PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about offering a trade for my WL CY BB Room...is this a mistake?

My2QTs
05-01-2008, 08:07 AM
We are staying in the WL in Oct. and we have a CY room booked with bunks. I really wanted a woods view to save the extra money. Do you think I would be making a mistake giving up my CY for a woods view? I really don't think I care much what I see from my balcony cause I don't really plan to be there much...that being said, maybe I SHOULD care....I don't know....opinions please. We are going October 19-26. Thanks.

pepe of ohio
05-01-2008, 09:22 AM
We've stayed there many of times, with views and without. Worst place to be is woods view in that service alley, too noisy day and night. We really like the CY view, pool especially, paying extra for it, sometimes it's worth it, nothing better than sitting on the balcony, drink in hand and watching all the people or just sitting there watching it rain. We'll plan CY if we're not doing alot of extra money taking things on property, say MNSSHP or MVMCP then the cost is justified to us. We do lengthy stays and it does add up, I know when we have the woods view, we never use the balcony but do when we have the CY view. We do spend alot time at the resort, we're not just there to shower and sleep so we do pay most times for it.

jesters
05-01-2008, 10:53 AM
we had a woods view on our last trip and it was great! I asked for a 'quiet' room and we got one! It was room 2020. And at night I could see some of the fireworks at MK. I loved the location, and would always book woods view. If my kids were able to look out on the pools, that would be the only place they'd want to go. This way we bypass the pools and get right out to our bus.

ashlansmom
05-01-2008, 08:21 PM
We just returned today from the WL and had a great Woods View. I was concerned because of all I had read on here about service areas, etc , but we got a great room. We were in room 3010- it was a lagoon view, we could see fireworks over the tree tops every night and we had ducks and bunnies below to watch all morning and day.... which our 18 month old especially loved.... Since we spent more time in our room than most, what with naptime and earlier bedtimes and all, we were glad to have a quiet balcony to read on. I can say that the CY view will be noisier than a good woods view room. We hit the lotto with our room, it was perfect for our needs with a napping 18 month old! Also, the end of that wing is great because it is close to the boat docking area and there is a door at the end of that wing with access to the walkway to the boat. You can take the stairs, or go to the elevator and then down the hall, but it's very convenient that way.

tgropp
05-02-2008, 08:26 AM
You should be reminded that there are 2 different courtyard views. One is looking over the main pool and the lake and the other looks over the villa pool which IMHO is not worth paying a courtyard view. Before the villas existed, these rooms were woods view, but Disney seeing the chance to make extra money made these courtyard view rooms.

alldiz
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Yes....if you stay with CY....make sure you note on your ressie....NOT overlooking villas.

If you go to woods view....make your 1st request a quiet location.

I personally love the CY view...but if you won't be out there much....save your money....anyway you might get a free upgrade:goodvibes
Kerri