PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to all our friends

WebmasterPete
05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm going to take a little liberty here and speak on behalf of the entire podcast team - I hope they won't mind as I'm sure they share my feelings.

I've had this site for 11 years now and I really thought it was impossible for me to be surprised by these boards. Honestly, I was pretty sure I'd seen it all - then this happened.

I don't know that I could put into words the incredible comfort you have all been to Diana, Brian and the podcast crew these past few days. The overwhelming outpouring of love and support for the loss of our friend is staggering and such a wonderful testament to the man he was.

As I'm sure you will all understand, we're going to need some time before we get back to the show. This was a great loss to each one of us, so I think it's important that it be a team decision as to when we return to the show.

I won't lie - this has been pretty devastating to all of us. But we take great solace in knowing how fortunate we were to have had the time with Bob that we did, and that we have two years worth of shows we can revisit whenever we want, whenever we feel like hearing a comforting and friendly voice.

It will not be the same without him - his character, his personality were so unique - he was a true original that can never be replaced. But soon enough our grief will give way to a more positive and creative energy. The kind Bob always seem to have in great abundance.

Thanks again for all your prayers, condolances and well wishes. You'll never know how much we all appreciate it.

Pete

Minnie Lor
05-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Take all the time you all need. We'll still be here.:grouphug:

Disney Khi
05-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Thank you, Pete, for taking the time to write this for us. Know that whenever you all feel up to it, we will be here waiting with open arms and open ears. :grouphug:

limabeanmom2003
05-01-2008, 04:30 PM
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

alebisi
05-01-2008, 04:31 PM
we love you guys:hippie:

ninety-seven
05-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Thank you Pete for building the community and allowing us into your lives. Without you, none of the connections that have been made on these boards would have ever happened. Sure you can pass off the daily running to the Mods (who do a great job) but it was you who started the team that did all this.

For that, I thank you.

Donaldfan81
05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Take all the time you guys need Pete. We will all be here ready to listen. You are in our prayers.

LilGMom
05-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Take as much time as you all need. Here for you all when you feel up to it and are ready.

:grouphug:

tinkbutt
05-01-2008, 04:41 PM
thank you for the post Pete we are all here for support and will continue to be here until you guys are back in full swing

we have all lost a great friend!

Jacklynn
05-01-2008, 04:43 PM
We will be here waiting for you whenever you are ready. Take the time you need and know that we all are here for all of you. I've only been listening since about January but I already feel like I know all of you. My husband and I are moving to Florida (Montverde, it is kinda near a town called Clermont) in a few months (about 2) and I've been hoping that we would run into some of you at the parks since we will live so close. I, like the others, feel like I have lost a friend, which is so odd since I never met or even talked to Bob. Funny how someone can make such an impact when they do not even know you exist!

IHeartTink04
05-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks Pete!

We love you all and we will aren't going anywhere! We will be here when you are ready.:goodvibes

davidand3rs
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
You guys need that time. None of us are going anywhere!
We will be here waiting for you whenever you are ready. Take the time you need and know that we all are here for all of you. I've only been listening since about January but I already feel like I know all of you. My husband and I are moving to Florida (Montverde, it is kinda near a town called Clermont) in a few months (about 2) and I've been hoping that we would run into some of you at the parks since we will live so close. I, like the others, feel like I have lost a friend, which is so odd since I never met or even talked to Bob. Funny how someone can make such an impact when they do not even know you exist!

I know exactly what you mean. I've been listening since mid-Dec and already I feel like the 'team' was a part of my life. It's interesting how hard it hits you when something like this happens and you've never even met the person.

mandymommy4
05-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I think we all understand. It will be just as hard fur "us" listening to a "Bobless" show as it will be fro you all to sit and make that first show. Kinda hard to imagine.....

miss missy
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
To Pete and the Team,

I too will take liberty of talking as the listeners/DIS members alike...

We are so glad to hear we were able to comfort you all in any way- even if from a computer keyboard across the miles. We were all feeling so sad and so bummed that we couldn't be there with you guys, as friends normally would be. Cyber friends are not a new thing, but we have such a close community, it is kind of different... and we didn't always know what was right or wrong to do or say. It's real strange to care about people (the team) you never met, and may never meet in person, yet want to show them comfort too and you feel like words are not enough. :grouphug:

So we are doing what we can. The Dole Whips and such.

Please take all the time you all need. Know we are thinking of you all. Know we miss you all. And please know that WE THE LISTENERS AND DIS MEMBERS ALIKE, will FOR sure carry Bob's memory on!!! :thumbsup2

Pinky166
05-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Take your time...we will all still be here!

Love and hugs to all of you. :hug:

safetymom
05-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks Pete. I can only imagine how tough it must be for you and the others on the Podcast. We got to know Bob through the Podcast but you all had the pleasure to call him friend in person.

Take all the time you need. I will keep you all in my prayers.

tiggerbell
05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Pete, When you all are ready, we’ll all be here… :grouphug:

I wanted to share something with you that happened last night… I went out to dinner with friends from high school. One of the girls is also a Disney fan, but not into the message boards and podcasts like I am. I’m remedying that.

Last night, she mentions that she found some video of this cute little man who attached a camcorder to the back of his ECV.

JAIME: Oh, my God! Debbie!!! That’s Bob!
DEBBIE: You know him???
JAIME: Well…

And I explain to the table what happened and how I feel and how strange it is to mourn someone you’ve never actually met.

I notice my friend, Scott, looking kind of squinty at me across the table and I think, “Here it comes… they’ll never understand.”

But Scott just lifts his glass and says, “To Bob.” :hug:

kimbac3
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM

Great Friend:thumbsup2

And like everyone else said...Take your time. We'll wait.

Kimba

jpod523
05-01-2008, 05:30 PM
We, the fans, aren't going anywhere, so take as much time as you need.

To Bawb. :moped:

awatt
05-01-2008, 05:31 PM
We'll all be here when the team is ready to return. In the meantime, we're all thinking of you and how hard this must be for you all, and sending you big hugs to help with the healing.

todd222222
05-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I too can't explain the feelings I'm having....I miss the man.

He will be missed and I can't imagine how hard this is for you guys...and frankly I can't imagine how hard the first show back will be for you guys.

:grouphug:

SamSam
05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Pete, When you and the team feel it's time and that you can handle doing a show, we will all be here. Take all the time you need. I feel so incredibly saddened by the loss of Bob that I can only imagine what you and the rest of the team are going through.
I went out for walk today and listened once again to the last podcast, I laughed and I cried but it helped me feel a little peace about Bob. He will live on through memories and all the lives he touched. :grouphug:

Augustheather97
05-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Pete---- well said I feel My family loves all you guys like family.....I still am having a hard time with this.....take as long as you can.....you will need it...
stay strong
Loveya
karen

cocowum
05-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Take all the time you need. We'll be here. I wish there was more I could do. :hug:

JFrey4240
05-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Pete--Thanks for the post. Take all the time you and the podcast team needs. I'm certainly not going anywhere. Also thank you for creating this little cyber community. Take care. Jennifer.

Tissa
05-01-2008, 06:11 PM
As others have said, take all the time you need. Your loyal fans will always be here waiting for the Podcast return. :goodvibes

*Robin*
05-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Pete, for better or for worse, I think you're stuck with most of us...

Thank you for taking a minute to write...hugs to every one of you...
:flower3:

bcvdreamer
To Pete and the Team,

We are so glad to hear we were able to comfort you all in any way- even if from a computer keyboard across the miles. We were all feeling so sad and so bummed that we couldn't be there with you guys, as friends normally would be. Cyber friends are not a new thing, but we have such a close community, it is kind of different... and we didn't always know what was right or wrong to do or say. It's real strange to care about people (the team) you never met, and may never meet in person, yet want to show them comfort too and you feel like words are not enough. :grouphug:

Please take all the time you all need. Know we are thinking of you all. Know we miss you all. And know that WE THE LISTENERS AND DIS MEMBERS ALIKE, will FOR sure carry Bob memory on!!! :thumbsup2

Well said.

Thanks Pete.

experiment_627
Just echoing everyone else's sentiments. Take all the time you need. I am shocked by how much this has effected me, so I can't imagine how you all feel.

We love you guys, and we'll still be here when you are ready.

Much love and many :hug: .

Candy

UrsulasShadow
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
You know where to find me, Pete.

Mrs Grumpy
05-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for posting Pete. I just can't imagine what you are all going through. We will all still be here when you are all ready.

carol1231
05-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks Pete! We'll still be here when you all are ready.

Take care of each other!!:grouphug:

calypso*a*go-go
05-01-2008, 06:26 PM
You know how we stray cats are, don't cha? You've fed us and now we're never gonna leave! :teeth:

Yep, Pete & Crew -- whenever you're ready to open that door again...we'll be there waiting for anything you're willing to give!!! :hug:

Jodi
05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for taking the time to check in with us, Pete. :hug:

O2BNWDW
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Thank you all for creating something even more that we could be a part of....we love you all and when you make that decision to return we will all come together again, a little sadder and emptier for the loss, but here together again as a community. All of our love and support goes out to all of you Bawb's family.

sunshine girl
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi Pete and all the Podcasters - thanks for your note, and thank you for creating the boards and the podcast. I've always wanted to say a big thank you, and this seems like an excellent opportunity.

I am SO glad I got to "know" Bob by listening to the podcast. Thanks for providing the vehicle for him (and all of you) to shine a light out to the world!

The world is a better place - and my little life is more fun - for having you all in it. Bob will never be forgotten and his great, kind spirit will live on thanks to wdwinfo and the podcast.

Thank you!

:sunny: :grouphug:

mommyceratops
05-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks Pete....I was really starting to worry about you.

Take all the time you guys need. :grouphug:

BernardandMissBianca
05-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for checking in Pete. Take care and we will be here to envelop the crew with love when you return.

LenDVC92
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Pete,

Yesterday I was reading the "Favorite Bob Memory" (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1808317) thread and many people mentioned the time Bob brought empty Dole whip cups to the podcast. I've been on the boards for quite a while, but I'm a fairly new podcast listener. I was intrigued, so I downloaded the file (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable38-050107-56.mp3) (1-May-07) and listened to it. The incident in question comes near the end of the show and really is quite funny.

As it happens, the first half of the show was part of the series you did on the history of the DIS and DU to celebrate your tenth anniversary. I listened as you described the history of the boards and heard you speak with great passion and (well deserved) pride about how this community comes together to support each other at times of difficulty. All I could think of as you talked about events like 9/11 and Katrina was how the community that you created is now rallying around you and and the rest of the DIS/DU family when you need support.

You have given us a medium for us to help each other. I'm just glad we are able to use the same medium to support you too.

Len.

willis37862
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
More :hug: for all of the podcast members.

ADP
05-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Pete-
We'll be hanging around waiting for you guys to return. Take all the time you and the crew need.

We appreciate all that you guys do! You're the best!

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan
05-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I can honestly say, that for once I am not looking forward to the next podcast. It will never be the same, it will still be great, but it will never be the same.

Take all of the time that you guys need. We will wait for you. Just know that we love each and every one of you guys. We know that you are hurting. We appreciate the incredible job that you do for us. :grouphug:

3DisneyKids
05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
We're all here, Pete. Thinking of you, the team, and the Varley family. And we'll be here when you are ready to return.

pixiedoodle74
05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Pete,
Thank you!
We will be here when you are ready to return.
Take care.:grouphug:

Love and prayers.

disneymom8589
05-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Your letter was very touching and all of us appreciate that you took the time from your own sorrow to write. Wish I could give all of you a big hug in person, but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We will all be here with open arms and ears when the team is ready to return. :hug:

Cruz Family
05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
We will all be here when you are ready. We REALLY do love you guys!:grouphug:

Alicnwondrln
05-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks for letting us know how you are all doing.

I know I will be here when you get back, take your time and heal those hearts as much as you can.

wdwscout
05-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I can only imagine how difficult it will be to do the Podcast without Bob. I am sure you will have to start and stop many times to get a coherent show together.
I know I will probably have to stop listening several times, just to regroup and get myself back together after thinking about his empty chair. :sad1:

Take the time you need and deserve to comfort each other. :grouphug: We are fortunate to be finding comfort right here on the Boards.
Thank you for sharing Bob with all of us. :lovestruc

We'll be here when you are ready to come back. :flower3:

drakethib
05-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Were here and will be when you guys are ready.

God Bless

amyhughes
05-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Pete and the Gang,

I thought my tears were finally dried up today, then I read this! :) Thank you so much in return for all the great memories you have given us. It is something to find people as passionate about Disney in this world, and when I stumbled into this site 9 months ago after returning from my family's first trip I was truly blessed. I have made so many friends, learned so much, and yes was introduced via Podcast to a great circle of friends, including Bawb. You all are in our hearts and minds during this time. Any comfort we can be is only a small portion to what you all have given us with this site, Dreams Unlimited, and the Podcast. Please take all the time you need. I have been listening to old Podcasts non-stop this week and it has helped so much.

Thank you all and much love from all of us Hughes'.

happy2go2wdwmom
05-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Pete~

Those pics Corey posted that you took of Bob and Brian at Julie and Corey's wedding...they are such moving photos--you really captured so much...they make me weep.

macheath
05-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Pete,
Thank you for posting. I think everyone here is unanimous in saying- Please take the time that you and the Team need. Everyone deserves the right and time to grieve in their own way...whether public figures or just the "common folk". We are the ones who are honored that we are allowed to be a part of the friendship that the Team shares. And we are honored that Bawb came into our lives every week and spread his joy to all of us.
Listening to the podcast has been the "light" of my Tuesdays (Tuesdays are rough). Hopefully, we are giving a small piece of what you have given to us back to the Team. We are all here. No chance of us running away any time soon! (Sorry, you're stuck with me! ) :flower3:

alaskanmommy
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Nobody's going anywhere Pete! I know how emotional I am about Bob's passing and I can't even begin to imagine how you guys all feel. The podcast can wait and we will all be here listening and crying when you guys come back, it's going to be a different podcast without our friend Bob, definitely not for the better. You guys are in my thoughts, take good care of Diana and Brian and family for us. :love: I know you will. Take all the time you need.
--Megan

Allison
05-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Blessings to all of you during this terribly tough time.

Annette_VA
05-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm so glad that we're able to help even one small bit. I can't even imagine the pain you & the rest of the crew are experiencing. Hugs to everyone.

indigoxtreme
05-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Like a True Friend, We will be here ready and waiting for you. Just let us know when you need us.:goodvibes :grouphug:

DVCsince02
05-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I think I can also speak for the group that we are just glad for what ever updates we get from the Team. Thanks for keeping in touch.

To Pete and the Team,
Please take all the time you all need. Know we are thinking of you all. Know we miss you all. And know that WE THE LISTENERS AND DIS MEMBERS ALIKE, will FOR sure carry Bob memory on!!! :thumbsup2

Well said!:thumbsup2

Pete, When you all are ready, we’ll all be here… :grouphug:

I wanted to share something with you that happened last night… I went out to dinner with friends from high school. One of the girls is also a Disney fan, but not into the message boards and podcasts like I am. I’m remedying that.

Last night, she mentions that she found some video of this cute little man who attached a camcorder to the back of his ECV.

JAIME: Oh, my God! Debbie!!! That’s Bob!
DEBBIE: You know him???
JAIME: Well…

And I explain to the table what happened and how I feel and how strange it is to mourn someone you’ve never actually met.

I notice my friend, Scott, looking kind of squinty at me across the table and I think, “Here it comes… they’ll never understand.”

And that's why they are your friends.....

BeamsofLight
05-01-2008, 08:45 PM
We'll be here when you guys are ready. Take care of each other. :grouphug:

*NikkiBell*
05-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Pete, thank you for taking a few minutes to share how you are doing. Knowing that you are okay (or as "okay" as possible right now) was comforting to me.

Please take as much time as you need. We'll be here waiting to welcome you all back with warm arms.

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Pete and crew,

I just wanted to say hang in there and Thank You for all that you do to make this great community of people. I think the response to this tragic event is a testament to what a great place you have created for us. We will be here for everyone when you all decide you have had enough time to digest all that has happened. Death is never easy and even harder when it is a friend because that is a person you chose to love. ((HUG)) from our family.

Jennygt
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Pete, Thanks for taking the time to post! I am glad that we were able to bring you all some comfort in this horrible time. I feel like I am very far away from my friends and wish I was closer to somehow help. I know that I could not, but I guess that I just care about you all so much! Take care of each other!

RutgersAlum
05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
God bless you guys.

I was just going to post exactly what Wishfordisney said--you (plural) have created this incredible community of supporters. It is supportive because you have cultivated an atmosphere of trust and love and support. It is a testament to Bob AND to the magic with which you have created and sprinkled on this community of what were previously strangers.

We are here, we support you in your loss and thank you for sharing yourselves and Bob with us.
Peace,
Michele

Harley-Mouse
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
There will Be Diser waiting when you come back. You are in my thougts & prayers.

The Disney Fanatic
05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm going to take a little liberty here and speak on behalf of the entire podcast team - I hope they won't mind as I'm sure they share my feelings.

I've had this site for 11 years now and I really thought it was impossible for me to be surprised by these boards. Honestly, I was pretty sure I'd seen it all - then this happened.

I don't know that I could put into words the incredible comfort you have all been to Diana, Brian and the podcast crew these past few days. The overwhelming outpouring of love and support for the loss of our friend is staggering and such a wonderful testament to the man he was.

As I'm sure you will all understand, we're going to need some time before we get back to the show. This was a great loss to each one of us, so I think it's important that it be a team decision as to when we return to the show.

I won't lie - this has been pretty devastating to all of us. But we take great solace in knowing how fortunate we were to have had the time with Bob that we did, and that we have two years worth of shows we can revisit whenever we want, whenever we feel like hearing a comforting and friendly voice.

It will not be the same without him - his character, his personality were so unique - he was a true original that can never be replaced. But soon enough our grief will give way to a more positive and creative energy. The kind Bob always seem to have in great abundance.

Thanks again for all your prayers, condolances and well wishes. You'll never know how much we all appreciate it.

Pete

Take all of the time you need Pete. Just remember that the DIS family needs you and the DIS Pod Cast team. I am sure that "Bawb" wants you guys to continue bringing Joy to the world through your informative show. "Bawb" is gone, sorely missed, and is truly irreplaceable but I believe that he would want you guys to keep the creativity going. I pray that God will bring peace and comfort to you, the Pod Cast team, and the Varley family.

DisnyMama
05-01-2008, 10:54 PM
God bless you all! Take your time and when your ready.....:thumbsup2

Bob will continue to bless the Podcast and be with all of us -always! :)

Give my thoughts and prayers to Diana and Brian along with the rest of the team.

Shannon:grouphug:

Disney Geek Dad
05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Take all the time you need to get back to the show. Each week you have been there for us the listeners and we are there for you now and we will be there when you resume the podcast.

My heartfelt sympathy goes to Bob's wife Diana, his family, the podcast crew, and his many friends.

In Bob Varley we lost a great human being who will be missed but never forgotten!

lttlmc3
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Pete, I know that you know that you have all the support you need when you decide to go back to the podcast. I will also pray that you all have the strength and courage. Stay strong. We love you guys.

DebbieT11
05-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Sending warm, comforting thoughts your way, guys..... both to the podcast team, the Varley family, and the DisFamily......

We'll be here when you're ready. :goodvibes

disneycruise05
05-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Pete, please know that y'all mean so much to us. As others have said, we completely understand that it will take some time before y'all can do another show. I'm guessing the first Bawbless show is going to be extremely difficult for all of us...especially y'all. Whether that show is weeks, months, or even years away, please know that we will be here when you decide the time is right.

:hug:

concept5123
05-02-2008, 01:42 AM
take your time we will be here....

PrincessBelle39
05-02-2008, 01:54 AM
We'll all be still here waiting. Take your time.

BRobson
05-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Pete is was lovely to hear from you :hug: Take your time in coming back into the studio - we will all still be here :hug:

That is the great thing about the DIS - doesn't matter what time it is where you are there is always someone to talk to :thumbsup2

stitchlover
05-02-2008, 05:10 AM
We have decided to sell our home and purchase a new one so I haven't been on the board at all since last Friday. I just found out yesterday that Bob passed away. It is truly hard to explain to anyone that I am so touched and saddened by his pass because I never really new him but I felt like I did. I am thankful that my husband understood when I came to him with tears in my eyes yesterday morning.
When the podcast is back up and running I will be there. It will be so sad and pretty hard to listen to. I know it would be hard for the podcast crew but I hope the first show is a show in memory of him. Talking about their favorite moments on the show with him, going into the park with him and maybe replaying a few of their favorite show moments with him.
Best wishes to all of you. We will miss you until the show returns but everyone understands and we will be here waiting.

mattnkatsmum
05-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Whilst I am a regular podcast listener, I have never ventured to this part of the Boards before and checked in to find out why there has been no podcast this week. Of course, I am completely to shocked to hear the news of Bob.

I just wanted to add my condolences to Bob's family, friends and the rest of the Podcast crew. I love the Podcasts and in particular have always loved listening to the banter and dynamic of the group. Bob will be sorely missed, but I'm sure you can find the all find the strength and energy to continue with your amazing shows without Bob, yet in his memory.

Take all the time you need.

Mouse Skywalker
05-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Pete - I just wanted to say the Podcast will wait and is definitely not what I'm thinking about right now. I'm wondering how I can listen to the Podcast without Bawb, and I can only imagine how you all feel thinking about doing the Podcast without Bawb. We only got to "know" a small part of Bawb from the Podcasts. Thank you for sharing that side of him with us. You all knew the whole person, whole friend, and the loss is deep. Do not give the Podcast a second thought right now. Take care of yourself, take care of each other. This weekend is going to be very difficult for you all, and I want to WISH you strength. Hang in there...

DVC Kathy
05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Dear Pete,

Thanks so much for sharing your feelings with us. As everyone else has said, the Podcast Crew should take as much time as they need.

I plan to listen to all the old podcasts, even though I know I'll cry, but the thought of listening to a podcast without Bawb Varley is daunting.

I sent in an email late last week, and promised to follow up with a voicemail review of one of the local non-Disney hotels. I just can't do it. It's not even that I know the podcast will be on hiatus for an indefinite period of time, so it can wait. It just feels wrong to me. And I only met Bob once, and spoke to him for a few minutes.

I can't begin to imagine how the Podcast Crew feels about continuing with the podcasts. Don't think about it now. When the time is right, you'll all know.

Just take care of Dianer, and Brian, and the rest of the Varley family. But also, take care of Bob's other family - You & Walter, John & Kevin, Corey & Julie, Regina, Will, and all the other members of his DIS family.

Kathy

elemusing
05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for checking in Pete - it is good to "hear your voice" on the boards. Take all the time in the world. We will be here waiting for you when you return.

Here's some hugs for you and everybody. . . :hug: :hug: :hug:

fav's=mets&mickey
05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Pete, Corey, Julie, Kevin and John. You must take as long as you need too. I even think that you guys might want to do a show but once you sit down and try you will be moved and might not be able to complete the show or even start it for that fact. So please don't even announce when you guys are going to start to record the next show, just try and do it so that you guys have no pressure in putting one out because you have told us that you were going to record one. Just go ahead try to record and if you guys are able to then great. then let us know via the email listing that a new show will be up and we will definitly gather to hear your voices again.

Also I don't know if you would want to do this but maybe even as a tribute to Bob maybe change the day of the PODCAST to Monday since that is the day he passed away. A Great Man once said "they can't hit YA" so if you change the actual day of the Podcast we "....Can't Hit Ya."

jimmiej
05-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Pete,

I look forward to the podcast whenever you & the others are ready. Death is a part of life, but it's a real blow when it happens like this. My condolences to Bawb's family, the podcast team, & to all DISers who enjoyed his contributions to this great Disney community.

jimmiej

RJD
05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the post Pete. I can understand how hard it must be for the Team. Just thinking of listening to a podcast without Bob is sad--never mind for those who actually work with Bob on the podcasts. I for one will miss the podcasts and look forward to their return. To all of those who knew Bob personally as a friend, my thoughts are with you. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures that were posted of "Bawb".

DLBDS
05-02-2008, 01:30 PM
When you guys are ready to return to the 'roundtable', that's when we'll be ready to listen again. Until that time, I think we'll all (me and my fellow DISers) reminisce about Bawb by listening to past podcasts. I, for one, have enjoyed listening to them this week. It's just made it easier for me. I also want to say that....It'll be very difficult for some but.....I hope the meet on Sunday will be a fun celebration of Bawb's life and folks return to their homes with their spirits lifted. I think Bawb would like that.

Dallas_Lady
05-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I have been a member of the Disboards for a long time, but just started listening to the podcasts about a month ago. My heart goes out to all of you, and please take all the time you need. We totally understand. Thank you for all that you do around here.

God bless :hug:

DisDarling
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
((((((((((Pete)))))))) Hugs to all of you, I am so sorry again for your loss. I will keep praying for all of you and look forward to the day when you return. I truly believe when we hear the podcast again that it will be a sad but very healing experience.

Amy

HunnyBunny
05-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I can't say how sorry I am to all of you for your loss. I cannot begin to imagine and cannot find the right words to express what a devastating loss this means to you all. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tonya Denmark

tiberius
05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I think all of us out here can hope that all of the support for you out here reflects how much all of you touch our lives. I really hope all of the good will being posted here can help ease the pain in some small way as you all work your way through the loss of your dear friend. Take all the time you need before bringing back the podcast, one of the most loved parts of your podcasts is how you all feel like family to us; we all understand that your family needs some time for itself now. Your very extended family (i.e. us out here) will take care of ourselves here on the boards until you are ready again.

gojoe
05-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Bob you are already missed. Thank you for all the joy you brought into my life. I truly looked forward to the pod cast and shared your love of Disney. I know I will continue to look for you in the parks and I know I will always feel your presence when I am there. Thank you Bob.

Dizney_Fanatic
05-03-2008, 11:36 AM
To Pete,

I know how hard it is to express your feelings at a time like this. To the podcast team: take your time to cope with things. I just wanted to let you all know (even though you dont know me), I am always here to help no matter what.

DE2Disney
05-03-2008, 02:01 PM
:(:sad1:

DE2Disney
05-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Take as much time as you and the rest of the podcast team needs. We all understand. I'm personally really sad right now. Even though I never me Bob it feels like I've lost a good friend. In many ways, outside of my immediate family, I spend more time listening and laughing and loving life with you guys than I do with anyone on this planet. So, stay strong and know that there are countless people who care about you and are praying that you all get through the hurt that comes with such a terrible blow. We'll all we waiting for your return to the show. I know Bawb's spirit is anxiously waiting to listen, laugh and love life along with us.

God Bless!
Kevin Lucas
(DE2Disney)