-22-2008, 07:50 PM
From my trip this past week...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/b4sennett/IMG_4808.jpg

WaltD4Me
06-22-2008, 08:06 PM
This thread REALLY needs to be a sticky!!!!

Hellllllllllllllloooo.....Corey, anyone?

SamSam
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I LOVE this thread. It is just so Bawb, and I always smile as I look at the pictures and imagine how much Bawb would have enjoyed this. I've already posted one pic, but plan to try and 'have one' for Bawb on each of our trips.

miss missy
06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
OK I just had to get this up now before it gets too old.

We have a story or course...

We kept wearing shirts other than the Dis Podcast ones because it was hot, and I only got DD the tee not the tank. So when it came to the last day- we were like :worried: we got to do it today. We never had a Dole before either. We packed the tees in a bag since it was of course the HOTTEST day of our trip and there were too hot to wear all day in the park. It was also the busiest day I have ever seen on any of my trips. It was the Sunday before Memorial Day. When we got in line, we planned on buying for the people behind us. Well the first thing that happened was of course they SOLD OUT of the juice to make the Dole Whip drink and we could only get the ice cream- did I mention it was 1000 degrees out! the stuff was melting everywhere. I mention to the people behind me that they are out of the jiuce so the only had the ice cream, they said they would just be getting water then :worried: The guy takes our order and then makes the ice cream, so by the time he hands them to me and rings me up--- **hint to CM's** when serving ice cream on a 1000 degree day, take the money first and then make the ice cream :) Ok so he rings me up and I now have a melting mess in front of me. I then ask him to ring up two more, but do not make them, he is totally confused LOL :bitelip: I just said, please tell the next 2 people that order them that they are paid for and to please enjoy. He rings it up and is still confused.

So now the cups of Dole are melting all over our hands, we are sweating our butts off in these tees and we need to pose for a pic for the Bawb thread on the DIS :laughing:

I am cheering Bawb:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/MissMissy-555/Design/dole-for-Bawb-o.jpg

DD:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/MissMissy-555/Design/dole-for-Bawb1-o.jpg

its soo melting it became a drink after all ;)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/MissMissy-555/Design/dole-for-Bawb3-o.jpg

DD loved the Dole ice cream!!

Yes the ground was a mess and we were able to drink our Doles!! I bet Bawb said, hmmm no juice huh, well I will just make so for them, hey God- can you turn up the heat at Magic Kingdom for a bit :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: ;)

YES it was a BUSY BUSY day!!!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/MissMissy-555/Design/busydaywdw-o.jpg

heres a link to another OT story that happened that day

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25842613#post25842613

Renysmom
06-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I am working on a pay it forward "Bawb Dole Whip" card that I will share here for others to print and hand to the CM to give to the person/people you buy the Dole Whip for.

I will post in the next day or so. Anything special you wish the card to say?

SamSam
06-23-2008, 10:24 PM
I am working on a pay it forward "Bawb Dole Whip" card that I will share here for others to print and hand to the CM to give to the person/people you buy the Dole Whip for.

I will post in the next day or so. Anything special you wish the card to say?

What a lovely thing to do. I'm not sure what to say on it, but I think if it said somewhere that it's a tribute to Bawb, or in honor of Bawb, or here's one on Bawb...something like that would be nice.

MenashaCorp
06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
OK I just had to get this up now before it gets too old.

YES it was a BUSY BUSY day!!!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/MissMissy-555/Design/busydaywdw-o.jpg

Great story and nice post! Just hoping this pic doesn't start another 5-week stroller debate!! :worried:

Oh...Mah...GAWD!!!!:scared1:

UrsulasShadow
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Great story and nice post! Just hoping this pic doesn't start another 5-week stroller debate!! :worried:

Oh...Mah...GAWD!!!!:scared1:

The park wouldn't be so crowded if it weren't for all the STROLLERS! Where's Stroller Boy when you need him???

DVCsince02
06-24-2008, 01:29 PM
The park wouldn't be so crowded if it weren't for all the STROLLERS! Where's Stroller Boy when you need him???

Paging Chris... Paging Chris.... Stroller Services Needed in Fantasy Land....

crazydisneyman
06-24-2008, 02:17 PM
That is why Disney raised the stroller prices.

SamIAm21
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I was in the MK on Friday, June 13 and again on the 16th and I did notice a considerable difference in the amount of strollers being used -- nothing like that picture. There were very few "Disney" strollers, but a normal amount of regular strollers. Judging by Miss Missy's pics, the increase in stroller prices didn't affect everyone. Wow, that's a lot of strollers!! A sea of them!

And, although it was pretty rainy on the 16th, I did get a Dole Whip float, walked down to the Adventureland bridge, held up my cup and said, I Miss You Bawb! Here's to you!! We then found a spot in front of the Crystal Palace and watched Wishes. A perfect end to the day.

I would add pictures, but I don't post pics of myself or my DD on the Internet. Sorry!

miss missy
06-24-2008, 06:18 PM
That pic of strollers is a parking area, not a walkway... although the parking area did end up in the walkway LOL

astrodrummergirl
06-25-2008, 01:41 AM
Slowly, the entirety of fantasyland will just become a stroller parking lot. They can have little trams that take people to the castle and back just like in the real parking lots. :rotfl:

princesskelz
06-25-2008, 09:42 AM
just Subbing im defetnally gonna get a Dole Whip for bawb::yes::

Home@WL
06-25-2008, 04:11 PM
"This one's for Bawb." From my trip a couple of weeks ago.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2610933021_d65394e2d8.jpg

polineedyan
06-25-2008, 08:08 PM
here's mine from 6/23/08

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/2612261976_d5c80dff9e.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/2612261976_d5c80dff9e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28048780@N08/2612261976/)

calypso*a*go-go
06-26-2008, 11:10 AM

Great picture Ian! The smile on your face definitely indicates you are enjoying your DW "Bawb-style"...especially with a second one waiting on the ledge behind you!

kronkman
06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry, tomu, is your scrolling finger injured? Hate to cause another Bawb fan pain...I'll resist posting here without pics.

Darn....resistance is futile....posting anyway.....thinking about Bawb and dolewhips, but no pic forthcoming. Sorry.

Just doing my part to keep the scrolling fingers of the DIS boards healthy and strong. I believe that Bob would have wanted it that way...

I'll have one for Bob, and pay it forward, come November in the park.

You may continue scrolling...NOW.

PammyJJane
06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, everyone. He really must have been a wonderful guy to have so many people mourn his loss so sincerely. I haven't listened to any podcasts yet, but I'm looking forward to 'getting to know' him.
Several hours later, I'm editing this post...I've listened to the podcasts for hours but can't keep my eyes open anymore...but what an endearing man. I will certainly have a Dole Whip in his honor in October.

Home@WL
06-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Great picture Ian! The smile on your face definitely indicates you are enjoying your DW "Bawb-style"...especially with a second one waiting on the ledge behind you!

Thanks! That other one belonged to someone else, but I wouldn't have hesitated to take a bite if it went unclaimed. :rotfl:

Buckeye Gal
06-28-2008, 12:28 PM
...In addition, I wanted to share a Dole Whip and buy one unexpectedly for the person behind me. So a lone older woman drives up in an ECV. I thought this was perfect. I told her I wanted to buy her a Dole Whip Float, she said she didn't know what that was. I was just handed mine, I said this is what it was. She said "OK", and I just handed the one I just got. I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

You DID make me cry...in a good way. :) That's a very sweet tribute. I'll be having my first Dole Whip in September and certainly will be thinking of Bawb.

GRUMPY0711
06-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Perhaps purchasing an extra Dole Whip, then turning to the next guest in line and handing it to them and say " compliments of Bob Varley, have a Magical Day!"

BrotherBear82
06-29-2008, 12:30 PM
That is a really great idea.

DebšošS
06-29-2008, 12:51 PM
A pic from last week. In May I paid one forward (alone and no one to share it with) but this time DS happily ate it. He'd never had one so once again Bob has spread the magic. Dole Whips are now called Bob Whips in our house. http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/36868Copy_of_JUN_5561-med.JPG

DebšošS
06-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Grumpy0711Perhaps purchasing an extra Dole Whip, then turning to the next guest in line and handing it to them and say " compliments of Bob Varley, have a Magical Day!"

In May after Bob's memorial DIS meet. I went to the MK for the purpose of buying one for the next person in line. I had heard from a DISer (who shall remain nameless) at the meet that Dole Whips were very syrupy and sweet. Not my thing:( I decided rather than taste it and throw it away (couldn't do that) I'd pay it forward instead.The recipients were very appreciative. See my May post for more.

Here's a quick pic of DS eating his "Bob Whip" before it disappeared last week:wizard:
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/36868bob_whip_june-med.JPG

calypso*a*go-go
06-30-2008, 01:54 PM
As a follow-up to my voicemail that was played on the 6/26 podcast...there will be a group of us visiting WDW during the last week of August that would like to get together for an unofficial "Dole Whip for Bawb" Meet'n'Greet. We will need to narrow it down to a date between 8/24-8/31 and I am open to any and all suggestions on what would be the best way to do this. I was going to wait until early August to post something, but if we DISers are guilty of anything -- it's our need to plan!!! Also, Pete indicated they might be able to make it to our gathering..so let's keep our fingers crossed that we might have some "special guests". :thumbsup2

cocowum
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
As a follow-up to my voicemail that was played on the 6/26 podcast...there will be a group of us visiting WDW during the last week of August that would like to get together for an unofficial "Dole Whip for Bawb" Meet'n'Greet. We will need to narrow it down to a date between 8/24-8/31 and I am open to any and all suggestions on what would be the best way to do this. I was going to wait until early August to post something, but if we DISers are guilty of anything -- it's our need to plan!!! Also, Pete indicated they might be able to make it to our gathering..so let's keep our fingers crossed that we might have some "special guests". :thumbsup2

Our dates are 8/25 - 9/2. We are flexible. Maybe you should start a new thread and do a poll? :banana:

(we wouldn't want to tick tomu570 off by chatting on this thread. :teeth:)

cocowum
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM

This is an AWESOME picture!!!! TFS! :thumbsup2

manhattan
07-01-2008, 09:03 AM
I agree with cocowum, start a new thread or vote - I would love to meet the team. We will be there 8/28 - 9/1. :cool1:

cyberbox2
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
We will be in the world the week of 8/24 but leave on a DCL cruise 8/28.

Our MK day is scheduled for 8/25, but I'll sneak back in if that day doesn't work for the majority:goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go
07-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I was going to start a new thread but if I recall correctly, I thought Pete and Corey both mentioned this sticky thread...so I thought that's where they wanted me to share the info.

Oh well, I'll start a new one and the mods can always move it here if they would like.

Did you see that I changed my signature? :thumbsup2

*NikkiBell*
07-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Great idea! I was hoping to do something similar in October when we are there for food & wine. Heh. This could be a massive year for Dole Whip meets! I hope WDW is ready! :)

DebšošS
07-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Interesting, they have no idea what has hit them as far as Dole Whips for Bob. Both times I've ordered them I've explained to CM's what I was doing. They seemed genuinely moved by it both times and yet clueless. Eventually we won't have to explain the run on Dole Whips, they'll know:)

cocowum
07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Did you see that I changed my signature? :thumbsup2

I like it. :thumbsup2

Home@WL
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
This is an AWESOME picture!!!! TFS! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes

mnra
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I am new to the dis site and to the podcast. I started listening to the podcast around the time of the death of your friend bob(bawb). I have been to disney 40 times or so since 1981 and have lots of great memories there with my kids. I thought I had done a lot at disney over the years but now realize how little I really knew about the place. I find Disney magical and from the tributes I read about your friend bob (bawb) I can tell how much he will be missed by all his friends and family. A measure of a great man is in how he has touch the lives of others and from what I have read bob(bawb) was truly a great man. I am sorry I never got to know him since I think it would have been and honor. I never have had a dole whip on all my trips but I will have one in honor of Bob (bawb) since I can see how much magic and joy he has brought into peoples lives.

Launchpad11B
07-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Great idea! I was hoping to do something similar in October when we are there for food & wine. Heh. This could be a massive year for Dole Whip meets! I hope WDW is ready! :)

When in October? We will be there the 9th thru the 13th for the long weekend. If you have it then, we'll be there!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

CalDisneyFamily
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I had my Dole Whip on Tuesday at Disneyland. I got the Dole Whip Float and walked down Main Street sharing with my mom and husband. One for me, One for you, One for you, One for me. I have to say I never likes Dole Whips when I tried them before, but this one seemed special. Now I will definitely get one every trip.

I have to say the line for Dole Whips on Saturday was so long. It was one of the longest lines in the park.

Here are the Dole Whip floats I picked up yesterday at Disneyland...and only 3 people ahead of me in line...must have been during the parade :rotfl:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh239/CalDisneyFamily/Avatar/DisneySummer2008DoleWhip-1.jpg

I am addicted!!!!!

polineedyan
07-07-2008, 09:24 PM
How come the fake dole whips ala bawb, and some other dole whips have the juice. Mine didnt have no stinkin juice, or a fancy umbrella?
I'm goin to take a nap..

WayfastWill
07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I love popping in here and seeing all the pictures, good stuff. Now I'm hungry.......popcorn::

SamSam
07-07-2008, 10:40 PM
I love popping in here and seeing all the pictures, good stuff. Now I'm hungry.......popcorn::

:goodvibes I'm with you Will. I love the pics of the Dole Whips...Havin' one for Bawb is the best experience; seeing pics of others havin' one for Bawb is the second best. :goodvibes

thewall2k
07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I can't wait to post my own picture of eating a dole whip for Bob in December.

astrodrummergirl
07-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I can't wait til I get to get a Dole Whip for Bawb in september.

In other Bawbness, I passed a billboard today that instantly made me think of Bawb, let me just say it was for Barcardi MOE-GEE-TOE's!

SingingMom
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Never heard a podcast, unfortunately, but love Dole Whips - and was very moved by the stories about Bawb.... (every time we are in Magic Kingdom we do two things - get Dole Whips, and take a picture of MY Bob in front of "Bwana Bob's")

Here are DD and I on a wet day, two weeks ago, having Dole Whips in Bawb's honor. RIP...sounds like he was a wonderful guy...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t264/RTVBishop/Disney%202008/DSCN4036.jpg

SamSam
07-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Singing Mom, Great photo!

calypso*a*go-go
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
That's really nice Singing Mom...I think Bawb is very happy right now. :goodvibes:

Tonya2426
07-20-2008, 11:35 PM
I was at the Parks this past week and finally got my Dole Whip for Bawb picture. It had been raining and I was very tired and "glowing" and fought my way through many Brazilian tour groups watching Wishes and had to try to explain to my family why I was buying a Dole Whip in memory of someone and why I needed a picture of it - but it was worth it for Bob. :love:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/Tonya2426/Disney%207-2008/Disney7-2008060-1-1.jpg

SamSam
07-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Tanya2426, Great Pic! Thanks for posting it, I was beginning to think no one was going to post again. :goodvibes

robind
07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm not heading down until the end of September and I plan on posting - so don't give up !

calypso*a*go-go
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
I hope to have a really nice one to post at the end of August. :goodvibes

Tonya -- You look really good in red, nice picture!!!

magic2go
07-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I hope to have a really nice one to post at the end of August. :goodvibes

Count us in Calypso*a*go*go - We hope to see you on the 30th!

calypso*a*go-go
07-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Count us in Calypso*a*go*go - We hope to see you on the 30th!

That's great Kathie -- we'll see you then!

mnra
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Even though i have never meet bob and only starting listening to the podcast and in my 40 or so trips never had a dole whip I would like to try one in honor of him. Where is this meeting suppose to take place

calypso*a*go-go
07-28-2008, 02:35 PM
If you're inquiring about the meet I'm getting organized, it will be on 8/30 @ 2pm, at the Aloha Isle (the Dole Whip stand) located in Adventureland inside the Magic Kingdom...so park admission would be required. Please stop by if you'll be visiting WDW during that time. I believe several of us will be wearing our DIS Unplugged shirts, so we should be easy to spot. :goodvibes

TheBeadPirate
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
We'll be down this weekend. As soon as I get the pics uploaded I'll post!

It was because of Bob's empty cups that I got my first DoleWhip float last year at Disneyland. Me and Greenie Boy!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/rnleichmann/001_0449.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/rnleichmann/001_0448.jpg

tinkbutt
07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
MAN now I want a Dole Whip!

randomdisney101
07-29-2008, 05:59 AM
i'll be having my first dole whip just for bob next month
Missing yoo Bawb!
Caroline
xxx

slapwhitey
07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/slapwhitey/Disneyland2008048.jpg

Enjoying a Dole Whip with Flat Bawb in Disneyland. Quality isn't great but trust me, there is a Dole Whip there.

*NikkiBell*
07-29-2008, 09:32 PM
When in October? We will be there the 9th thru the 13th for the long weekend. If you have it then, we'll be there!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

We're going the 17th through the 21st. Anyone going to be there?

zulemara
08-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Finally got around to uploading my pictures from my trip June 15-22nd. I'm on the left, my best friend Matt is on the right.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee13/zulemara/Disney%20June%202008/DSCN0820.jpg

Woops! forgot to get the dole whip in the pic!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee13/zulemara/Disney%20June%202008/DSCN0821.jpg

calypso*a*go-go
08-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Love the pictures zulemara!!!

BTW...your best friend looks like he could be your brother.

zulemara
08-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I've known him since I was 11 and I'm 23 now so he may as well be! He is coming to Disney with me in January on the college program.

Sadly, his family just started listening to the podcast after my recommendation shortly before Bob's passing. Even so, Dole Whips are a true hidden gem that even matt, in his 10+ trips to Disney, did not know about! It was a good time, but boy did I get a sugar rush and then drop(I'm a little hypoglycemic) haha it was worth it though!

SamSam
08-03-2008, 10:08 PM
We're going the 17th through the 21st. Anyone going to be there?

We will be there from Oct. 1 - 19th. A wonderfully fantastic get-away.
Should we start a new thread for people going in Oct.?

MODisFan
08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
My first ever Dole Whip. Thanks Bawb!! Working on getting the picture posted

WaltD4Me
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
We will be there from Oct. 1 - 19th. A wonderfully fantastic get-away.
Should we start a new thread for people going in Oct.?

We'll be there Oct 19th - 25th!

Doing MNSSHP October 21st, I was thinking of doing my Dole Whip picture that day when we (or at least the kids) will be in costume.

SamSam
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
We'll be there Oct 19th - 25th!

Doing MNSSHP October 21st, I was thinking of doing my Dole Whip picture that day when we (or at least the kids) will be in costume.

I think that would make a great picture!

tinkbutt
08-05-2008, 12:00 AM
love the facial expressions Zulemara!!!!

zulemara
08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
love the facial expressions Zulemara!!!!

LOL thanks, we are both very expressive. I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve.

I will be down in January on the College Program, so I look forward to a few dole whip meet n greets!

ALWAYSDISNEYDREAMING
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
If you're inquiring about the meet I'm getting organized, it will be on 8/30 @ 2pm, at the Aloha Isle (the Dole Whip stand) located in Adventureland inside the Magic Kingdom...so park admission would be required. Please stop by if you'll be visiting WDW during that time. I believe several of us will be wearing our DIS Unplugged shirts, so we should be easy to spot. :goodvibes

I'll be at WDW 8/16 - 8/27. I can't believe I'm not going to get to meet all of you but I will have my first dole whip in Bob's honor while we are there.

calypso*a*go-go
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
I'll be at WDW 8/16 - 8/27. I can't believe I'm not going to get to meet all of you but I will have my first dole whip in Bob's honor while we are there.

I'm sorry we're going to miss you. Take a look at the thread below -- sandyh67 is going to be there 8/20 @ 1pm...maybe you guys can have your own DWFB meet!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1910514

ALWAYSDISNEYDREAMING
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
CRUD I'll be at EPCOT that day with reservations. I guess I'll have to have my DWFB with my family.

Bozza
08-09-2008, 05:30 PM
In 12 trips to the World, I've never had a Dole Whip. I'm there again in a little over a week and will gladly toast Bob with my first Dole Whip.

calypso*a*go-go
08-10-2008, 04:12 PM
In 12 trips to the World, I've never had a Dole Whip. I'm there again in a little over a week and will gladly toast Bob with my first Dole Whip.

Sounds great Bozza -- will you be able to come to our meet on 8/30, or will you be toasting solo?

grizbuzz
08-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Dole whip with the DSs at Disneyland this past Saturday.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/jengrinold/IMG_0507-1.jpg

calypso*a*go-go
08-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Great picture grizbuzz! :goodvibes

Tonya2426
08-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Dole whip with the DSs at Disneyland this past Saturday.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/jengrinold/IMG_0507-1.jpg

Love the picture!! And Dole Whips are alot bigger at DL!!! :confused3

SamSam
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Grizzbuzz, Great pic, beautiful children! Bawb would love it! :goodvibes

scarlett873
08-14-2008, 07:42 PM
It wasn't a Disney World Dole Whip, but I still had one in Bawb's honor! We were at the Indiana State Fair on Sunday 8/10 and I partook of a Pineapple Whip!

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u327/scarlett873/IMG_0134.jpg

UrsulasShadow
08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
It counts, Scar, it counts.

calypso*a*go-go
08-15-2008, 12:56 AM
It counts, Scar, it counts.

I second that -- it definitely counts!!!

Love the picture Brandie -- the background is beautiful.

checkwriter
08-18-2008, 11:46 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/myob1776/DoleWhipforBawb.jpg

Here's one for you, big fellah. August 18, 2008

calypso*a*go-go
08-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Cool -- another great photo! Good job checkwriter. :goodvibes

cocowum
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
I love it checkwriter!!! :thumbsup2 Great pic! I also love your crocs! :goodvibes Great color. :thumbsup2

TheCooksLuvDisney
08-19-2008, 07:44 AM
I have a feeling that when I get there by 3:30pm at the latest there will still be a line of DISers waiting to purchase their dole whip. :lmao:

SamSam
08-19-2008, 08:52 AM
:banana: Great pic Checkwrite! :banana:

Daycounter
08-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I just got back from bringing a bunch of HS kids to the world from Houston. As trip guide, I made sure that one of the stops was to get a Pineapple float. Although skeptical at first... upon tasting the kids gave rave reviews. Final score... Dole Whip 10 - Skeptics 0 :yay:

SamSam
08-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I just got back from bringing a bunch of HS kids to the world from Houston. As trip guide, I made sure that one of the stops was to get a Pineapple float. Although skeptical at first... upon tasting the kids gave rave reviews. Final score... Dole Whip 10 - Skeptics 0 :yay:

Ahhh, that's sweet...Bawb would love it! Any pics?

tomu570
08-27-2008, 09:01 PM
My tribute to Bawb.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/tomu570/P8250332.jpg

SamSam
08-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Tomu, great pic! I don't think I will ever tire of seeing "have one for 'Bawb' " Dole Whip pics. They always make me smile thinking how 'Bawb' would have loved this thread.

astrodrummergirl
08-31-2008, 01:02 AM
My turn for a Dole Whip is finally coming around as in about an hour, I'll be leaving for the airport on the way to Orlando!

disneyholic family
08-31-2008, 02:43 AM
My turn for a Dole Whip is finally coming around as in about an hour, I'll be leaving for the airport on the way to Orlando!

woo hoo!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

checkwriter
08-31-2008, 08:11 AM
My tribute to Bawb.

Nice pic, tomu570! I like the backdrop!

DisDarling
08-31-2008, 08:35 AM
I leave next week and I will be getting my pic for Bawb!! Can't wait!!! :)

Ames

tinkbutt
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
nice pic Tomu!!!!!!

DVCsince02
08-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice pics everyone!

Launchpad11B
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Cocowum holding our Dole Whips in honor of our friend Bawb!:thumbsup2
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/P1010947.jpg
She's such a cutie:love:

tinkbutt
09-02-2008, 08:18 PM

AWW nice pic!!!

disneygirlinnj
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I realized I never posted my pic from back in May!!!!

Pirate & Princess Dole Whips for Bawb!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/2489471298_4842a22ba1.jpg

MenashaCorp
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM

Nice pic!! A cutie even after being rained on!!! :thumbsup2

SamSam
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I realized I never posted my pic from back in May!!!!

Pirate & Princess Dole Whips for Bawb!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/2489471298_4842a22ba1.jpg

Great Pic.....It's never too late to post a picture. :goodvibes

teruterubouzu
09-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I had a Dole Whip in honor of Bob yesterday, but at the Minnesota State Fair, not at WDW. They are so tasty that I forgot to take a picture of me and my Dole Whip, so this photo of the booth will have to suffice.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/2819589957_7559e66604.jpg (http://flickr.com/photos/teruterubouzu/2819589957/)

SamSam
09-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I had a Dole Whip in honor of Bob yesterday, but at the Minnesota State Fair, not at WDW. They are so tasty that I forgot to take a picture of me and my Dole Whip, so this photo of the booth will have to suffice.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/2819589957_7559e66604.jpg (http://flickr.com/photos/teruterubouzu/2819589957/)

They have Dole Whips places other than WDW!!!! :)
I think it's great that Bawb is being honored in this way all over the country.

Chkultr
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
WOW is all I can really say! My wife introduced me to this board since I call her the Disney Queen. We love the dole whips! We will be down at the end of Oct. We are taking a friend with us that hasn't been since she was a child. Now I can introduce a new fan to the Bawb Whip! I'll be sure to post when we get back from our vacation.

He really must have been a great great person and I will be honored to represent him and his favorite treat.

Hope all approve!

cocowum
09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Here's another pic from our DWFB meet. :goodvibes
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/P1010950.jpg

Renysmom
09-09-2008, 06:10 PM
That's awesome...Love the Bob shirt

bettyann29
09-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Heres mine from our recent trip..

Heres to you Bawb!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/bettyann29/WDW2008-%20Familytrip/101_2166.jpg

oeshpdog2
09-13-2008, 10:33 PM
We just discovered the Dole Whips during our trip 2 weeks ago. Wow...I would have one in honor of anybody. Best cool treat in the park.

astrodrummergirl
09-15-2008, 04:52 AM
I have a photo, and it will be posted when I get all the pics sorted out!

PS, I never realised how tasty the pineapple floats are, Yum!

Dodie
09-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Here I am last week, taken September 12th, having my official Dole Whip for Bob:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/WDW%20September%202008/DSC01448.jpg

We miss you, Bob! Thanks for the memories!