PDA

View Full Version : From the Varley Family - many thanks

bawstngrl
04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone -

this is Bawstngrl aka Marianna, Bob and Diana's BFF....I am sitting here at Bob's very own computert typing this....(his keys all stick...he needs a new machin :) )....gotta talk to him about that tomorrow.....oh yeah.................reality clicks in...Anyways

The support and outpouring of love has been huge, overwhelming and beyond anything we could have ever imagined! When I went to bed Monday night at midnight the posts were on page 14. Now there are about 10 separate threads!!!! WOW

On behalf of "Dianer" and son Brian I want to thank everyone for their comments, pictures stories etc. It will probably take us a month to go thru everything.
You people are awesome. I am proud to be a Dis -er!

Love and thanks to all

Bawstngrl

crazytp93
04-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Bawb's computer! You are a true friend helping out the family like this. I extend my condolonces.

-Tom

*NikkiBell*
04-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Our best goes out to you and the family. I can't imagine going through this.

DVCJones
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
:grouphug: :hug:

hanco005
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, the family, and the pod cast team. I am still speechless....

DisDarling
04-29-2008, 08:12 PM
You and everyone touched by this are in my prayers.

Now if I could just stop crying....

Amy P from WI

Ottawacruiser
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
We are all here for you!

cocowum
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Our prayers are with you.:grouphug:

Annette_VA
04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
We are all so sorry for your loss and are honored to have 'known' such a great guy.

bawstngrl
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Bawb's computer! You are a true friend helping out the family like this.-Tom

Bawb and Diana were/are MY FAMILY.......as a single mom who is now an empty nester, they have always made a place for me in their home . And through them I have experienced so much more of Disney than I ever would have been able to on my own.
(Plus he was my own personal "moving man" 4 times in 3 three years!!!)

I miss him sooooooooooooooooooo much....

Bawstngrl

disneycruise05
04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm so sorry for your tragic loss. Bawb was such a huge part of what made this place great. And while he's not here with us anymore, I know that he will always be here in spirit.

:grouphug:

crazytp93
04-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Bawb and Diana were/are MY FAMILY.......as a single mom who is now an empty nester, they have always made a place for me in their home . And through them I have experienced so much more of Disney than I ever would have been able to on my own.

Bawstngrl

That sounds just like how Bawb was explained for us. Please give Diana an extra hug for me tonight.

dpuck1998
04-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone -

this is Bawstngrl aka Marianna, Bob and Diana's BFF....I am sitting here at Bob's very own computert typing this....(his keys all stick...he needs a new machin :) )....gotta talk to him about that tomorrow.....oh yeah.................reality clicks in...Anyways

Bawstngrl

Even in his passing we can find ways to take a shot at good ole Bawb. I love it and I know he would too. What a pleasure it must have been to be such a great friend to such a great guy. I know you can count your blessings for each day you had with him and all the days you will share soon enough.

3DisneyKids
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for letting us all in a bit closer to the man we love and now miss.

drakethib
04-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Please give the Varley our love.

willis37862
04-29-2008, 08:46 PM

Bawstngrl

:hug: I miss him and I never even meant him so I can't imagine how you feel. Just know you all are in my thoughts and prayers. The more stories I read about Bob from his close friends just confirm that he was one in a million!

elemusing
04-29-2008, 08:48 PM
It is so good to hear from you. :hug:

I am glad you and Diana are there for each other. Hope everyone is holding up ok.

Thanks for posting.

Hedy
04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Please find comfort in knowing how loved Bob was. :grouphug: :grouphug:

wishspirit
04-29-2008, 09:07 PM

amyhughes
04-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Thank you so much for posting, and please know that you are all in our hearts and minds.:grouphug:

paperdoll1986
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Thank you so much for posting to us. It's such a testament to Bob that you all have found it in you during this difficult time to keep us informed.

:grouphug: :sad1:

I wish Bob eternal peace and happines in heaven, with a Dole Whip and getting to watch spaceship launches without having to go to the far end of the parking lot.

deide71
04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Bob and his family have been in my thoughts all day.

I hope they can take solace in the fact he meant so much to so many people, most of whom he had never met. His humility and humanity as well as wickedly dry sense of humour (do you really think he thought the pavillions were named "Interventions":lovestruc? I think he enjoyed egging Kevin on:rotfl2: ) were truly evident in the podcast.

He seemed to be a truly stand up guy, and will be missed by so many.

TXYankee
04-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Thank you for posting. It means alot. Remember the laughter. I wish you peace.

ontario2orlando
04-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Thank You Varleys

What an amazing personality, a terrific entertainer, and wealth of knwledge. Thank You so much for the honor to be entertained and educated by Bob. Our lives are enriched for his efforts and passions.

Sorely,
The Bowers Family

MommaluvsDis
04-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I wonder if he ever knew how special he was to us all??

DLBDS
04-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I wonder if he ever knew how special he was to us all??

If he didn't, he does now.

Thanks, Marianna. BTW, your levity is appreciated. It helps to get through times like these. I didn't know Bawb personally (no matter how much I want to think I did) but I believe he was the type of person that would prefer folks reflect on his life in a funny state of mind rather than a mourning one. Please know and take solace in the fact that my fellow DISers and I are here thinking of you and remembering Bawb and in mourning ourselves...each in our own way.

