PDA

View Full Version : What logo merchandise would you most like?

Doctor P
03-27-2002, 09:53 AM
If you could have any piece of merchandise made with a DVC member logo, what would you most like it to be?

Some of the items I might be interested in are:

A cell phone case; A leather money clip; a pin trading bag; a fleece jacket

What might you like to see?

Granny
03-27-2002, 09:58 AM
Maybe a camera bag? Fanny pack? I'm thinking of things we carry around the parks mostly.

For back home? A nice (not flimsy) beach towel to take to the pool.

zulaya
03-27-2002, 10:16 AM
I'd like to see a pullover-windbreaker type jacket. DH would LOVE the leather moneyclip - he loves moneyclips. Being a new member, I don't even really know what's available right now.

antnee
03-27-2002, 10:25 AM
I know we have Polo shirts, but I would like to see some different colors. Maybe a fanny pack or camera bag.
A windbreaker would be nice.

Everytime I am at Disney I notice the DVC CM's have nice polos and jackets to wear and I can't figure out why they would make them availalbe to memebers.There has to be enough members to support the catalog. Twice I saw members with shirts and jackets that I never saw sold at WDW. I never asked the about it but when I asked CM's at DVC, they were unaware of thses items.

DoctorP-Would the leather money clip have Disney Dollars in it when you purchase it???

CaptainMidnight
03-27-2002, 10:34 AM
I'd like a nice spring weight jacket, dark in color with the logo. Heavier than a windbreaker, but not with any heavy lining. I guess it would be like a golf jacket. Can't wear the white ones.

jmminarik
03-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Two things we'd probably would buy: DVC hockey sweaters and DVC banner flags (esp. if they had seasonal ones)

-joe

DVCajun
03-27-2002, 11:13 AM
Luggage tags! Why don't they sell those!? They're available to new members, as a bribe. :) I whined until they gave me a few too.

I also would purchase a pullover windbreaker with a small logo.

I'd like a nice stainless travel mug, a bumper sticker (we might be taking care of that one on the DVC oval sticker thread), a small, tasteful keychain... my taste usually runs to the subtle, metal stuff. No big, colorful logos for me.

You know, some custom checks would be cool too. But now I'm just getting greedy.

Let's get women's sizes in those polos! I have a couple of the smalls, and the "short" sleeves reach my elbows!

There is now a men's bathing suit sporting the logo, if any of you guys are interested. They're available at the BWV giftshop. There isn't a women's suit, alas.

Doctor P, what kind of a doctor are you? Or do you just play doctor? :p

bres@westernMA
03-27-2002, 11:25 AM
I would buy a long sleeve collared shirt with the DVC logo on the pocket. I would buy a copy of the some of various prints used on the walls at OKW or BWV. We own at OKW and BWD. I like DVC pins, stickers and magnets. How about a DVC Christmas ornament?

KathyR
03-27-2002, 12:00 PM
I would like nice iron/sew on embroidered patches in a variety of sizes with the reg. DVC logo and also each individual DVC resort. That way I can make my own DVC merchandise for myself out of whatever I would like :)

Beth
03-27-2002, 12:13 PM
Often times when you see shirts, etc. in the parks, they were items that were sold many years ago. We've got some neat polo shirts that they haven't sold for a long time. My husband has actually never worn his - do I hear any offers?!? :) (jk)

bres@westernMA - funny you should mention the Christmas ornament - they "did" used to offer those. I found one on eBay back in '97 when we first bought in - and, of course, HAD to have it.

You might check eBay periodically for these "special" items - if it's worth the $$ to you...

Doctor P
03-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Lots of great ideas--keep them coming!:) I like the idea of having Disney Dollars in the money clip when you buy it!;) As to whether I am a real doctor, or just play one on TV: I hold the highest degree generally granted: Ph.D (in economics--I am also an accountant by training)!;)

DisneyHumbug
03-27-2002, 01:35 PM
You said it, DVCajun!! I love my polo shirt but it's huge!!Let's get women's sizes in those polos! I have a couple of the smalls, and the "short" sleeves reach my elbows

Snowgod
03-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Better (big thick) Beach Towels. Window Stickers for our Cars. A quality fanny pack for the parks.:smooth:

ncligs
03-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Any light jacket that is not "WHITE"!!!!!!!:mad:

chip1
03-27-2002, 02:53 PM
A nice denim jacket with an embroidered logo, or a men's polo shirt would be nice

Simba's Mom
03-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Since I collect Disney ornaments (buy one each trip), I think the DVC ornament is a great idea. Other than that, since we're new members, I don't know what else is available.

ReneeQ
03-27-2002, 07:29 PM
Can't remember who mentioned it, but I think they DO sell luggage tags now. I would like to see a nice travel mug, too, for my husband. And I would like some plastic cups or glasses.

Also, I like DVC stuff at work. I have a framed print of BWV over my desk (to remind me what I am working for!). I would like to see things I can use at work - like pens, pencils, office stuff.

DebbieB
03-27-2002, 07:55 PM
I stayed at OKW 3 years ago before I was a member with a member friend. We shared a 2 bedroom with 2 other ladies (who all met in an AOL DVC chat room) and one bought this beautiful cable knit OKW sweater (it was March). I loved that sweater and kept admiring so one night after we came in she gave it to me to try on. I ended up going to the OKW store and buying one ($78 :eek: ). When I became a member 6 months later she said she knew I was going to become a member when I bought that sweater! I still love it! I wish they had that white jacket in another color too, tan or navy.

HookdonWDW
03-27-2002, 08:02 PM
I would like to see a DVC refillable mug, that you could use at OKW, BWV, VWL, BCV, HH or VB when you show your DVC Membership Card... hey, I can dream, can't I???

raidermatt
03-27-2002, 09:35 PM
Mostly just a better variety of clothing, like golf shirts, t-shirts, jackets, etc.

raidermatt
03-27-2002, 09:35 PM
Mostly just a better variety of clothing, like golf shirts, t-shirts, jackets, etc, including stuff for kids.

dianeschlicht
03-28-2002, 06:21 AM
ANother vote here for better clothing variety and colors.

I also like the idea of a logo fanny pack and car decal.

jcodespoti
03-28-2002, 06:26 AM
Beer Mugs

DVCajun
03-28-2002, 06:51 AM
:( They didn't have the luggage tags at the BWV store last week.

They did, however, have a BWV Christmas ornament.

They also had DVC beer glasses.

I got a DVC "refillable mug" at OKW a couple of years ago. It's not really refillable, but it's the same style, and I use it a lot around the house. I used to keep it at the office because I also liked seeing the reminders of what I was working for! :)

Oh, there is also a very nice DVC pen available-- I got one this trip. It's brushed silver, with the DVC logo on it. Very tasteful and nice. $8. You can call WDW merchandise and they will ship it to you.

DVC-Don
03-28-2002, 07:01 AM
I'd like a nice spring weight jacket, dark in color with the logo.

A nice denim jacket with an embroidered logo

Those two about cover it for me.

bjcgl
03-28-2002, 08:40 AM
I LOVE that idea of the refillable mug usable at ALL DVCs! Wouldn't that be great!

DiznEeyore
03-28-2002, 02:53 PM
These are all great suggestions! It is beyond me why Disney, the merchandising giant that they are, seems to be blind to DVC members' requests for more variety!

Speaking of stickers, I went through my old packet of DVC materials (from when we first looked into BWV, but decided to wait for VWL) and found a sticker I bought at the BWV store. It's rectangular, white w/a navy border, and has the 2-mountain logo with "Disney Vacation Club Member" in navy. It cost $3.50. I still haven't figured out what to do with it! LOL

padisneyfan
03-28-2002, 03:02 PM
From years ago, I am still wearing my DVC denim jacket with 2 mountains on it.

antnee
03-28-2002, 03:35 PM
I am not sure but I beleive a similiar thread was started way back when and someone had an actula answer as to Why Disney doesnt have more DVC mdse.

I heard rumors about a catlog on-line last year but that never came true

CarolMN
03-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by chip1
A nice denim jacket with an embroidered logo, or ...

any T-shirt that ISN't white!

walter
03-28-2002, 03:57 PM
We received luggage tags when we went to the DVC presentation on a DCL cruise (along with a fanny pack).

pharmlivin
03-28-2002, 04:19 PM
fleece pullover and/or golf type jacket. (Reasonably priced of course)

gmboy95
03-28-2002, 06:59 PM
GOLF BAGS!!!!!!.......PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....GOLF BAGS!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Minnie*Mouse
03-28-2002, 09:27 PM
I would like a DVC backpack similar to the beach bag they gave to new members a couple of years ago. I would get a lot of use out of it at the parks and back home at the beach.

I periodically check ebay for these sort of things only to find pins, buttons, etc. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and hope that they start marketing some items for us members.

M*M

Caskbill
03-28-2002, 11:44 PM
A nice license plate frame for the rear license plate on the car.

infobahn
03-29-2002, 05:15 AM
any T-shirt that ISN't white!-- CarolMN

Now Carol - the snow is melting, Ice-Out will be soon. You can wear white again, safely.

;)

I have to admit, I got a boat load (pun intended) of DVC stuff free on our Disney Cruise at the DVC members reception. Some everyone got (hats - Baseball for adults, bucket for the kids), but the majority of the good prizes I won during their "Jeopardy" game.

A huge beach towel (which I would buy a few more), and a "Koozie" cooler bag from VB. There were a couple of other things.

My point, they give it away, too. Yes, you do have to go on a cruise (in this case). We won the cruise in a contest, as well. Don't hate me, it's been a rough year! :eek:

I vote for long Sleeved T-Shirts for Larger people (6'4", 260 - my height is NOT in my legs!).

POLLY ANN
03-29-2002, 06:14 AM
I'll take one of everything listed on this thread! lol

If they ever have a variety of DVC merchandise to purchase, I wish they would put it online. I hate having to wait to go to WDW to see what they have. :(

POOH&PIGLET
03-29-2002, 01:40 PM
It would be nice if they sold DVC glassware at the German Pavilion in EPCOT. That way it could be engraved with your name.

Also, DVC beanies!

DVCajun
03-29-2002, 02:38 PM
POOH, just so you know, as long as you purchased it from Disney you can bring other things to get engraved there as well. At least you can at DD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

antnee
03-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Okay I think we have a pretty good list going so now how do we get them to make these items available????

Do we petiton?
Call our reps and complain?
Have a sit-in at BWV???

CarolMN
03-30-2002, 08:46 AM
Now Carol - the snow is melting, Ice-Out will be soon. You can wear white again, safely.

How did you know??? ROFLOL!

infobahn
03-30-2002, 12:40 PM
I guess it is warmer down here in Chan! ;)

EuroBoy
03-30-2002, 06:35 PM
I had a cocktail glass with the DVC logo in full color with the 3 mountains that my daughter broke just recently. I would really like that to be available again. It makes the long winter bearable. The current etched glass is not a good substitute. I have a good digital replication of the original logo and am looking for a company that can reproduce the glass I had. I would really like to have this offered again as part of Disney merchandise.