PDA

View Full Version : School Group?

Eyorestail
04-30-2008, 07:13 AM
I've heard that there is lots of Cheerleading groups and football groups that go to Disney for there competitions. Does anyone know if they go before Christmas, like in september, october and november?

TIA

sherabby
04-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Our High School band is there right now and should be on their way home soon. They always go in the Spring to compete.

NMW
04-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Are you talking about the Pop Warner football and cheerleading? I believe they go early Dec. They don't really effect the parks much. Although you'll see the occasional cheering squad somewhere with a couple adults. You can't miss them with their matching shirts and minnie ears!

What they really effect, according to those that have stayed there, is the value resorts. Posters have actually used the terms "swarming" to describe the sheer number of them at the value resorts at that time. :rotfl: We stayed at the BC or the BWV in early Dec and never saw them at our resorts.

BamaFan121s
04-30-2008, 08:41 AM
The UCA All Star cheerleaders are in the World the week of T'giving. :cheer2: They stay at the AS Sports, but often are in the other AS resorts as well. They are in the parade at MK T'giving day and practice for it at Coronado Springs. I would avoid those two resorts during T'giving week. Also, they have a schedule and are assigned to be in certain parks on specific days. You may want to check out their schedule (you can call UCA closer to time and they can put you in touch with the person who makes their travel arrangements) and avoid those parks on those days.

mudman
04-30-2008, 02:01 PM
We just returned from WDW on Sunday. The cheerleaders were there on Friday. We walked from music over the see sports. They were staying there. I feel badly for the non-cheering families there this week:worship: . It was CRAZY. Cheerleaders were practicing cheers all over the resort :
cool1: :dance3: :cool1::yay: .

Eyorestail
04-30-2008, 03:35 PM
So there should be no groups there during september, october and early-mid november?