PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the night before check out?

KarlaG4Kids
05-01-2008, 10:07 PM
We will be at WDW in September with free dining. Our flight does not leave until 7pm. Right now we have reservations at WDW until the following day. Are there any problems with keeping our reservations the way they are but taking the ME on the night before our check out day? It would be very convenient to have the room to return to and clean up before taking our flights home. The extra meals would be nice too. Are there any problems with this plan?

Deb & Bill
05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't think you can use ME for the day before your reservation actually ends. You probably should check directly with them, though, to be sure.

Amy&Dan
05-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I think Deb is right. I looked into doing that very thing for our December of 2006 trip. We were originally set to depart at 9:00 p.m. and I thought we would just keep our CBR room an extra so we could go back and change clothes (going from Florida to Denver in the winter requires a wardrobe change!). But our TA said ME would not do that since our departure day had to be the same as our check out day. It was all a moot point as our flight time changed to a morning departure so we didn't need the room for the day after all.

I agree, check with ME directly and see. We took a cab last week from ASMU to the airport and it was $72 with the tip. So if you can't use ME prepare to spend that amount for a cab, however the meals might more than make up for that.

CleveRocks
05-02-2008, 01:30 AM
The OP absolutely CAN do what she wants. You are entitled to a ride back to the airport on or before your check-out day. You would not be permitted to use DME AFTER your check-out day, but you certainly can use it before your check-out day.

The same thing would apply for arrival. You wouldn't be allowed to take the DME bus from the airport to your resort on the day before your check-in day, but you can get a ride from the airport to your resort AFTER your check-in day.

greenpea89
05-02-2008, 04:31 AM
We did this in January and it wasn't a problem at all. Maybe because it wasn't a busy time of year? We were told that we would need to choose express check-out and to request a copy of our bill a couple of hours before we would be leaving if we wanted to review it. That was it. Double check with ME to see if their policy has changed but we passed along our flight details for ME and just did it - we didn't even consider that it would be a problem and no one said anything other than at check-in when I asked and was told we would need to use express check-out. Hope it works out for you too!

alldiz
05-02-2008, 08:04 AM
No problem....
I did the same exact thing last Aug....witht the free dining.

I had my room booked till Fri.....the airfare was sooo much cheaper to leave late Thurs night.
So I kept the room so I would have it all day and then took ME to airport. No problem.
It was nice having a few extra dining credits...hey I paid for the room;)
Kerri

goofy4tink
05-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Not a problem. My dh has left the resort before the reservation ended with no issues at all. As long as you don't want to arrive before your reservation starts, or after it ends, you'll be fine.

CarolA
05-02-2008, 10:08 AM
If the DME people on the phone act stupid (which they sometimes do) just wait and change your return at the resort.

KarlaG4Kids
05-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much for the info. That will really help me make my plans.

calypso*a*go-go
05-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I did this last year as well and it wasn't a problem. We had an early evening flight and I didn't want to check out of the room by 11am and not have access to our luggage all day. It was really nice to be able to go to the parks until early afternoon and then go back to the resort and relax for a couple of hours before our DME pick up.