PDA

View Full Version : Which deluxe resort for a grand gathering?

ggatheringplanner
04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi. My parents have invited the whole family (my sister's and mine) to WDW.:cool1: I am the designated planner and have not made my mind as to which resort to choose. Last time we went, (2003 with 2 kids), we stayed at the Swan and really liked it.

This time there are 4 more kids (we are 6 adults and 6 kids) so we would need 4 rooms. The kids are 5 girls and 1 boy, so I am thinking we will be making more trips to MK. Also, my parents said they did not want a Villa so that they could take the kids to character breakfasts and not have to cook while on vacation.

What do you think? Swan, CR, GF? Are the difference in prices on these resorts very big? How about the space in the rooms? Since our room will be DH, DD3, DD1 and me. My sister will have 2 rooms for DBIL, DS, DD10, DD8, DD4, DS4.

As you can see, I think I will have to take 2 strollers and she will take a double stroller.

Also, we are not US citizens. Can we still purchase a AAA card? Can we have 4 rooms reserved with only one card? Is the AAA discount better than if we purchase an AP (can we reserve 4 rooms with only one AP?)?

Sorry for all the questions. Can you tell I'm new to all of this?:goodvibes

Any information you can give me is really appreciated. I have never planned a WDW trip and am kind of overwhelmed by all the choices.

Joan1
04-30-2008, 11:53 AM
If you are going to spend a lot of time at the MK I would choose one of the monorail resorts or Wilderness Lodge. This will make it so much more convenient for everyone that may need to go back to their room for a rest

Goofy4
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
We stayed at BWVilla for our last GG, and we are considering doing it again. If you don't want the villa, then BWInn would be a good substitute.

We found the flexibility in going to and from DHS and Epcot separately worked out well. Also, the kids loved the pool and the entertainers on the Boardwalk were a lot of fun.

Don't know about AAA or AP. If you have more questions, I'll try to follow the thread.

ggatheringplanner
05-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Hi. Thank you so much for your replies. I have now spoken to my parents and it seems they are now ok with staying at a villa. Now I have to see if there are any available for our dates. I think this will work well for me since I will be taking my 1 year old and this way I can wash bibs and whatnot.

I think I am even more excited about this trip than the kids. :rotfl: I'm here everyday learning new things. Great site.

melag
05-02-2008, 02:17 AM
If you can get the Wilderness lodge Villas that would be great (especially if you want to be near the MK). If pools are a factor both the BWV and BCV would be good as well, especially BCV with its mini-water park. Good luck and I know what you mean, I am always the most excited person on the trip.

:rolleyes1