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-29-2008, 11:21 PM
I know you dont know us personally but Bob touched our lives. :grouphug: to you and the family.

maiziezoe
04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks so much for posting. As you can see, we all loved Bob very much. He will be missed.

Please give Dianner and his entire family our love.

tinkbutt
04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Bob touched my life in the short time that I have been listening to the pod cast and the reality of it hasn't sunk in !!!! my thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by the loss of this great man!:sad1:

farmergirl
04-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Our thoughts and prayers to all of Bob's Family and to his friends. We will miss listening to him every week. Bob could always make us smile. He always offered great info to help others. My husband especially loved to here Bob talk about Kennedy Space Center.and his other interests. We will miss Bob and are thinking of you all.:sad1:

miss missy
04-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Marianna,

Thanks so much for posting to us. I hope it brings comfort to Bawb's family and friends to know how many people are thnking of you all right now. Bawb was so much fun and he will be missed on the DIS, the podcast and by everyone he touched. There is no way to express how it feels to be here or on the DIS and know we have lost such a great guy in this world. I don't know, I know a lot of us never got to meet him in person, but he was part of our lives just the same. He will live on through his family, freinds, WDW, the DIS, Dreams Unl and the podcast!! All he loved :love: will carry his memory.

Please know we are thinking of you ALL! :grouphug:

BRobson
04-30-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time to post at such a sad time - Bob was a truly special guy :hug:

Pinky166
04-30-2008, 04:28 AM
Thank you for posting Marianna. :hug:

It means so much to hear from people that knew Bob like we all wanted to. I hope in time all of the 'Bob-isms' will help get you through the sadness.

Please make Dianer and Brian aware that if it was logistically possible I am sure that all of the DISers from around the world would be there on Saturday to show just how much Bob mean't to us.

I for one will be raising a glass on Saturday in his honour and toasting a truly special man.

Cyrano
04-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Thank you for letting us know about the impact on Diana and the family :)

hayanyujah847
04-30-2008, 05:13 AM
Our thoughts are with the Varley family & friends. :grouphug:

Mouse Skywalker
04-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Marianna - My condolences go out to the loss of your friend. I feel so lucky that I got to "know" Bawb just a little bit through the Podcast and the boards. I wish you strength in dealing with this time of loss.

Blue Skies
04-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Hi Marianna,

Thank you for posting. You and the Varley family are in our thoughts and prayers. :hug: :grouphug:

bawstngrl
04-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I wish Bob eternal peace and happines in heaven, with a Dole Whip and getting to watch spaceship launches without having to go to the far end of the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

That is just so perfect

Thank you all...Diana read some of the posts lst night and found comfort in the outpouring of love she saw. By the way she is holding up well, surrounded by friends.

Bawstngrl

Franniepoppins
04-30-2008, 07:52 AM
The first time I stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Bob was who posted answers to my questions. I did not realize it was the same person until today, when I read that he used to be known as Wilderness. The Lodge has become our favorite place, our home away from home.

He was a very nice man. I am sorry for your loss.

Francine

LilGMom
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Thank you all...Diana read some of the posts lst night and found comfort in the outpouring of love she saw. By the way she is holding up well, surrounded by friends.

Bawstngrl

I do hope that Bawb's family can take some comfort knowing that Bawb was a well respected and adorded man throughout this community. Many of us could relate to his quirkiness, some loved his abuse of the English language and I think most loved the passion with which he spoke of things, whether it be his family, Disney or space travel.

My heart goes out to you all.

DVCsince02
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts, as we keep you and the family in ours.

calypso*a*go-go
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Thank you Marianna...please let us know if there's anything we can do to help (even if it's just a cyber-shoulder to cry on!). We all just adored Bob and will miss him terribly. :sad1:

DVC Kathy
04-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Thank you Marianna.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of Bob's family, traditional and extended. We are thinking of you, and will be there in spirit this weekend.

Kathy

Mmouse1026
04-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Thank you Marianna it means so much to hear how everyone is doing

Please pass my condolences along and know that my prayers are with you all

chickie
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Thank you so much for posting.
Bawb's families (both real and "chosen") are in our prayers. :grouphug:
He will truly be missed by all of us.

bettyann29
05-01-2008, 06:02 AM
you all are in my thoughts and prayers.. :hug:

alaskanmommy
05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks truly for the update Marianna! I'm so relieved to hear the Diana has a great friend with her during this deeply sad time. I'm sure you know by know but I can't relate to you guys enough what an extraordinary figure Bob was here on the boards, WDWinfo and the podcast. I am crying as I write this and never had the good furtune to even meet Bob. I can't imagine the impact Bob had on his dear friends and family. :love: I just have to keep visualizing Bob up there on his cart walking with Walt..............:cloud9: Your dear friend and family member Bob will be greatly missed by all, and what a large number of people that is. RIP Bob, I love you! :lovestruc

The Disney Fanatic
05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Here is a hug for the Varley family from my family....:grouphug: