PDA

View Full Version : How safe is to to arrive at park at 8am w/checkin at 4pm?

Whitaker24
04-29-2008, 09:38 PM
We plan to arrive at 8am on our 1st day check in time is at 4pm that im told we can leave our luggage an start our disney vacation and room services will take our luggage up when our room is ready while we enjoy the park anyone ever done this and if so is it realible? thanks just wondering

helenk
04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
There is always a chance that your room may be ready. It depends on how many people have checked out the day before. If your room is not ready then all you have to do is just check in and the resort holds your luggage in a storage area. You can then go off to do whatever you want to do. I have done this many times at different resorts and have never had any problems.

3BoysRDisneyFreaks
04-29-2008, 09:44 PM
We moved from All Star Movies to the Contemporary. CR held our luggage for us and brought it up to our room when we checked in later that night. They keep it at bell services. The men there were great.

We had spent the day at AK, got soaked on Kali & in a down pour and had an ADR at Crystal Palace. We went to CR to see if our room was ready and it was not. We were soaked. A few of the guys at bell services found our luggage for us, let us come back and dig out dry clothes to change into for dinner. They even rounded up some plastic bags for our wet stuff without asking.

I would feel safe leaving my stuff with them again.

Sarah

CleveRocks
04-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Every halfway-decent hotel in the USA will hold your bags for you prior to check-in time.

ChristaDeVil
04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
We did it and it worked out great! We stayed at Pop and they gave us a little card to call back to check on our room availability.

LoveToTravel2001
04-29-2008, 10:42 PM
We fly Jetblue and we have used Magical Express the last few times we went. We went from the airport to CBR, checked in, had them hold our carry on bags and left for the parks. When we returned to the resort, our room was ready and our bags were in the room. We only had to get the carry on bags we left. Our return home is the same - We check our bags into the airline first thing in the morning, get our broading pases, have bell services hold our carry on bags and then leave for the park. We get back in time for Magical Express, get our carry ons and change clothes for our flight home. We've left everything from iPods and laptops and never had a problem.
Have fun.

tiger4me2
04-30-2008, 03:06 AM
You can check in & get your KTTW & have bell services hold your luggage if you didn't use DME. When you call to see room is ready go back & go to your room so you know you like it;) If not should have plenty of time to change if it not what you want IF they have another room. Then call bell services to bring your luggage to your room. Only time your luggage will be in your room if you are using DME. :)

1GR8DISNEYFAN
04-30-2008, 03:35 AM
We arrived at the Poly at 8 a.m. It took 5 minutes to check in, no line. I think they even gave us our room key. They gave us a phone# to call before returning to make sure our room was ready. We went to AK until late afternoon, called, room was ready. We left our luggage in our car, and when we returned to the hotel, we carried our own luggage straignt to our room. We prefer to handle our own luggage.

CTDis4
04-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Do it all the time! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!