PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Gift Baskets placed in your room

MLB0622
04-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Can anyone tell me what is the best way that I can have a basket waiting in our room to surprise my DW on her b-day?

conandrob240
04-29-2008, 01:27 PM
They most likely won't have it there for arrival day- too many chances you'll wind up in a different room. But if you order it to arrive after you've checked in, they will bring it to the room and place it inside.

TammiMcMan
04-29-2008, 03:22 PM
If you're staying on the club level, they usually have some pull and can put a gift basket in the room before you even arrive. If you're staying in a standard room, the best they can do is deliver it after you check-in. As the previous poster mentioned, there's just too many variables and rooms do get re-assigned. You can order through the Disney Florist or one of the many off site basket companies. They all deliver to the main desk of the resort, then a runner is assigned to bring it to your room.

TheRustyScupper
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
1) As mentioned
. . . if staying in a regular room, they will not place a basket in the room
. . . if staying on Club Floor, maybe they will place a basket
2) it would be embarrassing for someone else to get the basket
3) It is just too iffy that you might not get the room.
. . . the room may be given to someone else who wants it
. . . the room may be "left dirty" due to not enough maids
. . . there could be a mechanical problem with the room

NOTE: All gifts and/or baskets are delivered to the room by a Front Desk CM and most probably the Front Desk "Runner". It can be delivered after the person checks-in. However, it is delivered on the schedule set by the Runner, so it might show up later that day or in the evening.