PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts

DisneyKevin
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure any of this will be considered coherent thought but I decided I should try.

I first met Bob and Diana in the Magic Kingdom on the corner by Casey's...where the tip board is located.

John had been living with Bob and Diana when we met. He told me that these folks were "like family to him" and that it was important that I got to know them. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. These folks had been friends and co-workers with John and Pete and here I was...the new guy.

I dont ever remember any time in my life when I felt so welcome or accepted. Bob said to me that "if John thinks you're ok...then so do we." They became friends that night. That was in the fall of 2001.

Bob and I quickly fell into the routine of him mispronouncing things and me correcting him. It got to the point where he would do things just to make me roll my eyes and suck my teeth. It became a part of who we were. He loved it.

A lot of time transpired between those days and the beginning of the podcast but Bob and Diana, along with Ann and Majk (it's pronounced Mike....and yes....we've used every conceivable line on him because of this) and John and I, well...we became a rather tight knit social group. We had dinner together at least once a week. We spent holidays together. We traveled together. There is no other way to say it then to say we were best friends. These were the folks that we chose to spend our time with.

Bob loved planning our weekly get togethers and outings. We used to rib him about "synchronizing our watches". If we were going someplace new of different, Bob would get there hours early (sometimes the day before) and then call us with the best directions and where to park and what not to miss. And yes....I used to tease him about that...but that was part of who Bob and I were.

One of my very favorite Bob memories is of the Candlelight Processional. Bob's Mom was very old and frail and not in the best health. She had moments of lucidity but they were few and far between. Well, she sat there watching that show and singing her heart out. She knew the words to almost every song. I sat next to Bob and his Mom and watched Bob watch her with tears in his eyes. He was so kind and gentle and loving. I was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

Bob's Mom passed during that next year and he told me that the Candlelight Processional was going to be really hard this year. I sat next to Bob at the next Candlelight show and the two of us sang along with tears in our eyes. He thanks me for understanding and being ok with it.

Bob was the kind of guy that offered whatever he could do or had. John and I live about an hour away from Bob abd Diana. The airport is in between our two homes. When John and I would travel, Bob would offer to take us to the airport. He would open his home to anyone that needed a place to stay. Bob loved nothing more than a house full of people.

When we started doing the Round Table version of the podcast, it took a while but we all fell into being ourselves. We all agreed that the only way to do this was with sincerity and honesty.

I have been criticized for "picking on" Bob, but we were who we were in real life. I dont know if anyone will understand this, but Bob loved that we picked on him. He would set up situations with glee and warn me..."this is really going to get you". Bob loved nothing more than making me crazy. It was never malicious or hurtful and if I thought it was I would have never done it.

I would never do anything to intentionally hurt Bob. He was one of my best friends and one of the warmest, kindest nicest men I have ever known.

Bob also loved the attention and spotlight that this allowed him. It was part of why he encouraged it. We used to joke that he had "only child syndrome". It's why we used to tease him about only reading emails that had his name in them.

Bob also loved meeting the folks that listened to the podcast. He put Christmas lights on his "kaht" so folks could find him. He loved making people laugh and he loved helping people enjoy their Disney trips. Bob spent more time in the parks then any of us and he'd come to the podcast letting us know that he met so and so and that he posed for pictures. And yes....we'd tease him with him grinning the entire time.

I'm sharing this today out of my need to let you all know that Bob loved that you all cared about him and loved him. It brought him incredible joy. He'd recount meeting listeners with absolute glee.

I dont know any other words to explain this, but I loved Bob. While life will go and we will move ahead, our lives will be a little less full. There will always be a hole that cant be filled. He is truly irreplaceable.

I think the very best way to honor Bob is to make sure that you tell the people in your life that you love them and what they mean to you. Dont miss the opportunity.

I talked to Bob yesterday morning at about 10:15am. I called to ask how he was feeling and if he needed anything. He told me was ok and feeling better.

I'd give anything to have that chance again.

Dont wait. Tell them.

Thanks for letting me talk about this.

Kevin

calypso*a*go-go
04-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Oh Kevin...thank you for sharing!!!

(Now I'm a sobbing mess again. :sad1: )

IHeartTink04
04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
As I sit here with tears in my eyes, I don't know what to say but thanks.

Thanks for telling us a little more about him and I am glad that you had the pleasure of being his friend.

crazytp93
Kevin, thanks for sharing this. I can't imagine how shocked you and the podcast crew must have been. I have been praying for all of you, and Bawb's family. Heaven has its newest angel. Bawb Varley.

amyhughes
:grouphug: I am so glad you posted this and shared your thoughts with us. It was so touching your words on the Candlelight Processional, and what it meant to him. They broke the mold with him.:grouphug:

Mouse Skywalker
04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Thank you very much Kevin for sharing this. I am so sorry for the loss of such a dear friend to you. He was such a special person, and touched many of us without us even really knowing us. I am so sorry that he is gone. Please accept my heartfelt sympathies. Thank you for helping me get to know him and understand him a little better. I would be a better person if I were a little more like Bob.

3DisneyKids
04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Thank you for sharing that.

wdwowner
04-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Kevin, thanks for sharing that with everyone.

It was perfect!

NWOhioAngela
04-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Hang in there Kevin. There's something special about "chosen family". I can only imagine how much you all are hurting.:hug:

cocowum
04-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Thank you for posting Kevin. I cried myself to sleep last night thinking about all of you. Although, we have never met, I feel as though we are friends. I thank you for sharing yourselves. I am a better person for knowing Bob and all of you. :hug: Those of us that have been listening for awhile could tell Bob loved to be picked on.:goodvibes Gosh, I'm really going to miss him:sad1:

daneenm
Kevin,

I really appreciate you sharing this with us. Most of us 'knew' Bob only from what we heard on the PodCast. It is really nice to know more background. A background that only supports what came through on the PodCast every week - that he was a good soul who loved what he was doing, loved all of you and had a great time even in the 'moments of torment.' For me, it was pretty clear that the teasing was two sided and not meant or taken with any offense.

I am so sorry for the loss you have all suffered and I know, in time, the memories you have of the great times with Bob will be the things that come to mind, rather than the sadness.

--Daneen

irisbud
Thanks for sharing :sad1:

ericafny
04-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Kevin -

That was very genuine and from the heart. Made me cry. You are right though, never miss a chance to tell someone you care about that you love them. I am glad that you have so many happy memories with Bob to look back on.

I find myself checking the boards every hour, I am not sure what I am looking for. I didn't even know Bob and this is very sad. I can not imagine the pain you and the rest of the podcasters are going through. My prayers go out to all of you and the Varleys.

mandymommy4
04-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Thank you Kevin

Pinky166
04-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Thank you for sharing Kevin. :hug: I can only imagine what pain you feel today. :sad1:

I am sure your love and friendship mean't just as much to Bob as his did to you.

Bob will never be forgotten.

Blue Skies
04-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Thank you for posting this Kevin..... :grouphug:

You are so lucky to have had such a great friendship. Bob will be missed...:sad1:

rlduvall
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
:grouphug: My heart is just broken today. I cannot imagine the world without Bob. He was so excited about the "live" show this weekend and the upcoming Podcast Cruise. :sad1:

tinkbutt
04-29-2008, 11:03 AM
THANK YOU for taking the time to post this even though it brought tears to my eyes!! I am sure he knew just how much the pod cast crew loved him and how much the DISers loved him!!!

BeamsofLight
04-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Kevin. My heart aches for you and all of Bob's friends and family. It is very clear from listening to the podcast banter what a close knit group the podcast crew is. The loss for this community is tremendous and terrible, but I can't even begin to imagine the loss you all are feeling as a family . Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all. Hang in there. :grouphug:

disneycruise05
04-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Kevin, your words brought tears to my eyes. It's clear that Bob was a dear friend of yours and will be missed forever.

Thank you for sharing your memories with Bob. We'll all be here to support y'all through this difficult time. Bob's spirit will never be forgotten.

Tonya2426
04-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for sharing, Kevin, We've all been blessed to have known Bob in our own little ways.

{Ughhhh, I have got to stop reading all of these posts - I just keep crying and crying and I am almost out of tissues. :) }

TSWJan78
04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Thank you for sharing with us Kevin.. I hope you find some solace in knowing Bob touched us all in his own little way... you were one of the lucky ones who really got to know him. We will all continue to keep all of you along with Bob’s family in our thoughts and prayers and you have 1000's of people grieving with you.

dec2901
04-29-2008, 11:12 AM
I am writing this thank you with tears streaming down my face. Although I have never met any of the Podcast team; you (and especially Bob) have meant so much to my husband and I. I want to say Thank You to Kevin for sharing his thoughts with us. I want to say Thank You to Pete for allowing us to get to know someone as special as Bob. Please let Diana know that Bob meant so much to so many strangers and we thank her for sharing him with us. Over the last month, I went through some really tough stuff at work which ultimately ended with me having to find another job. When I needed some laughter or just teeny smile, I would listen to the podcast waiting for Bob to come to my aide. I will never forget Cheeters, pig poop, and many other stories, but most of all I will never forget how Bob seemed to love everyone. It is very rare that you can find someone that loved people the way he did - let alone discover it over the internet.

I will be praying for Bob's family and friends that they will have grace and peace. I will also be saying prayers of thanks for a person as special as Bob.

ADP
04-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this Kevin. Sometimes the only way to help get over something like this is to discuss it among friends and family.

I agree with you 100%. Tell the ones in your life how much they mean to you and don't take anything for granted.

ms*mountaineer
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Kevin -
Some people live their whole lives and never find friends like that! How blessed you all were to have had Bob as such a good friend.
I am so sorry for your loss. He will truly be missed.

Lee-Ellen

LilGMom
04-29-2008, 11:30 AM
I just knew I shouldn't have read this at work.

Thank you for sharing and I can only imagine what you all are going through right now and I am so sorry for your loss. Despite the friendly ribbing you all did the love you all shared for each other was definately present and obvious.

Cruz Family
04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Kevin, that was just beautiful! I am so glad you shared that with us. I feel kind of helpless being so far away and not being able to give a great big hug to people I have never met, yet still feel are friends. I spent some time last night listening to some old podcasts, crying and laughing through it all. Please don't forget we are all here for you, if there is anything and I do mean ANYTHING I can do, just say the word. Thank you for letting is in, and take care.
Melissa

bcvdreamer
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Thank you for posting Kevin. Please take care of yourself.

Here's to Beautiful Friendships.

dis2cruise
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
wow i am still sobbing....I know you were a really good true friend and I know bob knows it too :hug:

lttlmc3
04-29-2008, 11:35 AM
We all love you Kevin, and the whole Podcast team. Even in our own little detatched, cyberspace way, we love you guys. We are here for you.

beachwarmer
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Thank you Kevin.

We appreciate you thinking of us and helping us deal with with the grief. It is really a testiment to Bob's character that he touched so many lives.

In this new technological age this is a new process we are all going through.

Thank you again for understanding and allowing us to share our grief with you as well.:grouphug:

Jacksmom99
04-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Kevin,
Thank you for sharing your personal memories with us. The stories about Bob and how caring and generous he was are wonderful to those of us who didn't know him in person. I hope that sharing those memories will be of some comfort at this time.

Kim

TheWho
04-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Kevin,
Well said. I'm very sorry you lost your dear friend.

crazydisneyman
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks for your message, Kevin. I wish I could have met him in person, but that will have to wait until I reach heaven. :cloud9:

My father passed away suddenly when I was 26, and I understand losing someone close to you so suddenly. I does help to remember the unique parts of Bawb and to relive all the wonderful times that he was with us. I loved listening to you guys go back and forth on the podcast! I know that he loved it, and it brought so much laughter to so many people.

Please know that we are supporting you, and we are lifting you all up in prayer.

Take care. :grouphug:

safetymom
04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Kevin, thank you for sharing your memories. Hugs.

cdotla
04-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Kevin - thank you so much for posting that.

The affection with which the entire podcast crew regard one another comes through loud and clear each week. And if you listen hard enough you can "see" the smiles on Bob's face at every teasing.

You also don't have to listen too long to realize how lucky everyone is who is privileged enough to call Bob their friend.

My sincerest sympathy to all of Bob's Family & Friends, and to all of us, the entire Podcast community for the loss of an irreplaceable human being.

paperdoll1986
04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Thank you so much for sharing Kevin. I know from experience this can't be easy,but sharing helps. And getting to hear you share helps.

Send our love to all of you at this time, and take care of yourselves as Bob would take care of you.

mommyceratops
04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh Kevin, that was beautiful.
I am so sorry. I can't imagine how much you and your family hurt. I have cried all day.....

I just can't type I am crying so hard. All my love.

peacelovemickey
04-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Kevin, that was a wonderful tribute to Bob. I hope that you found some comfort from sharing your personal memories. Sendig hugs, thoughts and prayers your way. :hug:

Disneybridein2k3
04-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Kevin - thank you so much for letting us see just a bit into your wonderful memories. It really means so much to us that in your time of grief, you came here to share with us. Know that we are all thinking so much of all of you and while many of us didn't have the distinct pleasure of meeting Bob in person, we are also grieving the loss of our "imaginary friend". Please know that no one here judged you for teasing Bob - anything said here was done in jest - we all know you love Bob and no one doubted that for a minute. I'm sure this Christmas Eve at the Processional, you will be singing your heart out with tears in your eyes remembering what a wonderful person Bob was and just how blessed you are to have been a part of his life.

~Stacy

slapwhitey
04-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks Kevin, I'm sure it's not that easy for you sharing with a bunch of folks you've never met. Speaking for myself, I really appreciate it. There are a bunch of us out here in cyber space that are grieving for someone we feel we know better than some of our own "local" friends. In some way it helps me being able to share a bit of your past with Bob. Thanks again Kevin. Give our condolences to the rest of the crew and Dianer and family.

Jodi
04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Kevin - I just wanted to let you know that I really got how much Bob meant to you from your post. Thank you for sharing...Know that you & the rest of the podcast team are loved by a cynical middle-aged mom in CT. And I will tell all of my family members today that I love them, thank you.

aGoofyMom
04-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Kevin,

Thanks for posting this. I did always "get it" that Bob enjoyed the ribbing he got as he would set it up on occassion (I do that myself) This was the first thread I saw, not having heard the news. I stopped reading midway because I realized something wasn't right & found the right threads to read first.

Just as the roundtable always brings themselves to the podcast, your thoughts here don't just let us know how you are holding up - you are letting us be there for you and listen. Thank you for that. I feel as if I have truly lost a friend I hadn't met yet.

:grouphug:
Donna

BRobson
04-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Kevin - thanks for sharing your special memories of Bob with us :hug: I haven't thought of anything else today and although I never met Bob I feel as if I have lost a friend :guilty:

scarlett873
04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us Kevin. :hug:

wildeoscar
04-29-2008, 12:13 PM
and more with the crying.

joanjett1976
04-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Thank you for sharing Kevin.

My thoughts are with all of you.

Allison
04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Kevin,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

Bob's family and friends should be so proud of the mark this man left behind with hundreds of people he never even met.

It's obvious today he touched many people.

dvcfamily41801
04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Kevin your post gave me chills when I read that you spoke to Bob yesterday morning. I am so very sorry for your loss.:hug:

happy2go2wdwmom
04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Thank you Kevin.

We appreciate you thinking of us and helping us deal with with the grief. It is really a testiment to Bob's character that he touched so many lives.

In this new technological age this is a new process we are all going through.

Thank you again for understanding and allowing us to share our grief with you as well.:grouphug:

This is so true, beachwarmer. Kevin--your words are so beautiful so touching. I am utterly grateful and humbled that you shared this with us.

njsweetP
04-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks Kevin for sharing that with us, I truly enjoyed reading it.:hug:

Mrs Grumpy
04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Thank you Kevin for sharing. This world needed more Bob's. I know he was a great person.

teruterubouzu
04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
That was incredibly moving. Thanks for sharing those stories with us. I'm so very sorry for your loss and hold you and all of Bob's other friends and family in my prayers.

Cyrano
04-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Kevin thank you for sharing this. I think the love and respect you had for each other "shined" through on the podcast.
It is truely only with those closest to us that we can be the most honest, the most sincere and at times a look can transcend a 1,000 words.
I'm not ashamed to admit that this had me reading it with tears in my eyes :sad1:

DisneyWorld Delight
04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Kevin - thanks for sharing. It's just what I needed to hear.

Last night, before I even knew of Bob's passing, I was thinking about him. Thinking, in his life, he was probably having the most fun right now. He seemed to be having a ball. Running around Walt Disney World and working with you guys at DIS.

What a blessing you/he had.

mommyceratops
04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Kevin - thanks for sharing. It's just what I needed to hear.

Last night, before I even knew of Bob's passing, I was thinking about him. Thinking, in his life, he was probably having the most fun right now. He seemed to be having a ball. Running around Walt Disney World and working with you guys at DIS.

What a blessing you/he had.

Last night I just had the worst headache. Korben and I played Bob on Wii and I told my MIL about him.

How he was having the life, the wonderful job great friends, so much happiness right now. I told her how WildOscar said he told some guy "yea my boss pays me to go and videotape the parades" I loved that.

His own fan club! He was loving it, you could tell. If only he could of enjoyed it longer -

I had a hope that one day on a trip to Disney I could go and videotape a parade with Bob and just talk with him. He had so much to say when I met him I always hoped we could talk more. Never dreamed I wouldn't have that chance not to talk to him again.....

So sorry everyone....he touched many lives.

2wins
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you for sharing Kevin. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I have grown so fond of all of you. My family has dubbed all of you my imaginary friends. All I can say is t what a wonderful life, to have been able to make so many people laugh. Bob is such a vividl example of living the life God has given us to the fullest.

Annette_VA
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Kevin, thank you for sharing that. Listening to the podcast, is was obvious how much you guys loved each other. You could tell that the teasing and ribbing were in jest and out of love. I am so sorry you guys have lost such a wonderful friend. But, wow, how lucky you were to have him as you did!

wishspirit
04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Thank you Kevin, this must be hard for you and all the podcast crew right now.

Thinking about it, the two things i will always remember about Bawb are him saying 'They can't hit ya' and 'I'll do it!'.

The way any job was offered round the table, the first one to jump to the challange was Bawb. He was never one to let oppertunity slide by, and showed his passion in all things Disney so much that it really does feel like a loss of a kindred spirit. His courage in asking the tough questions and getting what he wanted was evident in the things he did.

I hope those two sayings will stick with me, I will never forget Bawb.

Oh no, here they come again :sad1:

SamSam
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to share your personal thoughts with us,it means a great deal to all of us. I think that one of the reasons we are so very touched and saddened by the loss of someone that some had never met is because you were all so much yourselves during the podcasts. It always felt that I was sitting right there along with the podcast crew and I always felt the love and the genuine respect you all have for each other.
Bob touched many people with his love, sincerety and genuine caring for others. I hope knowing that somehow eases the pain for you, the rest of the podcast crew and his family.

WaltD4Me
04-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Kevin....that was absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing that with all of us.

peanut1967
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Thankyou ....

Its been a strange ole day, a sad day, Bob, who I had never met, but came into my house nearly every day, and made me smile, and you cant beat that.

thanks for the smiles Bawb.

robertgp124
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Y'all make me smile every week. Your post was beautiful. Many tears being shed.

DexLabDeeDee
04-29-2008, 02:43 PM
As much as you needed to say it, I needed to hear it. Thank you Kevin.

kimbac3
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks Kevin:hug:

DVC Kathy
04-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you Kevin. That was beautiful. I'm crying again as well. I'm grieving for the Varley family, I'm grieving for the Podcast family, I'm grieving for the DIS community, and I'm grieving for myself.

Bob had a wonderful gift, to be able to reach so many of us this way. I'm going to try to live up to his example - to savor life, and to enjoy family and friends.

I think I need to take a vacation day. I've been in the office all day, but I haven't been able to concentrate on anything but this.

Kathy

willis37862
04-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Kevin :hug: How beautiful! I never doubted for a minute that you all ( podcast members) love and care about each other very much. As sad as I am and as much as I am going to miss him, I can't imagine the loss you all feel at this time. :sad1: I hope that the happy memories you have will get you through this sad time.

:hug:

bettyann29
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Kevin.. thank you so much for sharing this with us..

I only knew Bob thru the podcast and the boards and I loved listening to him and listening to all his wisdom.. I can only imagine the feelings you guys have today.. It was apparent in every show how much each of you love each other and are truly a family..

I agree he will be missed..

When you go to the Candlelight Processional this year and are singing your heart out just remember he is right there with you singing from above!

willis37862
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Thank you Kevin. That was beautiful. I'm crying again as well. I'm grieving for the Varley family, I'm grieving for the Podcast family, I'm grieving for the DIS community, and I'm grieving for myself.

Very well said. :sad1:

maiziezoe
04-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us. *sniff sniff*

He is already missed.

Super Genius
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Thank You Kevin.

UKDEB
04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
You're both strangers to me, Kevin, but those are heartbreakingly beautiful words. I'm really feeling your pain (and that of all those who loved him). Thank you for attempting to articulate your feelings - you did a wonderful job.

mrssmh
04-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Thank you, Kevin, for sharing that. I'm sure it was difficult to put into words but you did so beautifully. One of the main reasons the podcast is so much fun to listen to is the strong rapport the group shares. I always especially enjoyed hearing you and Bawb go back and forth with such obvious affection for each other. Please take care of yourselves while going through this extremely painful time. We are thinking of all of you and holding you in our hearts.

PlutoGirl1117
04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Kevin thank you so much for sharing that! What a beautiful friendship! You were both lucky to have each other.

Mmouse1026
04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Kevin that was wonderful bless your heart. Thank you so much for sharing your memories of Bawb with us. I'm having trouble typing through the tears. Please accept my condolences on your loss and may God be with you all

UrsulasShadow
04-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I have always been so jealous of the friendship you all have with one another. You are by far the luckiest people in the world to have found each other, and to have had the opportunity to spend so much of your lives together. The loss is incredible, I know. I lost my best friend suddenly several years ago, and I feel her absence every single day. Yet I feel so grateful for having known her, as you must all feel for having Bob as long as you did.

I'm glad that I have been able to linger at the periphery of your wonderful lives, and have had the opportunity to at least meet you all, and grow fond of you all. Thank you for letting us in, Kevin, and thank you for letting us grieve with you as well.

DisNutSam
04-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Kevin,

Your words were beautiful, and I wish that I could give you a big huge. Your close friendship was felt through the internet and touched all of us that listens to the podcast. Bob's memory will live through this community and his spirit will remain on these boards. My prayers will be for his family and for the dis team. My regret is that I had hoped to meet him on our next trip in Feb. I had already warned my family to be on the look-out for the kaht. Now when I go, I will remember the sweet man that made me laugh and smile with all his humor and love on my mp3. Wouldn't we all love to say that at the end of our life, we touched people all over the world. That's Bawb's legacy.

Much love,

Sammie

LilGMom
04-29-2008, 06:18 PM
We should all be so lucky to have such good friends as the Podcast Crew members have found in each other.

drakethib
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I talked to Bob yesterday morning at about 10:15am. I called to ask how he was feeling and if he needed anything. He told me was ok and feeling better.

Dont wait. Tell them.

Kevin

Kevin.

Well said.

There may not be a tomorrow.

God Bless.

mjperry
04-29-2008, 06:38 PM
In life we have acquaintance's but it's rare that one finds a true friend, And if you do there worth there weight in gold. Sounds like you had a real Gem for a friend, and thanks for sharing Bob with so meany of us.

DisDarling
04-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Kevin
I am so sorry for what you are all going through. Words cannot express how I have put myself in your shoes all day wondering how you are, what you are all doing, and just crying to myself.

I had a happier thought today though- Bob is meeting Walt Disney and Walt is probably trying to understand him as much as we all did with that accent!

You are ALL in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy P. from WI

*NikkiBell*
04-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Thank you for taking the time out of these very difficult days to celebrate Bob through writing. I was crying on the way to work about this all and still am very sad. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you all. Do not hesitate to ask.

DVCJones
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Thank you for sharing some of your special memories of Bob with us. I Hope you find comfort in all of the memories of your special friendship. You all are so lucky to have that. :hug: I am so sorry for your loss.

DisneyBryan
04-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Thank you for your words. They help to know more of the man we now miss.

Foolish Mortal
04-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Wow ! Nicely done Kevin. I was so looking forward to trying to find Kaht Kam on my trips later this year so I could meet him.

VanMickey
04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Thank you Kevin. We all can hear the love all you guys have for one another every week. That is what keeps us coming back.

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Kevin you chose the perfect words. :grouphug: to you and the podcast family.

FireDancer
04-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us Kevin. I hope Diana and the whole Podcast team can take solace in the fact that Bob was able to touch so many people whom he never met. The irony of the situation is something I have been thinking about all day. What I mean is that many of us feel a connection with Walt even though I would bet that almost none of us met him and many weren’t even born before he died. All of us are on these boards because we feel some connection to Disney despite this.

Everyone, including my, comments about how much Bob was able to touch our lives even though we never met him just made me think of the parallels.

I’ll see you all on the Bob Varley Memorial Podcast cruise.

disneymom8589
04-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Kevin, Thank you for sharing your heartwarming thoughts and memories. Bob sounded like a friend everyone would dearly love to have! You, the Varleys, and the Podcast team have been in my thoughts and prayers. Please accept my deepest condolescences. :grouphug:

farmergirl
04-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Kevin, that was very beautiful and you could feel the love you had for your friend in every word. Bob knew you loved him you can feel it in his words too. This is a few quotes of Bob's I just read on another thread....If I may ....

"I just want you to know that each week I sit there behind my mike listening to the opening on the show and words can not tell you how happy I am to hear Pete say "with me this week are my close friends Bob Varley, Julie Martin, Corey Martin, Kevin Klose, and John Magi." These people are really true friends "

"The people at the Round Table are my best friends"

"I love each and every one of them"

.........Bob loved you all !:grouphug:

miss missy
04-30-2008, 12:58 AM
Kevin,

Thanks for sharing. ***wipes eyes*** That was so wonderful!!

Bob loved planning our weekly get togethers and outings. We used to rib him about "synchronizing our watches". If we were going someplace new of different, Bob would get there hours early (sometimes the day before) and then call us with the best directions and where to park and what not to miss. And yes....I used to tease him about that...but that was part of who Bob and I were.

This is pefect to how I saw Bob!! :love:

You were so blessed to find a friend like Bob and he you. He will live on through you and for that we all thank you. :grouphug:

DVCsince02
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Thank you for sharing.

Cool-Beans
04-30-2008, 10:29 AM

Dont wait. Tell them.This is good advice for us all.

Judging from your post, I'm sure he knew how you felt. :hug:

I already said it on another thread, but my thoughts and prayers are with Bob's family and all of you who knew and loved him. He seemed like a hell of a nice guy and good sport. I am terribly and genuinely sorry for your loss.

timmac
04-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Iíll see you all on the Bob Varley Memorial Podcast cruise.

Wow... I like how that sounds.

GRUMPY0711
04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Bob was a blessed man to have such a good friend. We are thinking and praying for all of you.

Jon (Grumpy0711)