PDA

View Full Version : October weather

sherreis
05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I just booked airfare to Orlando last night for Oct 15-21 for our vacation for this year. Don't know what we're going to be doing yet. DH thinks we're going to go visit with my aunt and uncle but I have other plans :rotfl:

I'm suffering from withdrawal as it's been since 11/06 that we've been to WDW and I'm thinking about possibly booking our stay there. What's the weather usually like in October? What are evenings like? When we were there Thanksgiving week it was absolutely freezing a couple of days - we had to wear our coats and I had to buy gloves.

Thanks. So nice to be posting here again.

geokeim
05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
It's very nice that time of year. 55/75
But last year it was hot until just before Halloween.
(global warming:lmao: )
So...your guess is as good as anybodies.

Have fun!

P.S. I assure you it will be better than, June, July, Aug. or Sept!

Bob P
05-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi,

Plug your dates in here for recent weather history. Welcome back!

http://www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp

Edited to add: I want to respectfully disagree with Geokeim...afternoon highs are usually in the low/mid 80s in mid-October.

sherreis
05-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks. Sounds like a great time of year. And, you're right about it not being July, August, September. I remember my first trip to WDW when I was 14 and it was August. Even then, I didn't like the weather at that time of year.

pruesmom
05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
We went a few years ago around October 10th and it was still very hot. 80-85 degrees. I remember my daughters makeup melting away from her face during the MNSSHP.

crusoe2
05-01-2008, 09:29 PM
We've only been once at that time of year but it was pretty warm during the day - definitely warm enough for shorts. Evenings were cool enough that a light jacket felt nice but that could have been because we were staying at WL and there was always a good breeze coming off the lake.

Lila95
05-01-2008, 10:28 PM
We have made two Halloween trips to WDW. In 2002 it was in the 80's every day and the nights were still very warm...shorts and t-shirt weather. In 2006 with was in the 70's and some nights got pretty chilly. We ended up buying sweat shirts at Epcot one night because it got so cold. I would deinately take some jeans and a jacket just in case.

Amy&Dan
05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
We have been three out of the last four October's. Last year was weird, it was raining a lot for the bulk of our trip. We were there from October 25 to November 2. The other two October's were much nicer, warm days (mostly 80's) and pleasant evenings. In 2005 Hurricane Wilma was approaching and we left the day before she passed over Orlando (she was a tropical storm by then). I think its pretty rare to have hurricanes, especially the further into October as you go. We love October, its nice and warm, generally not too humid (nothing like summer) and generally not a lot of rain. Its a great time to go to WDW with the Food and Wine Festival and the Halloween party. The nights are generally pleasant, we have often wanted a sweater or sweatshirt and just as often haven't. Even last year with the rain, it was still warm enough to swim in between showers.

I do have to add that while its less crowded than summer, October has really picked up. Fall breaks, Columbus Day, year round schooling, the F&W Festival and MNSSHP all help to bring more people in than used to come to WDW in the fall. But its still manageable and one of my favorite times to go!