PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy theme park tickets at the resorts?

shoppgirl
04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I do not have my theme park tickets yet. I was hoping to buy them locally from my Canadian Disney store, but they do not have any 5 day base tickets left. I don't know if they will get any in with all the changes to management/ownership of the Disney Store chain.

Anyways, is it possible to purchase your theme park tickets AT the resort (specifically the Grand Floridian) when you check in? I currently have a room only reservation and did not do a package. I do not want to buy online from a US site right now (ie undercovertourist). I have read that the savings are minimal anyways.

Thanks for any info!

Dallas_Lady
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes, they can add them to your room key. If they see you have a room-only reservation, they will almost certainly ask you if you need to buy tickets.

geokeim
04-30-2008, 02:21 PM
You can buy them. However you have to exchange them at the ticket window of the park you go into anyway, so I never really found much advantage to it, if you weren't getting some type of discount. That said, the good news is, because most everyone already HAS their tickets, your wait time is usually minimal.

Have fun!:cool1:

PrincessTrisha
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes, you can buy them from your resort.

But (and I am a fellow Canadian) I had no problems getting my tickets from undercover tourist - they arrived quickly with no additional fees or delay.

logan115
04-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Although it costs more than going thru a UT or another broker, we're going to get out tickets at the resort (SSR) and have them (and the DDP) added to our room keys. While it will cost us about $40 more in total for the three of us, I think it's worth it to pay $40 to not have to worry about forgetting the tickets at home :lmao: and not having to hold 6 cards everywhere we go instead of 3.

Chris