PDA

View Full Version : What is a good building at Sports?

corvair
04-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi...we have been to disney 15 times but never stayed at any of the all-stars...we will be at sports in June....we do not have a preferred room, which I think is Surfs up..

What is a good building to request..I was thinking maybe Touchdown area?
Any info would be great.

Thanks...amy

maciemouse
04-30-2008, 12:13 PM
I am not totally sure but I believe touchdown section is preferred too. I could be wrong. Also just to warn you, there is a big play area in front of the touchdown section. People play ball there all day and night. It can be loud. We stayed in Batter up building and we loved it. We were right next to the pool and it was so cute. Just like a baseball field. It was very quiet, had close parking, and the walk was not that far from the main building.

beccasmom
04-30-2008, 12:25 PM
We stayed there only once when it first opened, but Surf's Up was not too bad....it was near the main buildings anyway. Some of the rooms face the pool area and that can be loud.

MrsJackSparrow
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
We just stayed in the baseball section this past September. Our room faced the parking lot, second floor on the back side of the building. It was so peaceful and quite! With being so close to the parking lot, it made it easier to use buses and food courts at the other All Star Resorts. :cool1:

corvair
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
thanks for the replies...we will have a car so do you think that homerun would be better that touchdown? I dont' want to be too far away...I gotta have that morning coffee :coffee:

MrsJackSparrow
04-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Touchdown building 7 and Home Run 8 and 9 are actually bordering the parking lot, but Touchdown 10 is not a far walk by any means. This is not a sprawling resort. Are you going to be driving to the parks each day? We found the bus service to be just fine, but parking was not a problem at all either. Have a great time!

michelle1
04-30-2008, 03:16 PM
We stayed in the touchdown building facing the playing field and didn't find it noisy at all. It wasn't preferred when we stayed and found it to be good spot since it was a short distance to both pools and the food court.

Tinks1984
04-30-2008, 03:19 PM
We were in Touchdown building 10 last week and thought it was fine. Really good location. Only took two minutes to walk from our room to the food court, couldn't ask for more really.

Easy access to the main pool also, along with the 'quieter' pool too (which is at present closed for a refurb). I'd ask for there again when we go back :thumbsup2