PDA

View Full Version : Weird Pop bathtub question...

CandCMommy
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Okay, so I have a phobia of shower curtains touching me in any way, shape, or form and I was wondering if POP has a curved shower curtain rod to keep that thing away from me. :confused3

TIA!

Buckeye Gal
05-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry...I think this answers your question

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj218/tckk1957/100_0714_0009.jpg

minnie61650
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
The newly refurbished rooms at All Star Music have new curved shower rods.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asm_jaz17.jpg

karemore
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
We were there a couple weeks ago and I didn't have any trouble with the shower curtain.

I'm very much on the plus side....so I do sometimes have the shower curtain sticks.....yuck. Didn't happen all week at Pop. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the bathroom.

disnut8
05-02-2008, 08:00 AM
We were just at Pop Century and I hate having the shower curtain touching me as well. No phobia but it's just icky. And my husband is bigger than me and would have really commented on it. The curtain never touched us. I think what you are referring to is when the curtain blows in on you when you are wet. That does not happen at Disney World.

CandCMommy
05-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Great, thanks for all the comments. I'd hate to get in a fight every morning with the shower curtain because we know who would win that fight! :rotfl2:

CandCMommy
05-02-2008, 09:19 AM
The newly refurbished rooms at All Star Music have new curved shower rods.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asm_jaz17.jpg

That bathroom looks really nice. Now you're making me second guess my decision on resorts. :scared1:

aussiedaisy
05-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Okay, so I have a phobia of shower curtains touching me in any way, shape, or form and I was wondering if POP has a curved shower curtain rod to keep that thing away from me. :confused3

TIA!

OMG you must be my long lost sister!! I also have that phobia....eewwwee can't stand the curtain to touch me. Last year I wiped it down with disinfectant wipes as much as I could....and then I sort of hang it outside of the tub when I get in to try and stop it blowing in. Glad I'm not the only one:thumbsup2

lmillercrew
05-04-2008, 06:00 AM
ASSP also has the curved curtain bar. No touching.

iHEARTflorida
05-04-2008, 06:10 AM
same i hate shower curtains i always want to put them on the outside of the tub, but i get yelled at to put in back inside as it gets the floor wet. ewwk ihate shower curtains sicking to you, feels disgusting

CandCMommy
05-04-2008, 08:09 PM
OMG you must be my long lost sister!! I also have that phobia....eewwwee can't stand the curtain to touch me. Last year I wiped it down with disinfectant wipes as much as I could....and then I sort of hang it outside of the tub when I get in to try and stop it blowing in. Glad I'm not the only one:thumbsup2

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! One time DH thought I was in the shower with someone because he could hear me talking and yelling. Nope, just me having a one sided conversation with the shower curtain.

If it comes down to it, I will shower with the curtain on the outside of the tub before I will let that nasty thing touch me! Who cares if it leaves enough water on the floor to bathe my infant.

TheRustyScupper
05-05-2008, 07:38 AM
1) Re-hab rooms have curved rods.
2) Non-rehab room do not.
3) Best of luck which one you get.

buzz1fan
05-05-2008, 08:04 AM
We stayed at the POP in 2006 and that was my biggest complaint, the shower curtain. I always ended up getting the floor wet. It also just grossed me out.

StrwLady
05-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Maybe bring a shower curtain liner and put it on top of the resorts liner? It wouldn't be a great expense to do so. I think you can easily get one for about $5.

I also have a hotel shower curtain liner phobia!

1rockinmama
05-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Maybe bring a shower curtain liner and put it on top of the resorts liner? It wouldn't be a great expense to do so. I think you can easily get one for about $5.

THAT was the best tip I've read ALL day for us phobia pholks. ;)
THANK YOU!

CandCMommy
05-05-2008, 02:40 PM

GREAT IDEA! Gee, wonder why I never thought of something like that? That's what I love about the DIS! :love: