PDA

View Full Version : 04-30-08 - Pete, how are you doing?

wdwowner
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Pete, the only thing I have seen from you was the initial announcement of Bobs passing.

How are YOU and Walter doing? I know I am thinking about you as is the entire community.

Just wanted to let you know we are here for you and the entire team.

RichO

crewriam816
04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I hope petes alright. Hang in there pete. We're all here for you. Even if we cant be there in person.

peacelovemickey
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
I've been worried about Pete too! We are all thinking of you!

WaltD4Me
04-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, I've been thinking of everyone, but hoping Pete and Julie are doing ok. :hug:

DisDarling
04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes, I have been very concerned for all of you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that when you feel you can, please let us know how you are all doing.

It seems like it is easier to grieve here on the boards with community than alone. I can't even imagine what you are all feeling, again, sending pixie dust your way to slowly heal your hearts.

Amy

DexLabDeeDee
04-30-2008, 10:32 AM
I too find that I am better when I am on the boards. When I am sitting alone on my couch or in the car is when I start to have problems....

To the Pete and the Podcast crew: I hope that you are finding comfort with each other. We are all here for you if you need us.

WebmasterAlex
04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I did chat with Pete online for a little bit last evening and he said he was ok considering all of the circumstances. I know he appreciates everyone's concern

DVCsince02
04-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks Alex.

georgemoe
04-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the update Alex.

amyhughes
04-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Thank you Alex. I first thought of Pete after Diana. I knew that he and Bob were very close and it would have hit him and the other Podcasters and Dreams Unlimited Crew very hard. Let him know that we are all thinking about him and Walter and holding them in our prayers and thoughts during this difficult time.:grouphug:

mommyceratops
04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I did chat with Pete online for a little bit last evening and he said he was ok considering all of the circumstances. I know he appreciates everyone's concern

Thanks Alex....let him know we love him and are thinking of him, Julie, CorEy, Kevin and John also.

Just wish I could hug them all.

lttlmc3
04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I've been really worried about Pete too. Thanks for the update Alex.

Maverick Mike
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Pete..

My thoughts are with you and the rest of the podcast crew. I know how close you all are, and my prayers are with you all.

DisDarling
04-30-2008, 11:58 AM

Thanks Alex!
I appreciate you letting us know. :goodvibes

TSWJan78
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Add me to the worried list too... I am glued to the boards waiting to hear from Pete... I understand why he is not been on but glad to know Alex talked to him

robertgp124
04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Add my voice to that Pete - we miss you, and send our best wishes and prayers in your and Walter's direction.

tinkbutt
04-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I hope you're alright Pete and the gang!!!! thanks for the update Alex

Annette_VA
04-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the update, Alex. I, too, have been wondering how Pete's doing. If you chat with him again, tell him we're all thinking about him - and the rest of the gang, too!

Cyrano
04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Alex thank you for letting us know of Pete's well-being.
Please pass on our thoughts :grouphug:

*NikkiBell*
04-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Big hugs to Pete and the rest of the gang. Take all of the time you need. We understand.

Mmouse1026
04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Another voice added to the mix. Pete I've been thinking about the entire crew most of the day. I can't imagine what your all going through. My prayers are with you

safetymom
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Thank you Alex. Sending virtual hugs for the podcast team. I am sure it is tough on all of them.

UrsulasShadow
04-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Thank you, Alex, for letting us know they're okay. I think you know how important they all are to us here. Keep us updated, if you can, and thanks again.

Madi100
04-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks, Alex. The update is good to hear about Pete. I've been worried about him.

ShesAPirate
04-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to express my concern for Pete and Julie, as well as the rest of the team. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, as well as a million virtual hugs! :hug:

clombardi
04-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Pete I've been thinking about the entire crew most of the day.

I, too, have been unable to shake my thoughts of the crew and Diana all day today. It is so sad not to be able to comfort the people you want to comfort. I will keep praying for Pete and the crew and Diana and family and hope that they feel the comfort even from this far away. :grouphug:

WebmasterPete
04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi everyone;

Thanks for your concern - I really appreciate it. I'm holding up pretty good. I decided to decend into the pits of hell and completely re-wire my A/V system in my office. This is no small task - I have A LOT of electronics in this office. I will confess that I did a LITTLE retail therapy yesterday, so I've been trying to keep myself busy.

I have Bob's last show half edited on my machine -the Disneyland show. It was so weird - I edited the show Thursday night and it corrupted during the mixdown. That happens once in a blue moon, and basically means I have to go back and re-edit the show. However, it happened three times over the weekend and on two different machines. I don't know...I'm just sayin'....

I will eventually put that show up, but I'm not sure when at this point.

As for the show, I've decided that when all five of us individually feel ready to come back to the table, we'll resume our schedule. No idea when that will be.

I really want to thank all of you for your outpouring of support. You have no idea how much it means to all of us. I look forward to seeing some of you on Sunday.

Thx
Pete

disneycruise05
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm happy to hear that you're doing okay, Pete. We all completely understand that y'all need time. We'll be here once y'all are ready, whether it be weeks or months.

Retail therapy helped me when my grandmother passed. Just being out and away from everything helped clear my head...and wallet. Needless to say, I came to my senses before I purchased the $300 Armani belt. I say that was my Catholic grandmother scolding me for spending my money so foolishly. :rolleyes: However, I did spend about an hour at the Disney Store (not at all hard for me) and some time at Coach.

Again, I'm glad you're doing okay. Take as much time as you need. And take care of yourself.

farmergirl
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Nice to hear from you Pete. My husband ( Farmboy) and I have been thinking of you all. Sounds like you have been able to keep yourself busy and thats good to hear. Take all the time you need before doing another show. We wouldn't want it any other way. :grouphug:

BRobson
05-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Hi everyone;

Thanks for your concern - I really appreciate it. I'm holding up pretty good. I decided to decend into the pits of hell and completely re-wire my A/V system in my office. This is no small task - I have A LOT of electronics in this office. I will confess that I did a LITTLE retail therapy yesterday, so I've been trying to keep myself busy.

I have Bob's last show half edited on my machine -the Disneyland show. It was so weird - I edited the show Thursday night and it corrupted during the mixdown. That happens once in a blue moon, and basically means I have to go back and re-edit the show. However, it happened three times over the weekend and on two different machines. I don't know...I'm just sayin'....

I will eventually put that show up, but I'm not sure when at this point.

As for the show, I've decided that when all five of us individually feel ready to come back to the table, we'll resume our schedule. No idea when that will be.

I really want to thank all of you for your outpouring of support. You have no idea how much it means to all of us. I look forward to seeing some of you on Sunday.

Thx
Pete

Good to hear from you Pete :hug: There is no hurry for you to come back to the table - we will all support you whatever decision you make :hug:

Take care of yourself and the others

Launchpad11B
05-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Glad to hear you're doing alright Pete. Take care.

Cruz Family
05-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Hi Pete,
Thanks for giving us an update, all us mother hens were worried about you. You guys just take all the time you need, we will be here when your ready. Lots of love.....:grouphug:
Melissa

bettyann29
05-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Thanks Alex for updating us..

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Varley family and the podcast crew :hug:

cslittle999
05-01-2008, 05:47 AM
It is good to hear you're doing well Pete. Take as much time as you and the rest of the crew need. We'll all be here waiting when everyone is ready.

Annette_VA
05-01-2008, 05:47 AM
It's good to hear from you, Pete. I'm glad you're holding up OK.

That is spooky about the file corruption.

You know we'll be here, ready to listen when y'all are ready to resume. Take your time. We understand that it may take a while to sit at the table again.

peacelovemickey
05-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Sooooo good to hear from you Pete. Glad you are finding ways to keep busy and take care of yourself. Take your time!

Disneybridein2k3
05-01-2008, 06:04 AM
Pete and Podcast team - Please know we are all thinking of you. You have gone from our imaginary friends to people we truly care about and get concerned about when we don't here from you. Please know that while our pain doesn't run as deep as yours since we didn't know Bob as well, we are hurting with you. It must seem so strange for you guys to have this rockstar status with all of us and then some really weird one-sided friendship (on our end) but for us listeners, it is perfectly normal. You are all part of our every day (I believe I speak for most of the regular listeners) and we laugh about things you've said and retell funny stories you've told. And in times like this, we share in your pain. For you guys, it's like having hundreds, if not thousands of friends you never knew you had. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we are out here for you, thinking about you all, and praying for each and every one of you. Take care, friends.

BeamsofLight
05-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Glad to hear you're doing okay, Pete. Good luck with the A/V system. Take care. :hug:

GSDRescuer
05-01-2008, 06:31 AM
(((((((HUGS))))))) To Pete, The Team, Family and Friends

Ottawacruiser
05-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Hang in there, Pete - we're all here for you and the rest of the team.

Jennygt
05-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Pete so glad to hear from you. I wish that I could be with you this weekend, I will be thinking of you all.:grouphug:

Fredd's Girl
05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Pete and Podcast team - Please know we are all thinking of you. You have gone from our imaginary friends to people we truly care about and get concerned about when we don't here from you. Please know that while our pain doesn't run as deep as yours since we didn't know Bob as well, we are hurting with you. It must seem so strange for you guys to have this rockstar status with all of us and then some really weird one-sided friendship (on our end) but for us listeners, it is perfectly normal. You are all part of our every day (I believe I speak for most of the regular listeners) and we laugh about things you've said and retell funny stories you've told. And in times like this, we share in your pain. For you guys, it's like having hundreds, if not thousands of friends you never knew you had. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we are out here for you, thinking about you all, and praying for each and every one of you. Take care, friends.

Pete, Walter, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie, and the rest of the DIS crew: I think Disneybridein2k3 put into the most beautiful words what so many of us have been thinking. It's so heartbreaking to me that at times like this there's not more to say than I'm sorry for your loss. I wish there was some way to put into words the sorrow that I'm feeling for all of you, and the great loss that is felt with Bawb's passing. I shed quite a few tears yesterday and said quite a few prayers for Diana and all of you as well. It is strange because I didn't know Bawb in person, but I think Bawb did something amazing on your podcast and he allowed all of us to get to know his spirit and heart. I will miss that greatly. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers and Diana and the kids as well. We lost a good friend, but heaven gained a true angel this week, and boy will Bawb be talking Walt's ear off!!

Love to you all!
Jenny

amyhughes
05-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Pete, it was so good to hear from you. I know that we have all been thinking of the Podcast Crew in addition to Bob's family these past few days. If we can't be there in person Sunday, know we are there in thought and spirit.:grouphug:

scarlett873
05-01-2008, 07:22 AM

Beautifully said...

:hug: for the roundtable...

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Pete, it was so good to hear from you. I know that we have all been thinking of the Podcast Crew in addition to Bob's family these past few days. If we can't be there in person Sunday, know we are there in thought and spirit.:grouphug:

My thoughts exactly:grouphug:

LilGMom
05-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Pete, thank you for letting us know how you are doing. What you said about the show messing up so many times gave me chills.

I hope that you and the entire Podcast crew take the time you need to grieve and start healing, we will wait for you. My heart goes out to each of you.

:grouphug:

happy2go2wdwmom
05-01-2008, 07:48 AM
[quote=WebmasterPete;24842280]Hi everyone;

Beyond coincidence but not spooky to me, just neat, in a way, you know? My DH and I had a similar experience once. We could NOT believe it, but it happened to both of us at the same time, so who knows...???

bcvdreamer
05-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks for posting Pete. :grouphug:

mommyofthreeboys
05-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Beyond coincidence but not spooky to me, just neat, in a way, you know? My DH and I had a similar experience once. We could NOT believe it, but it happened to both of us at the same time, so who knows...???

And you know he is up there laughing about it!!! Saying "who's making fun of me now!" :lmao: :lmao:

TSWJan78
05-01-2008, 08:31 AM

Thank you for saying this... it is exactly my thoughts and feelings!!!:grouphug:

calypso*a*go-go
05-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Pete -- Thank you for checking in. :goodvibes

I don't believe any of us have heard from Julie yet. Even though I don't know her personally, she is such a sweetheart...I'm sure this has just devastated her. I hope she's doing okay as she grieves for such a good friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

DVCsince02
05-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Welcome back Pete... Don't be a stranger.

daneenm
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Glad to hear from you Pete! I appreciate you checking ... I have been making mental notes of who we have heard from and hoping the rest of you were doing o.k. You and Scar, and the rest of the gang, take care of one another. We'll be here when y'all are ready to be back.

--Daneen

crewriam816
05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Like everyone else, im glad to have heard from you. In time everything will come back together, but until then just take care of yourselves. The love you guys have for each other will guide you where you need to be. Good luck with everything. Im sorry I can't be there this weekend. But i would have loved to be.

Pinky166
05-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Take care of yourself Pete....we will all be here when you feel able to come back. You have all been in my thoughts the last few days. :grouphug:

alaskanmommy
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Pete, take care and remember all the good times! Spend time with those who knew him like you and share the great stories, and anecdotes. Embrace the wonderful being that was Bob and don't fret about the podcast, I don't think many of us could stand to listen to a Bawb-less podcast for a while anyway. Walter, take care of Pete and don't let him come back until he's ready. My thoughts are with you.........