PDA

View Full Version : How is the french quarter

Aimbier31
04-30-2008, 03:37 PM
hello i have been to wdw five times so i know a lot about it and this year i am staying at the port orleans french quarter, i was just wondering how is it there? and any tips?:goodvibes

Aimbier31
04-30-2008, 03:47 PM
does anyone have any pictures they can share too? my computer wouldn't give me the virtual tour. ty

diberry
04-30-2008, 03:54 PM
POFQ is wonderful - our favourite resort - so far! Have you seen this thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=530340
and this one
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1710778

Amy&Dan
04-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I love Port Orleans French Quarter! To me the whole resort is just so full of charm, the buildings and grounds are so pretty. And the compact size is also very nice. Its also picked up and dropped off first when it shares busses with Port Orleans Riverside. We enjoyed the food court for a few meals and of course being so close to Downtown Disney via a very relaxing boat ride is another huge plus.

Check out www.allearsnet.com for their photos. They have a whole slide show for POFQ.

Have a great trip!

Tink888
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Haven't stayed in the POFQ rooms but spent a lot of time there when we stayed at POR. Beautiful grounds, quiet. Nice boat ride to DD. I loved walking along the cobble-stoned streets. Loved the food court. If you get a chance, try the beignets. They are SO yummy and POFQ food court is the only place at Disney where you can get them! Have a wonderful trip. :)

jess20k
04-30-2008, 04:53 PM
We LOVED it! It is our favorite mod, and we have stayed at all of them so far except for CSR.

It is a lovely property, and the big plus is that the size is very convenient. Nothing is too far from point to point, but you still have a quiet atmosphere.

We wanted to stay at AKL in 2009, but decided to stay 10 nights at a mod versus 7 nights at the AKL...so, we are going back to POFQ! We were really impressed with it!

minniemee
04-30-2008, 05:04 PM
POFQ is our favorite moderate! We are staying there for the third time in June. We love it because everything is just a short distance away (food court, gift shop, pool, lobby, bar). Then there is the wonderful boat ride to DTD, which we take 3-4 times every trip, gotta get all those souvenirs!!:woohoo:
We also like the pool theme and the decor, landscaping, etc... Then there are those delicious beignets served in the food court!:worship: Hmmmm, beignet or oatmeal for breakfast, the beignet wins every time!:rolleyes:

tomerin
04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
we stayed there in july and i was impressed with this resort. i loved how the resort was themed, it was just beautiful to just walk around. the bus stop, shop and restaurant were close, minutes away from the furthest room.

as a dvc owner and this was our first stay at a moderate, i felt this resort was a great value and a wonderful place to stay.

Aimbier31
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
ty everyone hopefully my stay there will be great