PDA

View Full Version : AP Discount during value season

maxie
05-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Trying to calculate whether it's worth buying 1 AP to get a discount. And yes I realize that there is no guarantee of a room discount but historically there has been one during the period we are going.

Can anyone tell me approximately how much a room at the Y and B Club would be with an AP discount the first 2 weeks of February? Just an rough idea. Without knowing past (and possible) discounts it's hard to tell whether it would be worth it or not for us.

fla4fun
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM
It's been about a year since I used an AP discount at either BC or YC, but it seems like it was about 30% or so. I've had AP discounts as low as 20% and as high as 40%. They don't always make the same offer, so it's hard to predict what you might get.

I would recommend that you monitor the release of the AP discount codes and if the rate looks good, book it. You don't have to have the AP to book the room (at least by phone - you do have to at least have the voucher if you want to book online) and then you can buy the AP when you arrive if it worked out well for you. I would never recommend that someone buy an AP hoping that they would get a good discount. The AP is really just admission - anything else is icing on the cake.

maxie
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you for your reply! I may just have to wait it out and see.

jeremysdisneymom
05-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I am planning to buy an AP as we are going more than once in the coming year. Is there a place where you can get the historical AP discounts and the time period?

danceintherain
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
The Mousesavers site has when discounts have been offered in the past, but they don't list the exact discount because prices and discounts vary over the years.

(http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codechart)

I'm planning on waiting until about 3 months before my trip to decide if I want to purchase an Annual Pass beforehand, or simply upgrade when I get there. It will depend on what discounts are offered for my time frame. If a really good discount is offered for the general public for a package then I'll get the package and upgrade when I get there. If an Annual Pass room-only code is released, then I will book that instead and buy an AP voucher before I go.

AP discounts are usually released before general public discounts. Although people say the AP discount is usually better than the general public discounts, I'll probably wait until after the general public discount is released before I finalize my plans and buy the AP voucher.