PDA

View Full Version : 1st time @ ASSports- help!!

wld4mky
04-29-2008, 11:21 AM
If there is anyone who has stayed here and can offer some advice I would Apprec it. We have stayed at ASMovies (2000) but most recently at Pop.
Any info. is helpful. Going in Sept with free dining. Thanks a bunch.:goodvibes

Bob P
04-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi,

There is a resort FAQ stick at the top of the page:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1592414

You can also find lots of info here:

http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_as.htm

wld4mky
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Thank-you I'll check there:)

brad3640
04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
We stayed the first time went two years ago at ASMo. and we enjoyed it. We then let my oldest decided where to stay for our next trip and he picked ASSp. We enjoyed it so much we booked again for Sept. They were in the process last Sept. of redoing the rooms. My sister stayed in a renovated room and it was really nice, however ours was not renovated yet but was still really nice. The pool was also being referb. so we swam in the little one but my husband and i and two kids loved it!! the food court we thought was very good. we stayed at the surfs up rooms. It was right behind the lobby so we didn't have a long walk to the busses or food court. if you have any questions i would be glad to try to answer them for ya.

disnut8
04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
If you've stayed at Movies before, the only difference is that the icons are for sports. Seriously, I've stayed at all three All Stars many times and the only difference for me is what kind of mood I am in when I make the call. If it's during football season, we're in at Sports. Otherwise, I don't care between Music and Movies. To me, they are all the same.

disfan07
04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I just stayed at ASSports in december and we loved it....with that being said....if you are not paying for a preferred room, rquest a room in the touchdown buildings....that is where we were adn all the roms are renovated adn it is very close to both the food court adn pools wihtout being really loud..we found that it was a better room than what we woul dhave gotten for $10 extra a night in the surfs up building

joanng
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Loved ASsports stayed there twice when kids were younger.Suggest asking for a room not near any of the pools, can be noisy at night especially if you want to relax after a long day at parks. We always stayed at Baseball section 2nd floor facing the back, the view is usually a parking lot but at night we could see the fireworks at magic Kingdom from the balcony of room, we would put the kids to bed and put our 2 room chairs right outside the room and relax watching the fireworks.

They have a great foodcourt- lots of kid kinda meals, the typical chicket nuggets , mac & cheese ect. They also have an arcade. And just walking around all the buildings is fun with all the giant icons. I hope you all have a great time, I know you will:cool1:

Missouri Disney Fan
04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
I stayed at the Sports last year. There was a cheerleading convention going on at the same time, so it was a little loud sometimes. But most of the kids were pretty considerate once they realized that there was someone who wasn't from their group in their midst.

My favorite part of being at the Sports was that the buses seemed to stop there first before going on to the Music and Movies resorts. So I could always find a seat on the bus.

dclfun
04-30-2008, 07:03 AM
With the newly renovated rooms at Sports it's like a "new" resort compared with prior to the upgrades. The pillow top beds are fantastic as is the decor. You will feel like you got much "more" than just a value resort. I'd not hesitate to book a stay at ASSports or Music.---Kathy

disneyfan55
04-30-2008, 07:30 AM
We stayed there last Sept with the free dining, too. We had a great stay. We were in the basketball section and they were remodeling while we were there. We were not lucky enough to get a renovated room but it was nice just the same. The main pool was also in renovation process and reopened the day before we left. This was really only the second time in a Value and we had a great time. It was the best deal ever. The dining does structure your stay though. It was the only trip we made that took so much planning. The dining reservations took a lot of time to try to get any of the restaruants we really wanted and we did reserve as soon as we made the actual reservation. Have a great time. I'm sure the entire resort has been renovated by this time. We are staying at the All Star Music in 2 weeks. My second time there. The first was with my kids high school band/choir in 1995. That was a great trip. I see how many posters don't want to be around the school groups. We had over 300 kids and no problems or extra noise. They did wonderful performances in MK, EPCOT and the village. HAve a great trip.