PDA

View Full Version : Resort Dilemma

jbalinmass
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Going to WDW in August to celebrate my 50th bday. Currently have 7-nite res. at CSR water view with AAA discount. Also have a res. with teacher discount at dolphin, $300 more, plus no ME and $14/night parking fee. Also have a res. at Grande Lakes Marriott using points which would cost minimal, except rental car and gas.

Can't decide which to go with.

Have been to WDW lots of times, but haven't stayed on property since 2000. Kind of want the magic for my birthday.

Also like deluxe beds and good transportation.

Help????????

Ksquared
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Well, having stayed both on-site and off-site I'd say since you have not been on-site since 2000, you should definiately treat yourself to an on-site stay....so that means the Marriott is out....let's face it, you only turn 50 once right.

Now, deciding between CSR and Dolphin is the harder part. I've always wanted to stay at the Dolphin, something about it appeals to me....BUT, I'd probably go w/ CSR with the water view. I think the olny thing you give up at this resort is the Heavenly Bed.......

PrincessNoelle'sMom
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Happy upcoming birthday too you! Treat yourself and DEFINITELY stay at CSR. It is a beautiful resort. Also, by staying on site, you have EMH and no worries about driving anywhere.

Whatever you decide - ENJOY and have a happy ;)

KatMark
04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
We celebrated my 50th birthday at Disney last year at the CSR...I wouldn't have picked anywhere else to stay. This year we are staying there for our 25th anniversary. The beds are terrific at the CSR. I have a hard time not sleeping in my own bed, but I don't have that problem at the CSR...very comfy.

gatorfreud
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Love Love Love Csr!!!!!

kat3668
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Anoter vote for CSR here! Great transportation, great food , Beautiful resort! Need I say more!:goodvibes

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
I would also go with CSR.

Claire&TheBoys
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I think the beds at CSR are super comfortable. If it's just you, or you and a spouse, ask for a king-bed room rather than the 2 doubles. The Dolphin also has doubles, so that $300 doesn't get you a queen-sized bed anyway.

Enjoy your trip and Happy Birthday! Be sure to ask for your birthday pin when you check into CSR. ;)

ntsammy5
04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
IIRC Dolphin also has EMH -- if you want real luxury close to Epcot and MGM go for the Dolphin. It also has the best steak house in all of WDW IMO - Shulas.

joanng
04-29-2008, 07:50 PM
What are the dates in August? If you decide on CSR which I agree with everyone else would be your best bet--- if you arrive late Aug look into the free dining? Happy 50th:rotfl: