PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...

ericafny
05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
So I just switched my reservation AGAIN! I think I am insane because I just booked a standard club level room at AKL (savanaha view!)...oh man DBF is going to FREAK OUT. He has been dying to stay at AKL..

Please tell me its OK to tell him a little white lie on the price difference:rolleyes1

kaffinito
05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
RE: "Please tell me its OK to tell him a little white lie on the price difference"

Ok - I will,

It's OK to tell him a little white lie on the price difference!:goodvibes

All's fair in love and Disney!

Karen :flower3:

Cass_Eh
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
I did the same thing, only with my best friend. But thats what we wanted, so tell him the little lie and watch his face when you get into your room!

RMulieri
05-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Hey, Dh still does not know exactly how much this trip is costing. ;)

Crisgw
05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
It sure is! I shaved 1000 off our trip price :lmao: when I told DH :rotfl:

ericafny
05-01-2008, 10:06 AM
HAHAHA...ok ok even if you guys didn't tell me it's ok I would have still told him the lie. It's good to know that I have approval from my DIS'er friends though:rotfl:

So now, can anyone tell me how AKL club level is??

tiger4me2
05-01-2008, 02:45 PM
LOL tell him a lie or just don't say anything lol. I am heading down May 13th so I will leave a trip report when I get back if I don't forget ;) Don't forget to do the sunrise safarii

pruesmom
05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Sure, have fun and be quiet! He'll never know! ;)

lilyv
05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, before I went into detail about the price difference, I made sure DH knew about the free breakfast, snacks, appetizers and drinks. ;)
Less than 5 months before our trip to AKL-CL...but who's counting? :rotfl2:

dlz
05-01-2008, 03:08 PM
My position is that they all secretly hope that we do exactly what you did, that's why once you're there, you will never hear him ask exactly how much that room was! Mine actually just demanded we try concierge this time. What the heck is going on around here? When he asked if the difference was much, I simply said, "no, not really especially when you think about everything we're getting for that"! Ha, I booked club level that very hour! Love it. Have fun, Animal Kingdom is my absolute favorite.

KatMark
05-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Absolutely tell a little white lie or tell him nothing. I never tell my DH how much our trip actually costs! :rotfl2:

AllyGirl_79
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
My best friend and I have gone to WDW once and DL twice together. She insists on paying half of the room, but she's always doing really nice things for me and she's limited by a military salary. She knows I like looking for discounts on the DIS, but to hear her tell it, I can get Disney stays for practically nothing with all my research. Why? Because I told her that her half of the bill at the Poly and the DL Hotel was ... ummm ... a bit less than my credit card bill might indicate.

Just my little secret. ;)

Well, until she told her co-workers, and I had to research their trips and then claim that the discounts are really unpredictable. :eek: Not entirely untrue, though, as discounts are really unpredictable.

So, yeah, lie. I haven't been struck by lightning yet.

lilyv
05-01-2008, 06:40 PM
My best friend and I have gone to WDW once and DL twice together. She insists on paying half of the room, but she's always doing really nice things for me and she's limited by a military salary. She knows I like looking for discounts on the DIS, but to hear her tell it, I can get Disney stays for practically nothing with all my research. Why? Because I told her that her half of the bill at the Poly and the DL Hotel was ... ummm ... a bit less than my credit card bill might indicate.

Just my little secret. ;)

Well, until she told her co-workers, and I had to research their trips and then claim that the discounts are really unpredictable. :eek: Not entirely untrue, though, as discounts are really unpredictable.

So, yeah, lie. I haven't been struck by lightning yet.

I think your "Allygirl pin code" discount is sweet. You're a very nice friend.
If her co-workers can't match, well, we all know it's hard to land one of those codes. Tell 'em to keep calling CRO. :laughing:

danceintherain
05-01-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm sure I will lie at some point while trying to please someone going with me. This time it won't work, because it's my honeymoon and he's paying for the trip.
Though AKL Concierge does sound wonderful, and I might end up there...

I've changed my mind so many times that I really think the prices have started to look lower...some how $335 for a AKL Concierge room seems inexpensive when compared to a Honeymoon Suite at the Poly.

ericafny
05-01-2008, 07:47 PM
LOL tell him a lie or just don't say anything lol. I am heading down May 13th so I will leave a trip report when I get back if I don't forget ;) Don't forget to do the sunrise safarii

Have a great time and I will be sure to look for your TR! Yes I think I finally talked him into sunrise safari (couldn't hide the price of that but he admits its worth it)...:goodvibes

ericafny
05-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Well, before I went into detail about the price difference, I made sure DH knew about the free breakfast, snacks, appetizers and drinks. ;)
Less than 5 months before our trip to AKL-CL...but who's counting? :rotfl2:

That is so funny because I made sure to tell him all about the free food too! When I mentioned the wine and cheese in the evening his ears really perked up! Men...such simpletons :lmao:

ericafny
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
OK ladies...the funniest part about my post is that as I sit here typing this DBF is sitting on the couch watching baseball...he has no clue what I am writing!! :rotfl:

mickeymyfavorite
05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
tell him that the DISBOARDS made you do it :lmao:

Crisgw
05-01-2008, 08:33 PM
That is so funny because I made sure to tell him all about the free food too! When I mentioned the wine and cheese in the evening his ears really perked up! Men...such simpletons :lmao:

:lmao: My DH (who isn't a "Disney" kind of guy) just wanted to make sure we're going to "eat at that steakhouse he heard about in Epcot" (Le Cellier)....lucky for him, I'm a planner and we have an ADR :rotfl:

ericafny
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
tell him that the DISBOARDS made you do it :lmao:

Yes, somehow that excuse keeps on working! I'm a fellow Long Islander also, from Mineola (Nassau)...I see you are from Deer Park...not too far from me.:goodvibes

PeachesDoesHair
05-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I never tell dh how much the total package is. It's always, "oh, the flights are only this much...the hotel was only this much....dining, well, we will save this much money by doing this." He never really seems to add it all up...lol. I say go for it and enjoy the look on his face when you get to your room.

MissionMouse
05-02-2008, 08:32 AM
That is so funny because I made sure to tell him all about the free food too!...Even funnier too, since you clearly paid for the food by selecting a club category room...its part of the room rate-even a discounted room rate.

SuAnne
05-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I must admit I'm guilty of the same thing. We are staying at AKL (Club Level) with free dining in August. My mom is coming as well and wants to pay half. Her idea of a good deal and mine are completely different and she would :scared1: if she knew the real cost, so I will just tell her that her half is something I know she would be comfortable with. I don't mind though since she does so much for us that I could never repay her for and I know she will love AKL:love:

goinback
05-02-2008, 09:00 AM

When I told my DH we were going for a Family suite for Free Dining, he almost foiled my little scheme by asking how much more it would cost us , but I quickly threw him off the trail by pointing out that we would have our own bedroom so we could.....uh...... "sleep";) on the trip! That was enough for him! "Sleep";) , and free food, cover his basic needs in life so he is a happy man! (and he has not asked again about the cost!):rotfl: :rotfl:

BellaNoche
05-02-2008, 10:35 PM
When I told my DH we were going for a Family suite for Free Dining, he almost foiled my little scheme by asking how much more it would cost us , but I quickly threw him off the trail by pointing out that we would have our own bedroom so we could.....uh...... "sleep";) on the trip! That was enough for him! "Sleep";) , and free food, cover his basic needs in life so he is a happy man! (and he has not asked again about the cost!):rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: I think my DH could live on "sleep";) alone!!!:rotfl2:

ericafny
05-03-2008, 04:36 PM
:lmao: :lmao: I think my DH could live on "sleep";) alone!!!:rotfl2:

ALL men could live on "sleep" alone...:lmao:

Crisgw
05-03-2008, 04:40 PM
ALL men could live on "sleep" alone...:lmao:

:lmao: SO true. Even switching to AKL Club level from Poly, my DH STILL doesn't know how much it all REALLY is.... I'll just let him "sleep" a bit more :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: