PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Moderate and why

DreaminDisney
05-01-2008, 07:38 AM
We stayed at CSR in December and loved it. We're planning another trip for next year and trying to decide where to stay. Since we don't get to visit WDW as often as we'd like, we like to check out other resorts.

DS will be 12 and DD will be 9. What do you recommend?

Lilolvr
05-01-2008, 08:02 AM
CSR is my favorite but if I was going to visit another one, I would try CBR with the new pool going in and get a preferred room location.

KatMark
05-01-2008, 08:05 AM
CSR is our favorite (we will be staying for the 7th time in September). We have visited all of the other moderates, and the only other one we would consider staying at if we were not happy at the CSR would be the POFQ. We love the size and the layout of the resort.

boxer
05-01-2008, 08:28 AM
We've stayed at CSR, POR, CBR, and POP on our visits. Of the 10+ trips, most stays were at the POR, as that is by far our favorite moderate. It doesn't even seem like a hotel----much more like a resort. The grounds are awesome, and don't listen to anyone that says it's spread out-----the walks are easy to make since the grounds are so nice. You have the boat to DTD, the evening entertainment, the pool (which is under-rated if you ask me), many quiet pools scattered over the property, etc.

POR is our definte favorite with CSR being a close second.

singingpixie
05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
I haven't stayed there yet, but we picked POR. Looking at pictures, the landscaping looks truly beautiful, and I'm excited at the chance to see wildlife when we head out in the morning.

Honestly, it looks like most of the moderate resorts are pretty similar in terms of setup and amenities- I'd say look at some pictures and see what looks like it would appeal most to you!

MJMcBride
05-01-2008, 09:10 AM
I always like the CBR. I like the atmosphere.

darrengs
05-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I have stayed at every moderate except CBR so I cannot comment on it.

All of the moderates have great theming so to me that is a wash.

My favorite is POFQ (going for free dining), here is my list in order:

POFQ (12/2004)- Small size, no matter which building you are a short walk from the bus,pool and main building. First bus stop on way to and from parks. Boats to DTD are nice but not a make or break in my book.

POR (8/2002,8/1998,8/1997)- Very nice grounds, no matter which building you are in you will be close to one of the bus stops and one of the pools. You may be far from the main building and main pool. Does have a sit down restaurant and marina, also the boats to DTD.

CSR (6/2001)- You should be close to one of the bus stops. However, you may be far from the main building and close to the main pool and arcade or vice-versa.

In my opinion no matter where you stay it will be nice.

Dallas_Lady
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
This question gets asked all the time. You will find that the answer varies from person to person.

I have stayed at POR, CSR and CBR. POR was my favorite, but it only edged out CSR because I liked the double sinks in the room. Otherwise, I enjoyed them both equally.

I had a good time at CBR, but I didn't like it as much. I didn't like that you could see Bonnet Creet and Pop from CBR- it kind of took me out of the fantasy. I also did not like how the check in building is separate from the food court.

loonytoony
05-01-2008, 10:04 AM
POR because of the boat to DTD. Very nice ride.

cm wannabe
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Our favorite Mod is POFQ, because of some mobility issues with myself, the compactness of the resort is great. Also the landscaping and the boat ride to DTD is very relaxing. First on first off with the buses is nice even though they share a bus que at MK. Hope this helps

Aimbier31
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
i stayed a cbr a couple of years ago and it was amazing it has the tropical feel(well duh) and there's an island in the middle that u can relax on. and each area has a different island theme. i am staying at pofq so idk how that is it sounds nice though

buzznina
05-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Our order of mods goes like this:
POFQ
POR
CSR
CBR
Port Orleans: Like having two resorts for the price of one, two sinks and boat to DTD is why we rate it above CSR.
CSR: Best pool of mods (at least until CBR reopens their pool).
CBR: We live in the Florida panhandle with very beautiful white beaches, so the theme does not do anything for us.

Mickey23
05-01-2008, 11:29 AM
If you want a relaxing atmosphere, a great pool and awesome transportation, then CSR is the place. The grounds are well maintained, the views are spectacular and the CM's are the best. :thumbsup2

cheerforchelsea
05-01-2008, 01:09 PM
My favorite moderate - CBR - by far!!! I love the feeling of being in the Bahamas!! (Only staying at POR this month at granddaughter's request - and CBR pool is closed until Sept)....

nikki'smom
05-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Definitely CSR! Everything has been mentioned but the main pool area is fantastic. My kids love the slide. The transportation is the best I've experienced at any WDW resort.

4KsLUVDisney
05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
We have stayed at CBR numerous times along with other Disney resorts and CBR is by far our favorite. The atmosphere is wonderful. It is quiet but still lots of fun. The rooms are larger than most of the mods and the food court is wonderful. There would be something at the food court that everyone would want to eat. Plus if you have kids the kids meals at the food court come in sand pails with shovels. Great to take to the beach for the kids to play. Also at night when Illuminations is going on at Epcot you can see it from the beach near Port Royal there.

Can't wait to go stay there next summer when the new pool is done.

Atchley
05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
We love the beachy feel of CBR! Since we don't actually go to the beach while we are in FL, we like the tropical feel of it. We would have actually stayed there this year too, but are waiting until the new pool in done. Kids can't wait. I have pictures from 06 below.

NikiM20
05-01-2008, 05:47 PM
This will be our first time at a Mod , but we chose CSR because of the beautiful pictures and awesome reviews

Buzz2001
05-01-2008, 07:41 PM
CSR because the main pool area is great, the transportation is the best and the food options are terrific. You won't find a bigger, better selection and if you on the DDP, it the best CS location. You can get a rib eye steak for CS credit. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.

chickenskin
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
POR, theming and value.

DreaminDisney
05-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Would anyone like to post pics of their stays at any of the Moderates?

CampbellScot
05-02-2008, 07:59 AM
another vote for POFQ!! Compact size, boat to DTD, great bus service (first picked up and dropped off), wonderful theming, fun pool, great food...everything about it is great.

I'll tell you what else...at the end of a long day at the parks the LAST thing I want to do is have to schlep a long distance to get to my room once we make it to the resort...Every other mod is VERY spread out. CSR has its own internal shuttle system b/c it's spread out so far. It's nice to know that every building at POFQ is close to the bus stops and food court. It's like being in a Deluxe...with outdoor hallways!!!:lmao:

It's a wonderful resort!:thumbsup2

LoraJ
05-02-2008, 08:20 AM
We've stayed at CBR & CSR and prefer CBR. It's just so relaxing there. Love the beach areas and the hammocks. We stayed in the Jamaica section and enjoyed the walk to the main building. The buses weren't an issue for us because we rent a car. We did take the bus to Pleasure Island at night though and it was fine.

If we stay at a mod again, CBR is where we will stay. DH has no desire to stay at POFQ/POR not sure exactly why, but he grew up in New Orleans, so I guess he prefers the real thing. And he doesn't want to go back to CSR because of the golf carts and how you have to constantly watch out for them and have to dive off the path when they come by. Didn't find that relaxing.

ObsessedwiththeMouse
05-02-2008, 08:26 AM
I love the POR then CBR....can't stand CSR, but that's just me.

I love the pool at POR and the entire atmosphere.....Like another poster said, it feels like a "resort"...the landscaping is beautiful and I get an overall peaceful feeling walking through the resort.

Good luck!

KatMark
05-02-2008, 08:58 AM
We found the food courts at the POR/POFQ to be much better than the one at the Caribbean. We went to the one at the Caribbean and only two of the stations were even open and the food we had was not good at all.

labattblue
05-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Would anyone like to post pics of their stays at any of the Moderates?
pics and review from our recent stay at POFQ...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1798568

DreaminDisney
05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
pics and review from our recent stay at POFQ...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1798568

Thnaks labattblue! Very nice pics!

Amy&Dan
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
CBR is my choice. I have stayed at all of them and enjoyed them all very much. But the tropical theming, the lovely buildings, slightly larger rooms, the views of Illuminations and the overall fantasic service we received all made our stay wonderful. We also had the best bus service we have ever had at CBR. To me, it was like I didn't want to leave the resort to go to the parks!

We ate at the food court at least one meal per day for our nine day stay and all stations were always open and running. It doesn't have the variety that the Pepper Market has but it worked for our family (our kids want a burger not a ribeye) great.

disneyfan61
05-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Another vote for POFQ. Love it & will be there again in 3 weeks. Also stayed at CBR & was ok but hated all the stops withing the resort.

catbertdave99
05-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Returning to the resort in the middle of the afternoon is like taking a vacation from our vacation! Beaches, hammocks, steel drum music.....:cool1:

kate&sarahsdad
05-03-2008, 07:05 AM
CSR is our family favorite resort.

mom2taylorandemily
05-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, count us as another vote for CBR!!! We love the vacation in a vacation feel of the resort!!! It is so lush with the landscaping and the rooms are larger than any of the other Mods, and we find the food court to be quite adequate. They have a good selection especially for Breakfast and Dinner. My kids are excited to see what the new pool will look like!! Hopefully, it will have a Pirate theme. pirate:

Doc CW
05-03-2008, 04:43 PM
POFQ cause it is the smallest moderate and has a great pool and food court, great bus service, and boat to Downtown Disney its perfect

Nancyg56
05-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I can only comment on POFQ and CBR. I liked POFQ much better than CBR. It was smaller, quainter, quieter. I cannot say that I did not like CBR, it was pretty, the beaches were inviting, the views were pretty and the service and CM's excellent, it just was not POFQ.

dalstitch45
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I have stayed at all of the moderates, and my list goes like this:

POR-By far my favorite. I love the atmosphere there.
CBR-Second favorite. There are no elevators there either.
CSR-Third favorite. My grown DS loves the Digg site.
POFQ-really don't care for this one.

I have always liked POR. Most of the time I go, POR is sold out first. I love everything about it. Love the boat to DTD. Love the lazy atmosphere.

The CBR is nice, and I stay there quite a bit also. We are going at the end of May, and decided not to stay there since the main pool is closed. Sometimes I don't feel like waiting for bell services to bring my luggage, so the absence of an elevator is felt when dragging your bags up the stairs. However, I do like the beach feel.

The CSR is more of a convention hotel, and sometimes it can be very noisy. In any event, it is still a very nice resort. It's the closest moderate to AK, my favorite park. I do like the double sinks, though.

I stayed at POFQ twice, and hated it both times. We had issues with people coming in from the doorway for the adjoining rooms. The locks apparently were not working. This happened on both stays.

I like all of the moderates except POFQ. It depends on which resort theme you like best. Mickey, soon and very soon I'll be seeing you again.:banana: :cool1:

TinkerKel
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
We stayed at CSR last March for the first time and loved it! DH and I always find the guest service to be great at WDW, but we felt it was above and beyond at CSR. We also really liked the pool and LOVED Pepper Market. We have also stayed at POFQ and CBR. POFQ was really nice, we liked it very much and would absolutely go back. We were less thrilled with CBR - it wasn't bad, but it lacked something for us. Although I would be interested in checking it out with a new pool...
It's Disney, so wherever you go will be great, but my vote would be for CSR. Have a great trip! :yay:

DrDeb
05-04-2008, 04:02 PM
POR by far-- did not like CBR-- noisy and the bus seemed to take SO long with the individual stops -- POR laid back and gracious-- but not for everyone IMO

skipperkim
05-04-2008, 07:05 PM
I'd have to say POFQ is my favorite. It's small, has night time entertainment, and a boat to DTD. It has its own bus stop at MK in the evening and beignets in the food court.