PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whips around WDW in Bob's memory (with pics)

miss missy
05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Bob loved everything about WDW. There was not one inch he didn't find magical.

How about just a picture anywhere holding a Dole Whip? It doesn't have to be a specific spot that embodies Bob's love of Disney - more the whimsy and magic of it all.
A Dole Whip can represent your spending time with Bob around the park.

He would love knowing he was able to spend time with you enjoying a Dole Whip anywhere.

John

I like this idea! I bet Pete will put a special category ie. "Dole Whips around WDW in memory of Bob" in the DIS Community Photo Gallery section for the pics and we can all post them there. I have only one concern... THEY ARE GOING TO RUN OUT OF DOLE WHIPS!!!! ;)

I was thinking if we did the bench thing, what if they removed the bench one day :scared1: we would of had to do a spot that will never be gone, ya know. But this being it is the whole WDW and a Dole Whip :thumbsup2 I can see it now, pics of the someone with a Dole Whip on the train, monorail, on a bench, in front of Peter Pan, the Castle, everywhere in WDW ... how cool that is could be everywhere Bob loved, like John said ALL of WDW!! With a creative bunch like we have here, this could is sooo perfect to honor Bob's memory and keep his love for Disney going on- in his name!

Now I am getting excited, we can honor Bob by doing the things he loved best :goodvibes Going to WDW and getting DOLE WHIPS!!

What do you all think, we should all take a vote here ..."DOLE WHIPS AROUND WDW" I start with a big fat YES!!

Thanks John, for the wonderful idea!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

DVCsince02
05-01-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't even think it needs a vote. I'm sure the answer will be an overwhelming YES.

We'll be in the WDW from the 18-23 (17 days away). I'll be sure to post my picture enjoying every bite/sip.

dpuck1998
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I'll be there in 44 days and you can bet I'll be having a dole whip and taking pictures. Maybe we can get a sticky thread so we can post photos to it whenever we go.

TSWJan78
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I cannot wait to get my dole whip... We are not back to the world until July but keep your eyes open at fairs and carinvals this spring and summer.. we found Dole whips at a fair last year so you never know where they may pop up... and I know Bawb would want us to enjoy them everywhere!!

luna99
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
can you only get dole whips in the MK? I've never had one before.. but will be getting one every trip from now on! Are there different variations on dole whips?

Mrs Grumpy
05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
We are not going until Sept. 2009 but I will do it. I have never tried a Dole Whip so it will be my very first one.

tinkbutt
05-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll be there in 19 days and I will do this!!!!

DVCsince02
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
I think you can get them at the Poly too..... They come with either vanilla icecream or pineapple icecream.
Go over the bridge to Adventure Land from the hub, and the stand is on the right. Can't miss it.

WayfastWill
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Great minds think alike. Going to MK today to have me a Dole Whip for the first time. Bawb has inspired me to go get me one.

Thinking of you Bawb, don't worry I'll get you one!

DVCsince02
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Great minds think alike. Going to MK today to have me a Dole Whip for the first time. Bawb has inspired me to go get me one.

Will,
Take a picture and post it!

tinkbutt
05-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe we can get a locked pic thread for people to post their pics for years to come!

Tonya2426
05-01-2008, 10:43 AM

That's so thoughtful, Will. I know Bawb is up in heaven and thrilled that you are enjoing the MK in his memory. Will you be taking an impromptu nap also? :rotfl:

DLBDS
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
It gets my vote. I'll take a pic with my Dole Whip in front of the Aloha Aisle and post it here....in Sept. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Dole Whips!! Hope to start with Will's.

BRobson
05-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Enjoy it Will :thumbsup2

disneycruise05
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I think this is a great idea. We all know dole whips were one of the many things that Bawb loved about WDW...how can we forget the time he brought his dole whip trash to the studio?

I'll be at MK a week from today. You can guarantee that I'll be getting a picture of me and my dole whip.

carol1231
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Great idea!!

miss missy
05-01-2008, 11:57 AM

When I go in 2 weeks, it will be our first as well. Report back how is was!

wishspirit
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't like Dole whips, but my mom sure does!

I will get a picture with one, and hand it on over to mom!

She will be pleased!

It won't be till next year, but i WILL do it!

DexLabDeeDee
05-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Now I REALLY can't wait until our Sept trip! This will make it easier for me - I just need to be able to do something, anything! Thanks for the great idea!

zulemara
05-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I will be at WDW June 15-22nd and will be sure to have a dole whip and take a picture with it somewhere at WDW.

fav's=mets&mickey
05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I never had a DOLE WHIP before-----I know, what kind of disney fan am I.-----but my first will be to pay tribute to a GREAT MAN! Everyday in the park my first snack will be a DOLE WHIP.

PlutoGirl1117
05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I also have never had a Dole Whip, but come Dec I will get one in honor of Bob!

chirurgeon
05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to have my Dole Whip until December. At Mousefest. Anyone else going to be at Mousefest? We can organize a Dole Whip meet ourselves. A Bawb Dole Whip meet. How about it?

Kim

BRobson
05-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to have my Dole Whip until December. At Mousefest. Anyone else going to be at Mousefest? We can organize a Dole Whip meet ourselves. A Bawb Dole Whip meet. How about it?

Kim

Wouldn't that be great - A Bawb Dole Whip meet :hug:

*Robin*
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM
We're going in October, you can bet we'll have Dole Whips and Pics!!

:flower3:

Tonya2426
05-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Kim

That's a great idea!!! I'm in.

disneycruise05
05-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I love the Bawb Dole Whip Meet. Great name. I won't be at Mousefest, but love the idea.

isyt
05-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I would love to honor Bawb with a dole whip next week when I am there. I have been so sad about this and this is a great thing we can do to make sure he lives on in are hearts.

mommyceratops
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM

Will you got me crying again!!!!

I am picturing you sitting down in MK at a table by yourself with two dole whips.....Make sure you take a prop with you.

Pinky166
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
My vote is a YES!

I too have never had a Dole Whip but it is top of my must do list...I will be sure to make a 'toast' with it in memory of Bawb.

sconnell
05-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Of course I'm in.

I'll have my first one for Bob on May 9th!:goodvibes
(Though it's not my first one!)

bettyann29
05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I say yes!!

I'll be at MK later this month and I'll have 2 for Bawb!!

safetymom
05-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I had one at MK the other night. No one to take my picture though. Guess I will have to go back.

Annette_VA
05-01-2008, 03:16 PM
:thumbsup2 Great idea! I won't be in WDW until Cruise time. I'm sure I'll run into a crowd when I'm there getting my Dole Whip

maidenfairy
05-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I won't be in Mk until Christmas, but I will be sure to get a dole whip then.

Minnie Lor
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
I'll get my Dole Whip and toast Bawb on May 20.

LilGMom
05-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I'll be having my first Dole Whip, and toasting it, the week of May 11th.

Stacy's a freak
05-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I think there is even an ice cream place near home that claims to do something along the dole whip lines ... if it's somewhere close, I might even have a "local" dole whip in Bob's honor. ;) I mean ... I can't wait until December!

UrsulasShadow
05-01-2008, 05:13 PM
:thumbsup2 Great idea! I won't be in WDW until Cruise time. I'm sure I'll run into a crowd when I'm there getting my Dole Whip

I'll be right next to you, Annette.

Donaldfan81
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Great Idea!!! I'll be getting my Dole Whip with Pics August 31st.

Disneybridein2k3
05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I see a pre or post cruise Dole Whip meet in our future for the podcast cruise - what's everyone think? We'll get one of the Disney photographers to take a picture of us all holding our cups up in honor of Bawb...

drakethib
05-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I see a pre or post cruise Dole Whip meet in our future for the podcast cruise - what's everyone think? We'll get one of the Disney photographers to take a picture of us all holding our cups up in honor of Bawb...

Agree !!!!

3DisneyKids
05-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I love this idea and will certainly do it when we are there next.

amyhughes
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
I'll be there October 26th-November 2. OCtober 26th MNSSHP, anyone gonna be there to meet for a Dole Whip? We'll hit MK several times!

*Robin*
05-01-2008, 06:39 PM
I made a little tag, it's in the gallery if anyone wants to use it...but I would like to make a better one, does anyone have a great picture of a dole whip?:confused3

I'm having a heck of a time finding a good one...This one was a quick drawing in photoshop...I'd like to do it to make a little pin for my pin bag.

amyhughes
05-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Image no longer available

willis37862
05-01-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't like Dole whips, but my mom sure does!

I will get a picture with one, and hand it on over to mom!

She will be pleased!

It won't be till next year, but i WILL do it!

I don't like them either but I'm sure DH won't mind eating my dole whip for me :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2121/2458288974_89ae91c63d_t.jpg

How's this?

:thumbsup2 I think it's great!

Plutes
05-01-2008, 06:57 PM
In 14 trips to the World, I've yet to try a Dole Whip.

But, I will...this October...for Bob! :sad1:

LilGMom
05-01-2008, 07:18 PM
In 14 trips to the World, I've yet to try a Dole Whip.

But, I will...this October...for Bob! :sad1:

Don't feel bad. We've been going 2-3 times a year for the past ten years and I have yet to have one. I will be having one in less than two weeks though.

tinkbutt
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2227/2458311688_d5c224efbc_m.jpg

How's this?

ETA: Changed it so Dole Whip could be on the same line.

awesome!:thumbsup2

BeamsofLight
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I look forward to a dole whip for Bob in October! :goodvibes

*NikkiBell*
05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Great ideas. I love the bench though as well. I'll combine them both. I think I need something physical to rest my hand on for a second to feel better. Kind of like touching a memorial.

CastawayJP
05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
We'll be at Epcot on the 11th. I wish I could get one there. Before that we'll be on the Wonder for 3 nights. I'll have to find a way to pay tribute on the ship!

WayfastWill
05-01-2008, 08:42 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh141/klassic82/BobsWhip.jpg

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed doing this. It just felt right and I can't say this will be the last time I do this. Like I said before, I 've never had me a Dole Whip so yet again Bawb has introduced me to something else I will enjoy for years to come.

So me and Brian are sitting there enjoying our drinks talking stories about Bawb when I look over and see a small souviner booth right next to us, not even 30ft away. It took me a second to realize it said "Bwana Bob's". I knew just then that Bawb was looking over us and was happy for that moment. I nudged Brian and did a head nod, he looked over and back and you could tell he felt the same. I think this is definately something that Bawb would love, so please continue this if you think it would help you to connect with our friend.

miss missy
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed doing this. It just felt right and I can't say this will be the last time I do this. Like I said before, I 've never had me a Dole Whip so yet again Bawb has introduced me to something else I will enjoy for years to come.

So me and Brian are sitting there enjoying our drinks talking stories about Bawb when I look over and see a small souviner booth right next to us, not even 30ft away. It took me a second to realize it said "Bwana Bob's". I knew just then that Bawb was looking over us and was happy for that moment. I nudged Brian and did a head nod, he looked over and back and you could tell he felt the same. I think this is definately something that Bawb would love, so please continue this if you think it would help you to connect with our friend.

Awe thanks Will for sharing that. :goodvibes

BeamsofLight
05-01-2008, 08:47 PM
What a great moment. Thanks for sharing that. :goodvibes

kgibbler20
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Bob had already inspired me to try one and besides making sure to look for him in the parks I was going to try my first Dole Whip. I didn't know what it was, so I researched it here, and thought it sounded delicious. Now I too will be having my first Dole Whip this year and it will be in honor of Bob.

TSWJan78
05-02-2008, 05:20 AM
That is awesome Will.. I am so glad you and Brian did that togther.. I am sure in all of the times we have all visited the parks very few of us have ever noticed that sign... I will be looking for it in the future.

*Robin*
05-02-2008, 06:47 AM

DLBDS
05-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Aw, thanks for that Will. I need to go dry my eyes now.....

*Robin*
05-02-2008, 07:22 AM

Will, that picture got me...what a great thing...I'm glad you got to do this!:hug:

DebšošS
05-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Nice idea:thumbsup2 I'm heading to the MK after the meet Sunday for a Dole Whip for Bob. Like to join me?

SamSam
05-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Will - that is perfect and you are right Bawb would have loved this.

ScubaD
05-02-2008, 08:53 AM
This sounds great, I too will lift one for Bob.

But what if there was a special time every day for purchasing our Dole Whips, say 2 PM (must not spoil dinner). Then at 2 PM every Podcast fan there can toast Bob and the gang together. Eventually 2PM can be known as "Bawb Time".

My DW and I will raise our Whip the week of July 20th.

timmac
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
But what if there was a special time every day for purchasing our Dole Whips, say 2 PM (must not spoil dinner). Then at 2 PM every Podcast fan there can toast Bob and the gang together. Eventually 2PM can be known as "Bawb Time".

2pm sounds like prime napping time, so I'd say that's definitely Bawb Time :)

mommyceratops
05-02-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll be right next to you, Annette.

I am with you Mindy and Annette.....

Although DS5 informed today that we have to go down today.....he wants to go find Bawb.....now I got myself crying again.....

Twitterpated Dad
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks to everyone who had a hand in all these wonderful art projects. I'm sure Bawb is smiling.

mommyceratops
05-02-2008, 10:52 AM

Thanks Will for sharing with us Will!! That is awesome....I really want to go have a Dole Whip for Bawb and I feel like I did seeing your pic.

I am planning our trip as I can get down there.....It has to be before the cruise now.

Madi100
05-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I think it' super. Bob inspired me to have my first one, and I wiil think of him when I have my next one.

sconnell
05-02-2008, 11:33 AM
2pm sounds like prime napping time, so I'd say that's definitely Bawb Time :)

We'll be napping at 2pm at POFQ! :lmao: But we'll have ours at another time of day...

timmac
05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
We'll be napping at 2pm at POFQ! :lmao: But we'll have ours at another time of day...

What better tribute than a nap? :)

MomofKatie
05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
DD and I will be hoisting our Dole Whips in honor of Bawb on 5/9. We'll take pics and remember our dear Podcast friend as we enjoy them (we might even bring back Dole Whip trash to DH in NC).

disneygrlkat
05-02-2008, 08:28 PM
This is a great idea, and thanks for posting those pictures Will :)