PDA

View Full Version : A Mousekeeping Tipping ???

EJKONZ
04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
My adult daughter and I will be staying at SSR for six nights in June (girls trip, whoo-hoo!!:cheer2: ) and wonder what tipping protocol for the "home away from home" resorts might be. We generally stay in one of the moderates (CBR, POR, etc.) and tip $5.00 per day. There is a lot more space to clean in the villas ... should we tip more? We are very neat and tidy and never leave a mess but still appreciate the service and have always had mousekeepers respond with extra towels, coffee, shampoos, etc. which is really nice. Just wondering. :confused3

Amy&Dan
04-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I assume you are staying on cash and therefore getting daily maid service? If so, whether you are in a one bedroom or studio, for just the two of you I think $5 is fine. The studio's at SSR aren't much bigger than a moderate and even the one bedrooms aren't so big that I think a bigger tip is warranted on a daily basis.

If you are staying on points (your own or someone elses) you won't get daily maid service. In that case, for a one bedroom I generally leave $10 on my last day when I know they will have to clean and turn around the whole unit. For a studio, I still just do $5 since there's no kitchen to clean. For the trash and towel service I generally give around $3 for that. But again, if you are paying cash, you will receive the standard daily maid service you get at the mods.

Enjoy SSR, its a lovely resort!

cmc
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
How much should I leave for a moderate? Do I leave money everyday?

Amy&Dan
04-30-2008, 01:02 PM
How much should I leave for a moderate? Do I leave money everyday?

I think the standard tip is $1 per person per day. For my family of four I usually leave $5 just because its easier for me! I just make sure I have a $5 for each day of my stay beforehand so I am no scrambling in the morning to leave the tip.

Mouseaholic!!!
04-30-2008, 01:27 PM
The tipping guidelines from the authority - Emily Post.....

We always tip well - perhaps we make up for those who leave no tips. In any event....we always have very good service.

TRAVEL:

Skycap
$2 first bag, $1 per additional bag

Doorman
$1-$2 for carrying luggage
$1-$2 for hailing cab
$1-$4 beyond the call of duty

Bellhop
$2 first bag, $1 per additional bag

Housekeeper
$2-$5 per day, left daily

Concierge
$5 for tickets or reservations, $10 if hard to get; no need to tip for answering questions

Taxi driver
15% plus an extra $1-$2 if helped with